...And God Flooded the Earth

FF Fan

Based on the novel Clay's Ark, by Octavia Butler

Again, read the lores for the most up to date effects and ocg.

hXGDFiW.png
[spoiler=Lore]You cannot activate this card from your hand. Shuffle your Deck. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, treat all monsters currently on the field as Reptile-Type.[/spoiler]

0mJo0gD.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, its Type is treated as Reptile. You can take control of 1 Reptile-Type monster your opponent controls until the End Phase, but it cannot attack. This effect can only be activated once while this card is face-up on the field.[/spoiler]

GnubitF.png
[spoiler=Lore]You can Tribute 1 Reptile-Type monster; Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. During either player's turn: You can Tribute this card; until the End Phase, all monsters are treated as Reptile-Type.[/spoiler]

VOVknKx.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. When this card is destroyed by battle, destroy all Reptile-Type monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

i2cBmkD.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Once per turn if there is at least 1 other Reptile-Type monster on the field you can Special Summon 1 "Jacob, Legacy of the Ark" from your Deck.[/spoiler]

78i61bA.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Once per turn you can target 1 other Reptile-Type monster you control; until your next End Phase the targeted monster cannot be destroyed by card effects. You cannot target the same monster twice by this effect.[/spoiler]

O7mpbBk.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Once per turn if your opponent controls a Reptile-Type monster you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Ark" monster from your Graveyard.[/spoiler]

8xQHNT7.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Monsters you control gain 400 ATK and DEF for each Reptile-Type monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

26j6mxF.png
[spoiler=lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Once per turn you can target 1 Reptile-Type monster your opponent controls and add 1 "Ark" monster to your hand from your Graveyard with the same Level or Rank as the targeted monster.
[/spoiler]

oSQ3rmP.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. Once per turn: You can target 1 Reptile-Type monster your opponent controls; add 1 "Ark" monster to your hand from the Deck with the same Level as the targeted monster.[/spoiler]

5JlED2W.png
[spoiler=Lore]At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; It's Type is treated as Reptile. When this card leaves the field, destroy Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls up to the number of Reptile-Type monsters on the field.[/spoiler]

BHj0NV2.png
[spoiler=Lore]You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 2 Reptile-Type monsters from either side of the field (at least 1 must be from your side of the field). Reptile-Type monsters that battle with this card are destroyed at the start of the Damage Step and your opponent loses Life Points equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x100. [/spoiler]

LvZHfCf.png
[spoiler=Lore]2 Level 3 Reptile-Type monsters.
When this card is Summoned target 1 monster your opponent controls;its Type is treated as Reptile. You can detach 2 Xyz materials from this card to Special Summon monsters from your Graveyard equal to the number of Reptile-Type monsters your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

DS5l8tj.png
[spoiler=Lore]2 Level 4 Reptile-Type monsters. All banished monsters and monsters in your opponent's Deck are treated as Reptile-Type. You can detach 2 Xyz materials from this card and target cards on the field equal to the number of Reptile-Type monsters your opponent controls; Negate the effects of the targeted cards. Monsters targeted by this effect ATK and DEF are decreased to 500.
[/spoiler]

bBskKak.png
[spoiler=Lore]You can only activate this card when your opponent sends a monster they control to the Graveyard except by battle; Check your opponent's hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of their 3rd turn after this card's activation. Non-Reptile Type Monsters checked by this effect Levels' become 1 and are treated as Reptile-Type while in the hand or on the field (facedown monsters are flipped face-up). Originally printed Reptile-Type monsters checked are banished.[/spoiler]

E5ADZ2R.png
[spoiler=Lore]You can only activate this card if the only monsters you control are Reptile-Type. Your opponent reveals the top 3 cards of their Deck. For each monster revealed inflict 200 damage x the Level of the revealed monster to your opponent's Life Points. Any Reptile-Type or "Patternist" monsters revealed this way are banished.[/spoiler]

4IdO3dh.png
[spoiler=lore]Once per turn you can target 2 monsters on the field with the same Level, but different Types; 1 of those Types must be Reptile. Special Summon 1 "Ark" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck with the same Level or Rank as the targeted monsters. [/spoiler]
xvAqps6.png
[spoiler=lore]Once per turn you can look at 1 random card in your opponent's hand or the top card of your opponent's Deck and apply the appropriate effect depending on the revealed card:
* Spell or Trap Card: Lose 800 Life Points.
* Non Reptile-Type Monster Card: Special Summon it to your opponent's side of the field.
* Reptile-Type Monster Card: Special Summon it to your side of the field.[/spoiler]

Not sure which version of this I should go with.

sLFPouH.png
[spoiler=lore]Activate one of the following effects equal to the number of Reptile-Type monsters on the field:
* 1+ Draw 1 card.
* 2+ Reptile-Type monsters your opponent controls cannot attack or be tributed for 2 of your opponent's turns.
* 3+ Reptile-Type monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF.
* 4+ Draw 2 cards.
* 5+ Destroy all monsters you control except for 1. It gains 500 ATK and it cannot be removed from the field by card effects until your 2nd End Phase after this card's activation. [/spoiler]

Aaaaaand it's me again, I took quite some time reviewing this archetype. Gonna do a individual on this one. 

