Yugioh: Return of the Numbers! (IC/STARTED/ACCEPTING/PG-13/CO-HOSTED BY GENDO IKARI)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Yugioh: Return of the Numbers

OOC THREAD: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/303986-yugioh-return-of-the-numbers-oocnot-startedacceptingpg-13/

Time: 11:59 AM

Kagaku was impatient. Although patience had always been one of his most favored traits, he had practically kicked it to the curb with his current attitude. I need to know more... These words continued to ring in his head. I need to know more... He had a theory, but no proof. I need to know more... These "Number" cards had something hidden. I need to know more... Although these thoughts seemed to Kagaku to be of his own creation, they were actually the embodiment of his "Number 112: Particle Processor" within his own psyche. His numerous walls of logic and reason had prevented him from being possessed to much of any level, with no Barian Number visible on his body, though the influence was still there. I need to know more... What could it have been? His foot rapidly tapped on the ground, contemplating his whole predicament within the minute before the gates opened. Over the past few years, he had managed to detect whenever a "Number" card entered this dimension through the equipment he had developed, yet only a few weeks earlier he encountered the largest dimensional anomaly of his life. If the observable result of a "Number" entering this world was akin to the ripple created when a pebble is dropped into a pond, this was half-stick of dynamite. He walked to the anomaly location to see if he could find anything, but it was simply an empty beach. This was a wall in his research. He could not get around it. It was a result with no apparent result. He tried to ignore it, but he needed to know. The ripple was far too large to be another Number, but if it wasn't a Number, what could it have -- *BZZZZZZZZZT* A buzzer? What could that mean? Opening his eyes, he promptly recalled his surroundings. He was at the Diamond Cup, his last chance in his quest for knowledge. Yet again, he was startled, this time by a strange man in a black suit and red tie, who was carrying what looked like a guitar case on his back. "Plan on moving today, Doc? I have a duel ahead of me!" Realizing that the buzzer that awoke him from his daydream must have signaled the opening of the gates, with that realization confirmed by the movement around him, he promptly apologized to the strange man, sliding his ID card through a scanner and passed through the turnstyle. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the light of the morning sun filtering down into his bedroom, Roland Hong found it rather difficult to open his groggy eyes, turning himself away from the urging warmth of the sun. The alarm on his clock started to ring to aid the sun’s endeavors, and as the boy reached out to silence it, he decided to heed the call and turned himself to step out of the bed. Hurrying through his morning routine, he wished that there were more hours at night to enjoy the realms of his dreams. Alas, there was no such hope for him, but at least he could find solace in the fact that it was an important day.

Dressed in his favorite white, Chinese-styled clothing, he grabbed both his deck boxes after making sure his decks were in them, and strapped the blue one to his left hip, then the gold one to his right, making sure to match them to his eyes, as was his custom. Making sure his hair was in a ponytail before he walked out the door, he made his way to his destination for greatness; the stadium at the center of Neo Domino. The more he thought about the tournament, though, the more excited he got, and the more passionate he became. By the time he got to the entrance, he was hyped up, and ready to roll. He couldn't move through those gates soon enough, and he was itching for some action.

"Come on, come on! It's dueling time!" he started to chant, unable to control his passion and excitement. He started to tap on his duel disk that was strapped to his arm, almost quivering in anticipation; the tournament couldn't start soon enough for him.

Hyo stood at the gates waiting for them to open, 'eoseo! naneun halu jong-il gajigo issgessji!' (come on! i don't have all day!), he thought, so he sat down on a bench, and let his thoughts go wherever they want...This brought him from 1 tournament, to another, to his parents finding jobs, to him moving out, and the thoughts kept flowing until they stopped when he thought of lunch, 'naneun baegopa...' (I'm hungry.....) so he took some money out of his pocket and went to the nearest coffee shop for a snack, and while he was gone, the gates alredy opened, so he rushed back with a coffee in his hand and a doggybag of the remaints of his food back and presented his id card in a rush, he ran in he accidentaly ran into someone and fell one them which made him spill his coffee on them, thinking 'ttong ttong ttong!' (Shit shit shit!) while saying "sorry sorry sorry!"

Akira wakes up to the sound of his alarm, looking at what date it is he finally gets his chance to show the world his skills at the upcoming duel tournament, as he gets ready Akira can only think about the people he dueling for. He looks outside and says just for you guys. Watch Out Duel Tournament Im Gonna Come At ya and Im gonna win.He Sets his School Duel Disk on his arm as he finds it a special occasion to also represent the school he is from. Akira Deck starts glowing as he see that the Number he has In Possession is excited for this duel. Akira sets out and head for the gates and brings 5 rice balls with him. "All I gotta do Now is just go in there in win" As Akira Runs to the Gates

"We are now arriving in Neo Domino City." Said the on flight operator as the plane landed Bailas was simply at inner peace with himself using the plane to take a meditative nap. Funny uncomfortable sleeping on planes can be, but when one voids their mind of clutter and rampid thought any surface can be as comfortable as a hotel bed. Nevertheless his plane had landed and he was now in the land of murder over card games. He stepped off the plane last because he wasn't in any real rush to go anywhere and he already saw his internet yoga pen-pal Shadi waiting for him with a sign that had his name on it. For his stay in Neo Domino city Bailas was going to stay at a small little apartment complex with a bunch of other practitioners of yoga. Luckily the community is very supportive of each other.

With his new friend Bailas made his way to baggage claim in a calm manner and while they simply chit chatted and exchanged pleasantries Bailas was noticed the TV. It was showing press coverage of the Diamond Cup tournament. Shadi laughed as he knew of Bailas' situation in that this man was in no fashion a professional duelist. "So ready to go show the youngsters how its done?" Shadi joked. Bailas had to let out a chuckle because the joke was funny. I know, I actually hope I do well seeing as some company paid so much money to fly me out here. Though there is one thing that I have been wondering about. And what would that be. Well its this one card Lion Heart. Bailas pulled out the card to show it to friend. I think its special in some kind of way. The second I picked it up I some how sensed its presence as if it were a live and then the number 54 appeared on my hand. Well sounds like a special card to me. Besides I remember reading something about this years ago. I think that there were a group of kids finding out about these "Number" cards. They seem to be pretty strong. It's a Rank 1 anyway can you even use it? Oh yeah my deck of little birds are all level 1's so that's not a problem. Man I wonder what type of matches I'll have to face when I arrive at this tournament. 

