[Therrion Single Challenge 5/50] And then there was Firefrost...

Therrion

5w8g.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it. This card cannot attack directly the turn you activate this effect.

[spoiler=Design Notes] Well, I wanted FIRE and WATER to become a thing, as seen lately, and so I thought the easiest way to approach such a combination would be to remake the old Frost and Flame Dragon, Chaos style. I figured it'd be fine to destroy any card (backrow and monsters), since destroy is so inferior to banish it isn't even funny. Also, to add some draw back, I decided it cannot attack directly. I was thinking of a direct rip of Chaos Sorcerer with the "cannot attack" at all, but I decided against it as a sort of "draw in" factor to FIRE/WATER becoming a thing. Thoughts? [/spoiler]

I would say it has a Dragon-Type going for it, since this will fall in love with the Dragon Rulers. That's probably quite problematic (even though they work very well by themselves).

Overall I think it is an okay card, but even so being able to go after any card is a little merciless, even if this thing is tricky to Summon. The stats may mitigate this, though, but I personally would rather it hit Face-Up cards instead. Ugh, but then it might be too weak considering where it might be placed.

In truth it is a little unorthodox! XD I think leaving it as it is may be fine, since you make solid points about the typing, but you have got to deal with the issues Dragon Rulers can come up with this.

I don't really believe this would improve Dragon Rulers, but moreso create an inconsistancy in the deck if presented to it.

Though, Decks using the two attributes with the help of Tidal/Blaster could get it from Deck.

I felt dirty making it everything but kinda figured it had to be done XD

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target one card your opponent controls; destroy it. This card cannot attack directly the turn you activate this effect.

Other than that, I really enjoy this card, I could see it as a real card.

Archived