The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I can allow them to be zapped away, but first, it better be for a good reason, and second, I'm afraid you won't be able to re-enter the GCRP until we enter Arc IV due to your prolonged absence.

And yeah, as you can see from the title, we are still on the third arc. But the boss battle is almost over, so applications and stuff should be reopened in about a week or so.

Other than the obvious fact that I started having trouble keeping track of everything (was kind of relying on the map for that, and there wasn't really a proper one. :| ), There was school stuff and the like, not to mention all the other stuff that I'm usually up to.

As for in-story reasons I've been giving some thought on those as well in the past couple of days, but I'm unsure exactly how much of it I'm going to implement, partly because I intended on introducing two new characters along with reintroducing Clerano and Shadronus, and while technically it would just be the past and future versions of Shadronus (both of which are just regular dudes with a bunch of power, like most other characters in this rp), they would still occupy three physical character slots, which I'm pretty sure would be an issue.

(was kind of relying on the map for that, and there wasn't really a proper one. :neutral: )

<_<

>_>

My deepest apologies for that. Again, I must reiterate my hatred for spheres. Blame the spheres and their overly complicated stuff.

As for your characters, since I don't know anything about them, I can't really say much about that. Just try to resolve the issue on your own, maybe get rid of a character if you want the slots to fit, and that's all.

Well, my main concern is really that part of what I had planned for was Shadronus to face off against Protheus Maximus directly during the last battle. Other than that, helping with upgrades/buffs at some point, and possibly speaking with a few characters (One of them being Isamy), I don't think he would be doing too much, unless Arthuria decided he was going to be his replacement, which we all know isn't going to happen. lol

On the other hand, I can't really think of anything I want to do with Blaze. :/

Edit: So I think I've pretty much figured out what I am going to do. Blaze is going to be side-lined. I think his one main connection was the bond he and Kratos formed towards the beginning of Arc 3, and since Kratos is apparently (from what I heard) doomed to die, I'm not going to worry about continuing Blaze's involvement. Clerano will still be involved, with some slight modifications/additions to his profile/equipment/power set, courtesy of Shadronus. I'll come up with something for Blaze.

As to my other characters Merc, there's a potential plot device that I would like to speak with you about when you've the time, preferably outside the thread so that half the people here don't insist on chiming in with their thoughts, as I know they will from years of experience.

Would turning in my apps now and waiting be alright, or should I wait until the boss battle ends?

EDIT:

Y'know what, I'll leave them here, and dig them up when the time comes.

"Refer to me in such a manner again and I will not hesitate to show you exactly why I believe you are underutilizing your abilities."

Username: Draconus297

Name: "E"

Age: 14 standard years- time passes oddly in The Fortress, so specifics are uncertain

Appearance: The only constant to his appearance is his short stature (5'1", to be precise)- thanks to watching a very small clip of "X-Men", he may change appearance at will, though he prefers male forms. His preferred appearance is his original one- sandy, light brown hair, cut shoulder-length; vivid emerald eyes; absurd pallor; three narrow scars running from his left temple to the center of his forehead. He never seems to remove his black Kevlar jumpsuit, so it is an absolute mystery as to how he keeps his sanitized-clean lack of any odor whatsoever.

Origin: Sadly, "The Troop Agency" has apparently vanished off the face of the Internet- I'll try to track down a link later, but I make no promises. EDIT: There's my fanfic, but it uses his abilities as of Chapter 11- this version is based off of his abilities as of Chapter 20- now he can shapeshift! Link anyway: http://draconus297.deviantart.com/art/Familiar-First-Event-443420333

Bio: E is one of 26 Troops, human beings augmented with powerful abilities to help a man known only as "The Commander" achieve total control of Earth's governments. As his name implies, E was created fifth- yet, for some unknown reason, his genetics did not bond to the rapid-aging process all the Troops were subjected to. In layman's terms, he actually appears to be 14.

Like the other Troops, he was told to look to a young woman they were instructed to refer to as "Ms. Vasquez" as a parent and mentor, and he took well to her. She showed favoritism towards him, breaking several rules in order to bring the comparatively weak E up to par with the other Troops- showing him various films to give his visual mimicking ability something to mimic.

When X, V, and P found out what The Commander was planning, E was an essential part of the effort to evacuate all the Troops from the Fortress in the Sky. In the process, however, he (with U hidden in his shadow) was separated from the majority of people he knew.

Since then, he's been searching for Ms. Vasquez and the other Troops. Aside from a run-in with X, he hasn't had much luck.

Personality: Like the other early Troops, he doesn't have the firmest grasp on normality. While not as deluded as B, E does not understand many emotions- those he does know come from Ms. Vasquez and U, who have acted as his moral compasses.