Bailas chuckled as did Shadi. They both got Bailas' luggage from the baggage claim and they started making their way to the parking garage where Shadi would drive Bailas to his new home. While on the road Bailas was busy staring out the window wondering about his new adventure he was embarking on. 

Sitting in the back of the limousine, James Orson was sure that he would overcome his enemy this very day. Scrolling through his deck, which he had custom built to defeat Xyz monsters, he grinned to himself. "There is no way that I can lose this. I have spent the last 6 weeks analyzing his tactics, sampling his mindgames, and memorizing his deck. He simply doesn't stand a chance," the vindictive young man was interrupted by the older voice of the driver, "We have arrived. Anything else you would like help with, sir?" Even as the driver was finishing his sentence the man had jumped out of the car, running toward the entrance of the stadium leaving nothing behind but a small pile of cash as payment for the ride. As he charged toward the turnstyles he repeated to himself, "Defeat the card, defeat the duelist. Defeat the card, defeat the duelist!" His ambition got the better of his senses, nearly causing him to crash into a a strange man with a ponytail and two deck boxes. "Tourist," the young star chuckled to himself, ignoring the fact that he himself was a tourist as well. Once he reached the gate, a buzzer sounded, signaling the opening of the entrance. Even then, the person in front of him, a tall man in a labcoat, continued to just stand there, appearing dazed and confused. Impatient and angry, he nearly shouted at the man blocking his path, "Plan on moving today, Doc? I have a duel ahead of me!" He was fairly certain the scientist/nerdy cosplayer apologized, but didn't care as he swiped his card and moved through the gate. Immediately taking in his surroundings, he scanned the area for one thing and one thing only: Firebrand.

Hilda woke Up in her hotel room on the day of the beginning of the tournament in Neo Domino city. She had came to the town early so she could learn her way around. She figured she was going to attempt to make everyone proud with her. She had spent the entire previous day making sure her deck was ready. She knew her way to the dome was but she figured a quick stop at a cafe for breakfast was not going to hurt. She was sure dueling on an empty stomach would be a bad idea in such a big tournament. She watched the television at the restaurant as she was finishing off her meal. The way she saw it as long as she did not lose real quick she would do her home proud. She was still slightly surprised that she had managed to make it all the way her. She knew she needed to be at the Dome soon so she paid for her food and headed back to her hotel room and grabbed her deck and duel disk.  She wanted to clear her mind over breakfast and had slightly succeeded. She was headed towards the dome and looking over her cards making sure everything was in order. She was keeping her number card in the deck box due to the card value to her. She was attempting to make sure all her cards were in order as she wondered how good were all the duelist in the tournament were going to be.  She made it in with no problems but she was standing towards the entrance so she could attempt to get a good look at all the people in the crowd inside. She was still had her cards in her hand when some one came crashing into the back of her. She ended up dropping her main deck all over the ground. She heard as he was saying sorry but she was more focused on getting her cards up. She could actually feel the heat from the coffee that was spilled on her back. She was ignore it in her frantic attempt to get up all her cards. She said, " It is fine I mean You didn't do it on purpose did you." She was not facing the gentleman as she was picking up her cards making sure they were dry.

Hyo got up and offered her a helping hand "Ye (ye is actually yes in korean) i was just in a rush, i'm Hyo." he said and retracted his hand seeing the frantic way the girl was picking her cards up, picking up the cup of coffe and throwing in into the trash can who was conviniently right next to him while mumbling undecypherable korean, something in the style of "I am suck a f***ing idiot" while check if the coffee touched any of his cards, then he opened his doggybag and started eating the remaints of his food, while looking around, relieved when he saw not too much people witnessed this incident, he finished his food and reached with the helping hand once again seeing the girl was almost done collecting her cards.

Jaret walked down the street toward the arena, appearing just as any other average teenage duelist would, with a bright red deck box strapped to his belt and a standard issue D-Pad in his pocket. Inside this D-Pad would be his Constellar deck, a deck created for him with the sole purpose of reinforcing his disguise as an oblivious child. Although his plan did not require him to win the tournament, it would all run much smoother if he did. He had looked at the entry roster beforehand, and taken note of several of the contestants that were known to have numbers and repeated their names as he walked on: "Bailas Gale, Hilda Gardez, Hyo Ga, James Trick, Firebrand, the list goes on..." As he reached the entrance, he noticed a young woman with silver hair, thinking to himself, 'And that must be Hilda...' To be completely honest, he did not care whether her cards were damaged or not, nor whether she was OK. However, he knew that she was a Holder, so he put on his nice face. "Oh, hey! Are you alright? That was quite the spill you had there!" As he did this, he would scan the cards on the ground, looking for what he desired 'Damn. Not there'

Firebrand watched the other contestants flood into the Diamond Cup's location, a large dome like arena for dueling. The dome was a rather marvelous display of the decadent Neo Domino city. He closed one of his eyes and began to see the numbers floating around the crowd, flocking inside like lambs to slaughter. His smirk grew a little with pleasure, for Firebrand knew that the Diamond Cup would yield a good bounty of numbers; now the only thing left for him to do was collect all the numbers from their holders. Firebrand decided to join the crowd and take a closer look at some of his opponents. He descended a long flight of stairs leading to the dome, seemingly staring into space as he walked. The empty eyes of Firebrand were really just scanning everything around him, the duelists, the area, the numbers. 

