Yugioh: Return of the Numbers! (IC/STARTED/ACCEPTING/PG-13/CO-HOSTED BY GENDO IKARI)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Hyo replied to the person: "Why yes, i am a participant in the diamond cup, and it's not time for the tournament yet, there are still 30 minutes. Also, i heard the coffee here is the best at a 5 miles radius, which isn't really a compliment, but i wonsder if it's better than the coffe from the shop across the street, also...nabul jungji!" (Stop Babbling!) He screamed softly what he was thinking "Oh this i say that out loud?" he laughed, a little embarassed 'eotteon babo, geulsse, jeog-eodo geuneun naleul ihaehaji moshanda' (What an idiot, well, atleast he didn't understand me.) "Anyways, as i was saying, i was looking for a warmup before the competition begins, would you like a duel?" he asked, taking out his duel disk and his deck and readying himself for a warmup duel. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Alright then," Ryan said, "thirty minutes, eh? And the coffee's not bad, just not strong." Ryan was kind of confused when the guy started talking in a different language. "What language was that?" he asked quietly. He yawned a little. "Never mind." Ryan tugged on the drawstring of his backpack for a moment, then nodded. "Sounds good. A duel would be some good warmup for the tournament." Ryan opened his backpack and pulled out his duel disk. He smiled a little bit and said, "My name's Ryan, by the way." He placed the duel disk on his arm.

'This guy is starting to get annoying... My deck is designed to counter Xyz-based strategies, and he hasn't summoned a single Xyz monster yet! I was so close to winning, but his deck is so fast!' All Orpheus could do was watch as a flurry of monsters was sent from his opponent's deck to the grave, with each one lowering Orpheus' own deck further, sending both his Bri Synchron and his Solemn Warning directly to his graveyard. Clenching his fist, he simply stood by as his face-down card, Xyz Gift, was destroyed as well. 

"Come on, is that all you've got? My Grandmother could duel better than that, and all she does is sleep!" As he threw the insult at his opponent, however, the green orbs collided with his Djinn, shattering into what looked like virtual bits of glass flying through the air. One orb, however, managed to find its way through, and hit Orpheus square in the chest (8000 -> 7700). "I will admit, that was a nice move. Your second strike, however," at this he would point at the charging Subterranean Yuugi, "won't be nearly as successful! I activate my Mechquipped Angineer's effect! By detaching an overlay unit -- this time it will be Dark Resonator -- I can turn one of my attack position monsters to defense, then that monster can't be destroyed by battle or by card effects for the rest of the turn! Go! Spectral Shield!" 

The strange robotic fairy would assume a defensive stance, firing one of its overlay units between it and Yuugi. The small glowing sphere would stretch out into a shield as it collides with the attacking monster, stopping Yuugi just short of destroying his Angineer. The shield would then reform into a sphere around the mechanical angel, protecting it from further harm. "Did you really think that such an advanced machine could be destroyed by a tactic as simple as that? Of course, you did defeat Melomelody, which I will admit was impressive. Don't get your hopes up, kid! It's not going to happen again!" Orpheus smirked as he sat behind his impenetrable shield for the remainder of his opponent's turn.

"Now it is my turn for a comeback! Draw!" Orpheus looked at the cards in his hand, putting together the ideas to form a coherent strategy. "Ok! First off, those face-down cards of yours are worrisome, so I will take care of them with the spell card Heavy Storm, which destroys all spells and traps on the field. Considering you destroyed my only one during your last turn, I suppose it is a pretty good deal for me!" As he set his card down on the correct zone of his duel-guitar, the Augmented Reality wind began to pick up, quickly reaching hurricane forces, tearing his opponents spells and traps off of the battlefield. After the storm subsided, Orpheus would move the card into his graveyard slot.

"After that, I will normal summon the next card from my hand: Dark Bug!" Considering how dramatic its summon was, the monster was actually quite underwhelming: a tiny little spider-like creature with a series of cubes for a midsection, sporting only 100 attack and defense points. "Don't be fooled by its appearance: This monster is actually very powerful! You see, when I normal summon Dark Bug, it crawls into my graveyard and brings back with it a level three tuner monster. You know, like the Dark Resonator I detached from Angineer last turn!" As he says it the peculiar little creature did just that. It crawled up his leg and onto his duel-guitar, making its way into his graveyard slot. A moment later, it would appear again in front of the duelists, sitting on the shoulder of Dark Resonator. "Now, my Dark Resonator will tune my Dark Bug! Synchro Summon level four! Take the stage, Balmung, Fighter from the Underworld!" Orpheus' Dark Resonator would then lose its opacity, becoming noting more than an outline that quickly reshapes itself into glowing rings, floating in the air. Orpheus' Dark Bug would jump through the circles of light, transforming into a knight wearing dark blue and black armor, with a massive sword resting on his shoulder.

