Xyz Yami no Tenshi [Xyz Angel of Darkness in english] *redone* *rebalanced*

XyzYaminoTenshi_zpsda4b3776.jpg

Cannot be normal summoned/set. Must be special summoned by banishing 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster and 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your hand, field or graveyard, 1 of them cannot be from your graveyard. You can activate and resolve the effects of "Number C" and "CXYZ"  monsters regardless of how many life points you have and/or the names of the xyz materials attached those cards. Once per turn: you can target 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your graveyard; xyz summon 1 "Number C" or "CXYZ" xyz monster (from your extra deck) whose rank x2 is equal or less then the combined level of those targets and attach those targets to it as zyz materials. Once per turn if this card would be destroyed, you can discard 1 card instead.

[spoiler='old version(s)']

XyzYaminoTenshi_zps9ac7f377.jpg

Cannot be normal summoned/set. Must be special summoned by banishing 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster and 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your hand, field or graveyard, 1 of them cannot be from your graveyard. You can activate and resolve the effects of "Number C" monsters regardless of how many life points you have. Once per turn: you can target 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your graveyard; xyz summon 1 "Number" xyz monster (from your extra deck) whose rank x2 is equal or less then the combined level of those targets +1 and attach those targets to it as zyz materials. Once per turn if this card would be destroyed, you can discard 1 card instead.

[/spoiler]

*updated before the angry balance mob catches up to me*

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, this card's text is just too confusing for me to review. I will properly review your card if you explain these 2 things:

This text, I don't get it, you say 1 cannot be from the Graveyard, but you still mention the Graveyard as an option? That doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Must be special summoned by banishing 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster and 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your hand, field or graveyard, 1 of them cannot be from your graveyard

I just don't understand this at all. I think you need to redo this or at least explain what it means, because as it is, it is very confusing to me.

Once per turn: you can target 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your graveyard; xyz summon 1 "Number" xyz monster (from your extra deck) whose rank x2 is equal or less then the combined level of those targets +1 and attach those targets to it as zyz materials

Alright, this card's text is just too confusing for me to review. I will properly review your card if you explain these 2 things:

This text, I don't get it, you say 1 cannot be from the Graveyard, but you still mention the Graveyard as an option? That doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Must be special summoned by banishing 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster and 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your hand, field or graveyard, 1 of them cannot be from your graveyard

I just don't understand this at all. I think you need to redo this or at least explain what it means, because as it is, it is very confusing to me.

Once per turn: you can target 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your graveyard; xyz summon 1 "Number" xyz monster (from your extra deck) whose rank x2 is equal or less then the combined level of those targets +1 and attach those targets to it as zyz materials

1. The idea is that you can banish 1 of the 2 monsters from the hand/field only and 1 from the hand, field, or graveyard. In other words, they cannot both be banished from your graveyard. The reason why the text got complicated is that I didn't want to limit the player to having the graveyard as an option for only the LIGHT or only the DARK fairy.

2. First you add up the level of the targets, then add 1, That's the first equation. Then if you have a Number in your extra deck whose rank x 2 (Number 39: Utopia would have a value of 8 here, for example) is less then or equal to the value from the first equation, you can special summon it without meeting its material requirements and that summon is treated as an xyz summon. Simultaneous to its summon, that number gets the targets as xyz material.

I'm thinking of dropping the "+1" from that part however and maybe even changing the summoning effect to chaos numbers and CXYZ only. What do you think?

edit: I answered my own question

Archived