Hello YCM Community today I bring you a cute and chocolate coated card. :3

PlayfulFox_zpsf7c05b36.png?t=1371794790

When this Defense Position card is destroyed by batlle: You can Special Summon 2 ''Playful Fox'' monsters from your deck in face-up Defense Position.

A playful little fox often seen roaming around the forest's playing tricks on other animals. They tend to live alone.

Remember to critique and suggest what would be better for this cute little foxy.  :)

Edit: New Revised Edition of the Playful Fox taking in consideration the feedback I gathered. Thanks to all who helped  :)

See ya around

So, its a mix between Bubonic Vermin and Nimble Momonga in a way? It's hardly any better than Momonga, since that doesn't have to be in DP, and Vermin can be flipped face-down again later and then face-up so you don't even lose anything. It makes this very meh, and it doesn't have anything I would really want. It also doesn't say "up to", so if you sit with the other in your hand, you're screwed.

It's basically the same as Naturia Cherries, except that Naturia Cherries are Tuners, and can summon 2 no matter how they are destroyed, which makes them better.

They can be useful toward tributing for a summon if your opponent can't destroy them all, but they don't really do anything that many current cards already can, and they take up a lot of room in the deck.

I think they need a bit more power. You could maybe give it a high ATK, so that if any survive, you at least have a beatstick by the time it is your go. Or maybe a higher level so they contribute toward getting higher level xyz/synchros out. 

Solid card design, but a bit underwhelming I'd say. ;) 

Could you please update the original post instead in the future? Anyway, this is interesting that's for sure. An alternate way to make Rank 6s, that I didn't except, and also a possible way to make a Rank 9, though not as easy, as you're expected to have another monster. You should probably give it this clause instead "Once per turn: You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" cards in your Graveyard x 3.

It is more like Hyena then Vermin/Momonga.

Ontopic: The updated card is interesting, and could see play. The 1500 ATK seems out of place, it didn't really need an ATK increase anyways. The DEF makes it decent Rekindling Synchro support, and could be an instant Rank 3/4 Xyz Summon provided your opponent attacked with only 1 monster. Another target for Super-Nimble. The "x3" Level increase suggested by Zazu would make it really playable for the attempt of a Rank 6 Xyz, and rekindling could bring back two of the dead and leave 1 behind for an instant Rank 6. I back Zazu's suggestion in that sense, as a Rekindling Xyz Deck would be cool to see.

The levelng system is very interesting, I approve. I agree with Therrion that the ATK isn't needed now that it has that effect (even if it was my suggestion in the first place :D ) I agree zazubat's suggestion is decent, could get rank 9's now even, god forbid (although there are only 2 viable choices in this sparsely populated level). It is nice fire deck support with 200 DEF, feels like Fox Fire found itself a useful cousin. ;)

It could make a Rank 9 provided two got slaughtered and given another monster to Overlay with, though it is doubtful.

I suggest an ATK decrease just because it seems odd for a Playful Fox to be as strong as deadly looking monsters like Hide Ride, Inari Fire, Giant Killer and etc.

800 makes sense.

Could you please update the original post instead in the future? Anyway, this is interesting that's for sure. An alternate way to make Rank 6s, that I didn't except, and also a possible way to make a Rank 9, though not as easy, as you're expected to have another monster. You should probably give it this clause instead "Once per turn: You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" cards in your Graveyard x 3.

Actually, it seems like it gains a Level for each copy of it in the Graveyard, not the Level of each copy of it in the Graveyard, so it'd go between Rank 3 and Rank 4, at least the way I'm reading it.

As for a suggestion or two, I think it's an alright card as is too, but it'd be nice to have it be able to Special Summon from the hand as well, in case of dead draws. I mean, it already only triggers from Battle destruction and is restrictive enough in it's targets, so I think it'd be a nice bonus.

Zazu was offering a suggestion to change the effect to be able to go from Rank 3 to Rank 6 to Rank 9, fully aware of the current being from Rank 3 to Rank 4 to Rank 5.

The hand is a decent idea, considering running three of these would cause dead draws.

Zazu was offering a suggestion to change the effect to be able to go from Rank 3 to Rank 6 to Rank 9, fully aware of the current being from Rank 3 to Rank 4 to Rank 5.

The hand is a decent idea, considering running three of these would cause dead draws.

It sounded to me like he was missinterpreting rather than suggesting, personally.
"An alternate way to make Rank 6s, that I didn't except"

With my thinking that the word "except" was actually meant to be "expect"

Of course, it'd be interesting as a suggestion. I'd be all for it, too.

"You should probably give it this clause instead "Once per turn: You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" cards in your Graveyard x 3."

That being the suggestion, in which case he was referring to the suggestion.

...... alright I'll give you that.

Iirc, that's more or less how Inzektors were planned to work. Using them quile with equips to increase their Levels to 6.

Though after actual testing, it ended up not being their most efficient way of use at all, so yeah, it'd be interesting for something like this card to be around. To have a Set monster be able to become a Rank 6 next turn would be awesome.

Wait, you're saying this isn't how it works? I thought from the look of how it was, the intention was that it increased the card by the level of the other foxes. I gave that suggestion since that's what I thought was more clear, as it just says "You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" monsters in your Graveyard", which I would think means that it would increase it's Level by those card's Level. Does that make sense? Anyway, if my Rank 6 way is not the intended way, but Rank 4s are, that's kinda boring, as Rank 6s need another way than just Hazy Flames and stuff.

Wait, you're saying this isn't how it works? I thought from the look of how it was, the intention was that it increased the card by the level of the other foxes. I gave that suggestion since that's what I thought was more clear, as it just says "You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" monsters in your Graveyard", which I would think means that it would increase it's Level by those card's Level. Does that make sense? Anyway, if my Rank 6 way is not the intended way, but Rank 4s are, that's kinda boring, as Rank 6s need another way than just Hazy Flames and stuff.

The Rank 6 was intended I will update the original card post today. With Once per turn: You can increase this card's Level by the number of "Playful Fox" cards in your Graveyard x 3. and with Akari's new adition making it possible to not be Dead draw so it can special summoned from the hand and will reduce his ATK to 800.

That should make the card much more playworthy and versatile. Rekindling Decks will love this, making a Photon Bounzer in addition to some crazy Synchro. I wouldn't mind seeing this card IRL (yes, I know it is weakish still, but I have a soft spot for sup-par cards).

Archived