Spellstone Sorcerers (Inspired by Powerstone Sorcerer Karood)

Loyalist

I was looking at yugioh cards on DN for inspiriation much like my 'Sand' archetype based of Sand_Moth.

My inspiration this time was two cards that worked together yet since there was only two of them a deck couldn't be made with them... Until now.

Inspiration: 

Spellstone_Sorcerer_Karood

Powersink_Stone

[spoiler='XYZ MONSTER']239254_zps84e58462.jpg

Lore: [/spoiler]

[spoiler='MONSTERS']5YJtK47.jpg

Lore: Once per turn, when another Monster Card's effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card, place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from your side of the field to target 1 "Powersink" Card in your graveyard: add that target to your hand.

8BzZJuF.jpg

Lore: Once per turn, when another Monster Card's effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card, place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from your side of the field to target 1 "Spellstone" Monster you control: Its original ATK becomes 2000 until the End Phase.

QBoLgBT.jpg

Lore: You can remove 2 "Powerstone" counters from anywhere on the field to Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, you can send 1 face-up "Powersink" card you control to the graveyard: target 1 of your opponent's banished Monsters and Special Summon it to your side of this field in face-up attack position.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='SPELLS/TRAPS']yR54H29.jpg

3KwfgkP.jpg

Lore: Each time a monster effect is activated, place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 2). While this card has 2 Spellstone Counters, "Spellstone" Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. During the End Phase remove all Spellstone counters from this card, then banish 1 card from your opponent's graveyard.[/spoiler]

Your archetype seems pretty mediocre to be quite honest. The only form of Speed these have is Gateway + Trite engine. The other cards range from meh, to alright, but I can't really see these being played very well. Also, the original cards are kind of bad, so I hardly doubt you would want to use those in the Deck. I'm gonna go over all the cards 1 by 1, and also fix their, not trying to offend you, awful OCG. I'm starting with monsters, and then Spells/Traps, and then Xyz, no idea why you put the Xyz Monster on the top, also, that card misses it's lore, so I can't be bothered to fix that card's lore before you put it in.

Trite:

The best card in the Archetype. As I already mentioned, the re-use engine works wonders to increase Speed for this card, but it's stats make it pretty bad for anything besides Xyz Summoning. You do have Kavall synegy, but as it's only 2000, there isn't much point.

Once per turn, when another monster effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from a card you control to target 1 "Powersink" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Kavall:

Honestly, this is pretty awful. If it wasn't for the fact that you don't have many other options to use with Trite, that just makes this a fodder, something that's pretty sad in a Deck. I also find it sad that it isn't even useable during your opponent's turn at all.

Once per turn, when another monster effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from a card you control to target 1 "Spellstone" Monster you control; its original ATK becomes 2000 until the End Phase.

Eldoor:

This card just seems to come out of nowhere, it's a Level 5 for some reason, and doesn't float well with the Rank 3 usage you're trying to do with this Archetype. It's effect is hard to use properly, though it has 1 good thing, when you Summon it, you put Counters back on the cards you just took, so that is quite handy. Won't really see play if I were to use it though. Make more Level 5s, and a Rank 5, and maybe some Level 4s and a Rank 4, so you can use some Rank-Up-Magic fun on them, that would be quite interesting to say the least.

You can remove 2 Powerstone Counters from anywhere on the field; Special Summon this card from your hand (effect summons don't use ( and ), only inherrent summons do). Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Powersink" card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 of your opponent's banished monsters;Special Summon it to your side of this field in face-up Attack Position.

Gateway:

As said, one of the best card in the Deck as it increases their speed. It's balanced since your targets are eh, it got a good effect, it's a Quick-Play to make it work well, and you can even Summon the Level 5 with it, if that's your thing.

Special Summon 1 "Spellstone" monster from your hand, and if you do, place 1 Spellstone Counter on it. You can only activate 1 "Powersink Gateway" per turn.

At first, I didn't really get this card, but then I realized that it can actually work well with the banish Summoning you have going on. It's kind of slow for that though, but it does mess around with some plays, which can be quite fun. It's too bad that it is required to remove counters from it for it to banish, I wish you had put in "also" so it wouldn't need to. The no destroy is always handy, and makes it so your monsters can stay alive for longer. It's probably one of the more interesting cards in the Archetype, and is well worth playing, and it is quite balanced too. Good job.