"Now, I turn my Mechquipped Angineer to attack position so that it can once again protect itself if needed. Now, Mechquipped Angineer! Attack Subterranean Parsee!" The robotic being abandoned its defensive position and, it's eye turning red, locked on to Subterranean Parsee and charged forward, using rockets on its back to boost it onward. (1800 ATK). "And then to top things off, Balmung, attack Subterranean Yuugi! Underworld Slash!" The dark knight, in the blink of an eye, would be in front of Yuugi, swinging its sword at her with full force (2100 ATK). "And with that, I will be done"

Orpheus: 7700 LP

Hand: 1

Deck: 27

Grave: Forbidden Lance, Feedback Warrior, Dark Bribe, Dark Resonator, Melomelody, Trident Warrior, Bri Synchron, Xyz Gift, Heavy Storm, Dark Bug, Solemn Warning

Monsters: Mechquipped Angineer (1800/1000, Tour Guide attached) Balmung (2100/800)

S/T: nothing

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Dark Bug: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Bug

Balmung, Fighter from the Underworld: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Balmung%2C_Fighter_from_the_Underworld

Solemn Warning: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Solemn_Warning

Bri Synchron: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bri_Synchron

Heavy Storm: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Storm

Xyz Gift: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Gift

[/spoiler]

As Akira Heads to the Gate to finalize his ticket inside to the diamond cup.... "Wow there are so many people, I wonder who i am going to meet here" Akira is amazed of all the duelist participating this is new to him since he is so use to just dueling at school "I Can't Wait to duel all these People I'm Gonna Beat them All Just Watch" Said Akira with the biggest grin on his face. " I've done so much to get here and I'm Not Gonna Ruin this chance" says Akira, " I want to win one for all the unfortunate ones back home and then maybe we can better our lifes in the dumps" says Akira.
"Now how do i get into the front of the line without being caught" He Thinks " Ah Yea I Know" Akira crawls under everybody legs so that he wouldn't be notice until he reaches the 2nd person on the front of the line.

"That'll be $10 please." The cabbie said as Silver handed him a $10 note. Exiting the taxi, Silver breathed a sigh of relief now that he was steps away from the gates to the stadium. The cabbie was initially surprised when Silver asked to take him to Neo Domino, but he understood his intentions when he had laid eyes on the stadium before parking. Looking at his deck, he thought to himself. "With this deck, I'm ready to face the challenges that this tournament will throw at me." Approaching the gates, he swiped his ID card and went through the turnstyles just as others before him and done so.

Looking at the competition, Silver grinned and nodded, and from out of nowhere, a voice called out to him. "Hey you want a practice duel before the tournament starts?" Silver turned in the direction of the voice and smirked. "Sure I'll duel you." The 2 boys stepped outside and into an empty space ready to duel. The lad, named Karl, activated his D-Gazer and D-Disk, whilst the blades on Silver's duel disk opened up.

Turn 1: Karl
Silver LP: 8000
Karl LP: 8000

"Duel!" Both players shouted in unison as they each drew 5 cards from their decks. Karl swiftly drew another card from his deck, implying that he would have the first move. "First of all, I Servant of the Red-Eyes."

Servant of the Red-Eyes
DARK/*1/Spellcaster
If this card is targeted for an attack or by a card effect; Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from your hand or Graveyard.
400/200

"I then use my Fusion Sage to add Polymerization to my hand, and then I place 2 cards face-down and end my turn." The turn passed hands to Silver who drew a card from his deck.

Deck: 33
Hand: 3
Grave: Fusion Sage
Field: Servant of the Red-Eyes
S/T: 2 face downs

Turn 2: Silver

"I draw!" Taking a look at his hand, Silver considered his options. "Hmm, he's planning on a fusion summon, well I'll put a stop to that." Taking another look at his hand, he knew exactly what to do. "I summon Noble Knight Artorigus!" (ATK: 1800)

"I activate my Compulsory Evacuation Device, which allows me to return 1 monster on the field to their hand." Silver was annoyed by this turn of events knowing that Artorigus might go back to his hand, however Karl assumed that Silver would be thinking that. "Contrary to what you're thinking, I'm using my trap on my own Servant and his ability allows me to summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon from my hand!" (ATK: 2400) Servant then returns to Karl's hand and Red-Eyes emerges in its place.

