The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

Hopefully this doesn't violate forum rules, but I just wanted to say that it's really cool that this has been going on for so long. It's huge undertaking and I'm impressed that it is what it is. I've always seen it over the years and occasionally checked the IC thread to see what's going on. That's all, carry on ^^;

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First status update of the year!

[spoiler=Status Update]1. Pathway to Remembrance - [The Pathway will soon collapse]
Arthur & MachGaogamon - Crossing over the lake. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Eria - Facing her alternate self. Gagagigo is incapacitated. Slifer and Ra were killed in battle against The Twilight One. In His death throes, Slifer called on the spirits of Obelisk and Ra, as well as Wynn, Hiita, and Aussa to summon Horakhty, the Creator God of Light, to deliver a devastating attack against the Twilight One. The results of the god battle are unknown. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Protheus - Fighting Sora and Kairi. The summoned Eria is fighting the Eria of the Counter Corps. The Twilight One slew Slifer and Ra, and began to swarm Horakhty, the Creator God of Light. The results of the god battle are unknown. (Merciful Idiot) |RTD|
Sora & Kairi - Combined into a joint Master Form, battling Protheus. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|

2. Prologuous
Chardonnay - Entered Prologuous. (Merciful Idiot)

3. The Hallway of Origin
Ed / Elsa / Gon - Last seen attacking the Pendragon. Has not reacted to Arturia's demise or left the Hallway. (Gαy) [inactive]
Killua - Last seen reuniting with Gon. Has not left the Hallway. (Hi I’m Dad) [inactive]

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
Isamy Maximus - Occupying the entirety of D4. Butlerok, Lydia, and Chandra are all bound to her. She is curling herself up as if she was trying to sleep. (Merciful Idiot)
Alexander - Entered Alister’s Soul Room, while Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are guarding the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2, where several of his comrades have entered his Soul Room to rescue him. (Kingdom Xathers)
Apep - Fighting Rhadamanthys and the Short-Haired Tenshi within Ragnarok’s cage at C4. Charged at the Short-Haired Tenshi. (Simdoggy)
Atsuko - Following Bayonetta and Jeanne from E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bayonetta - Bayonetta and Jeanne are fighting the memory golems. Location undetermined. Gabriel is guarding the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bel - Approached one of the black towers. Location undetermined. (Nai)
Butlerok - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Ragnarok trapped Apep with Rhadamanthys and Tenshi in a cage at C4. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Chained to Hollow Isamy at D4, protecting her. Retracting Senbonzakura, attempting to reform his Zanpakuto within Dorian’s abdomen. (Hi I’m Dad)
Chandra - Trapped inside Hollow Isamy at D4. All of her summons have vanished. (Simdoggy)
Darcy - Teleported to Avalon to evade Hollow Isamy’s attack. Hiding invisible atop the tower at E6 to recover, and giving Satori time to prepare an attack against Metarchus. (Simdoggy)
Dorian - Battling Byakuya atop Hollow Isamy at D4. (Love of Ghibli)
Gemini - Appeared beside Darcy at E6, warning that shattering Metarchus’s mind may have different result than expected. (Tesability Black)
Hapshiel - Detained by Metarchus at D7. (Broke. N)
Kenpachi - Detained by Metarchus at D7. (Hi I’m Dad)
Koishi - A Yukari construct has turned Koishi inside out at F6. (Nai)
Kratos - Prepared to battle Metarchus at D7, but the Herald has fled. (Hi I’m Dad)
Kyros - Active within the forest. Location undetermined. (Kingdom Xathers)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Lydia is but an empty shell now, while Hopeless Black has reached out to Butlerok, seeking out souls. (Broke. N)
Metarchus - Bound Kenpachi and Hapshiel to circles of detainment, and then fled the tower. Location undetermined. (Tesability Black)
Neos - Seeing that Metarchus is sharing his spark with Hollow Isamy, Neos pulled on the multi-colored Spark. (Tesability Black)
Nero - Fighting memory golems of Master Hao, Ryuusaki, and Oswald, as well as a duplicate of himself. Teleported to a duplicate of the Forgotten Forest by Metarchus. (Chaos Sonic)
Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank entered Alister’s Soul Room from the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Red - Entered Alister’s Soul Room from the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Reimu - Her left side has been severely damaged. Attacked Hollow Isamy’s prisons, hoping to free the people who were trapped. Location undetermined. (Nai)
Revy - Prepared to battle Metarchus at D7, but the Herald has fled. (Hi I’m Dad)
Rhadamanthys - Fighting Apep in Ragnarok’s cage alongside the Short-Haired Tenshi at C4, taunting the demon. (Love of Ghibli)
Satori - Staying in contact with Darcy at E5. No longer able to detect Koishi, Satori is focusing on Metarchus. (Nai)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Working with Rhadamanthys to fight Apep within Ragnarok’s cage at C4. Fired Keystones at Apep. (Nai)
Yachiru - Prepared to battle Metarchus at D7, but the Herald has fled. (Hi I’m Dad)
Yukari - Destroying memory golems with ease. Location undetermined. (Nai)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going to be sticking with dividing the final boss battle into the individual sub-fights. If I missed a character, or if you disagree with the category they are under, feel free to make a correction.

[spoiler=Status Update]1. Pathway to Remembrance - [The Pathway will soon collapse]
Arthur & MachGaogamon - Crossing over the lake. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Eria - Facing her alternate self. Gagagigo is incapacitated. Horakhty battled the Twilight One, but what happened next is unknown. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Protheus - Fighting Sora and Kairi. Void Eria is fighting the Eria of the Counter Corps. The Twilight One battled Horakhty, but what happened next is unknown. (Merciful Idiot) |RTD|
Sora & Kairi - Separated from their Drive, and are fighting Protheus. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin
Ed / Elsa / Gon - Last seen attacking the Pendragon. Has not reacted to Arturia's demise or left the Hallway. (Gαy) [Possibly withdrawn]
Killua - Last seen reuniting with Gon. Has not left the Hallway. (Hi I’m Dad) [inactive]

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
5A. Main Battle - Hollow Isamy
Isamy Maximus - Occupying the entirety of D4. Butlerok, Lydia, and Chandra are all bound to her. She is curling herself up as if she was trying to sleep. (Merciful Idiot)
Butler - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Gyokuen and Hades are listening to Hopeless Black’s plan. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Chained to Hollow Isamy at D4, protecting her. Impaled Dorian with Senbonzakura. (Hi I’m Dad)
Chandra - Trapped inside Hollow Isamy at D4. All of her summons have vanished. (Simdoggy)
Dorian - Blasted Byakuya in the face. Fighting atop Hollow Isamy at D4. (Love of Ghibli)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Lydia is but an empty shell now, while Hopeless Black has reached out to Butlerok, seeking out souls. (Broke. N)

Neos - Seeing that Metarchus is sharing his spark with Hollow Isamy, Neos pulled on the multi-colored Spark. Standing on the ice near Isamy. Received a communication from Satori. (Tesability Black)
Reimu - Shifting her Fantasy Seal past Hollow Isamy’s defense to attack the prisons. Location undetermined. (Nai)

5B. Apep
Apep - Restrained by the Short-Haired Tenshi and attack by Rhadamanthys at C4. (Simdoggy)
Ragnarok - Trapped Apep with Rhadamanthys and Tenshi in a cage at C4. (Love of Ghibli)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Fighting Apep in Ragnarok’s cage alongside the Rhadamanthys at C4. Recovered from Apep’s attack, and restrained her with Keystones, throwing the Herald directly into the line of Rhadamanthys’ attack. Nanashi is trapped within her own making, but has begun to reconcile her own existence. (Nai)

5C. Metarchus
Darcy - Hiding invisible atop the tower at E6 to recover, and giving Satori time to prepare an attack against Metarchus. (Simdoggy)
Gemini - Appeared beside Darcy at E6, warning that shattering Metarchus’s mind may have a different result than expected. (Tesability Black)
Hapshiel - Detained by Metarchus at D7. (Broke. N)
Kenpachi - Detained by Metarchus at D7, but is making snow angels with Yachiru to pass the time. (Hi I’m Dad)
Metarchus - Bound Kenpachi and Hapshiel to circles of detainment, and then fled the tower. Location undetermined. (Tesability Black)
Satori - Staying in contact with Darcy at E5, and focusing on Metarchus. Opened up to Neos, asking about the Planeswalker Spark. (Nai)
Yachiru - Making snow angels with Kenpachi at D7. (Hi I’m Dad)

5D. The Heralded Eldrazi - [summoned by Metarchus]
Alexander - Entered Alister’s Soul Room, while Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are guarding the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2, where several of his comrades have entered his Soul Room to rescue him. (Kingdom Xathers)
Atsuko - Following Bayonetta and Jeanne from E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bayonetta - Bayonetta and Jeanne are fighting the memory golems. Location undetermined. Gabriel is guarding the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Heralded Eldrazi - Approaching the tower at E2, focusing on Mr. Zurkon. (Tesability Black)
Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank entered Alister’s Soul Room from the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Red - Entered Alister’s Soul Room from the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)

5E. Miscellaneous - [For characters who are not concentrating on the major fights]
Koishi - A Yukari construct has turned Koishi inside out at F6. (Nai)
Kratos - Standing back at D7 as Hollow Isamy rests. (Hi I’m Dad)
Nero - Fighting memory golems of Master Hao, Ryuusaki, and Oswald, as well as a duplicate of himself. Teleported to a duplicate of the Forgotten Forest by Metarchus. (Chaos Sonic)
Revy - Standing back at D7 as Hollow Isamy rests. (Hi I’m Dad)
Yukari - Fighting memory golems. Location undetermined. (Nai)

• 2 weeks later...

Things are a little slow right now, so here's a new status update. Hopefully it may add a boost in activity.

[spoiler=Status Update]1. Pathway to Remembrance - C8 - [The Pathway will soon collapse]
Arthur & Kairi - Supporting Eria against the Twilight One. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Eria - Merged with her counterpart to become Ragnarok, and battling the Twilight One. Gagagigo is incapacitated. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
MirageGaogamon & Sora - Stalling Protheus while Arthur and Kairi support Eria. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Protheus - Fighting MirageGaogamon and Sora. Void Eria merge with Eria of the Counter Corps to become Ragnarok, which is battling the Twilight One. (Merciful Idiot) |RTD|

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin
Ed / Elsa / Gon - Last seen attacking the Pendragon. Has not reacted to Arturia's demise or left the Hallway. (Gαy) [Possibly withdrawn]

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
5A. Main Battle: Hollow Isamy - Location: D4
Butler - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Gyokuen and Hades have been transformed into LERNA’s Familiars. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Chained to Hollow Isamy at D4, protecting her. Impaled Dorian with Senbonzakura. (Hi I’m Dad)
Dorian - Blasted Byakuya in the face. Fighting atop Hollow Isamy at D4. (Love of Ghibli)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy at D4. Lydia is but an empty shell now, while Hopeless Black - or rather, LERNA - has transformed Hades and Gyokuen into Familiars, commanding them to free Butler and Lydia. (Broke. N)
Neos - Seeing that Metarchus is sharing his spark with Hollow Isamy, Neos pulled on the multi-colored Spark. Contacted by Satori. (Tesability Black)
Reimu - Shifting her Fantasy Seal past Hollow Isamy’s defense to attack the prisons. Location undetermined. (Nai)

5B. Apep - Location: C4
Apep - Recovering from her opponents’ attacks, Apep sent the two black dragons after the Short-Haired Tenshi, and shot lightning at Rhadamanthys. (Simdoggy)
Ragnarok - Trapped Apep with Rhadamanthys and Tenshi in a cage. (Love of Ghibli)
Rhadamanthys - Blasted Apep. (Love of Ghibli)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Threw Apep directly into the line of Rhadamanthys’ attack. Nanashi is trapped within her own mind, but has begun to reconcile her own existence. (Nai)

5C. Metarchus
Darcy - Flying above the tower at B5 to recover, prepare spells to attack Metarchus. (Simdoggy)
Gemini - Appeared beside Darcy at E6, warning that shattering Metarchus’s mind may have a different result than expected. (Tesability Black)
Hapshiel - Detained by Metarchus at D7, but pleasuring himself in the meantime. (Broke. N)
Kenpachi - Detained by Metarchus at D7, but is making snow angels with Yachiru to pass the time. (Hi I’m Dad)
Satori - Staying in contact with Darcy at E5, and focusing on Metarchus. Opened up to Neos, asking about the Planeswalker Spark. (Nai)

Alexander - Supporting the team in the battle against Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2. Within his Soul Room, several of his Altisters have appeared, and one of them, Gaius, is battling Alexander, Ratchet, Red, and their allies. (Kingdom Xathers)
Atsuko - Sitting in one of Caledfwlch’s sidecars and heading through F2 with Bayonetta. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2. Jeanne and Gabriel are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2, with Gabriel forcing the Heralded Eldrazi to only attack Marshmallon. (Kingdom Xathers)
Heralded Eldrazi - Assaulting the tower at E2, but can only attack Marshmallon, which is equipped with Ring of Magnetism. (Tesability Black)
Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank are battling Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. (Kingdom Xathers)
Red - Battling Gaius’ Troys within Alister’s Soul Rom. (Kingdom Xathers)

5E. Miscellaneous - [For characters who are not concentrating on the major fights]
Koishi - A Yukari construct turned Koishi inside out at F6. (Nai)

EDIT: Our main issue right now is that a lot of interactions are still tangled up. For example, one character might not be able to progress because they are waiting on another character, who is in turn waiting on a third character. As such, I'm going to speak to everyone directly to say which interactions need to be addressed.

1. @@Reinforce is all caught up on his posts. Apep attacked Rhada and Tenshi, and Darcy is waiting for Satori, who is in turn waiting for Neos. Chandra is trapped, which is going to require someone else to step in.

2. @@Kingdom Xathers is going at his own pace, and his characters are just fighting the Heralded Eldrazi. Because that's fairly isolated, I wouldn't worry.

3. @ is still busy, and since Nero was sent into his own fight anyone, what he's doing is more for his own sake. So I don't think he's holding up anyone.

4. @ - Hapshiel was detained by Metarchus, and LERNA just gave a command to Gyokuen and Hades, so there is no need to post.

5. @@Love of Ghibli is waiting for Byakuya to react to Dorian's latest attack. Otherwise, the last two posts are good opportunities, since Rhadamanthys could respond to Apep, and Butler's souls can follow LERNA's command.

6. @@Tesability Black - Please at least post with Gemini and Metarchus, because that fight is at a stalemate right now. Neos must also respond to Satori.

7. @@Dad - Isamy's been attacked by Reimu, and as I just mentioned, Neos is pulling on the spark, which is going to affect Isamy. They may not necessarily need a reaction, considering Isamy's current dormant state, but some acknowledge of what Reimu and Neos are doing would be appreciated. Dorian just blasted Byakuya in the face, so it's not clear how that's affected Byakuya. Kenpachi, Yachiru, Kratos, and Revy all seem to be on standby, so there's no real rush to post with any of them yet.

8. @ - I think there's enough going on with Tenshi to warrant a post, since Short-Hair could respond to Apep, and Nanashi is still stuck in her mind. Satori should respond to Darcy, but Satori herself is in turn waiting on Neos, which is where the tangled web of interactions is. There's no need to post with Reimu, who is still waiting to see how the attack damaged Isamy. Kazuya should move, though.

Additionally, due to the length of my collaborations @, Merciful has suggested to keep our posts hidden under spoilers for the foreseeable future, as they may be disruptive to the final boss battle. I would not want people to scroll through the collaborations and then miss anyone else's posts.

Hopefully, this status update should clean things up immensely.

There's only been two posts since the last status update, but given how Dad's post is important to the final boss battle, I'll post a new status update now.

[spoiler=Status Update]1. Pathway to Remembrance - C8 - [The Pathway will soon collapse]
Arthur & Kairi - Supporting Eria against the Twilight One. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Eria - Merged with her counterpart to become Ragnarok, and battling the Twilight One. Gagagigo is incapacitated. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
MirageGaogamon & Sora - Stalling Protheus while Arthur and Kairi support Eria. (Phantom Roxas) |RTD|
Protheus - Fighting MirageGaogamon and Sora. Void Eria merge with Eria of the Counter Corps to become Ragnarok, which is battling the Twilight One. (Merciful Idiot) |RTD|

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
5A. Main Battle: Hollow Isamy - Location: D4
Isamy Maximus - Occupying the entirety of D4. Lydia and Chandra are still bound to her, but Butlerok has been freed. Isamy has curled herself up as if she were asleep. (Merciful Idiot)
Butler - Freed from Hollow Isamy’s prison. Gyokuen and Hades have been transformed into LERNA’s Familiars. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Chained to Hollow Isamy, protecting her. Much of his face has been blown off by Dorian. In response, Byakuya activated his Bankai - Senbonzakura Kageyoshi - and scattered the once frozen lake. (Hi I’m Dad)
Chandra - Trapped inside Hollow Isamy. All of her summons have vanished. (Simdoggy)
Dorian - Fighting atop Hollow Isamy, blasting Byakuya in the face. (Love of Ghibli)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy. Lydia is but an empty shell now, while Hopeless Black - or rather, LERNA - has transformed Hades and Gyokuen into Familiars, commanding them to free Butler and Lydia. (Broke. N)
Neos - Seeing that Metarchus is sharing his spark with Hollow Isamy, Neos pulled on the multi-colored Spark. Contacted by Satori. (Tesability Black)
Reimu - Shifting her Fantasy Seal past Hollow Isamy’s defense to attack the prisons, freeing Butlerok. (Nai)

