valvrave.jpg

You know, I kinda expected there be a thread on this already...I mean, Valvrave man, Valvrave.

For those who don't know, Kakumeiki Valvrave is about not-quite-twilight-tier-gay immortal vampires in highschool piloting colorful suicidal mechs to fight a nazi-inspired nation. Said vampires can body-switch with others by biting them, and the main character is prone to his instincts taking over him. At the same time, Valvrave is also about a silver-haired soldier with seemingly prophet-like visions and he and the main character is a popular yaoi ship. Did I mention Nazis? It also has a concept rather similar to Gundam SEED, but has antics and shenanigans wilder than Code Geass(All 3 by the same studio Sunrise). We also have a weird, wacky love triangle between the main character, an attention-whore idol who likes green, and a daughter of a prime minister who becomes a prime minister of a new nation formed by high school students and is pulling so many death flags that she'll probably die soon.

Yes this series is weird. It will be a two-cours show(Meaning around 24-episodes), and the first half is currently airing while the second half will air in Fall 2013.

The opening song(A duet by T.M Revolution and Nana Mizuki) rocks, the two ending songs are great as well, and if not for the rather questionable plot twists that makes the writer seem so high that drugs will make him plain, I would vote this for best anime of Spring 2013, but because it does have said questionable plot twists that make the writer seems so high that drugs will make him plain, I won't vote this.

So...discuss?

So, let me get this straight.

Vampires. Piloting mecha. Fighting...Nazis.

...I may or may not be down with this.

However, the only thing I know about it is that the silver haired dude is shown with Ledo a whole bunch. :/

So, let me get this straight.

Vampires. Piloting mecha. Fighting...Nazis.

...I may or may not be down with this.

However, the only thing I know about it is that the silver haired dude is shown with Ledo a whole bunch. :/

Weeeeell, if we want to get really specific, its a nation totally based on Nazis, but they're more or less the same thing at this point. They have nice uniforms, a German catchphtase, and a leader with a boring haircut.

The silver haired dude(L-elf the prophet) and Ledo are pretty much the silvered-hair bishounens of the year or so. It's cool, trust me. First two episodes had me almost drop it, but it really pulls its twists afterwards.

I've been thinking of starting this series, but I've been busy with about 3 other unfinished anime and schoolwork, as somebody who's already watched it, is it worth failing a homework assignment or two to watch it?

Well, if you want to try this series out, really, don't just watch the first episode then stop. The brilliance doesn't come in until episode 3(In my opinion), so unless you have time to one-shot three episodes, rescue your homework from failing first.

Well, if you want to try this series out, really, don't just watch the first episode then stop. The brilliance doesn't come in until episode 3(In my opinion), so unless you have time to one-shot three episodes, rescue your homework from failing first.

I'm nowhere near failing lol, I just was wondering if it was worth taking a night out to watch it

• 3 months later...

Archived