Taking account of his surroundings Firebrand moved to the main entrance of the dome, scanning it and it's inhabitants as well. He saw an old enemy making a fuss and yelling at a large lanky scientist; he thought it best to avoid the man seeing as he always caused such a fuss. Firebrand knew not to draw unwanted attention, but unfortunately that had probably already been taken considering his odd appearance. Moving to the next gate over swiftly so as to avoid catching Orson's eye he continually scanned the competing duelists, and he noticed how they were all dressed rather plainly, save for a handful of duelists.

Firebrand's attire surely had made him noticed by a number of people already, after all his appearance look like that of a crazed duelist, a voodoo shaman, or more than likely both. Firebrand intended to play off of the idea that most who saw him would think he was mad and incompetent as a duelist, for this would allow him to breeze through some rounds with little resistance. After the crowd understands that he is in fact a pro duelist he would have to start stepping his game up, and that is when things will get really exciting for him. Firebrand lets out a tiny muffled laugh from his smile, he could barely contain all of his excitement  for this tournament. Firebrand reached the gates turnstyle placing a card inside letting the turnstyle let him enter. Entering the duelists waiting area(or main arena depending on how you imagine the arena being built) he began to wait for the others to arrive, taking a seat among the rest placing his staff in his lap for safe keeping.

Slowly walking through the hallway leading to the second gate, Orpheus noticed something strange in the crowd. There was a circular empty space, as if the people were avoiding something, "Firebrand..." His pace hastened as his excitement rose. This was his chance for redemption. His chance to regain his title. His chance to defeat the one who called himself Firebrand. He pushed his way through the crowd, getting nearly close enough to touch him, before a group of strangers intersected the two. 'Not this time. I am not going to just let you escape. Not after what you put me through!' With this he burst through the crowd. Hastily, he walked through the second gate, scanning his card without breaking stride. He quickly came upon Firebrand, relaxing in a chair like the arrogant kid he is. 

Grinning, Orpheus unslung and opened the guitar case on one motion pulling out a guitar-like duel disk. He slung this across his shoulder, discarding the case to the ground while he removed his silver and black Duel Gazer from a slot on his duel-guitar and slipped it onto his face. "You ready for a rematch? Because I have been ready for far too long! Duel!"

"LET'S DUEL!!!"
In a square in a far-off section of the sprawling megatropolis, four duelists were squared off against each other, teamed up in pairs. The first pair were an odd couple, consisting of a handsome tanned man in his mid-20s wearing a three-piece suit of white, complete with a fedora and sunglasses, though his Duel Disk was primarily made out of a blue energy field with the section around his wrist being composed of interlocking silver pieces, and a young woman with the strangest combination of red and light-blue hair, but her Victorian ensemble clashing with the rest of her. Opposite them were another couple, with a hulking man with a long brown mullet, a squat face, a hulking physique, but wearing a blue vest, blue jeans with bare feet, and a white T-Shit proclaiming "THE BEAST", while his partner was a woman with blonde hair tied back into a ponytail, a white blouse, and a similar, yet mush smaller blue vest on her.

??? and ???: 8000 LP
Kathy and Vince: 8000 LP

"I'll go first." The blonde girl, Kathy, started, drawing her card. "I will set a monster facedown, then end my turn." Those very cards materialize on the field, awaiting their reveal.

Kathy: 8000 LP (shared with Vince)
Hand: 5
Monsters: 1 FD (shared with Vince)
Spells/Traps: None (shared with Vince)

"I guess I'll go next." The suit-wearing man proclaimed as he drew. "I will Normal Summon Herbisaurus LV3 in Attack Mode!" As he placed the card down on the blue energy field his Duel Disk emitted, a strange little creature materialized, a little green and brown brontosaurus with fern-like fronds along its arching back appeared and gave off an adorable cry. (1400 ATK|LV3) "And now, Herbisaurus, attack that monster!" The tiny dinosaur charged forwards to attack the facedown monster, which flipped up to reveal a girl with literally fiery hair and a dress made out of blue metal plates, which the dino destroyed with a swipe of his thick tail. "I end my turn by setting a card, and Herbisaurus' effect goes off!" The dino cried out as it started to grow, its brown legs having a greater consistency with tree trunks as its leaves grew, and even more lines of leaves grew out along its back and even down its tail. "Herbisaurus is a special type of monster called a 'LV' monster. Under certain conditions, they can change to become a more powerful version. When my Herbisaurus LV3 destroys a monster by battle, at the end of my turn, I can send him to the Graveyard to bring out Herbisaurus LV5!" The more adult and much bigger dinosaur roars now that it has taken the field. (1700 ATK|LV5)

???: 8000 LP (shared with ???)
Hand: 4
Monsters: Herbisaurus LV5 (1700 ATK|LV5) (shared with ???)
Spells/Traps: 1 FD (shared with ???)
Graveyard: Herbisaurus LV3

"My go." The massive brute named Vince growled, managing to pull a card out of his Duel Disk, which was relatively tiny compared to his large body. "And here's Blue Baboon, Scout of the Forest, in Attack Mode." He threw down the card, and a nimble-looking primate with blue skin, black hair with a slightly dark-blue tinge, and plates of light brown armor materialized, gripping a spear with a serrated stone head. (1600 ATK|LV4) "And he allows me to send a Beast-Type monster from my Deck to my Graveyard so I can then add a Beast-Type monster of the same Level from my hand from my Deck, so Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest, goes to my Graveyard, and Red Baboon, Berserker of the Forest, goes to my hand." Blue Baboon emits a howling shriek as a battle cry, and additional, larger shrieks can be heard in Vince's deck replied, depositing a card in his Graveyard before selecting a card for him to draw. "And once I set this card, that will be that."