Each time a monster effect is activated: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 2). While this card has 2 Spellstone Counters, "Spellstone" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. During the End Phase: Remove all Spellstone Counters from this card, then banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.

Warrior:

It's their RoTA, which I suppose can make them pick up their speed quite well, and allows you to quickly gain back your Trite for more Special Summoning. The sad thing though is that it's kind of messy to use. As the card got poor stats, it is required to count on it's materials to work, and since it's only when your opponent targets it, and not at all times, it becomes quite sad, and since your Archetype is about having monsters use their effects, having it be able to activate during your turn would be quite handy. As said, no lore, no fixes.

Your archetype seems pretty mediocre to be quite honest. The only form of Speed these have is Gateway + Trite engine. The other cards range from meh, to alright, but I can't really see these being played very well. Also, the original cards are kind of bad, so I hardly doubt you would want to use those in the Deck. I'm gonna go over all the cards 1 by 1, and also fix their, not trying to offend you, awful OCG. I'm starting with monsters, and then Spells/Traps, and then Xyz, no idea why you put the Xyz Monster on the top, also, that card misses it's lore, so I can't be bothered to fix that card's lore before you put it in.

Trite:

The best card in the Archetype. As I already mentioned, the re-use engine works wonders to increase Speed for this card, but it's stats make it pretty bad for anything besides Xyz Summoning. You do have Kavall synegy, but as it's only 2000, there isn't much point.

Once per turn, when another monster effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from a card you control to target 1 "Powersink" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Kavall:

Honestly, this is pretty awful. If it wasn't for the fact that you don't have many other options to use with Trite, that just makes this a fodder, something that's pretty sad in a Deck. I also find it sad that it isn't even useable during your opponent's turn at all.

Once per turn, when another monster effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from a card you control to target 1 "Spellstone" Monster you control; its original ATK becomes 2000 until the End Phase.

Eldoor:

This card just seems to come out of nowhere, it's a Level 5 for some reason, and doesn't float well with the Rank 3 usage you're trying to do with this Archetype. It's effect is hard to use properly, though it has 1 good thing, when you Summon it, you put Counters back on the cards you just took, so that is quite handy. Won't really see play if I were to use it though. Make more Level 5s, and a Rank 5, and maybe some Level 4s and a Rank 4, so you can use some Rank-Up-Magic fun on them, that would be quite interesting to say the least.

You can remove 2 Powerstone Counters from anywhere on the field; Special Summon this card from your hand (effect summons don't use ( and ), only inherrent summons do). Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Powersink" card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 of your opponent's banished monsters;Special Summon it to your side of this field in face-up Attack Position.

Gateway:

As said, one of the best card in the Deck as it increases their speed. It's balanced since your targets are eh, it got a good effect, it's a Quick-Play to make it work well, and you can even Summon the Level 5 with it, if that's your thing.

Special Summon 1 "Spellstone" monster from your hand, and if you do, place 1 Spellstone Counter on it. You can only activate 1 "Powersink Gateway" per turn.

At first, I didn't really get this card, but then I realized that it can actually work well with the banish Summoning you have going on. It's kind of slow for that though, but it does mess around with some plays, which can be quite fun. It's too bad that it is required to remove counters from it for it to banish, I wish you had put in "also" so it wouldn't need to. The no destroy is always handy, and makes it so your monsters can stay alive for longer. It's probably one of the more interesting cards in the Archetype, and is well worth playing, and it is quite balanced too. Good job.

Each time a monster effect is activated: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 2). While this card has 2 Spellstone Counters, "Spellstone" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. During the End Phase: Remove all Spellstone Counters from this card, then banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.

Warrior:

It's their RoTA, which I suppose can make them pick up their speed quite well, and allows you to quickly gain back your Trite for more Special Summoning. The sad thing though is that it's kind of messy to use. As the card got poor stats, it is required to count on it's materials to work, and since it's only when your opponent targets it, and not at all times, it becomes quite sad, and since your Archetype is about having monsters use their effects, having it be able to activate during your turn would be quite handy. As said, no lore, no fixes.