Apep - Recovering from her opponents’ attacks, Apep sent the two black dragons after the Short-Haired Tenshi, and shot lightning at Rhadamanthys. (Simdoggy)
Ragnarok - Trapped Apep with Rhadamanthys and Tenshi in a cage. Used Mad Blood to ensnare Apep in the hopes of trapping her to take the brunt of Rhadamanthys and Tenshi’s attacks. (Love of Ghibli)
Rhadamanthys - Dodged Apep’s lightning, and fired more energy beams to pierce her from both sides. (Love of Ghibli)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Threw Apep directly into the line of Rhadamanthys’ attack. Nanashi is trapped within her own mind, but has begun to reconcile her own existence. (Nai)

5C. Metarchus
Darcy - Flying above the tower at B5 to recover, prepare spells to attack Metarchus. (Simdoggy)
Hapshiel - Detained by Metarchus at D7, but pleasuring himself in the meantime. (Broke. N)

Alexander - Supporting the team in the battle against Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2. Within his Soul Room, several of his Altisters have appeared, and one of them, Gaius, is battling Alexander, Ratchet, Red, and their allies. (Kingdom Xathers)
Atsuko - Sitting in one of Caledfwlch’s sidecars and heading through F2 with Bayonetta. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2. Jeanne and Gabriel are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2, with Gabriel forcing the Heralded Eldrazi to only attack Marshmallon. (Kingdom Xathers)
Heralded Eldrazi - Assaulting the tower at E2, but can only attack Marshmallon, which is equipped with Ring of Magnetism. (Tesability Black)
Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank are battling Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. (Kingdom Xathers)

Not really a status update yet, but I do want to follow up on the list of interactions.

1. @@Reinforce is still fine with Darcy and Chandra. Apep has been attacked by Rhadamanthys, but I think it's fine to wait for Tenshi to attack as well. There's no need to post.

2-3. @@Kingdom Xathers and @ are both keeping their own pace, so there is no need to post.

4. @ could post with LERNA, but there's no need to post with Hapshiel.

5. @@Love of Ghibli has posted with all of his characters, so there is no need to post.

6. @@Tesability Black is in the process of making a post.

7. @@Dad - I think Dorian is the only one fighting Byakuya, so the latest post could merit a response from Byakuya, but everyone else could also still post as well. There's a potential to post, but no major need for one.

8. @ is currently dealing with laptop issues.

So far it seems that Tesability and Nai are the ones who most need to post so the final battle can progress.

Since @@Tesability Black has posted, now is a good time to post the next status update.

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
5A. Main Battle: Hollow Isamy
Isamy Maximus - Propelled to D5 when Byakuya activated his Bankai. Lydia and Chandra are still bound to her, but Butlerok has been freed. Isamy has curled herself up as if she were asleep. Empowered by the Souls of the Eldrazi’s Collective Blessing. (Merciful Idiot)
Butler - Free from Hollow Isamy’s prison, but attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi.. A manifestation of himself has shot down Genryuusai, and approached Gyokuen and Hades. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Chained to Hollow Isamy, protecting her. Scattered the lake with his Bankai. Empowered by the Souls of the Eldrazi’s Collective Blessing. (Hi I’m Dad)
Chandra - Trapped inside Hollow Isamy. All of her summons have vanished. (Simdoggy)
Dorian - Donning his full surplice, Dorian has summoned a gargantuan sword of pure flame, sending it to strike down both Byakuya and Isamy. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Love of Ghibli)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy. Lydia is but an empty shell now, while Hopeless Black - or rather, LERNA - has transformed Hades and Gyokuen into Familiars, commanding them to free Butler and Lydia. (Broke. N)
Neos - Explained the nature of the Planeswalker Spark to Satori. With the frozen lake now in fragments, Neos transformed into Pidgeot, flying towards Byakuya and Hollow Isamy at D5. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Tesability Black)
Reimu - Keeping her distance from the main fight, and focusing on studying Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. Location undetermined. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Nai)

Apep - Recovering from her opponents’ attacks, Apep sent the two black dragons after the Short-Haired Tenshi, and shot lightning at Rhadamanthys. Empowered by the Souls of the Eldrazi’s Collective Blessing. (Simdoggy)
Ragnarok - Trapped Apep with Rhadamanthys and Tenshi in a cage. Used Mad Blood to ensnare Apep in the hopes of trapping her to take the brunt of Rhadamanthys and Tenshi’s attacks. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi, who may try to break through the cage to swarm Rhadamanthys and Tenshi. (Love of Ghibli)
Rhadamanthys - Dodged Apep’s lightning, and fired more energy beams to pierce her from both sides. (Love of Ghibli)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Draining from the temperaments all across the battlefield and the Souls of the Faultless to fuel her attack, blasting Apep with Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. Nanashi is seducing the “real” Tenshi within their shared mind. (Nai)

5C. Metarchus and the Heralded Eldrazi - Location: The Tower at E2
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2. Within his Soul Room, several of his Altisters have appeared, and one of them, Gaius, is battling Alexander, Ratchet, Red, and their allies. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Atsuko - Sitting in one of Caledfwlch’s sidecars and heading through F2 with Bayonetta. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Darcy - Flying above the tower at B5 to recover, preparing spells to attack Metarchus. Temporarily imprisoned by Metarchus, but is now free. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Simdoggy)
Gabriel - Forced the Heralded Eldrazi to only attack Marshmallon, but the Omnibian negated Marshmallon’s effect, allowing the Heralded Eldrazi to destroy Marshmallon. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Gemini - Appeared high above Darcy’s location, telepathically informing her that Metarchus is now visible, but fighting alongside the Heralded Eldrazi. Currently considering options to tilt the tide of the battle. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Tesability Black)
Hapshiel - Pleasured himself during his imprisonment, but is now free after Metarchus fled. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Broke. N)
Heralded Eldrazi - With Marshmallon’s effect negated by the Omnibian, the Heralded Eldrazi was able to destroy Marshmallon. With that distraction out of the way, the Heralded Eldrazi is focusing on Madama Styx, looking to feed. (Tesability Black)
Jeanne - Fighting the Herald Eldrazi with Madama Styx at E2. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Kenpachi - Making snow angels with Yachiru to pass the time. Free from his prison after Metarchus fled. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Hi I’m Dad)
Metarchus - Temporarily imprisoned Darcy just long enough to flee and aid the Heralded Eldrazi. With Metarchus far enough away, all who were imprisoned were freed. Summoned an Omnibian. Cast Collective Blessing through the Souls of the Eldrazi to empower the Heralded Eldrazi, Apep, Hollow Isamy, Byakuya, and the Souls themselves. Currently standing atop the Heralded Eldrazi’s shoulder at E2. (Tesability Black)
Omnibian - Summoned by Metarchus. Transformed Marshmallon into a fake frog and negated its effect. (Tesability Black)
Satori - Staying in contact with Darcy at B5, and focusing on Metarchus. Asked Neos about the Planeswalker Spark. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Nai)
The Souls of the Eldrazi - Attacking everyone who is not aligned with Isamy. Every character should be attacked by at least three or more Souls. (Tesability Black)
Yachiru - Making snow angels with Kenpachi at D7. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Hi I’m Dad)

5D. Miscellaneous - [For characters who are not concentrating on the major fights]
Bel - Preparing a summon atop the tower at G4. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Nai)
Kratos - Standing back at D7 as Hollow Isamy rests. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Hi I’m Dad)
Kyros - Active within the forest. Location undetermined. Possibly attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi, if they can find him. (Kingdom Xathers)
Revy - Standing back at D7 as Hollow Isamy rests. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Hi I’m Dad)
Yukari - Fighting memory golems. Location undetermined. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Nai)

With Metarchus working alongside the Heralded Eldrazi, I've combined both of those fights into one section. Metarchus has also directed the Souls of the Eldrazi to attack everyone, so I've added that note to the majority of characters. I've made some exceptions where possible, but generally, everyone should at least acknowledge that their characters are being attacked by at least three of the Eldrazi. The battle against Apep is a little different, and is going off of my own assumption here, but I would say that the Eldrazi are trying to break through Ragnarok's cage before they could get to Tenshi and Rhadamanthys.

I think I'm going to make the mentions a regular thing now. While the status updates are already comprehensive, I think having two formats will help.

1. @@Reinforce - Chandra is still imprisoned by Isamy, so someone should probably help her. Darcy is waiting on Satori, but did get a message from Gemini, and could be under attack by the Souls of the Eldrazi. Apep has been attacked by both Rhadamanthys and Tenshi, and now is the time for Apep to fight back, especially now that she has been buffed by Metarchus.

2. @@Kingdom Xathers is busy for now. His main battles are focused on the majority of his characters trying to protect Alister, but his still in the tower, so Umbris and Gabriel may need to protect Alister from the Souls. Madama Styx is fighting the Heralded Eldrazi, and some of the Souls are presumably reinforcing the Herald, attacking both Jeanne and Madama Styx. And Bayonetta and Atsuko are still running somewhere else, where they might be attacked by the Souls.

3. @ is keeping to his own pace, though I should warn that, once the next page begins, Nero will be considered inactive. Since he's in an alternate dimension, he's probably safe from the Souls of the Eldrazi.

4. @ could post with LERNA, and Hapshiel is now free, though likely to be attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi.

5. @@Love of Ghibli has posted with all of his characters. Dorian and Rhadamanthys have attacked, though it's possible to continue posting with Butlerok. Dorian and Butlerok would both be flanked by the Souls of the Eldrazi, but Rhadamanthys would be safe, as the Souls would first need to get through Ragnarok's cage.

6. @@Tesability Black has just posted with all of her characters. Though ironically, Gemini and Neos might both be under attack by the Souls of the Eldrazi.

7. @ has posted with Tenshi (Both of them), and is currently waiting for a response for Apep. Kazuya and Reimu are both staying to the sidelines for the moment, but could be attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. Satori has received a response from Neos, and it is now up to her to respond to Darcy to continue their plans against Metarchus.

8. @@Dad - Byakuya has been attacked by Dorian, and Byakuya needs to respond, especially since now Byakuya and Isamy have both been buffed by Metarchus. Kenpachi is free from his prison, so he and Yachiru can be active again. Kenpachi, Yachiru, Kratos, and Revy could all be under attack by the Souls of the Eldrazi.

Okay, it looks like some of the most tangled interactions have been tidied up right now.

1. @@Reinforce - Darcy and Satori and both going on the offensive against Metarchus. Apep suffered heavy damage from Tenshi's attack, so I personally wonder if she may be on her last legs. No need for Sim to post, since he's brought on two significant changes to the fight.

2. @@Kingdom Xathers might need to post soon when he has the chance. Metarchus is gathering all of his forces, so Team Lombax may need to defeat Gaius and save Alister soon rather than later.

3. @ also might want to post. When the next page begins, Nero will be considered inactive, so at the very least, I think Nero should finish his own personal battle. Maybe not join one of the main battles, but like with Team Lombax against Gaius, Nero is a bit too far removed from the major fights.

4. @ still has the option to post with LERNA and Hapshiel. I think Hapshiel just needs to either go after Metarchus if he's still in that fight, or look for someone else. LERNA needs to post for Butlerok's sake.

5. @@Love of Ghibli might need to at least post with Rhadamanthys. Dorian is still waiting for Byakuya's response, and I'm not sure if Butlerok can continue to post independently, or completely needs LERNA.

6. @@Tesability Black could probably wait for now. While Darcy has restrained Metarchus, it falls on Satori to attack with her Recollection, so Metarchus could either act now, or after the Recollection. Neos is waiting for a response from Dad, while Gemini is minding his own business, so I don't believe there's much urgency to post with Gemini.

7. @ could focus on the fights with Apep and Metarchus. Apep has attacked the Short-Haired Tenshi, and it seems that the internal story of Nanashi and Tenshi is not over yet. Darcy has restrained Metarchus, and now it falls to Satori to use the Recollection. Bel is waiting for an opening to attack Isamy or Byakuya, which could possibly wait until after Dad posts. Reimu is still on the sidelines, though her analysis on Byakuya's Bankai could help Bel find the opening.

8. @@Dad - Byakuya has been attacked by Dorian and Neos, and Byakuya needs to respond. Byakuya and Isamy have been buffed by Metarchus. Kenpachi, Yachiru, Kratos, and Revy could all be under attack by the Souls of the Eldrazi, and they can fight back. I want to say more people are attacking Byakuya and Neos, but it seems that people like Bel or Reimu are merely preparing, so Dorian and Neos would be the immediate threats.

Since my collaboration with @ has gone on for a while, I think now is the time to have a Table of Contents for the battle.

[spoiler=Team EriArthur vs. Protheus Maximus]1. The Funeral March

2. The Memories We Shared

3. Death and the Healing

4. Divided We Fall

5. Deciphering the Prophecy

6. Twilight of the Gods: Chapter 1

7. Twilight of the Gods: Chapter 2

8. Twilight of the Gods: Chapter 3

Ideally, two more posts remain in this collab. While the posts are very long - they're certainly novel-length - this could help to get everyone caught up in the lead-up to the end of the battle.

So, a collective headsup:

@@Dad
@
Kenpachi and Hapshiel were freed from their individuals prisons due to Metarchus moving out of maintenance ranges. I thought I made that clear, but apparently I was more focused on posting than anything else.

2. The Souls of the Eldrazi have been melted by the Mad Blood, but that didn't come without consequence. A large amount of the map, excluding the lake, has been rendered without color and without any form of foliage as the melted Souls consumed the areas they landed upon. The trees lost will be restored by the next host post, but they will be the greyest trees ever. Fortunately for everyone else, the greying of the lands doesn't have much effect outside of the alteration of appearances. Instead, in their place is a large dragon from Ravnica known as Niv-Mizzet the Firemind. He is flying towards Metarchus' location near the tower at E2.

@@Reinforce
Chandra is finally free, but Gemini wound up taking her place. If Gemini ends up disappearing while in Isamy's clutches, Neos is gonna be forced to be erased with him, due to the pair technically sharing the same soul.

@@Reinforce
@
Metarchus is a bit...stuck in the air. He's been captured by Darcy's shadow tendrils and ended up forseeing an imminent future to come and so is preparing to fight off the Recollection with a Clash of Wills. While Clash of Wills is an Magic: The Gathering counterspell, it is also one that has the 'unless the controller pays' clause in it, which means that Satori could still overwhelm him if she's willing to burn the mana for it. However, a lot of mana will be needed to counter-counter the counterspell, as he would be using the equal of 6 mana (1 Base + 5 for X) in a MTG game, and that's in addition to the cost of the spell itself. Assuming the player casting it went second and was playing a mono-blue deck, Metarchus would need 12 turns to get that many lands to pull that if there weren't additional sources of mana in his control.

No mentions for this one. Just going to focus on the status update. We're almost done with the current page of the roleplay, but a few of the most recent posts have helped to clear up some issues with the battle, so I believe this merits a status update now, as there are likely to be other major posts coming up, and I would like to space them out between the status updates.

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest
Isamy Maximus - Lying dormant at D5. Empowered by Collective Blessing. Lydia and Gemini are bound to her. (Merciful Idiot)
Bel - On the border of D4 and E4. Summoned Sleipnir and Cú Chulainn, the latter preparing an attack against either Isamy or Byakuya. (Nai)
Butlerok - A manifestation of himself has shot down Genryuusai, and approached Gyokuen and Hades. (Love of Ghibli)
Byakuya - Empowered by Collective Blessing, Byakuya was able to block Dorian, Neos, and Kenpachi’s attacks. However, Revy’s nuclear warhead devastated Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, leaving him temporarily vulnerable. (Hi I’m Dad)
Chandra - Freed from Hollow Isamy’s prison by Gemini. (Simdoggy)
Dorian - Summoned a gargantuan sword of pure flame to strike down both Byakuya and Isamy, but was parried . (Love of Ghibli)
Gemini - Forced to use Switcheroo, taking Chandra’s place in Hollow Isamy’s prison. (Tesability Black)
Lydia - Bound to Hollow Isamy. LERNA and another familiar figure have asked that Butlerok free Lydia. (Broke. N)
Kenpachi - Attacking Byakuya, trying in vain to cut through Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. (Hi I’m Dad)
Kratos - Carrying Revy’s lifeless body, crying in despair at her sacrifice. (Hi I’m Dad)
Neos - Transformed into Pidgeot to Byakuya and Hollow Isamy at D5, but was blocked by Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. (Tesability Black)
Reimu - Keeping her distance from the main fight, and focusing on studying Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. Location undetermined. (Nai)
Revy - Fired a nuclear warhead at Byakuya, though the backlash from the shot broke her body, sending her hurtling towards one of the towers. Her body no longer able to sustain itself, she bid farewell to Kratos with her last breath. (Hi I’m Dad)
Yachiru - Chasing Kenpachi, trying to stop him from losing himself in his fight with Byakuya. (Hi I’m Dad)

Apep - Concealed within a cold black mist, and trapped within a Mad Blood dome alongside Rhadamanthys. (Simdoggy)
Ragnarok - Created an extra layer of Mad Blood within the cage, separating Tenshi from Apep and Rhadamanthys, who will fight one-on-one. (Love of Ghibli)
Rhadamanthys - Commanded Ragnarok to create a layer of Mad Blood within the cage, and is now fighting Apep all by himself, attacking her with Greatest Caution. (Love of Ghibli)
Short-Haired Tenshi - Separated from Apep and Rhadamanthys. Nanashi is descending into the lower level of the tower within her mindscape. (Nai)

Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2. (Kingdom Xathers)
Darcy - Restraining Metarchus above the tower at E2 and giving Satori the energy to use her Recollection, challenging Metarchus in his Clash of Wills. (Simdoggy)
Gabriel - Forced the Heralded Eldrazi to only attack Marshmallon, but the Omnibian negated Marshmallon’s effect, allowing the Heralded Eldrazi to destroy Marshmallon. (Kingdom Xathers)
Hapshiel - Summoning 63 clones in addition to himself, Hapshiel sent ten clones to stop the Heralded Eldrazi’s fall, while the remaining Hapshiels have surrounded Niv-Mizzet, attempting to paralyze the Firemind with Love Temptation. (Broke. N)
Heralded Eldrazi - With the earth under its body destroyed, the Heralded Eldrazi began to fall onto the tower at E2, but was caught by ten Hapshiels. (Tesability Black)
Jeanne - Fighting the Herald Eldrazi with Madama Styx at E2. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)
Metarchus - Restrained by Darcy, Metarchus has seen the future that awaits him. Determined to change it, he has begun a Clash of Wills with Darcy and Satori. (Tesability Black)
Niv-Mizzet - Summoned by Metarchus, analyzing the battlefield. (Tesability Black)
Omnibian - Summoned by Metarchus. (Tesability Black)
Satori - Receiving energy from Darcy atop the tower at E2, challenging Metarchus in a Clash of Wills with her Recollection. (Nai)
The Souls of the Eldrazi - Killed by Butlerok’s Mad Blood, the fallen Souls have melted into the ground, decaying the majority of the forest, save for the lake. (Tesability Black)

5D. Miscellaneous - [For characters who are not concentrating on the major fights]
Yukari - Location undetermined. (Nai)

Just posting this for personal reference. More detailed info to come!

[spoiler=The Forgotten Forest map]

Each tile is 100x100meters.

It has a diameter of 700 meters, and a radius of 350 meters~

HOLLOW Isamy has returned to the center, at D4.

moJHkE2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Whew! Finally got that boss post out there. I'm sure I kept everyone waiting, and I really didn't expect it to take this long - needless to say, I'm going to do my best to avoid responsibility until we reach the end.

[spoiler=Post TL;DR]

1st part involves Isamy reacting to everyone's responses in a dream sequence. Optional.

2nd part involves Hollow Isamy waking up from her dormancy.

>HI reveals her gimmick - Void Inclusion - which simulates the existence of those beyond the void. (basically copying dead people)

>HI slaughters a few CC members, while Gemini and Gon are rescued.

>HI asks Heralds to hurry up with murder

[spoiler=The (Approximate) Boss Status of Hollow Isamy]

gY2Izxl.png?1

Void Inclusion: Revy Two-Hands

Health: 8,500/10,000

Health of Core: 7/13

Heralds of Order:

Byakuya [HP: 5/10]

Metarchus [HP: 10/10]

Apep [HP: 2/10]

Hint:

Weapons of the soul will hurt this one most.

I'll be posting with Hollow Isamy later today. For now, here's a new status update.

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin

4. The Door of Origin

[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest

Hollow Isamy - Awakening from her slumber, Hollow Isamy used Void Inclusion to replicate Revy’s guns on a massive scale, and murdered Elsa and Ed, consuming their souls. (Merciful Idiot)

Bel - From D4, Kazuya boosted Cú Chulainn, who threw Gae Bolg at Byakuya, which struck point-blank. (Nai)

Butlerok - With a hint of mourning for Revy’s sacrifice, Butlerok fired a bullet carrying Lydia towards the tower at G4, and is confronting Hollow Isamy head-on. (Love of Ghibli)

Byakuya - Revy’s nuclear warhead devastated Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, leaving Byakuya vulnerable long enough for Reimu to deliver Cú Chulainn’s Gae Bolg, striking Byakuya. (Hi I’m Dad)

Chandra - Summoned three phoenixes, carrying herself, Gemini, and Gon to the tower at B5. (Simdoggy)

Dorian - Struck by Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, but was rescued by Butlerok. Gathering himself, Dorian is joining the battle against Byakuya. (Love of Ghibli)

Ed & Elsa - Killed by Hollow Isamy, with their souls consumed. (Gαy)

Gemini - Freed from Hollow Isamy’s prison, and passed out atop Chandra’s phoenix as he was carried to the tower at B5. (Tesability Black)

Gon - Carried by Chandra’s phoenix to the tower at B5. (Gαy)

Lydia - Huddled up on the top floor of the tower at G4, shaken from her experiences while trapped inside Isamy. (Broke. N)

Kenpachi - The explosion from Revy’s attack sent Kenpachi flying, landing directly opposing Hollow Isamy. (Hi I’m Dad)

Kratos - Revy’s body crumbled to dust in his arms. (Hi I’m Dad)

Neos - Using a lasso to retrieve Elsa’s body. (Tesability Black)

Reimu - Teleported Cú Chulainn’s Gae Bolg to strike Byakuya. (Nai)

Yachiru - Chasing Kenpachi, trying to stop him from losing himself in his fight with Byakuya. (Hi I’m Dad)

Apep - Hoped to bring down Rhadamanthys with her, but her efforts were in vain, and Apep’s body was completely destroyed. Ayame’s soul was finally freed, reuniting with Naomi, the two of them locked away, outside of Hollow Isamy’s reach. (Simdoggy)

Ragnarok - Created an extra layer of Mad Blood within the cage for Apep and Rhadamanthys to fight one-on-one. (Love of Ghibli)

Rhadamanthys - Fighting Apep one-on-one within the Mad Blood dome, and attacked her with Greatest Caution. (Love of Ghibli)

Short-Haired Tenshi - Separated from Apep and Rhadamanthys. Nanashi is descending into the lower level of the tower within her mindscape. (Nai)

Darcy - Gave most of her power to Satori, saving just enough to fuel Avalon. Released Metarchus from his restraints as Satori used her Recollection. (Simdoggy)

Gabriel - Defending the tower at E2 from the Heralded Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)

Hapshiel - Two Hapshiels are accompanying Jace while the rest are following above Niv-Mizzet. (Broke. N)

Heralded Eldrazi - Disappeared once Metarchus reverted to Jace. (Tesability Black)

Metarchus → Jace - The Recollection destroyed the Metarchus persona, while a mental duplicate of Jace resumed control over his body, effectively restoring him to normal. The summoned Heralded Eldrazi and Omnibian disappeared, and Jace is now riding Niv-Mizzet to attack Hollow Isamy. (Tesability Black)

Niv-Mizzet - Carrying Jace towards Isamy, blasting her with fire and lightning. (Tesability Black)

Omnibian - Disappeared once Metarchus reverted to Jace. (Tesability Black)

Satori - Defeated Metarchus with her Recollection, allowing him to be restored as Jace. (Nai)

Nero - Freed from the duplicate of the Forgotten Forest, and leaving B2 to help all his allies. (Chaos Sonic)

Yukari - Location undetermined. (Nai)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to make a boss post, so here's a status update to prepare.