Vince: 8000 LP (shared with Kathy)

Hand: 5 (1 is Red Baboon, Berserker of the Forest)
Monsters: Blue Baboon, Scout of the Forest (1600 ATK|LV4) (shared with Kathy)
Spells/Traps: 1 FD (shared with Kathy)
Graveyard: Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest

Finally, it's the red-haired girl's turn, and she draws her card before her strange Duel Disk pops open its Field Spell slot. "The Seal of Orichalcos." She intones. Immediately, a circular barrier of green energy surrounds the quartet, mystical runes around the exterior. Two lines from opposite sides fire out across the ring, tracing a six-pointed star in the ground. A similar figure forms on the forehead of the girl that utilized this, and the eye she has revealed glows red. "Orichalcos Commander." Once she lays down the card, a hole into a void opens up in the seal, and a figure climbs out. The creature clearly used to be human, but has been twisted and changed by the Seal's powers. One of his eyes has a scar over it, while the other is sunken in, and has a reptilian pupil. His blonde hair has grown mangy and wild to fit his more bestial appearance. Similar blonde hair coats his body, though, in some places, striped quills can be seen sticking out of the fur. He still has his armor and one of his swords, but one of his arms has been twisted into bearing a massive claw, and the armor itself seems loose on him. Finally, instead of feet, he has a set of secondary hands, like a monkey. He howls out, showing his sharp teeth, as his eyes glow red and the Seal of Orichalcos forms on his head. (700 ATK|LV3) (700 ATK -> 1200 ATK) "Thanks to Commander, I get another Normal Summon. Orichalcos Huntress." Commander howls again, and another portal emerges, this time, a female figure comes out wearing the rags of a formerly exquisite taming ensemble. She has long blue hair and short blue fur, with a pair of angry red eyes emerging from her feline muzzle. From the torn remnants of her leather gloves, a pair of nasty, serrated bony spines jut out from hidden slits, though she holds the frayed remnants of a whip in her hands. And her legs have bulked up and twisted to become powerful and keen for pouncing. (300 ATK|LV3) (300 ATK -> 800 ATK) "I set. I end." Meanwhile, her partner seems to be affected by the Seal, the green sigil forming on his forehead, until a white Number lights up on his left hand, and the Seal fades away. Similarly, Herbisaurus LV5 seems immune to the shared power of the Seal.

???: 8000 LP (shared with ???)

Hand: 3
Monsters: Orichalcos Commander (1200 ATK|LV3), Orichalcos Huntress (800 ATK|LV3), Herbisaurus LV5 (1700 ATK|LV5) (shared with ???)
Spells/Traps: The Seal of Orichalcos (Field), 2 FD (shared with ???)

Across the city, in a massive tower, a woman with white and black hair and a gorgeous purple and black business suit watches this particular duel from a command center. She grins upon seeing the Seal and whispers to herself. "My, my, will these two be interesting..."

[spoiler=Cardex]

Laval Lakeside Lady

Herbisaurus LV3
Herbisaurus LV5

Blue Baboon, Scout of the Forest
Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest
Red Baboon, Berserker of the Forest

The Seal of Orichalcos
Orichalcos Commander
Orichalcos Huntress

[/spoiler]

Roland was almost pacing back and forth past the gate, waiting for the tournament to officially start, when he heard a small commotion near him. It seemed that there was a rivalry about, and one member of that wanted revenge for a previous loss. There was no way that he was going to just stand idly by and let someone else have some action before he did! It was time to duel, be it for stats or not! It didn't matter that one of them looked like he belonged in some bayou down in the swamp, either one of them was going down!

Swiftly working his way there, Roland's ponytail swayed in the wind, almost elegantly as his agile maneuvers. "I don't think so!" he called out, as if he was an acquaintance to both of them. "There's no way either of you are getting any action before me! It's my time to shine brighter than both of you! Which one of you is man enough to face the likes of Roland Hong?! Pick your fate: Blue or Gold?!" Without even thinking that one of the possible outcomes would be that he would be rebuffed, he activated his duel disk, awaiting the decision of who would face him and against which of his decks.

Orpheus was startled by this sudden entrance, quickly reasoning whether to take on his original opponent or this new guy. 'If I take the time to duel this one, Firebrand could escape. Then again, who am I to deny this man the honor of dueling somebody like me? He could have been waiting his whole life to face me. He could have a poster of me in his bedroom. I can't deny this man of his dream!' Suddenly sure of himself, he refocused on Roland, fire in his eyes. "Very well then. You can serve as an opener for the Main Event!" At this he would activate the Augmented reality system, initiating the duel between the two. "I'll take on gold deck! Duel!"

"Since you challenged me, I will take the opening move! Draw!" With these words the performer would draw five cards, and then a sixth. "First, I will normal summon my Trident Warrior!" As he placed a card down on his guitar, a muscular man wearing high-tech green armor and wielding a golden trident would appear in front of him. "Now his effect allows me to special summon a level three monster from my hand. I will choose my Feedback Warrior!" His Trident Warrior would then throw his weapon into the ground nearby, with each point forming a star, and those stars forming a man wearing an armor of speakers. "Feedback Warrior's effect allows me to change the level of a monster I control to three, which I will use on my Trident Warrior! Now, with my two level three monsters, I form the Overlay Network, summoning Melomelody, the Brass Djinn  in attack position!" Feedback Warrior would turn a small knob on its wrist, a sound waves would fire out of its speakers at Trident Warrior. The two monsters would then become orbs of light, one brown and one yellow. As Orpheus hits a  chord on his guitar, a small devil-like creature forms between the orbs. "I will set two cards face-down and end my turn!" (assuming no response)

Orpheus: 8000 lifepoints

Cards in Hand: 2

Cards in Deck: 34

Cards in Grave: 0

Cards on Field: Melomelody (1400 ATK, 1600 DEF, 2 overlays) 2 FD Spell/trap cards.