I couldn't add Warrior's lore cause Yugico messed up and wouldn't load and since It's quite late I couldn't be asked to write it up again so I'll add it tomorrow, sorry.

Thanks for the reviews and I always felt the archetype was quite weak but I just don't know what to add to make it work better. Gateway was my only real way of doing it and as you said works well with trite however I still think it lacks speed.

I did try to make them Light and Dark for Honest and BLS as an option but I agree with the level 5, I just wanted to take advantage of Karood's banishing effect since it was pretty bad however I feel he is still in need of support in either a modified effect or other cards.

I'm a tad tired to I will edit it tomorrow but you took your time to make a well worth review that helps me a lot, Reps for you ^^

P.S. Sorry about the OCG as I said it's late and I'm tired so.. yeah.

An interesting card to approach with an Archetype (has been done before, however), but executed poorly.

Simply making the effects on the cards you have better would make the archetype better. Don't bother with adding more cards, just edit the ones you have.

The Level 5 is out of place, as said. Far too slow, and too conditional. Summoning from opponent's Graveyard would be fine in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind a Deck search from Trite.

Kavall's "Shadow of the Six Samurai" effect is depressing. Perhaps make it so the Spellstone monster cannot be destroyed until the End Phase and make the monster it battles banished at the end of the Battle Phase (D.D. Warrior Lady style).

Altar could remove the two for a more interesting effect. Perhaps you could provide options on the card, like banishing two cards in the grave, drawing a card, or adding one of your banished cards to your hand.

Rather scatterthought review for ya, I didn't feel like being neat with this one. Good luck to ya.

It is obvious that the cards are in need of a power boost and ocg fixes.

I'm kinda lazy so it may take a while.. In the mean time I have got the lore for Spellstone Possessed Warrior:

Lore: 2 Level 3 SpellcasterType Monsters

Once per turn, if an effect Monster's effect activates place 1 Spellstone counter on this card (max 2.) You can remove 2 Spellstone counters from your side of the field to add 1 "Spellstone" Monster from your deck to your hand. If this card is selected as an attack target you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: increase it's ATK by the detach Monster's DEF until the end of the Battle Phase.

I also noticed a typo which I did not edit because 1. I'm lazy and 2. I want an actual ocg fix so when I reupload the image to photobucket I wont have to delete all the old ones and spare image on my pc. (Typo was detach instead of detached, just shows how little I bother to read my lores.)

EDIT: looks like yugico removed half my spaces.. Bare with my while I fix it. Should be better now.

Ok here is a rough update I made using the advice you guys gave me.

[spoiler='Eldoor']3l2SSVP.jpg[/spoiler]

Lore: You can remove 2 Powerstone Counters from anywhere on the field; Special Summon this card from your hand. This card's level becomes 3 while in face-up attack position. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Spellstone" Monster from your graveyard and if you do it becomes level 5 until the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect.

I did a complete redo of this card (Almost) and think it is slightly better since it offers a free reborn + generates Spellstone counters as well as opening access to rank 5 and 3s.

[spoiler='Kavall']QJn2XpT.jpg[/spoiler]

Lore: Once per turn, when another monster effect is activated while there is no Spellstone Counter on this card: Place 1 Spellstone Counter on this card (max. 1). This card gains 300 DEF for each Spellstone Counter on it. Once per turn, during either player's battle phase if a "Spellstone" Monster you control battles: You can remove 1 Spellstone Counter from a card you control to target that Monster; It gains ATK equal to the attack of the opponent's Monster until the end of the damage step.

I made him into a honest... I thought of trying to keep the general theme of ATK boosting but feel this may be too overpowered since your opponent may not want to attack knowing what will happen, although it is only once per turn and for a single battle rather than for a turn (Which most people seem to forget with honest >.<)

[spoiler='Trite']tVx6bVu.jpg[/spoiler]

Lore: (Same as before) The only change I made was boosting his ATK by another 600 which I don't think will do much to be honest. However, I agreed that his stats were low so I tried to make some effort of boosting it.

I still want to keep the banishing theme but am not entirely sure how to adjust it. Maybe a rank 5 but as stated before the set does not need quantity but quality. Let me know if these are any better and I will try my best to edit them.

Archived