While generally a two-faced flake who does as he pleases, E is staunchly defensive of U and has been known to face down the near-omnipotent Commander for the slightest hint towards Ms. Vasquez's whereabouts. U has even managed to convince E to stay committed to tasks he isn't find of by holding out the possibility of finding his only parental figure.

Faction: Divine (although he may switch sides at personal convenience)

Stolen Artifact: (I'm following canon as of Chapter 20, remember) AEGIS, a machine that takes any incoming force, triples it, and stamps on a "return to sender".

Powers/Equipment: While capable of shapeshifting, self-duplication, pyrokinesis, and "double-jumping", these are all sourced from E's primary ability- mimicking anything he sees. While this has obvious limits (wind, sonic, and void-based abilities come to mind), E is extremely creative and has used anything and everything in his power to take down any opponent he faces. For the most part, he's been successful.

To counter what E can't copy is U, who (thanks to X interfering) is now permanently in E's shadow- literally. U functions as limitless inventory space thanks to his bad brush with X, and (provided E can make his shadow overlap with someone else's) can move objects by moving their shadow, or relay their thoughts to E.

Besides E's Kevlar bodysuit and soft-soled military boots, all E really owns are his twin standard-issue hunting knives, which he has U keeping safe.

---------

"Consume . . ."

Name: Vorahk

Appearance: (this will be added in just a bit, technical difficulties)

Origin: http://bionicle.wikia.com/wiki/Vorahk

Bio: This ruthless, insatiable Rahkshi of Hunger may have been imprisoned in ice, but (as many farm workers would attest) you can't exactly stop a vicious bug with mere cold. After its escape, it stole and infected a Mask of Shielding, to bring its master a new servant- unaware that Makuta Teridax had already perished, and the wearer of its infected Kanohi would serve the newly-independent Vorahk.

Personality: (I'm theory crafting, so you'll have to work with me) Vorahk is brutish and dedicated to overcoming enemies through raw power, rather than attacking weak points like Porahk or mentally manipulating its foes like Turahk or Kurahk. Like all other Rahkshi, Vorahk cannot process the meaning of "mercy". Vorahk is nearly as mindless as the Rahi that made up Teridax's first attempt at conquering the surface, but has just enough intelligence to realize strengths and weaknesses of allies for combat strategy.

Faction: Divine

Stolen Artifact: An infected Mask of Shielding. While the mask can still technically provide the temporary invulnerability it's supposed to, the wearer would be bound to Vorahk as a mindless slave until some outside force either purifies or removes the mask.

Powers/Equipment: Like all Rahkshi, Vorahk is driven by an insectoid kraata, which infects everything it comes in contact with- however, this requires the vulnerable kraata to expose itself, which is a last resort at best.

Vorahk's Staff of Absorption drains away the physical strength and mental awareness of everyone it touches (and transfers it to Vorahk), save Vorahk itself- and as long as Vorahk holds it, Vorahk's body holds the same property.

Vorahk may fold its body inward to hover off the ground, and may travel at high speeds in this state- however, Vorahk may not engage in combat without unfolding first.

---------

"I'm sorry, but I cannot lose."

Name: Kamikirimusi

Appearance: (again I apologize)

Origin: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Kamikirimusi

Bio: After defeating Algol, the last oni felt compelled to protect her new family- this entailed hefting her mighty kanabo again in the defense of her home and family. Her new cause entailed gearing up for battle the moment things happened that Algol could not readily explain. After being assured her "brother" was fine by himself, Kamikirimusi joined the Counter Corps in an effort to preserve her newfound stable home.

Personality: Kamikirimusi is generally calm, following rules from reasonable authority without giving much thought as to why. While powerful and brutal in combat, she is generally apologetic about it- unusually for her kind, she does not enjoy violence and prefers solutions to be found outside combat.

Faction: The Counter Corps- she just wants this to be over so she can go home.

Artifact Stolen: Soul Edge (although it wasn't stolen, per se- Algol gave it to her in case she needed it)

Powers/Equipment: Her heavy, pine-and-iron kanabo; a set of prayer beads. Like all oni, Kamikirimusi has absurd physical strength [i've calculated this- Kamikirimusi never seems to exert herself, which means she's using 15% of her strength or less. One of her grapple attacks involves her using her kanabo to lift and slam another character. Ignoring wind resistance and centripetal force, Kamikirimusi is at the minimum capable of generating 57,920 pounds of force in one hand] and a resistance to everything short of magic and purified steel.

As to my other characters Merc, there's a potential plot device that I would like to speak with you about when you've the time, preferably outside the thread so that half the people here don't insist on chiming in with their thoughts, as I know they will from years of experience.

*shrug* Sure. Go ahead and PM me then.

Hello there.

