unnerving abandoned space station cards

[spoiler='"backstory"']imagine that your a space traveler, and you come upon a space station, it seems abandoned on the outside so you land and check it out. When you get there, there are obivous signs of a struggle, the lighting is poor, and the sensors in your gear are of little comfort. So you start thinking things like

"is something still here?"
"waiting for me?"
"About to jump out of the shadows and attack me?"
this induces fear...[/spoiler]

here is your mood music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-xr5BcXIF0

[oops, it embeded itself...sorry!]

Unnerving Abandoned Space Station

Field Spell

You cannot synchro or xyz summon. Each of these effects can be used once per turn: 1) During your Battle Phase: special summon 1 DARK monster from your hand. Return that monster to your hand at the end of the Battle Phase. When you do: draw 1 card, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into the deck. 2) When your opponent declares an attack: special summon 1 DARK monster from your hand and if you do, switch the attack target to that monster. Monsters cannot be destroyed by that battle. Return that monster to your hand at the end of the Battle Phase. When you do: draw 1 card, then shuffle 1 card from your hand into the deck. 3) If this card would be destroyed by an effect, discard 1 card instead.

Fear of the Lurking Unknown

Continuous Trap

When an opponent’s monster attacks, halve its ATK during the damage step only. If you do not control a face-up “Unnerving Abandoned Space Station”: return this card to the owner’s hand. You cannot activate “Fear of the Lurking Unknown” during the turn this card returns to your hand this way.

Demoralizing Terror

Continuous Spell

If you do not control a face-up “Unnerving Abandoned Space Station”: destroy this card. Each of these effects can be used up to twice per turn: 1) When your opponent takes Battle Damage: place 1 terror counter on this card (max 5). When this card has 5 terror counters on it, you win the duel. 2) When you take Battle Damage: remove 1 terror counter from this card. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Star Beast

Level 8

DARK

Reptile/Effect

Your opponent cannot activate spell/trap cards while this card is attacking. Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: it can attack once more in a row.

- Note, Star beast's first effect is the same as the effect that most ancient gear monsters share, I just thought I'd make problem solving card text for it that helps clarify what happens if the attack stops somehow before the end of the damage step.

("star beast" was the original planned title for "Alien" BTW)

Sorry about the ocg errors.

Note: this is inspired by Jet Force Gemini, but not from its cannon.

Archived