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Melomelody the Brass Djinn: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Melomelody_the_Brass_Djinn

Trident Warrior: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Trident_Warrior

Feedback Warrior: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Feedback_Warrior

[/spoiler]

Akira starts arriving at the arena and too his surprises his friend challenges him to a duel. Akira Wonders What his Friend Gero Is doing here "Why Are You Here Gero" and he response "To Test Your Skills Akira to see your ready for this tournament". Akira replies" Well then let's get this over with then.D Gazer Set Duel Disk Set Let's Due lAkira: 8000 Lp's, Gero: 8000 Lp's,Gero Hand: 5 Turn 1: He Draws One Card and now has (6 Cards In Hand). Then he Set's A Monster Down and Sets 2 cards face down.They begin to materialize." I Will End My Turn With That" says Gero.

Turn 2 Akira Hand: 5 Akira: 8000 Lp's,Gero: 8000 Lp's ,Akira draws one card. (6 Cards In Hand.)"I Special Summon Photon Thrasher in Attack Position" The Warrior Materialized on The Field. Photon Thrasher: Level 4 Atk 2100 Def 0. "Then I Normal Summon Galaxy Wizzard In Attack Position" As the Wizzard Materialized on his Monster Zone. (Galaxy Wizzard: Lvl 4 Atk 0 Def 1800)"Now it's Time to Xyz Summon, I Summon Photon Valkyrie" Photon Valkyrie. Rank 4  Atk 2400 Def 2000. The Beautiful Warrior Materialized on Akira Side of the Field "Now Photon Valkyrie Attack His Face Down" Constellar Omega Attacks Face Down Monster and reveals itself to be A Mystic Elf (Lvl 4 Atk 800 Def 2000).(2400>2000) The Beautiful Warrior Destroy's the Spellcaster Mystic Elf."I Set's One Card Face Down and Ends My Turn With That" As The Set Card Materialized.

Turn 3:Both Lp's 8000,Akira Field: One Set Spell or Trap 1 Monster,Gero Field:Two Set Spells or Traps 0 Monster ,Hand: 3,He Draws One Card."I Summon Rescue Rabbit" The Rabbit Begins to Materialize. "I activate it's Effect By Banishing it I Can Summon two Normal Monster The Monster I Chose is Dark Blade" He Sends the Rescue Rabbit to the Banish Zone then looks for the 2 Dark Blades to special summon. He finds the  Dark Blades and they begin to Materialize. "Now It's Time XYZ Summon Come Out Heroic Champion" The Mighty Warrior Materialize With Rank 4 Atk 2000 and Def 2000. "Not So Fast" Says Akira " I activate Solemn Warning" The Trap Card is Revealed and Destroy's the Might Warrior."Shoot I will end my turn with that" Says Gero

Turn 4,Akira Lp's: 8000,Gero Lp's: 8000,Akira Field: 1 Monster No Spells or Traps,Gero Field:Two Set Spells or Traps 0 Monster,Akira Hand : 3 He Draws One Card. "I Activates the Spell Card Mystical Space Typhoon and Now I Get to Destroy One of Your Spells or Trap Gero and I chose the one on the far left" A Magical Typhoon Appears and Wipes the Card Away. "Now Attack My Photon Valkyrie Uses Photon Fire" Akira Declare's a Direct Attack On Gero. It hits and Gero Loses 2400 Life Points. "Not Bad For an Idiot" Says Gero. Akira Grins " I will end my turn by setting this card face down" The Card Materialize and ends Akira's Turn

Turn 4:

Akira Field: 1 Set Spell or Trap and One Monster,Gero Field: 1 Set Spell or Trap,Gero Hand: 2,Gero Lp's: 5600,Akira's Lp's :8000 He Draw's One."I Activate Swords of Revealing Light and then i Activate My Set Spell Card Hand Destruction Now Both of Us Discard two cards to Draw 2 cards".Both of them  Discard 2 Cards then Draws there two cards, Akira discarded his Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon and Photon Thrasher while Gero Discarded 2 Swords of Revealing Light."I Will End My Turn Akira"As Gero Thinks for plan to come up with to defeat Akira."I need him not to destroy my Swords of Revealing Light For it To All Work Out" Said Gero as he thinks to him self

Turn 5: Gero Lp's: 5600, Akira's Lp's :8000,Akira Field: 1 Set Spell or Trap and One Monster,Gero Field: 1 Swords of Revealing Lights,Akira Hand: 3 He Draw's One Card. "I activate the Spell Card Photon Santuary this allows me to Special summon 2 Photon Token's" (Lvl 4 Atk 2000 Atk Def 0)The Two Tokens Shine as Bright As A Star as they appear. "I Activate the Effect of Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon By Tributing 2 Monster with 2000 or More Attack I Can Special Summon it. Come To Me Dragon Of the Galaxy" The Tokens disappear and Then a Galaxy Eyes Trident Appears in Akira's hand and he throws it "GALAXY EYES PHOTON DRAGON" Then Beautiful Dragon of the Galaxy Appears (LVL 8 3000 Atk 2500 Def) "I activate Call of Haunted To Special Summon my Second Galaxy Photon Dragon" Another Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Appears as it Shows off its Majestic Beauty "I Then Overlay these two Monster to create the  XYZ Network Come to Me Hieratic Sun Dragon Of the Overlord" The King of the Hieratic Dragons Materialize to Its Royal Treament (Rank 8 3000 Atk and 2500 Def) "I activate it's Effect By Detaching One Materials I can tribute or Discard any amount of cards to destroy that many on the field I discard Photon Kaiser to Destroy Swords of  Revealing Light." Akira sends the card to the graveyard to pay the cost of its effect. "WHAT!?" Says Gero to his Surprise"Now I Special Summon Photon Slayer Since I Control an XYZ Monster It Can Come Out Without Tribute" The Photon Slayer Materialize as a Amazing Warrior "Now I Attack Your Life Points Directly Go Overlord" The Hieratic King Uses his  Sun Dragon Blast "Go Photon Valkyrie"  The Dazzling Warrior User Her Photon Sandstrom "Go Photon Slayer" Slashes The Life points of Gale with Galactic Slash."That is Game Now I gotta get to the gate"  "Before You Go take this" Gale Hands Him A Photon Archeress "Good Luck And Win" Says Gale" "Thanks I promise i won't let you down" Said AkiraAkira heads for the gate and as he arrives he feels the presence of other Numbers.  "What is this Feeling there are So many strong people even Number Holders I Can't Wait" Akira Jumps in Joy as he Feels there Presence "I Hope there All Strong".