Alpha-Romeo - Reached the edge of the Lake of Remembrance, waiting on the sidelines for his chance to intervene. (Kingdom Xathers)

Protheus - Fighting MirageGaogamon and Sora. Void Eria merged with Eria of the Counter Corps to become Ragnarok, which is battling the Twilight One. Protheus battled a certain Anomaly, seemingly defeating it with his Karma Bomb. (Merciful Idiot) |RTD|

2. Prologuous

3. The Hallway of Origin

[Empty]

4. The Door of Origin

[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest

Hollow Isamy - Used Void Inclusion at D4 to copy Elsa’s magic, expelling the Black Blood that had been within Revy’s soul. Attacked Reimu, and is attempting to consume Ravnica to cover from some of the damage she took. (Merciful Idiot)

Bel - Summoned Culebre to carry him up above D4. Used Drain against Byakuya, while Amaterasu cast Maragidyne against Hollow Isamy. (Nai)

Butlerok - Activated Revy’s Black Blood to consume Hollow Isamy’s soul, then flew a safe distance away. (Love of Ghibli)

Byakuya - Activated Senbonzakura Kageyoshi’s third stage, Senkei, and attacked Kenpachi from D4. (Hi I’m Dad)

Chandra - Flying above the tower at B5 on one of her phoenixes, a second phoenix carried Gemini within the tower, while the third flew directly at Hollow Isamy’s mask. Chandra then summoned Magmatic Force to overwhelm Hollow Isamy with a stream of magma. (Simdoggy)

Darcy - Walked inside the tower at E2, waiting at a different level from Team Lombax to recover while still watching the fight. (Simdoggy)

Dorian - Attacked Byakuya with fire and bombs, though it is unclear if this hurt Byakuya. (Love of Ghibli)

Gemini - Carried inside the tower at B5. (Tesability Black)

Hapshiel - The Hapshiel flock delivered a pair of gargantuan air kisses to Hollow Isamy. (Broke. N)

Jace - Riding Niv-Mizzet to attack Hollow Isamy. Ravnica is under attack to deny Jace access to its power. (Tesability Black)

Kenpachi - Attacked Byakuya at D4, but repeated being cut up and stabbed by Senbonzakura left Kenpachi falling into the lake. (Hi I’m Dad)

Killua & Gon - Leaving Kratos behind, intent on saving Kenpachi at D4. (Dad)

Kratos - Despite helping Killua and Gon to destroy the nuclear warhead aimed at him, Kratos is losing the will to fight. Location undetermined. (Hi I’m Dad)

Lydia - Frozen in terror within the tower at G4. (Broke. N)

Neos - Used a lasso in an attempt to retrieve Elsa’s body, but Elsa was subjected to Void Inclusion anyway. (Tesability Black)

Nero - Freed from the duplicate of the Forgotten Forest, and leaving B2 to help all his allies. (Chaos Sonic)

Niv-Mizzet - Carrying Jace towards Isamy, blasting her with fire and lightning. (Tesability Black)

Ragnarok - Thrown to the feet of the tower at B5, helping Rhadamanthys stand up. (Love of Ghibli)

Reimu - Fell through a barrier to avoid Hollow Isamy’s attack, and then cast a Duplex Barrier around everyone in Senkei’s range. (Nai)

Rhadamanthys - Thrown to the feet of the tower at B5, curious where Tenshi is. (Love of Ghibli)

Satori - Separated from Darcy and created a temporary human body for herself to search for her sister, leaving E2. (Nai)

Short-Haired Tenshi - As her other selves conversed within the mindscape, slowly disappearing, the Tenshi outside attacked Hollow Isamy from C4 with the Sword of Hisou. (Nai)

Yachiru - Begging Kenpachi to stop fighting Byakuya. (Hi I’m Dad)

5B. Gaius - Location: The Tower at E2

Gabriel - Defending the tower at E2 from the Heralded Eldrazi. (Kingdom Xathers)

5C. Inactive

Kyros - Somewhere within the forest. Location undetermined. (Kingdom Xathers)

Yukari - Last seen fighting constructs. Location undetermined. (Nai)

• 4 weeks later...

@ , @@Dad , @@Tesability Black , @@The Warden , @ , @@Maeriberii Haan , @@Love of Ghibli , @@Kingdom Xathers , @@Reinforce

Going to be a bit erratic right now, but this is more of a preliminary post covering a few things.

Yesterday marked one year since my party of characters began their battle against @'s Protheus Maximus. While I estimate that there are about two posts left in our collaboration, the point remains that my characters have long since been egregiously lagging behind. And that's on me. My activity on the site as whole suffered in 2014 through 2016, and the damage has been done. Even still, I am determined to finish this fight, and bring my characters to the final boss fight.

Speaking of which, there are three stages projected in this fight, and we are still only on the first. Given the nature of this first stage, I see the battle as having had multiple rounds within it. Sometime over the next few days, I will post a formal status update to keep everyone up to speed. Following that, I will write a boss post with Hollow Isamy, which I hope should begin the final round of this stage and serve as a prelude to Stage 2. This roleplay began on July 7, 2013. Our fifth anniversary is in less than a month, or just under four weeks. My hope and preference is that July 7 will be the date that Stage 2 begins.

Due to personal matters, @@Tesability Black may need to step out of the roleplay. What will become of her characters is still being decided, so I will try to work out something there with some considerations towards that prelude to Stage 2 and the anniversary.

Although this is ostensibly our "endgame", this roleplay has dragged on for the better part of five years. While I do not have any intention of rushing this story to an anticlimactic finale, and hope to have some semblance of a satisfying conclusion in spite of what has happened, we do need to bring this story towards that conclusion, satisfying or otherwise. Please be prepared for this battle to advance towards the next Stage.

While we've been primarily discussing on Skype, in case anyone is more active on Discord, you may join this roleplay's channel here: https://discord.gg/C7sJyv

We've rarely used it, but I believe now is as good a time as any to plug it.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for being so late with this latest status update. Our fifth anniversary is in three days, and I hope that posting this now will help people to post in the meantime if necessary. I've tagged everyone for ease of helping everyone notice these, and will continue to do so in future status updates.

[spoiler=Status Update]1. Pathway to Remembrance - C8

Alpha-Romeo - Reached the edge of the Lake of Remembrance, waiting on the sidelines for his chance to intervene. @@Kingdom Xathers

Arthur & MirageGaogamon - Preparing a new Bio-Merge with not only each other, but all their allies, to defeat Protheus and the last of the Twilight Ones. @@PHANTOM Roxas |RTD|

Eria - The merged Eria appeared from Ragnarok, and used her Charm to compel Protheus to kill three of the Twilight Ones, but he was able to break free. Eria and Gagagigo are now joining with their allies, preparing to finish their battle with Protheus. @@PHANTOM Roxas |RTD|

Kairi & Sora - Guarded Eria, Arthur, and MirageGaogamon from Protheus before joining with their allies for the endgame against Protheus and the Twilight Ones. @@PHANTOM Roxas |RTD|

Protheus - As the Twilight Ones battled Eria, the Water Charmer was able to control Protheus long enough to make him kill three of the Twilight Ones. After attempting to turn the Charm back on Eria, Protheus began to battle the surviving Twilight Ones. @ |RTD|

2. Prologuous

Chardonnay - Entered Prologuous. @

3. The Hallway of Origin

[Empty]

4. The Door of Origin

[Empty]

5. The Forgotten Forest

Hollow Isamy - Failing to consume Ravnica, Hollow Isamy exchanged Elsa’s power, using her Void Inclusion to copy Ed Garith’s powers, summoning Gula Dracolich, a creature a pure black flames, to protect her and draw in the various fire users on the battlefield. @

Bel - Riding Culebre above D4, Bel cast Megidolaon at Gula Dracolich, which was trapped by Reimu’s barriers. @@Maeriberii Haan

Butlerok & Dorian - Raining fire down upon Hollow Isamy and Gula Dracolich. @@Love of Ghibli

Byakuya - Battled face-to-face with Kenpachi one last time, but was brutally slain, ending the last of Hollow Isamy’s Heralds. @@Dad

Chandra - Joined in the barrage of fire spells against Hollow Isamy from the tower at B5, but is now being drawn towards the Gula Dracolich. @@Reinforce

Darcy - Waiting inside the tower at E2 while watching the fight. @@Reinforce

Gemini - Inside the tower at B5. @@Tesability Black

Hapshiel - The Hapshiel flock had delivered a pair of gargantuan air kisses to Hollow Isamy. @@The Warden

Jace - Rode Niv-Mizzet towards the tower at B5, and cast Phantamsal Image and Switcheroo, replacing the Soul of Ravnica with a decoy, tricking Hollow Isamy into consuming the decoy. @@Tesability Black & @@Reinforce

Kenpachi - Yachiru revealed her true identity as Kenpachi’s Zanpakuto, granting him access to his Bankai. Challenging Byakuya one last time, Kenpachi mercilessly slaughtered his former companion, the last of Hollow Isamy’s Heralds. @Hi I’m Dad

Killua & Gon - Dragged through snow alongside Amaterasu with Hollow Isamy’s former command over ice. @@Dad

Kratos - Kratos remains still, now in sheer awe and terror of Kenpachi’s immense power. @@Dad

Lydia - Frozen in terror within the tower at G4. @@The Warden

Neos - Attempted in vain to retrieve Elsa’s body, but Elsa was subjected to Void Inclusion anyway. @@Tesability Black

Nero - Last seen leaving B2 to help all his allies. @

Reimu - Despite her crippled body, Reimu was able to cast an Omnidirectional Dragon-Slaying Circle to trap the Gula Dracolich and leave it vulnerable to attacks. @@Maeriberii Haan

Rhadamanthys - Used his Greatest Caution to summon a energy wyvern to battle the Gula Dracolich. @@Love of Ghibli

Satori - Found Koishi’s mutilated body in the snow. @@Maeriberii Haan

Short-Haired Tenshi - Gathering temparents to join the assault against Hollow Isamy and Gula Dracolich. @@Maeriberii Haan

Yachiru - Sacrificed herself to awaken Kenpachi his Bankai to defeat Byakuya. @@Dad

5B. Gaius - Location: The Tower at E2 @@Kingdom Xathers

Alexander - Supporting the team in the battle against Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2.

Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2. Within his Soul Room, several of his Altisters have appeared, and one of them, Gaius, is battling Alexander, Ratchet, Red, and their allies.

Atsuko - Sitting in one of Caledfwlch’s sidecars and heading through F2 with Bayonetta.

Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2.

Gabriel - Defending the tower at E2 from the Heralded Eldrazi.

Jeanne - Fighting the Herald Eldrazi with Madama Styx at E2. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi.

Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank are battling Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room.

Red - Battling Gaius’ Troys within Alister’s Soul Room.

5C. Inactive

Kyros - Somewhere within the forest. Location undetermined. @@Kingdom Xathers

Hey guys, most of you already know this but I recently stumbled upon Roll20, an online tabletop service which allows us to use custom maps and place tokens and everything, it's pretty great. I genuinely wish I discovered this waaayyy earlier during the GCRP's run. Still, better late than never :D

We aren't spontaneously becoming an RPG mind you. This exists only to complement Roxas's status updates.

There'll be a link to this in the Discord & Skype chats if you guys want to move your characters yourself. Otherwise, just list your positions in-post and me/Roxas will take care of it.

I'm hoping this will help:

1. Encourage y'all to actually list positions

2. Clear TONS of confusion about what's what, where's where

3. Help with visualization of the final battle

And without further ado, based on Roxas's status update above, here's the updated Forgotten Forest map:

(for those of you who didn't list your positions, I had to estimate based on your descriptions, so message me if it's inaccurate)

smiddqD.jpg

Oh and one more thing.

HAPPY 5TH GCRP ANNIVERSARY!!!

It's been a crazy ride thus far, and it's crazier still to think that we've actually spent five years doing this thing. Exactly five years ago most of you applied on this OOC thread, and yet you're all still there. That's just so weird to think about. I can't thank anyone enough for sticking along on this journey for so much time - in my personal opinion, it's exactly because we came this far that we can't afford to rush an ending now, that we gotta power through to our epic conclusion in these last few months. And that requires taking this final boss down! Please continue to hang in there, everyone!

Hollow Isamy is nearing the last of her life, so it's going to take a few strong attempts to shatter that mask and end her. Then once she's defeated, I'll be sending out my final rollcall. Fight on, fight on~

P.S. Let's not hit our sixth anniversary xD

Alright, going to have an informal status update summarizing my latest post.

@@Maeriberii Haan
- Hollow Isamy is trying to stall Nanashi by doubting her identity.
- Hollow Isamy is taunting both Koishi and Satori, telling Satori to die and for Koishi to get rid of her.
- Reimu’s barrier is still holding Gula Dracolich back enough, though it’s focused on Team Dorian at the moment.
- A lesser drake attacked Bel and Culebre and exploded, attempting to bathe them in black fire and overheat the COMP. Amaterasu was caught up in snow along with Killua and Gon, but Hollow Isamy is ignoring them all for now.

@ - A lesser drake attacked Nero and exploded, attempting to bathe him in black fire.

@@Love of Ghibli - Although Rhadamanthys’ wyvern was powerful, Dorian and Butlerok’s fire attacks ended up empowering Gula Dracolich enough to devour the wyvern. Gula Dracolich is targeting Team Dorian, but Reimu’s barrier is holding it back.

@@The Warden
- Hapshiel has not been targeted, giving him an opening to attack Hollow Isamy.
- While Lydia is taking refuge atop one of the towers, a lesser drake is targeting her, flying around the tower and trying to draw her out.

@@Dad
- Since Kratos is paralyzed with fear, Hollow Isamy has no interest in him at the moment.
- Hollow Isamy has reached out to him, asking what it cost him to defeat Byakuya.
- Killua and Gon were caught up in snow along with Amaterasu, but Hollow Isamy is ignoring them all for now.

@@Reinforce
- Darcy is safe inside the tower, although Hollow Isamy is preparing a countermeasure.
- A lesser drake attacked Chandra, flying around the tower and trying to draw her out.
- Are you still playing any of @@Tesability Black’s characters, like Jace?

@@Kingdom Xathers - All your characters are safe within their tower, although Hollow Isamy is preparing to attack the towers soon.

I'm trying to end Stage 1 of this final boss fight soon, so consider my latest post to be my penultimate post as Hollow Isamy. After one more round of attacks, we can begin Stage 2. My next boss post will help transition into the next stage.

• 1 month later...

Time for a new status update! With Protheus and Hollow Isamy both defeated, we're getting much closer to our endgame. Here's hoping we can finish this soon. Putting this more upfront so that everyone can immediately see the current battle, while the sections in spoiler tags are more for battles that are too far removed from the current battle.

[spoiler=Phantom Roxas & Merciful Idiot]1. Pathway to Remembrance - C8 [The Pathway will soon collapse]
Alpha-Romeo - At the edge of the Lake of Remembrance. @@Kingdom Xathers
Arthur, Eria, Gagagigo, Kairi, MirageGaogamon, & Kairi - Fused into an entity known as Aetos. Between Arthur singing “Famous Last Words” and Eria channeling the Lake of Remembrance, everyone poured all of their emotions into one final attack against Protheus. @@PHANTOM Roxas |RTD|
Protheus - The Twilight One seemingly vanished, leaving Protheus to battle Aetos by himself. Using his final Truth Of All Souls Upon Death, Protheus attempted to counter the Lake of Remembrance and utterly destroy Aetos. However, his final attack failed, and the lake overwhelmed him with memories and emotions. At long last, the Herald of Darkness was completely destroyed. @ |RTD|

2. Prologuous
Chardonnay - Awaiting in Prologuous. @

3. The Hallway of Origin
[Empty]

4. The Door of Origin
[Empty]

[spoiler=The Forgotten Forest]End of Stage 1
Hollow Isamy - Bombarded on all sides with even Gula Dracolich being destroyed by the combined efforts of Butlerok, Rhadamanthys, and Lydia, Hollow Isamy was seemingly destroyed by the Nameless Girl. Just barely clinging to existence, Isamy reached out to Nero, manipulating him into releasing her heart. Nero agreed, but in the process, split Isamy in two, creating a Heartless and Nobody. The Forgotten Forest collapsed in on itself as everyone was pulled into new areas echoing the Pathway to Truth. @
Gemini - Inside the tower at B5. Possibly withdrawn? @@Tesability Black
Neos - Possibly withdrawn? @@Tesability Black

[spoiler=Kingdom Xathers]Gaius - Location: The Tower at E2 (Inactive) @@Kingdom Xathers
Alexander - Supporting the team in the battle against Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. Umbris and Mr. Zurkon are fighting the Herald Eldrazi to protect the tower at E2. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.
Alister - Catatonic at the tower in E2. Within his Soul Room, several of his Altisters have appeared, and one of them, Gaius, is battling Alexander, Ratchet, Red, and their allies. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.
Atsuko - Sitting in one of Caledfwlch’s sidecars and heading through F2 with Bayonetta. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy.
Bayonetta - Bayonetta is guarding Atsuko through F2. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.
Gabriel - Defending the tower at E2 from the Heralded Eldrazi. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy.
Jeanne - Fighting the Herald Eldrazi with Madama Styx at E2. Attacked by the Souls of the Eldrazi. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.
Ratchet - Ratchet and Clank are battling Gaius within Alister’s Soul Room. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.
Red - Battling Gaius’ Troys within Alister’s Soul Room. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy.