"Hmmm... Plan B, since I control a LIGHT Normal monster, I can Special Summon Noble Knight Gawayn!" (DEF: 500) As soon as Red-Eyes appeared, Silver knew he had to change his strategy, but no matter he was confident that he would be victorious in this fight. "Now I'll overlay my two monsters to Xyz Summon Heroic Champion - Excalibur!" (ATK: 2000)

The sight of Silver's Xyz monster had slightly worried Karl as he thought that it would dent his strategy, but this was just an act as he knew how to handle the situation. "I activate Threatening Roar, looks like you'll get no attack this turn."

Silver had felt the force of the wind coming from Karl's face-down and was pushed back a couple centimetres. "Fine, I'll place 2 face-downs and end my turn.

Silver LP: 8000
Deck: 34
Hand: 2
Grave: N/A
Field: Heroic Champion - Excalibur (2 OLU)
S/T: 2 face downs

Akira Reaches the second person in the front the gates and stands right behind the first he continues to the turnswipe and swipes in his id card for the tournament " I'm Finally In Now I gotta be serious" Said Akira as he holds his deck. " I know i got some time to waste so i wanna go watch some people practice Only because i'm hungry" Akira catches a duel by the corner of his eye and to his surprise its gotten pretty serious this make Akira scream in joy like a little girl . "I wonder who's dueling" as Akira uses his Integrated D-Gazer "Silver Vs Karl This Gonna be Fun" Akira proceeds to pullout his riceballs as he watches the duel " I can't watch a duel on an empty stomach now can  I" he proceeds to chew on the rices balls as the duel continues. "Hmmm I wonder what is going to happen" Suddenly Akira Number Starts reacting "Why are You Glowing Utopia Is One of them holding a number.... Well I hope your not lying we're going have to watch the duel to find out who it is" As Akira Talks to his card.

Roland was actually prepared for that Heavy Storm; not as prepared as he could have been, since Yuugi couldn't destroy his Angineer, but he could pull it off through a roundabout way. "Not so fast!" he said as he flipped over one of his face-down quick-play spells. "I'll be activating Knock Out in Three Steps! All I need to do is discard a card, and I can beef up one of my Subterraneans by 800 ATK! Yuugi will be at 2800 ATK now, but that's not why I'm doing this! I do this to discard my Subterranean Yamame to the grave!" 

The chasm of fire opened up once again, and the discarded spider-girl fell through, and Yuugi's sake dish grew bigger, from which she then took a long drink from. "Now, I have three Subterranean monsters in my grave with different names!" Roland enthusiastically informed his opponent. "And you're about to destroy 2 or more cards I control, so I'll now activate Subterranean Sun!" His counter trap flipped over, and before the Heavy Storm could go off, a large ball of fire fell on top of it, shattering the card and opening the chasm of fire once again. "Not only does it protect my cards, but it lets me send another Subterranean monster from my deck to the grave, as if it were activated by a Subterranean monster! I'll send a Subterranean Parsee!" Another Subterranean Parsee fell from the sky, but as it did, it saw Orpheus's Angineer, and bit its own thumb in a jealous rage. Before she hit the fire, she summoned a large storm of green orbs, which concentrated themselves on the Angineer, giving it no chance to react and caused it to shatter. "Because she was sent as if a Subterranean monster sent her, she gets really jealous of al the cards she can see on the field, so she destroys one that's face up! Angineer made her the most angry, so down he goes!" After his explanation, the burning ring of fire around Orpheus grew hotter once again, burning away yet another card from his deck.

(And now I allow Fluff to retract his moves as he sees fit).

Cards Used: [spoiler=]dtzqK7v.jpg

NGBuZoK.jpg[/spoiler]

Orpheus watched as his heavy storm was negated by his opponent's trap, laughing at how he managed to make the opponent waste so many cards, noticing his own Mystical Space Typhoon being milled. Then, as yet another vengeful monster tried to destroy his Angineer, he smirked his opponent, "Not so fast, there! I activate Forbidden Dress! This decreases the attack of my monster by 600 points, but now it cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects for the rest of the turn!"

