Therrion

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards Due: 6/26/13
4. First to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 6/30/13 at 8 P.M. Central Time
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser

6. Writtens allowed

Requirements: Make a Fusion Monster that requires monsters of different attributes (and, ofcourse, make a suiting effect that holds aspects of both the required attributes).

Therrion's Card:

v2sa.jpg

1 LIGHT monster + 1 FIRE monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Destroy 1 monster on the field, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that card's ATK and gain Life Points equal to that card's DEF. When this card you control is destroyed: Add 1 of your banished monsters to your hand, then, if this card was destroyed by your card effect, draw 1 card.

Opponent's Card:

e6yg4y.jpg

1 FIRE monster + 1 EARTH monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either side of the field to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card is targeted by a card effect: You can banish 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard to negate the effect. Once per turn, if this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level or Rank x 300.

Well, to start, Therrion's card needs to be Fusion Summoned avec Polymerization without any other Fusion support, which immediately makes it rather situational and a little useless. It's a shame, because effect-wise it isn't too bad, but it will hardly set the metagame on fire (if you'll excuse the pun). I expect a created card to be ablaze with power (again with the fire puns. I'm getting rather 'emberted'), to actually do something interesting. Better summoning conditions would help, but a more powerful effect too would be needed to give the card more vim. Having two monsters with specific attributes is, in itself, rather situational. It's more difficult to plan for than a Synchro or Xyz Summon, so you had better make the product of your incricate play worth the while.

Plainview's card edges it, I am afraid, simply because it is easier to get out. It's not exactly brilliant, or even particularly good, but it is just simpler to summon than Therrion's effort. The 'targetting' protection effect isn't very useful as a lot of destructive Spells and Traps don't target (Dark Hole, for example) and the burn damage is a punny touch, but not really roaring with power either.

My vote goes to Plainview. Please excuse my puns.

Well, to start, Therrion's card needs to be Fusion Summoned avec Polymerization without any other Fusion support, which immediately makes it rather situational and a little useless. It's a shame, because effect-wise it isn't too bad, but it will hardly set the metagame on fire (if you'll excuse the pun). I expect a created card to be ablaze with power (again with the fire puns. I'm getting rather 'emberted'), to actually do something interesting. Better summoning conditions would help, but a more powerful effect too would be needed to give the card more vim. Having two monsters with specific attributes is, in itself, rather situational. It's more difficult to plan for than a Synchro or Xyz Summon, so you had better make the product of your incricate play worth the while.

Plainview's card edges it, I am afraid, simply because it is easier to get out. It's not exactly brilliant, or even particularly good, but it is just simpler to summon than Therrion's effort. The 'targetting' protection effect isn't very useful as a lot of destructive Spells and Traps don't target (Dark Hole, for example) and the burn damage is a punny touch, but not really roaring with power either.

My vote goes to Plainview. Please excuse my puns.

This is why people who are out of touch of the metagame shouldn't vote. Therrion's card can be Summoned via Polymerization, sure, but have you forgotten that Dragon's Mirror is a card? Not to mention that one of the most powerful decks in the metagame (Dragon Rulers) could Summon this card with Dragon's Mirror, if need be. Whether it be using Eclipse Wyvern as one of the materials (to grab either Light and Darkness Dragon, which isn't ran anymore in the deck, but that's a different story, or a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon) or just Effect Veiler as one of the materials, the card is good enough that it could be ran in the deck, given how it can kamikaze itself upon Summon with its effect and burn your opponent for 1300 and increase your LP by 2400, recycle a banished Dragon Ruler and draw a card since you destroyed it with a card effect that you own.

Plainview's card harder to Summon? Are you kidding me? You seriously are out of touch with the meta. This card has the same problem as Therrion's card, it can be ran in Dragon Rulers, and can be Summoned with great ease. Seriously, just get Blaster + Redox out and bam, you have the materials ready for this. Also, given how this can use your opponents monster(s) as materials, if your opponent dares to leave a EARTH or a FIRE out on the field, it's easy grabbings for you. Not to mention that you're talking about how "a lot of destructive Spells and Traps don't target", which is so wrong in this format. Dragon Rulers run Xyz Monsters that target with their effects, Spellbooks have effects that target, Evilswarms I do not know about too much, but I know that they run more stunnish cards that target. So no, Plainviews card isn't bad against todays metagame. What hinders it is the fact that it's only once per turn.

Also, fyi, nobody runs Dark Hole anymore in this format.

So yeah, I have to give my vote for Therrion. Mainly because it's actually harder to Summon than Plainview's card, given how Therrion's card forces you to run additional cards like Dragon's Mirror to actually get it out on the field, but pays off in the end for Summoning it.

So yeah, I have to give my vote for Therrion. Mainly because it's actually harder to Summon than Plainview's card, given how Therrion's card forces you to run additional cards like Dragon's Mirror to actually get it out on the field, but pays off in the end for Summoning it.

Thanks Zanda. 1-1. 

By the by, I'm pretty sure Alfred said that my card was easier to summon than Therrion's, not harder. 

I thought that it would be quite fun to side in your Extra deck against Dragon Rulers. It is also a Rekindling target, if that means anything at all.

Regardless, thank again.

Archived