Sugar Cube Corner - Bronies of YCM

Shradow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cows... They can talk.

I mentioned this~

But yeah, Pets are...weird. I think, Pets and things taken care of by Fluttershy with a few other exceptions (Many Wild Animals), are the only non-sapient creatures...

Also thing because why not

Username: Airride

Best pony (not optional) and why (optional)?: Vinyl Scratch/DJ-PON3 because dat color scheme (Also music really helps me do things)

Out of Mane 6, though, it would be either Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie.

I'm going slightly off-topic for a second, just to leave an obscure comment on Anbro's post~

a very interesting character and Party of One. God damn, Party of One.

Belive it or not but Party of One is my all-time favorite episode. It's BECAUSE Pinkie is such an interested character to that degree that she literally became the most contrasting character in the whole series, just because of that episode. Like, Pinkie is a natural born terrorist/terror-incarnate, yet, she doesn't even realize it, which it all the more better due to how truly innocent she is. Like, if she wanted, she could destroy the universe and have no second thought about it. But why would she? She has family/friends/etc, the ability to throw parties at will to make everyone smile/happy, and all around makes her into a a pretty obscure character if you look at her in different ways.
More or less the sole fact that she is the simultaneously the most stable and unstable character at the same time just makes her a really interesting character. Though, the fact her antics make me laugh my ass off with each episode is more of the reason why I like her. Her "hidden" crazyness is just the icing on the cake for Me.

I think we can manage to have more than one discussion topic going at once.

Your reasons for your favorite pony are much more complex than mine. Twilight Sparkle is my favorite because through her we get Future Twilight, and Metal Gear Solid is awesome. Also Tara Strong.

I think we're a little over-due for an image, so here's an interesting one:
[spoiler=CMCs watching Ric Astley]
7ab.gif[/spoiler]
See, here's the thing... Knowing how oblivious they naturally were to the internet, they would actually think people were being serious with such a video, and might even escalate it into thinking it was cool, in the time of when people use it as bait-n-switch/for lulz.
I mean, they took the sarcastic "Funniest thing I've ever seen" comment seriously, so them getting into antics over random videos on YouTube seems pretty hilarious.
At least to me, though..... Heh....

Personally, my favorite pony was, for a while, a toss-up between Rarity and Twilight. It's pretty firmly Twilight, now, though. Other than her... moments, she seems to be the one that's most cemented in reality. Her flaws are a lot less annoying than, say, Rainbow's arrogance, or Pinkie's... Pinkie...ness. And, of course, being me, I can't hate bookworms. 

I used to really not like Applejack, just because she was so forgettable, but she's actually my third favorite now. She's got good virtue, and is one of the only ponies to actually show herself capable of doing work. On the other hand, she's ALSO a bit brash and arrogant, and has lied to her friends at least twice. I also think that the way she exploded at Twilight in Winter Wrap Up was totally uncalled for.

Applejack would be a great starting character in some kind of RPG. She's the strongest, and seems capable of taking a hit. She would probably also have the most straightforward magic/skills system.

My favorites are Fluttershy and Rarity. Fluttershy's problem is that she never really evolves as a character. I guess it's realistic to not have an inmediate change after facing your fears or becoming more assertive, but when the characters around her DO change, she more or less stays the same since season 1.

I'm going slightly off-topic for a second, just to leave an obscure comment on Anbro's post~Belive it or not but Party of One is my all-time favorite episode. It's BECAUSE Pinkie is such an interested character to that degree that she literally became the most contrasting character in the whole series, just because of that episode. Like, Pinkie is a natural born terrorist/terror-incarnate, yet, she doesn't even realize it, which it all the more better due to how truly innocent she is. Like, if she wanted, she could destroy the universe and have no second thought about it. But why would she? She has family/friends/etc, the ability to throw parties at will to make everyone smile/happy, and all around makes her into a a pretty obscure character if you look at her in different ways.
More or less the sole fact that she is the simultaneously the most stable and unstable character at the same time just makes her a really interesting character. Though, the fact her antics make me laugh my ass off with each episode is more of the reason why I like her. Her "hidden" crazyness is just the icing on the cake for Me.

Plus, she's cute with straight hair.

AND I FUCKING LOVE THE FANDOM FOR HER.

My favorites are Fluttershy and Rarity. Fluttershy's problem is that she never really evolves as a character. I guess it's realistic to not have an inmediate change after facing your fears or becoming more assertive, but when the characters around her DO change, she more or less stays the same since season 1.

Fluttershy and Rarity are mine as well. I think she's at least changed a bit. A bit less timid than she used to be, a bit more confident too. Least how I see it.

But if she really hasn't changed much, that's aight, because some people/ponies just should never change~

Not to seem off-topic or anything...
I was lurking around DaFont for a specific font, when I stumbled upon this: http://www.dafont.com/ponyrides.font
Literally, it's like Dash's Cutie Mark in font form; Rainbows, clouds, and lightning bolts.... With the exception of the occasional heart.
...Thought it was pretty neat.

Also, out of curiosity, could that banner I made earlier be used on the OP? Though, we could leave it with the one it's got on right now; I would be fine with it either way.

The reason Flutters never changes is because the writers are really bad about her character. See, shows like this have multiple writers, and every writer has a slightly different writing style. Only problem is, NONE OF THEM WRITE FLUTTERSHY THE SAME. That's why she constantly switches from being a bit shy, to being quiet but nice, to being scared of god damned everything, because every writer writes her completely differently. And it's not like that at all for the other characters, which makes this instance really bad.

Rarity was my favorite originally because I found her the most entertaining with all her etiquette and drama, plus she shares the same voice actress (Tabitha St. Germain) as Shana in the first season of Shakugan no Shana, before FUNimation took over for seasons 2 and 3.

Then it was Luna, because of her use of ROYAL CAPS LOCK. And as it so happens, also voiced by Tabitha St. Germain.

And of course it's now Twilight, as I explained earlier.

Archived