Roland smirked as his challenge was accepted, and immediately grabbed the deck located in his gold duel box and loaded it into the duel disk in one, fluid motion. "Wrong choice," he said as he drew his five cards, and his golden eye glinted. He could feel the heat and anticipation flowing through his veins, a familiar sensation that gave him the motivation in each duel he was in. Already, his opponent had conducted an Xyz Summon, though it was a weak one. Still, with such speed, perhaps it could match his own pace...enthralling!

Taking his turn, Roland drew his card, then took just a bit of time to study what he could do. Without too much thought, he knew what his best option would be. "Let's liven it up!" he declared, running a hand back through his ponytail before making his move. "First, I'll be laying down my continuous spell, Be of Good Cheer!" As the card materialized on the field, what seemed to be a little cheering squad appeared in front of Roland, complete with megaphones and confetti. 

"Before I explain what it does, I'll activate my Subterranean Rose!" As the spell activated, a large rose bud appeared in the center of the field, opened fully. "This will let me shuffle a Subterranean monster in my hand into the deck, then I can send a different Subterranean from my deck to the grave! Since she won't do me much good in the hand, I'll shuffle my Subterranean Yuugi into the deck!" While he put the strong woman with a sake dish and large, red horn sticking out of her head into the deck, her image appeared in the rose bud, which swallowed her before dispersing. "And in her place, I'll send my Subterranean Kisume to the grave!" What seemed to be just a simple bucket then started to fall from the sky, and a small chasm of fire opened in the center of the field, just big enough to catch the bucket, then quickly went away.

"Now I'll explain Be of Good Cheer! Since I sent a Subterranean monster from the deck to the grave, I can add a different one from my deck to my hand, so long it's Level 4 or lower. I'll choose my Subterranean Satori!" The cheering squad started to make a racket as Roland dug for his monster, then seemed to tire themselves out, He then grinned as he kept digging. "It just so happens that, even though it's a spell, Subterranean Rose resolves as if it were a Subterranean monster, which is key to activating my monsters' effects! Kisume will also let me bring a Level 4 or lower Subterranean monster from my deck to my hand, and I'll add another Kisume!" 

With both cards added to his hand, Roland seemed to be confident that he was in control. "Now, I'll summon the Subterranean Satori I just added to my hand!" As he laid the card down, what seemed to be a young girl with purple hair and elegant clothes materialized on the field. Around her chest seemed to be a red eye with heart strings wrapped around her to keep it attached. "Now that I've Normal Summoned her, I can send another Subterranean monster from my deck to the grave, and I choose to send another Subterranean Satori!" Once again, a chasm of fire opened at the center of the field, and another Satori fell from the sky and into the chasm. However, the eye on her detached, then wrapped itself around one of Orpheus's face-down cards. "Since she was sent by a Subterranean monster, Satori is going to destroy one of your Set cards!" Constricting until it was far too tight, causing whatever the face-down card was to shatter.

Confident that he was secure enough to do so, Roland moved into his Battle Phase. "Now, Satori, attack his Melomelody!" Raising up her arms, several knives appeared behind the Satori, and they all started to fly right at the little Djinn. No matter the outcome, Roland was still prepared to do his next move. "I'll now place two cards face down, and that will end my turn!"

Roland: 8000 LP

Hand: 2

Deck: 31

Grave: Subterranean Rose, Subterranean Kisume, Subterranean Satori

Monsters: Subterranean Satori (1800/900, ATK)

S/T: 2 face-down

Cards seen: [spoiler=]Xc83NoI.jpg

G3aE39S.jpg

mVG2P8q.jpg

r2ti1h4.jpg

DU0VRGy.jpg[/spoiler]

Orpheus was dazed by the show of fire and... buckets. Despite how admittedly confused he was, he knew one thing, and it was that this jerk was trying end his Melomelody's performance early. 'And with such speed... A strategy like this is making even me feel slow. Additionally, he hasn't summoned a single Xyz monster yet, so my deck is only running at about half capacity.' Looking up from the cards to see his Dark Bribe destroyed and a monster charging at his Djinn, Orpheus laughed, "Do you really think that I would let my performer be taken down that easily? I activate my facedown quick-play spell card: Forbidden Lance! Not only does it reduce your monster's attack points by 800, it also prevents it from being affected by other spells and traps for the rest of this turn, so you can't boost it back up!" As the spell is activated, a long spear appears in Melomelody's hands, which Subterranean Satori impales itself on before being destroyed in its own attack, dealing 400 damage to Roland (Roland: 8000 -> 7600 LP). 

"Now it is my turn again! Draw!" As Orpheus draws his third card, he smiles. "Excellent! I normal summon my Tour Guide From the Underworld! Her effect allows me to summon a Level Three Fiend-Type monster from my deck, so I choose my Dark Resonator!" As he plays the monster from his hand, a shimmering glow heralds the appearance of yet another devilish monster, this one wearing formal attire and a neat little hat. As she hits the field, a bus drives in from behind. The doors open, and out floats a hunched over being with a skull-like mask and tuning fork in hand. "Now that I have two more level three monsters, I can form the Overlay Network yet again! However, this time I won't be summoning one of my Djinns. No, what they need right now is some backstage support! Come on out, Mechquipped Angineer!" Out of the two purple orbs would form a mechanical being that seemed to be shaped in the form of an angel. "Now I activate Melomelody's effect! By detatching one overlay unit in the form of Feedback Warrior, Melomelody can attack twice during this battle phase! Now, Melomelody and Mechquipped Angineer, attack his lifepoints directly!"