"After that, I will normal summon the next card from my hand: Dark Bug!" Considering how dramatic its summon was, the monster was actually quite underwhelming: a tiny little spider-like creature with a series of cubes for a midsection, sporting only 100 attack and defense points. "Don't be fooled by its appearance: This monster is actually very powerful! You see, when I normal summon Dark Bug, it crawls into my graveyard and brings back with it a level three tuner monster. You know, like the Dark Resonator detached from Angineer last turn!" As he says it the peculiar little creature did just that. It crawled up his leg and onto his duel-guitar, making its way into his graveyard slot. A moment later, it would appear again in front of the duelists, sitting on the shoulder of Dark Resonator. "Now, my Dark Resonator will tune my Dark Bug! Synchro Summon level four! Take the stage, Balmung, Fighter from the Underworld!" Orpheus' Dark Resonator would then lose its opacity, becoming noting more than an outline that quickly reshapes itself into glowing rings, floating in the air. Orpheus' Dark Bug would jump through the circles of light, transforming into a knight wearing dark blue and black armor, with a massive sword resting on his shoulder.

"Now, I turn my Mechquipped Angineer to attack position so that it can once again protect itself if needed. Now, Balmung, attack Subterranean Parsee! Underworld Slash!" The dark knight, in the blink of an eye, would be in front of Yuugi, swinging its sword at her with full force (2100 ATK). "And with that, I will be done"

Orpheus: 7700 LP

Hand: 0

Deck: 26

Grave: Forbidden Lance, Feedback Warrior, Dark Bribe, Dark Resonator, Melomelody, Trident Warrior, Bri Synchron, Xyz Gift, Heavy Storm, Dark Bug, Solemn Warning, Forbidden Dress, Mystical Space Typhoon

Monsters: Mechquipped Angineer (1800/1000, Tour Guide attached) Balmung (2100/800)

S/T: nothing

[spoiler=Additional Cards Used]

Forbidden Dress: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_Dress

[/spoiler]

*retcon'd*

As the Balmung drew close, Roland knew that he couldn't afford his Parsee to be destroyed, so he had to spring his trap. "I'll be protecting my Parsee with this: Capture Web!" As the counter trap flipped up, a net of spider's silk shot out at the Balmung, snaring it up and dragging it to his own side of the field. "Not only does it negate that attack, but it also gives it to me until the end of the turn!" Not that there was much Roland could do with it, but it was enough to save his Parsee. As the turn passed, the Balmung managed to break free of the web and return to its proper side of the field.

Taking his draw, Roland knew that he was quickly running out of options, as was the flaw to his deck; the longer it drew out, the thinner his deck got, and if he couldn't grab what he needed, he was sunk. All he could hope for was that he could keep his opponent from getting what he needed from his deck. Still, the card he drew... "I'll now be changing the scenery to something more lively!" he announced, and then activated his field spell. "We'll now be taken to the Lively Former Hell!" The world around them started to materialize into a noisy, bustling hub of a city, lit by paper lamps and the fire raging outside. Several people were moving about, playing carnival games and drinking heavily. "Now we can really have some fun!" Roland declared after looking at the scenery. "Each time a Subterranean monster is sent to the grave--from anywhere, not just the deck--I add a counter to the field. If one of my Subterraneans get banished from the field, I get two counters! Once per turn, I can remove three of them to Special Summon one that's either banished or in the grave! Now, let's start putting some counters on it!" 

With a motion with his arm, Roland started to do just what he said he would. "I now Normal Summon that Satori I added earlier!" Once again, the girl with the purple hair and third eye appeared, and the chasm opened up in the center of the city, making the people walking around start to cheer. "Stoking the flames is a happy occasion! I'll be sending my third Parsee from the deck to the grave, and I'll be targeting your Balmung for destruction!" The third Parse fell from the sky, and she bit her thumb once more and attempted to destroy the Balmung with her large, green orbs. Whether or not it worked was up to Orpheus; either way, Roland was trying to lure out that last material from it. Once more, the ring around Orpheus grew more intense, forcing him to burn another card from the top of his deck. After that, a firework went off, symbolizing the one counter added to the field. However, before the chasm closed, the spider-girl from earlier crawled out of the flames and onto the field. "Since I sent a Subterranean from the deck to the grave, I can Special Summon my Subterranean Yamame!" Roland explained enthusiastically. The little cheering squad perked up again, as well, and due to Be of Good Cheer, Roland added his Subterranean Kisume.

