Hello you all. The Archetype is about negating effects, except when battling. They abuse the Battle Phase by having effects work when they are battling themselves, and therefor inforces control. They're all DARK, and they're all Fiend-Types. They support Level 6. They all have 600 DEF, and support cards with 600 and under. They're also dependent on you having DARK monsters in the Graveyard for their effects to work proper. Tributing is also a bit part in their design. As you know, I like my naming gimmicks, so of course this one has one as well. The first is the Archetype name, which is a portmanteau of Dark and Absence. The next is that all monsters start with P and have the suffix "er". Also, they are all a form of "occupation" if you can call them that. I have a feeling that these can work quite well with Archfiends, as they allow for negating, are Fiend-Type, are DARK, support Level 6s. But they also play in their own deck as well.

Main Deck Monsters

[spoiler=Portrayer]

Portrayer-2.png

If the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters, when this card battles an opponent’s monster: You can Tribute this card; change the battle position of 1 monster on the field. If this card is Tributed: You can negate the effects of 1 monster on the field. You can banish this card in your Graveyard to target 1 DARK monster you control; decrease or increase it’s Level by 2.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pursuer]

Pursuer-1.png

During the Damage Step, before Damage Calculation, when a “Darksence” monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard; that monster gains 600 ATK for each monster with 600 or less DEF on the field until the End Phase. When this card battles an opponent’s monster, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can Tribute this card to target 1 other monster you control whose effects are negated; it gains ATK equal to the monster(s) it battles until the end of the Damage Step for the rest of the turn. If this card was Tributed during the Battle Phase, during your next Standby Phase, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prisoner]

Prisoner-1.png

If the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters, during the Battle Phase: You can Tribute 1 monster you control whose effects are negated; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, you can negate the effects of all other monsters on the field, except when they are battling. Your opponent cannot banish monsters from either player’s Graveyard, except by monster effects that activate during the Damage Step. If this card is Tributed, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can add 1 “Darksence” card from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Plunderer]

Plunderer.png

When this card is Normal Summoned, its effects cannot be negated until the End Phase, except during the Battle Phase. When this card is Normal Summoned, if the only monsters in your Graveayard are DARK monsters: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Darksence” monster from your hand, but it’s effects are negated, except when it battles. When this card battles, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards or effects until the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is Tributed: Draw 1 card, then draw another if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Punisher]

Punisher.png

If the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can target 1 monster on the field; negate it’s effects, then Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters, if the effects of a DARK monster(s) you control would be negated, you can reveal 1 card in your hand instead. Once per turn: You can increase or decrease the Level of 1 “Darksence” monster you control by 2. If this card battles: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster you control; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, also if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent’s card effects unttil the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is Tributed, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can add 1 “Darksence” card from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

Spell/Trap Cards

[spoiler=Darkburst]

DarksenceDarkburst.png

If there are no DARK monsters in your Graveyard, this card's effects are negated. The equipped monster's effects are negated, except when it battles, also it gains 200 ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can have the equipped monster gain its effects until the end of this Phase. Once per turn, during either player's End Phase: You can target 1 other monster on the field; equip this card to that target.

[/spoiler]

Extra Deck Monsters

[spoiler=Presider]

DarksencePresider.png

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase. This card's effects cannot be negated, except by your opponent's cards. Once per turn, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can target 1 "Darksence" monster you control and 1 in your Graveyard; negate the first target's effects, except when it battles, then Special Summon the second target. It cannot declare an attack this turn, also that target gains 300 ATK. An Xyz Monster using this card as an Xyz Material gain 500 ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Preacher]

DarksencePreacher.png

2 or more (max 5.) Level 6 DARK monsters
Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase. This card's effects cannot be negated, except by your opponent's cards. Once per turn, if the only monsters in your Graveyard are DARK monsters: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, also you can Tribute 1 monster you control; add 1 "Darksence" card from your Graveyard to your hand, also if you Tributed a monster, all Darksence monsters you control gain 300 ATK. While this card has "Darksence Presider" attached to it as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
   * When this card attacks and destroys an opponnet's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack once again during this Battle Phase, also at the start of the Damage Step, this card gains 500 ATK until the end of the Damage Step each time this effect is used this turn.

[/spoiler]

I love the effects of all these cards :D. I can see some of the combos to start swarming the field like Plunderer and Prisoner and I think that these cards are actually pretty balanced and not OP at all.... I'd give it a 9/10 because I found the effects a little confusing when I first read them (but that's just me!). All in all a pretty good set of cards.

The cards texts are very long, so it's hard to get at first what the deck is trying to do, and why certain effects were made. but after reading them all i think i can see the picture, you are basically neagating your own monsters effects, altough it dosent hurt them cause their effects work almost only in BP were they can activate them, but they still have to be neagated for other cards to work. sometimes you neagate your opponent effects only(cause what the chanses they have ones that work in BP), and just making pluses or make the deck flow by tributing and searching and stuff.
overall nice idea, altough a little bit complicated to understand. but it's also good cause such long texts also makes it harder to learn how to play and master the deck, which people do too easelly with stuff like ED today. 
why Darkburst can change itself to another monster if his eff will not keep neagating the one he was equiped to before? do you intend to neaget your monster, abuse it with something that require that kind of restriction on the field, but not tribute that monster so the equip wont die, and then give it to your opp to neagate his?

Archived