This looks extremely interesting.

May I please be notified when this "Arc 4" is to begin,

Hopefully within the next two weeks.

So then, I guess posting your app now is fine, since I'm pretty sure there were those who did it for Arc 2.

It seems unfinished right now, but you know, I'd appreciate it if you did not remove the whole 'Name:', 'Biography:', and all the others since it's less confusing that way. Otherwise, the app appears cluttered and uncertain. You can look at previous applications (all listed on the first page) if you need an example~

Unfortunately, an Origin is required, so there needs to a link to basically anything that can serve as proof that this character existed. I tried searching for this Troop Agency thing but all I found was your DA page which occasionally mentions it. However, if you've ever made a fanfic with this Agent E person, then you can link to that.

Also what from I hear on your journal, E's pretty overpowered, so please try to balance that out, thank you.

Well, guys, we're almost near the climax of the Arc 3 Boss! I know that this battle has been a little confusing compared to the other one and I apologize for that, but since we're so close, GO! GO GO GO! UNLEASH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GAIZU!!!

Also since I'm incredibly late, here you go. The one and only status update for the current arc boss:

[spoiler=The (Approximate) Status of The Madara]

ザまだら

Idealistic Analysis of Infinite Tsukuyomi: 93%

Current Subjects:
Eria
Slifer
Arthur Ancyl
Ayame
Yomi

Zaraki Kenpachi
Yachiru

Total Essence: 95/1000

Total Energy: 70/1000

Physical Form: 93%

Has been reduced to less than 1/10th of power due to failed experimentations with its own abilities and sustained extra damage from the Galaxian Explosion, while the creation of the various Tenshi Zetsus has required extra energy to be sacrificed. Also, the Physical Form is almost at its peak, rendering the Madara more vulnerable to attack. 

However, once the Analysis is complete and the 'ultimate ideal' has been developed, Infinite Tsukuyomi will automatically be projected onto everyone, thus pulling them all into its perfect world immediately and ending the battle.

Final Hint:
"Remember to always control your own destiny. Otherwise, someone else is going to try for you."

Oh, but the last post is already reserved for someone else, remember that. I've already worked it out with another user~ ^_^

Next page, I expect Arc IV to be starting and apps to be reopened~

Any prisoner that was in the Vault has the capacity to leave if they got on the Aeon before it departed.

So if you want your character free, when the Aeon comes along, they can be mentioned to have gotten aboard.

And you don't have to sneak aboard. The Freelancers were helping to liberate the prisoners.

[spoiler=Status Update]Admiral_Stalfos19

Azumi / Riley - On break until Arc 4.

Sarah vs. Jecht - Currently battling each other, with "Sarah" having the advantage over Jecht, but she is currently at risk of being absorbed by the Madara.

BailasGale

Dorian / Radamanthys - Radamanthys is considering to enslave MirageGaogamon, but he, Dorian, and the other Specters are currently under attack by Zetsu Deutros, while Zetsu Aspros is attacking the Inch of Will.

Butlerok - Confronting Sayer.

Broke. N

Lydia - Currently in the Rejected World.

Frankram & Ivankov - Watched as Ophelia's Tower was destroyed by Sephiroth's Meteor. Hapshiel is probably wandering around somewhere.

Red - Glaring at Sayer.

Final Fantasy Revolution

Ivero - Summoned five Dark Suits during his battle against Sora, Kairi, Xion, Roxas, Kree'arra, and Odin.

Sephiroth - Confronting Nasu.

Odin - Rescued Kairi from Ivero.

Kingdom Xathers

Alexander, Alister, & Rachet vs. Sayer - Sayer is also being confronted by Butlerok, with Red observing.

M・HERO D-Ain

Kazuya - Currently in the Rejected World.

Tenshi - Tenshi killed most of her other selves, who became Zetsus, while Ran was killed by an attack from the Madara intended for Eria, becoming a Zetsu, and Chen was killed by a Zetsu, becoing a Zetsu as well. Tenshi then attacked the Madara.

Merciful Idiot

Arthuria - Arthuria's body has apparently been taken over by the entity within the Orb, and is on the opposite side of the Rejected World, speaking with Megiddo through a crystal. Protheus' current status is unknown.

The Madara - Three of the Four Madaras were unable to maintain their individual forms without the Key of Origin to sustain them, and so they spontaneously exploded. The last, original Madara solidified its form, scattered the terrain of the Rejected World to send everyone on floating platforms, and converted Aspros, Deutros, and countless versions of Tenshi into Zetsus. The Madara is currently analyzing Eria, Slifer, Arthur, Ayame, Yomi, Kenpachi, and Yachiru, but has been attacked by Jecht, Ayame, Chandra and her phoenixes, and Darcy, while "Sarah" is close enough to potentially be absorbed by the Madara.