"She won't be here for long, as I activate the effect of Parsee once more!" he then announced, and the spider-girl leaped into the chasm, sparking more cheering from the crowd. "I'll be sending another Yuugi, who will be Special Summoned to the field!" Once more, the tall, blonde, horned woman fell from the sky, but caught herself and dragged herself onto the field, not a single drop of sake falling from her dish in the process. Two fireworks went off, to symbolize two counters being placed at the same time--one for Yamame, and the other for Yuugi. Then the flames around Orpheus once again burned through his deck, sacrificing his top card. 

With his field nearly full with his more powerful monsters, Roland felt more secure than before, even though his Life Points trailed by a significant amount. Though he knew he couldn't really close the gap much this turn, due to Angineer keeping the line of defense up, he did know that he could set himself up for victory. Shifting to his Battle Phase, Roland knew just how it was going to play out. "Now, both my Yuugi! Attack both of his monsters!" Roland knew that one of them would be in ATK, and one of them would be destroyed by Yuugi. "Since Yuugi destroyed a monster by battle, I can send another Subterranean monster from my deck to the grave!" The Yuugi that destroyed the monster then punched the ground, opening up the chasm, making the crowd cheer again. "I'll be sending my Subterranean Kaenbyou this time!" A girl in what looked like gothic clothing started to fall, with cat ears and two cat tails upon her. She was carrying a white wheelbarrow, and as she fell into the flames, the wheelbarrow bounced up with a card in it. "Since she was sent by a Subterranean monster, she can let me shuffle a different Subterranean from my grave into the deck! I'll be choosing one of my Parsee!" As the card was shuffled into the deck, another firework went off, leaving four counters on Roland's field, and the ring of fire around Orpheus burned away another card. "And with that, I end my turn!" Roland felt that it would be wiser to keep the counters on his field spell, just in case he would need it on his following turn.

Roland: 3000 LP

Hand: 1

Deck: 22

Grave: Subterranean Rose, Large Box and Small Box, Subterranean Satori, Subterranean Kisume, Subterranean Yamame, Subterranean Parsee, Subterranean Sun, Knock Out in Three Steps, Subterranean Kaenbyou

Monsters: Subterranean Parsee (1700/600; ATK), Subterranean Satori (1800/900; ATK), Subterranean Yuugi (2000/1000; ATK), Subterranean Yuugi (2000/1000; ATK)

S/T: Lively Former Hell (field), Be of Good Cheer!, Blazing Wheel

Cards Used: [spoiler=]kPpc20I.jpg

RefjGTW.jpg

fFLBHIG.jpg

RRHUiov.jpg[/spoiler]

Hilda turned to the boy who was following her. She was not sure why he found it necessary to follow her. She was a little uncomfortable by being followed by the male. She had not thought that she was going to have someone following her this early and the tournament had not even started yet. She wanted to get a better look at the Arena and see what it looked like. She also had not checked to see who was also inside the tournament. She just knew that she was going to attempt to avoid any dueling before the tournament before began. She turned to the boy who had been following her and said, " You have no need to be sorry I just did not want to be in the way at the entrance with that duel going on. I mean if I stayed I could have learned a lot about the two duelist and the cards they run just by watching. " She quickly stopped talking as if she had said something she was not supposed to say. She walked as her path was blocked by an average looking guy who seemed to be here for the tournament. She really did not need this as she adjusted her deck box as the random man spoke. He said, " Hey there little miss this is no place for a babe like yourself this is an area for professional duelist all you are is a Easy victory for me and my friends." She looked at him almost confused by what he was saying she really was not one to claim that she was the best but she was not going to allow this man to talk her out she then listened as he continued as he spoke, " You probably don't know babe but I am going to win so If you want to warm up against me and we can also make a little wager. If I win You must go on a date with me tonight." She looked at him confused as he pulled out his duel disk and duel gazer. She was not sure of what to do as it looked as if he was not going to leave without her dueling him. She guessed she had no choice but to duel him as she remember something her friend told her about a duel before the tournament and how it was a nice way to test the deck with no consequences. She also figured that the man  would leave her alone if she won. She grabbed her deck out of the deck box on the back of her belt and put it in her disk. She looked at the man as he was saying she could go first. She looked at her hand and saw there was not much in her first hand. She deiced she would play it safe as she was beginning her turn. She said with almost no confidence in her words, " Alright  I guess since I am going first I will activate Teraforming to add Frozen cavern to my hand." She activated the spell card to add the field spell from her deck to her hand. She looked over hand for what to do next. She proceeded to make her move By activating Frozen cavern and then summoning Frozen heart Shiara in attack mode. She let the cavern form around them as a white haired girl appeared. Off in the corner of the field, a ice stalagmite formed which is what the field did to  mark off frozen counters. She then said, " Shiara has the effect that when she is summoned I can special summon a frozen heart monster from my hand so I will special summon Frozen heart Nxy from my hand to the field in defense mode." She let the rouge looking woman join the other women on the field as another counter was added  to the field. She set two cards as she ended her turn.