REVIEW:

MONSTERS:

Eli, Survivor of the Ark: I see no problem on this card. Though I think the wording should be (I only know the basic OCG's so may still be wrong) "At the End Phase of the turn that this card is Summoned: Treat this card as Reptile-type. Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can take control of 1 Reptile-type monster your opponent controls, it cannot declare an attack.

Blake of the Ark- I'm just wondering whether the tributing requirement for this card to be Summoned from the Graveyard can be from your side only or as well the opponent's side? Other than that. I see no problem with this card.

Rane of the Ark- Ok, out of all the cards I've seen from this archetype. This card poses to be quite OP, as it can be easily summoned. Though it fairs the same with the Attribute Reptile cards, only this is locked to destroy Reptiles only. I still think it can be summoned too easily for it's great effect. Perhaps make it harder to summon on the field?

Keira of the Ark- No problem with this card.

Jacob, Legacy of the Ark- No problem.

Ingraham of the Ark- I think this card is good but, I think you should make to "If the only monsters your opponent control are Reptile-type monsters" than "If your opponent controls a Reptile-type monster" to balance it reborn effect. Though it doesn't seem too necessary but i think it would be better that way

Meda of the Ark- Very simple yet that makes it very beautiful. <3

Lupe of the Ark & Lorene of the Ark- Nice job on this card. It's nice but errrm...they both have the same effs? 

Kaneshiro of the Ark- Nice job on this one. It's not OP cause you specifically made its eff to activate when it's out of the field and not a Once per turn effect.

Gwyn of the Ark- Lovely reborn effect. May lead to a nice nice swarm <3 and it's not that  OP imo either. Nice.

Alana of the Ark- I think this card is good too but I'm a bit bothered that it seems to do too much? It's like a Forbidden Chalice on legs. 

SPELLS:

Clay's Ark- Is this card effect when sent to the graveyard permanent? Otherwise it should be "While this card remains in the graveyard: All monsters on the field are treated as Reptile-types".

Clay Ark Cannon- A random burn card for the Archetype? It's a good card to use esp with Alana on the field too.

They Live Among Us- A nice card that can be punishing and helpful at the same time. With some of the cards on this archetype, it can actually prove to be useful. However, does it ignore the summoning conditions of certain cards? Like "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by its own effect" What about those cards?

The Disease...It Changes You-  No problem on this card. Nice job on a multiple effect card. xD

OVERALL: I may have missed some cards. Please do remind me of this if I did. Also, will look on the OCG's one by one next time. Salutations on another good Archetype. I think Worm,Reptilianne,Venom and other reptile archetypes would want to murder this archetype. xDDD

You did actually miss the Trap Card, Clayark Invasion Virus and Terror of the Ark, but Lorene and Lupe's effects aren't exactly the same, just similar. Lupe gets a Clayark from the Graveyard and Lorene gets one from the Deck.

Also since you didn't comment about the 1st version of They Live Among US I assume you think the 2nd one is better? The card rules go that if a monster can only be special summoned a certain way then it won't work in those other instances, so the monster won't be special summoned, but will be returned to the Deck.

Sorry for the late reply, was gone for so long cause of school (STILL AT SCHOOL ACTUALLY) and oh, I did miss out some cards..

Terror of the Ark- I actually see some similarities with this card and of Reptilliane Vashkii (IDK the spelling) but compared to Vashkii's this card does burn damage on its 2nd eff rather than destruction of opponent's cards..Hmmm, if this were to be a card. I'd like it to be that you can only control 1 "Terror of the Ark" on your field.

Clayark Invasion Virus- I have no probs with this card.

oh and also, I didn't comment on the 1st eff of it "They Live Among Us" cause I seem to got a liking on the 2nd. 

Thanks for the feedback. I could consider the change to Terror of the Ark after some testing. In my CCG that I run on another forum, I've found Invasion Virus and the 2nd They Live Among Us as sort of useless. It might just be against the decks that some of the other members use though, because they never sync or tribute their monsters for anything so I can't activate Invasion Virus and in result, no point in activating They Live Among Us unless I had Alana on the field, though I don't like to rely on 1 card for the effect. If I was going against a popular TCG deck, I don't think I would have that problem

I think I might change Invasion so that it can activate as long as an opponent's monster was sent to the grave except by battle, so I won't have to totally rely on my opponent to activate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived