Photo

I'm Mr. Lonely, I Have Nobody for My Owwwwwnnnnnn!

- - - - - Bobby Vinton Machines Archetype Single control

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FF Fan

FF Fan

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
    Last Visit Oct 06 2015 02:28 PM
An archetype involved around single monsters with powerful effects. Not sure if the archetype is underpowered or overpowered currently.

Lonely Bots

+ Circuits

Visit my Final Fantasy Deck Collection and offer your critiques please.
Also join my custom Yugioh card game DN Custom Card Game

Amanea

Amanea

Progenitor of Chaos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
    Last Visit Jun 01 2014 07:33 PM

This is a very interesting archetype - a set of monsters who cooperate by not cooperating. o: I like how the Spells tie them together, yet I can't fully come to appreciate some of the Spells, namely "Nostalgia", "Friendship", and "Happiness".

I dislike "Nostalgia" because it basically offers a free monster removal each turn, as its condition is hardly restrictive. I would suggest either toning down the effect, or changing it to a Normal Spell Card with a clause along the lines of: "If there are 3 or more "Lonely Bot" monsters in your Graveyard:", which would be a little less original, but also a little bit fairer. There is no need for free banishing each turn. But I see that this card could be fixed quite easily and prove to be exciting support.

"Friendship" just needs a clause similar to "of a Level lower than or equal to the returned monster" as to prevent "Guilt" from springing out of nowhere. Other than that, I really do like it. I'm especially fond of how the "+ Circuit" series as a whole is analogically to the "Lonely Bots" as Spells are to monsters in general - there to support and elevate. ^^ Also, I feel like that artwork on "Friendship" is from a Cartoon Network show lost to the ages....

"Happiness" wasn't too appealing to me just because it was a free effect that could easily turn a powerfully endowed Level 4 monster such as "Solitude" into a boring, overpowered force. I would like to see a cost tagged onto such a straightforward Spell, such as: "If that monster is removed from the field, you cannot Summon during your next turn." This one is probably the only one that is problematic by infrastructural design, while the others can easily be fixed by adding a few words.

Finally, I think 2200 ATK and 3100 ATK for a Level 4 and 5 respectively is too much, even for the field limiting drawbacks. I would bay them at 2000 and 2700-3000 to keep it realistic. For reference, a Level 6 monster with 2800 ATK ("Infernal Incinerator") - the highest of any Level 5-6 monster in the game - has the drawbacks: "This card can only be Normal Summoned or Set by discarding all cards in your hand to the Graveyard except this card, and by Tributing 1 monster with 2000 or more ATK you control," and, "This card loses 500 ATK for each other monster you control."

There's a little OCG problem with the common clause that they share. It should just read: "If you control a monster(s) other than this card: Destroy those monsters." That way it won't be a contradiction. 

Now that we're through the big cloud of negativity, I truly enjoy the theme of these guys! It reminds my a tad of Malefics, relying on one monster at a time to bulldoze through the opponent defenses. I also like how you incorporated Koa'ki Meiru-esque effects to exemplify such solitary power. The artwork is really cute, too. c: You just want to hug those little lonely things... reminds me of the music video for E.T.... o: Anyways, good job with this, and I'm eager to see more!

FF Fan

FF Fan

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
    Last Visit Oct 06 2015 02:28 PM
No one uses Infernal Incinerator though. There is no upside to him whatsoever. You lose an entire hand and a strong monster and when he's summoned there's a good chance he'll lose atk by his own effect? BLS, Red-eyes darkness Metal dragon and a ton of monsters with ATK equal or greater than his are easier to summon and cause more problems than Mr. Guilt would.

I changed the effect and stats of a few of my monsters. Trying to find a nice balance here, but it's tricky when the theme involves around only having one monster on the field at a time. That's a major drawback, considering you can't xyz, synchro, and if that one monster leaves the field, your open unless you have a threatening roar or something.
Visit my Final Fantasy Deck Collection and offer your critiques please.
Also join my custom Yugioh card game DN Custom Card Game

Amanea

Amanea

Progenitor of Chaos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
    Last Visit Jun 01 2014 07:33 PM

My point is that 3100 ATK for a single Tribute is ridiculous. That's why I suggested 2800 or so. And I can see why this would be hard to balance, trying not to overcompensate for the unusual drawbacks. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users