King of the Skull Servants

Skullsworn is a really fun deck and this thing has the possibility to get so big so easily. It's no great shakes in the meta but it's a lot of fun to play.

Regular Servants are just as fun to play imo. Especially with GobZomb and Zombie Master and Mezuki. I was also thinking about a Rabbit build that ran Slacker Magician and/or Galaxy Queen.

I doubt it'll come out in Joey's World. It's originally a card from Lost Millenium iirc. A.K.A. GX era's first Set.

It could be, but I'd bet it won't.

This was always awesome when I was winning, but when my opponent managed to take it down, it was like a slippery slope because it'd always come back weaker and weaker from that point on. Then again, I was a really bad player back when I used it, and Lady of Wight was the last printed one to date, so who knows?

It also works wonders with "Where arf thou?" and "One for One". 

I think the Deck still needs a push though.

This card needs support badly and I hate running it with LightSworns, I mind as well be using a pure Lightsworn deck, but it's better than a king hybrid.

The Skull Servant itself seems to be in a lot of artwork. If konami ever decides to give him more support then I suggest they make cards that benefit from those cards like Tri-Wight. A Level 1 Xyz monster for example. He also needs faster ways of getting to the grave.

This card needs support badly

Wightmare and Lady boost King's ATK to respectable levels and do their fair share of protecting and reviving King on a pinch. This on top of their being Level 1 Zombies -- don't tell me you're too lazy to experiment on Skull Servant variations -- how best to deal with or the inevitable opening dead Wight hands, for instance?

A Level 1 Xyz monster for example. He also needs faster ways of getting to the grave.

Card Trooper -- Foolish Burial -- Lightsworns -- Grepher and Armageddon Knight -- dut dut dut --

Oh they have their good and bad points, but then it's you the player who's supposed to iron out the kinks -- or is it that you expect your share of alms too, despite the card pool providing you everything you want in terms of Skull Servant support and more?

Zombie support goes a long way with support for both the Wights and King. Pyramid Turtle and Goblin Zombie for searching, Zombie Master for discards and selective revival, Book of Moon and Mezuki for revival, etc. King's problem is it's a very conditional beatstick. Scary big if you sent enough of the Wights/Servant, but that's all it really is.

It's incredibly searchable through Turtle/Goblin Zombie/One for One and essentially has 6 Call of the Haunteds and 2 Monster Reborns. The only real issue is that you have to play the other Skull Servants which tend to be dead weight.

Wightmare and Lady boost King's ATK to respectable levels and do their fair share of protecting and reviving King on a pinch. This on top of their being Level 1 Zombies -- don't tell me you're too lazy to experiment on Skull Servant variations -- how best to deal with or the inevitable opening dead Wight hands, for instance?

Card Trooper -- Foolish Burial -- Lightsworns -- Grepher and Armageddon Knight -- dut dut dut --

Oh they have their good and bad points, but then it's you the player who's supposed to iron out the kinks -- or is it that you expect your share of alms too, despite the card pool providing you everything you want in terms of Skull Servant support and more?

I do use all those things. I 've been maining the deck since forever, but a pure lightsworn deck is still better than a Lightsworn/Skull Servant mix.

Zombie support goes a long way with support for both the Wights and King. Pyramid Turtle and Goblin Zombie for searching, Zombie Master for discards and selective revival, Book of Life and Mezuki for revival, etc. King's problem is it's a very conditional beatstick. Scary big if you sent enough of the Wights/Servant, but that's all it really is.

Yeah. On top of Level 1 support, which should at least give them more search options.

I think it'd be more ideal if they got a Level 1 vanilla partner that also worked with the archetype, although that's not gonna happen.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I have a serious question for the discussion on this card becuase I can't find any rulings pertaining to it...King of SS used with Deck devistation virus? is it possible if I just have 2 skull servants in the grave with him on the field giving him an original attack of 2000 to tribute for DDV?

Sorry to bump this but I have a serious question for the discussion on this card becuase I can't find any rulings pertaining to it...King of SS used with Deck devistation virus? is it possible if I just have 2 skull servants in the grave with him on the field giving him an original attack of 2000 to tribute for DDV?

Yes, you can use KotSS with DDV for that purpose.

Archived