YCM SOTW #7 - Blue

Night

Which signature do you think is the best?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which signature do you think is the best?

Hell, the kettle is steaming. Literally. An intoxicating cyan-leaning blue, with this almost abstract-ish velvety-looking steam. Broken up with blue-orange contrast, superb metallic highlights and general good composure.

Good work, [everybody knows who this is but i cant legally say]. Vote to the fourth.

Others are great too. I'd like to point out the third especially.

As a guy who likes his colors, the thing that garners my vote, as Rai already mentioned, is the orange that accentuates the blue theme in the painting. I quite like 6 for the same reason, but my vote goes to the kettle.

I almost feel as if this work isn't a traditional "sig" but that's a conversation for another time.

Had to scroll up and down several times to make my decision, but #1 has the most suitable feel for this week's theme. Not only does it feel like your underwater (which is a very soothing feeling), but "L'eau", french for "water", also sounds like "Blue", so it ties with the theme perfectly in more ways than one.

[spoiler='Thoughts:']I did like the kettle, but damn, that silver coloring on #1, just so entrancingly pretty. Also, french.
(Style and text probably means that it's Night's, but w/e.[/spoiler]

L'EAU = WATER   ;)

EDIT : Oh, ninja  :c

[spoiler=Thoughts:]I did like the kettle, but damn, that silver coloring on #1, just so entrancingly pretty. Also, french.
(Style and text probably means that it's Night's, but w/e.[/spoiler]

Actually, the text style is very describable. It is definitely not night's, but I am not going to tell you who did this one. It is very conceptual though, and I do love the atmos of it. That is why I voted for it.

I'm voting for 4. I adore the style, the colourings, and the textured quality; it's different and more classical than the other pieces. Number 1 is very nice, but I feel that there are too many elements within the composition. 2 is nice for its use of colour, and the general floaty feel. 

Good show all round, chaps.

Archived