Unknown
Kyros - Somewhere within the forest. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy. @@Kingdom Xathers

The Illusive Sky
Nobody Isamy - The Nobody has shifted into Dorian’s form, and surrounded every single of their opponents with a ring of explosions, only to be countered with magical fire from Kratos. @@Maeriberii Haan
Chandra - Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy. @@Reinforce
Dorian - Realizing that he’s been separated from his Butlerok, Dorian is waiting as his remaining allies gather. Unable to form a strategy just yet, he is questioning Nobody Isamy’s logic. @@Love of Ghibli
Hapshiel - Drew his sword to battle Finite, only to be separated from his opponent, as Hapshiel was sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy. @@THE Warden
Jace - Tricked Hollow Isamy into consuming the Ravnica decoy. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy. @@Tesability Black & @@Reinforce
Kratos - Kratos chased after Finite, but the Herald threw Kenpachi into a portal, sending him to fight Nobody Isamy instead. Using the Golden Fleece, he was able to shield himself the explosions, and retaliated with magical fire aimed at Nobody Isamy. @@Dad
Lydia - Discarding Hopeless Black, Lydia destroyed Gula Dracolich. Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy. @@THE Warden
Nero - Unlocked Isamy’s heart, creating her Heartless and Nobody. Sent to confront the Nobody, Nero is angered to see Isamy use Yenna’s image to speak to him. Caught up in Nobody Isamy’s explosions. @@Chaos Sonic
Reimu - Sent to the Illusive Sky to battle Nobody Isamy. @@Maeriberii Haan

The Shadow Cavern
Heartless Isamy - Used Void Inclusion to stack Phenomenal Evil Power, unleashing thousands of black balls throughout the cavern, with Butlerok, Rhadamanthys, Killua, and Gon primarily targeted by the assault. @@THE Warden
Bel - Fired another Megidolaon in the final assault against Hollow Isamy. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy. @@Maeriberii Haan
Butlerok - Blasted the Phenomenal Evil Power attack him and Rhadamanthys, then seemingly disappeared, flooding the cave with Mad Blood.
Darcy - Waiting inside the tower at E2 while watching the fight. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy. @@Reinforce
Gon - Transformed his body into a more powerful state, battling Finite by himself to avenge Killua. @@Dad
Kenpachi - Joined Isamy as the Herald Finite, and was drawn to the Shadow Cavern to aid Heartless Isamy. Sent Kratos to the Illusive Sky and murdered Killua, and is now battling Gon. @Hi I’m Dad
Killua - Impaled by Finite, beaten and knocked aside. With his dying breaths, Killua begged for Gon not to die for him. @@Dad
Rhadamanthys - Under the cover of Butlerok’s Mad Blood, Rhadamanthys launched a massive laser beam from the ground at Heartless Isamy. @@Love of Ghibli
Satori - Put Koishi to sleep for now. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy. @@Maeriberii Haan
Short-Haired Tenshi - Used Shining Rapture to overpower Hollow Isamy’s spirit, causing the monstrosity to explode. Sent to the Shadow Cavern to battle Heartless Isamy. @@Maeriberii Haan

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, guess what? We are officially back in business!

Although we didn't intend it at first, we ended up taking a half-year break. And quite honestly? I feel like my mind really needed it, because I feel a lot more energized now. I hope you guys feel similarly, and I also hope we can jump into this one last time with a fresh perspective. We’re gonna do this simple, and straightforward, and most of all, fun.

As my younger, far weebier self wrote in the rules five years ago:

VII. Remember - the most important thing of all is to have fun!

Only one battle remains - the final form - and I’d honestly say we’re just a few pages away from the end. It’s been one heck of a journey...and personally, I’m not about to leave it here. I hope as many of ya as possible can join me in this one, last, final push!!!

Also, don’t worry if ya haven’t been keeping up with events so far. This next post ought to cover all that + wipe the slate clean! There’s also a special opportunity offered to your characters - I hope it’ll be interesting!

Latest post: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304659-the-grand-crossover-rp-pathway-to-origin-icapps-closed-for-finale/page-121?do=findComment&comment=7133072
[spoiler=post summary (SPOILERS! READ FIRST!)]

• The Nobody & Heartless Isamy battles is interrupted. Their respective worlds shatter when a strange new entity (Isabella) enters-
  • The GCRP Gang end up in oblivion, and float there awhile.
  • The GCRP Gang get to hear pieces of uh… a mysterious, otherworldly rant.

• Then ITSU swoops in, saves the gang, and brings ‘em all into Epiloguous to chill.
  • Using her link to the Key, Itsu has brought out a star-wisp for each of the characters. If they embrace it, they’ll tap into their own Origin for the "Power of the Future" or the "Power of the Past".
  • Power of the Future: They can obtain all the powers + capabilities of the future self they’d grow up to be (without memories, only glimpses). Feel free to be creative about this!
  • Power of the Past: They can regain long-lost powers from their past self, which would help if the character has ever been nerfed at some point. If this is more appropriate for them, go for it!

• Needless to say, it’s the final break. Whether you have any lingering plot questions you wish to ask Itsu, or whether you would like to converse with the rest of the cast & wrap anything up… this is it. Now’s your last chance. Let's make this a fantastic ending.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

[spoiler=The (Approximate) Status of Omnibound Immortal IZANAMI]

Omnibound Immortal

IZANAMI

Total HP: 695,500/700,000

Void Inclusion:

PRIDE IZANAMI

HP: 100,000/100,000

Void Inclusion: Otto Skorzeny (3 uses left)

LUST IZANAMI

HP: 98,000/100,000

Void Inclusion: Titanomachia (3 uses left)

WRATH IZANAMI

Void Inclusion: N/A (1 use left)

ENVY IZANAMI

HP: 99,500/100,000

Void Inclusion: ADR-01ii: Jeri Type (3 uses left)

GREED IZANAMI

Void Inclusion: Tsukasa Kayoda (3 uses left)

GLUTTONY IZANAMI

Void Inclusion: Sharon Caile/Necra (3 uses left)

SLOTH IZANAMI

HP: 98,000/100,000

Void Inclusion: Yukari Yakumo (3 uses left)

Status: Facing the Subjects of Risa - all on main platform, close to Door of Origin

---

Hint:

"Stay strong! These Void Inclusions are temporary, and she will only be able to use them so many times. Act according to your knowledge and instincts."

"..."

"Also, every time she declares a Void Inclusion, it will apparently link directly to the application in question.”

FINAL FORM BOSS POST: https://neocardmaker.com/forum/index.php?/topic/167-the-grand-crossover-rp-pathway-to-origin-icpg-16apps-closed-for-finale/&page=2

[spoiler=Post Summary (spoilers, recommend reading above first!)]

• GCRP Gang got taken from the boss battle and brought to "Epiloguous" by Itsu Fudo. Using her link to the Key, she gave everyone an opportunity to get a power-up by tapping into their own Origin.
  • Power of the Future: They can obtain all the powers + capabilities of the future self they’d grow up to be (without memories, only glimpses). Feel free to be creative about this!
  • Power of the Past: They can regain long-lost powers from their past self, which would help if the character has ever been nerfed at some point. If this is more appropriate for them, go for it!
  • Afterwards Itsu gave an rundown on how to beat the now-whole Isamy Maximus: Destroy her soul (in her true from, she can be killed for good) or change her mind (making her mortal again).
  • Itsu also warned, if they win, they'll need to pick someone to use the Door of Origin.
  • Then Itsu used up the last of her energy, sending everyone back.

• Upon returning to the Door of Origin, Isamy Maximus greeted the GCRP Gang. Apparently she's now come up with a more specific idea about happily ever afters, namely "killing everyone in the multiverse". Sounds reasonable.
  • Then, at last... Isamy assumed her final form. Her true form. Omnibound Immortal IZANAMI.
  • IZANAMI has the power of 'Void Inclusion', invoking the powers of any deceased GCRP characters once only.
  • The Door of Origin realm has been turned into Origin Cosmos. The main platform got shattered into seven pieces, IZANAMI split herself into seven as well, and now everyone has been separated into seven user-specific groups... ready to make one last stand!!!

Also, the Application List on Page 1 has been updated, to accurately reflect all living and deceased characters. This may be relevant for the final battle, so refer back to it whenever you like.

If you've been paying attention to either Skype or Discord chat, y'all know what this is. As is the celebration of our sixth and final GCRP Anniversary, let's keep this as simple as possible! From here on, it's gonna be arranging Individual Collabs with you guys now. I'll be contacting each of you guys to discuss this further; this way of doing things should theoretically enable us to reach our Epilogue with just two more posts. ("Post 1: Collab Battle" and "Post 2: Final Attack")

If you guys have any questions or if there's any weirdness/formatting issues within the post, feel free to let me know! In any case, this is the final stretch... The absolute final stretch at last, at long long long looonnnnnggggg hecking last, so with all limiters removed, don't be afraid to have some long-awaited fun!

((apologies for any redundancy, just putting all the necessary info here as well for public access))

Archived