(all three attacks landing would deal 4600 damage, assuming no response)

Orpheus: 8000 Lifepoints

Deck: 32

Grave: Forbidden Lance, Feedback Warrior, Dark Bribe

Field: Mechquipped Angineer (1800/1000, 2 Units attached) Melomelody (1400/1000, 1 Unit attached)

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Forbidden Lance: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_Lance

Melomelody: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Melomelody_the_Brass_Djinn

Dark Bribe: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Bribe

Mechquipped Angineer: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mechquipped_Angineer

Tour Guide From the Underworld: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tour_Guide_From_the_Underworld

Dark Resonator: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Resonator

[/spoiler]

All Roland could do was brace himself, since his Satori was ambushed by a Lance. He covered his arms over his chest as the flurry of blows rained upon him. It was all he could do to keep himself on his feet, the force blowing his hair and white clothing in the breeze. "Ngh..." he let out after the impact subsided, "...d-don't think you can fell me with something like that! My draw!"

Drawing into his next card, though, Roland saw little he could do in the way of speeding things along. Still, if his opponent's monsters would just stay at that particular ATK range, he could hold in there. "I'll be laying a monster face-down, as well as a card behind it!" he declared, as if he was still pulling an offensive. "That will have to end my turn for now, but it won't be my last!"

Roland: 3000 LP

Hand: 1

Deck: 30

Grave: Subterranean Rose, Subterranean Kisume, Subterranean Satori, Subterranean Satori

Monsters: 1 face-down DEF

S/T: 3 face-down

Hilda was frantically picking up her cards and she was just glade to see that none of them where damaged. She was starting to notice that the back of her jacket was wet from the coffee. She still wanted to get all her cards up off the ground before her cards got messed up. She was not going to let this little indecent put a damper on her day as it seemed as if she had drawn someone else over to her little issue. She got up once she collected all her cards. She was shocked to see this stranger being so friendly. She did not accept the other guys help as she put her cards back in her deck box which was clipped to the back of her belt. She was up and removed her jacket to see if the coffee left a stain on the back. She said, " I am fine that was not that bad. " She had no idea who she was talking to as she put her jacket back on due to the fact that she preferred to have it on. She looked around now that her cards were back into their box she noticed a duel going on nearby. She was not sure it was going to be a good one or not so she deiced to leave it alone. She Figured that she may as well find someone who had not seen her cards to duel to be safe. She really did not want to be at a  disadvantage. She had to say before she attempted to walk away, " It is nice to meet both of you but I am going to go over there okay. "  She began to attempt to walk away from the two males. She had no intentions of dueling either of the two men who just saw her cards on the ground.  

Thrilled about all three of his attacks landing, Orpheus looked back at the field. His opponent's chance at a comeback climaxed at nothing more than a face-down monster. 'That face-down card in his spell and trap card zone almost certainly isn't anything that could stop an attack, otherwise he would have already used it. Now that monster oughtn't be an issue, considering my Angineer's 1800 attack points. Wait! That could be the other monster he searched on his first turn, which had, what? 2600 defense points? Yeah. 2600 sounds right. And it is way too big for either my Angineer or my Djinn.' Speaking aloud now, Orpheus shouted "Well NOW what am I going to do? I can't get past 2600 defense! How is that much even on a monster that can be normal summoned? Well, let's have fate decide! Draw!'

Orpheus would draw a card, once again reaching three cards. "OK! I... I... I SET A CARD AND END MY TURN!" panicking, Orpheus sets a card in his spell and trap card zone and ends, incapable of dealing with his momentary indecision on how to kill a monster with 2600 defense points.

Orpheus: 8000 LP

Deck: 31

Grave: Forbidden Lance, Feedback Warrior, Dark Bribe

Monsters: Mechquipped Angineer (1800/1000, 2 Units attached) Melomelody (1400/1000, 1 Unit attached)

S/T: 1 face-down 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, outside the gate, Jaret follows Hilda, putting on an extremely apologetic expression. He stammers quietly, "Wait... w-what's wrong? D-did I say something? I'm n-not going to challenge you t-to duel or anything, don't worry. I-i'm terrible at it" at this point he would touch Hilda's elbow in a way that could be found most akin to a child asking an adult in a supermarket if they have seen their parent. His Number would assist the lie, subtly altering the minds of those around him to feel sympathetic toward him. "I-i really am sorry..."

Despite being in his passionate state, Roland couldn't quite comprehend what his opponent's fuss was all about. Something about 2600 DEF? What made him think he had a monster with that much face-down? Sure, he wasn't that far off, but it was still a rather ridiculous fear. Still, it was something that could help buy him an extra turn. Not that his opponent's monsters could get through his face-down, but still, it was something.

"Well, while you cower over there, I'll be busy winning the duel!" he declared as he drew. Looking at it and the other card in his hand, he knew that he needed more options, though he had the card that could give him some. "I'll be playing Large Box and Small Box now!" he said, and as the card hit the field, two boxes with question marks on them appeared, and the chasm of fire opened once more. "With this, I can shuffle the three Subterranean monsters into my deck to draw two more cards!" The lid to the larger box opened up, and out from the chasm it sucked up the two Satori and the Kisume that was in the grave, then closed the lid. The smaller box opened up after Roland shuffled his monsters into the deck and gave him two cards, symbolizing the two cards he drew.

After giving it some thought, Roland felt that he had a good plan in motion. It wasn't much he could do, but it was still better than what he had. "Now, I'll flip up one of my traps; it's the continuous trap, Blazing Wheel!" As it flipped up, a ring of fire surrounded Orpheus. "Now, whenever I send a Subterranean monster from my deck to the grave, you have to mill the top card of your deck! Expect to be doing that a lot!" 