Muten Roshi

Richard - Last seen receiving a pendant from Tsunugai.

Tsunugai - Attacked by the Third Madara, but was rescued by Kratos, and the was spared by the Third Madare spontaneously combusting.

Maxwell / Kurai - Last seen in the Inner Periphery, and were never actually specified to have made it into the Rejected World. Perhaps the Madara somehow did not save them?

Phantom Roxas

Arthur - Using a Drive with Fire. Obtained a new Keyblade, and is being analyzed by Madara.

MirageGaogamon - Used Final Mirage Burst, forcing him out of the Burst Mode. He's currently being observed by Radamanthys and Dorian, while Zetsu Deutros is about to attack.

Eria - Merged with Slifer to become Sliferia, while Gagagigo became Gagagigo the Risen. She has been attacked by the Madara, who is also analyzing her, while Lea, Lucario, and Totodile are nearby.

Sora - Sora, Kairi, Xion, Roxas, and Kree'arra are battling Ivero and his five Dark Suits with the help of Odin. Zilyana's location is currently unknown.

Shotaro D. Gar

Ed - Jumped from the Inch of Will to attack Zetsu Azpros.

Simdoggy

Ayame - With the help of Yuki, Ayame has finally broken free from the control of the Shadow Realm remnants, and attacked the Madara.

Darcy - Attacked a Zetsu, then the Madara.

Chandra - Summoned three Phoenixes and a Beacon of Destruction, engaging in a full-on assault against the Madara.

Tsuki ni Mau Majin: Ni

Kratos - Watched the Gemini Saints use Galaxian Explosion against the Madara.

Predaking - Spoke with Kokonoe, but was completely ignored. May need to do something else.

Kenpachi / Yachiru - In the Inch of Will's cargo bay, with Yachiru asleep. Kenpachi is currently talking with his Zanpakuto.

YRPOtaku169

Izumi - Sacrificed herself to protect the people on the Inch of Will, becoming a Zetsu in the process. At Yuki's request, she has sent the 28,561 souls of the Kouaijou to the Madara.

Yuki - Managed to free Ayame from the remnants of the Shadow Realm, and is currently trying to save Izumi from having become a Zetsu. Currently carrying Otto's phylactery in her pocket.

Foster - On the Inch of Will.

Otto - Sacrificed himself to create a shield to protect the Inch of Will from the Madara and the Zetsus. However, his phylactery is currently being protected by Yuki.

NPC: And With Strange Aeons - Freed from Isamy's spell preventing their technology from working, and rescued the survivors of the Mad Blood, as well as many artifacts. Currently in transit to the Rejected World.

Inactive Players

encapturer - Last active on February 6th.

- Necra - Status unknown, but could have been incinerated on the surface of the Sphere Forest.

- Sharon - Status unknown, but could have been incinerated on the surface of the Sphere Forest.

Neph

- Cerebrum - Status unknown, and is too overpowered to have died of asphyxiation in the Sphere Forest.

Torma Ximnus - Player added back with the claim of being active during Arc 4.

- Clerano - Status unknown, but while he could have been incinerated on the surface of the Sphere Forest, he may return during Arc 4.

- Blaze - Status unknown, but could have been incinerated on the surface of the Sphere Forest.

- Shadronus - Supposedly lost interest in the Origin War, but may return during Arc 4.

Since we are currently on what Merciful intends to be the last page of Arc 3, this should hopefully be the last status update of Arc 3 as well. encapturer and Neph are both inactive, while Satsui no Hadou's character have been added back in

So umm, yeah. The truth is, the roleplay ends here. Infinite Tsukuyomi has been activated and the Madara has won gaiz. It's over. Just face it, it's over, and there's NOTHHHIINNGGG you can do about it. Nothing. Nu-uh, nothing at all.

Plot twist sudden ending, just like that, boom.

This was the plan. Get used to it. You can pack your character apps and go now~

Nothing new to see here~

So umm, yeah. The truth is, the roleplay ends here. Infinite Tsukuyomi has been activated and the Madara has won gaiz. It's over. Just face it, it's over, and there's NOTHHHIINNGGG you can do about it. Nothing. Nu-uh, nothing at all.

Plot twist sudden ending, just like that, boom.

This was the plan. Get used to it. You can pack your character apps and go now~

Nothing new to see here~

Oh.

You MUST be joking. You're seriously going to leave things with THIS kind of ending?

Dude, I am definitely 100% sure that this is not how you are going to leave things. It's just too much of a dick move.

Have some faith, Ximnus~ You say that you're 100% sure, but you're also acting so serious that it's like you're taking it seriously~

That aside, we're all doomed to be in Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Sorreh.

Archived