A smirk played across Roland's face as he prepared to make his next move. "Now, I'll flip up the ever-so-frightening Subterranean Kisume!" His monster flipped up, and a bucket appeared. From out of the bucket, a girl popped up her head, green hair and a white robe upon her. "Since she's been flipped up, I can send a Level 4 or lower Subterranean monster from my deck to the grave, and I choose Subterranean Yuugi!" The chasm opened once more, but instead of falling into the flames, the tall woman with the red horn sticking out of her head caught onto the edge with one arm, then pulled herself up and onto the field, sake dish in her hand. "Yuugi doesn't like the grave much, though, so she'll instead be Special Summoned to the field!" After that, the cheering squad started to cheer once more. "And now I'll be of good cheer, as I get to add another Subterranean to my hand; I'll choose another of my Subterranean Satori!" After the whole chain of events, the flames around Orpheus grew hotter, flaring up and scorching his deck, forcing him to mill.

Two monsters on his side of the field, but he didn't even normal summon yet. "Now, I'll be summoning Subterranean Parsee!" The monster hit the field, and a blonde woman with jealous green eyes appeared, "With her effect, I can tribute another Subterranean to send another from the deck to the grave! I'll tribute Kisume to send another Satori to the grave!" As stated, the bucket girl Kisume leaped into the reopened chasm of fire, and a Satori fell from the sky to follow after her. The eye detached as before, and crushed the face-down card Orpheus had just set. Then, once more, the flames around Orpheus grew in intensity, burning away another card from him.

Feeling that the tables had finally turned in his favor, Roland went back to the offensive and shifted to his battle phase. "Now, Parsee, attack his Melomelody, and Yuugi, smash his Angineer!" His Parse clasped one hand over her wrist, then a storm of green orbs fell onto Melomelody, while Yuugi charged forward and attempted to punch Angineer square in wherever looked like its face (Should Yuugi be successful in destroying Angineer, Roland will send a Yamame to the grave, and force Orpheus to mill yet another card). Though that certainly didn't do as much damage to him as his opponent had done to him, it still felt satisfying. "With that, I'll set one more card face-down, then end my turn and leave you to pick up the pieces." He then felt the need to add in, "Oh, it was only 2100 DEF, by the way."

Roland: 3000 LP

Deck: 27 (26 if Yuugi sends)

Grave: Subterranean Rose, Large Box and Small Box, Subterranean Satori, Subterranean Kisume

Monsters: Subterranean Parsee (1700/600; ATK), Subterranean Yuugi (2000/1000; ATK)

S/T: Blazing Wheel, 3 face-down

Cards Used: [spoiler=]3dzeS5H.jpg

XoP8WPx.jpg

DU0VRGy.jpg

G3aE39S.jpg

pfsxaDH.jpg

r2ti1h4.jpg[/spoiler]

It was a quick excursion to get Bailas to his new home from the airport. Not much to do but put his bags down. While conversing Bailas had noticed that Shadi didn't have any particular plans and with that he wondered if his friend wouldn't mind tagging along with him on this adventure. Shadi honestly was the most suited companion. While he wasn't a pro he definitely knew more about the world of dueling than Bailas did. That and he was a native of Neo-Domino City so he knew the lay out of the city better than the Bailas did anyway. Shadi naturally obliged with this request and the two set out on there way to go back to tournament grounds. They both already new But there wasn't any point in stressing over it, what happened happened. 

While getting in the car Bailas finally took note of his surroundings. He noted that he was in the poorer side of town. This actually made him smile. It was a tad refreshing and humbling. He wouldn't have felt right in some fancy hotel this was quaint and pleasant. When the two got in Shadi's car to make it to the grounds Shadi recommended a shortcut. After a couple twist and turns Shadi and Bailas found themselves almost out of the neighborhood rather expediently until they saw a glowing green light that caught their attention. Naturally the two let curiosity take hold of them and simply ventured as to what could be going on. 

When they stopped the car and got out it was clearly that it seemed to be some form of Tag Duel taking place. They laughed as they were getting ringside seats to what looked to be a fun match. Bailas looked to Shadi and asked "So this is what its like dueling for real isn't it?" "Well yeah, but this isn't anything that serious. Let's just watch. We don't want to be rude. Right right. Bailas was getting a little excited watching dueling events go down with his friend like this. Having not dealt with the sport in any meaningful way he was new to this kind of format. maybe he was going to learn something.

Ryan was sitting in a cafe outside of the stadium; he was drinking a small cup of coffee, and had been there since seven in the morning. He wasn't quite sure what to do, so he just stayed there. He had woken up at his usual time, five in the morning, and went about his morning routine. He would've attempted to go back to sleep, but decided against it. Ryan, still sitting at the table, checked his belt to make sure his deck box was still there. He then opened his backpack that sat on the table, checking to make sure his Duel Disk was there. Ryan stood up and sighed, walking out of the cafe and stood in front of the stadium. 'I am supposed to be here now, aren't I...?' he thought to himself. 'Oh well. Maybe I'm early.'

Hyo was walking torwards the coffee shop to get some coffee because he heard the coffee there was better than the one from the coffee shop across the street, and he also didn't want to walk that far for his drink, while walking he was chacking his bag to see if his cards and duel disk and everything else was dry and still there, and while walking he almost ran into another person, when he put down his bag and stopped before crashing again, he then closed his bag and put it back on his bag, and then he asked the person: "Hey, do you happen to know in the coffee shop here is open, also are you a     participant?" then he waiting for the person's answer.

Ryan had decided to rest his eyes for a moment when someone practically walked into him. He opened his eyes when the person asked him the question and said softly, "Yes, it's open..." he yawned. "The coffee's kinda weak though." He flipped some of his red hair out of his eyes and replied, "Participant? You mean in the Diamond Cup, eh?" Ryan nodded. "Yeah, I am." he said, yawning a little. "Am I right to assume that you are, eh?" Ryan rubbed his eyes; the coffee had done practically nothing to wake him up. Ryan closed his eyes once more and rubbed them again. "By the way, do you know what time it is?"

Archived