Hilda: 8000 LP

Hand: 1

Deck: 33

Grave: terraforming 

Monsters: Frozen Heart Shiara (Atk:300/ Def:700), Frozen Heart Nxy (Atk:1300/ Def:1700 )

S/T: Frozen Cavern, 2 Face-down

[spoiler='Cards used ']

http://i.imgur.com/OMUxoD4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kA6iRC3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ONHSX3e.jpg

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Terraforming[/spoiler]

Earlier that morning....

A small helicopter was flying above the edges of Neo Domino City. The helicopter itself was not really special, it was a bog standard military chopper with no equipment on board, safe for 4 kilos of plastic explosives. The chopper was actually carrying Takama and his squad of elite soldiers and duelists, "Black Hail". Most of them wear black gas masks and black uniform to hide their identity, but the duelists wear normal outfits to blend in with the crowd. After a while, the heli landed on the outskirts of Neo Domino. After the crew got out of the heli, Takama rounded them up for a mission briefing.

"Gentlemen."  He said, beginning his speech. "It may dark, it may be cold. It may be 2 o clock in the morning, but I hope you all are ready. Today, we shall take down RAVEN! Alpha, Delta and Gamma team, you will keep an eye on the RAVEN Headquarters, RAVEN officials, anybody aiming to take your fellow Sector members out, and eliminate them. The rest of you will follow me and act as tournament competitors. Use any method necessary to win your duels and try to take out RAVEN members if possible. Dismissed." Despite the urge to cheer and salute their leader, the Black Hail squad kept quiet and swiftly moved to their positions. After making sure that every member has entered the city, Takama charged the explosives inside the helicopter so that they will explode after 5 hours, or when somebody opens the door. 

"Now then... Operation: Endgame will begin." With the night wind sweeping his coat in a spectacular fashion, Takama walked towards the entrance of Neo Domino city. 

Present time.

After he and all of his squad members have been officially registered to WDC, the wait for the perfect attack opportunity began. Takama chose to start his day by having a cup of coffee, after all, he is trying to avoid as much attention as possible. While waiting for his coffee in the cafe, he noticed to boys about to start a duel, not that he is particularly interested in them, but it would help to know the level of skill the duelists of Neo Domino has. 

[spoiler=Headnote]Sorry about the obviously low quality of this post. I had spent a large amount of time working on a long, dramatic one but as I pressed Preview Post I lost my connection to the internet. I do not have the time or patience to retype the whole thing, so this smaller post will be used in its place.[/spoiler]

Orpheus watched his opponent go through their long series of summons and activations without much reaction up until the point when Balmung was destroyed, at which point he said, "Since you destroyed my Balmung, Fighter from the Underworld, his effect activates! I can summon one level four or lower monster from my grave! I will choose my Dark Resonator!" 

The musician let his opponent continue his turn, activating his Mechquipped Angineer's effect to protect his Dark Resonator while his Angineer was destroyed. (7700 -> 7500) Cards Milled: Galaxy Storm, Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute

"My turn! Draw! Well, it looks like I drew just the card that I need to win this duel! I normal summon my Vice Berserker!" A large winged devil wearing armor descended upon the battlefield. "Now, I use my level three Dark Resonator to tune my level four Vice Berserker! Synchro Summon Level Seven! Chaos King Archfiend. Now, since I used Vice Berserker as a synchro material monster, I take 2000 damage, (7500 -> 5500) but in return my Chaos King Archfiend gains 2000 attack points! Additionally, whenever Chaos King archfiend attacks, the attack and defense points of all monsters you control are switched! Now, Chaos King Archfiend! Attack Subterranean Parsee and win this!" (3800 damage for game, assuming no response)

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Vice Beserker: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vice_Berserker

Chaos King Archfiend: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_King_Archfiend

[/spoiler]

(NPC'ing Hilda's opponent)

Hilda's opponent would laugh as he saw his opponent's cards. "Ha! Frozen Hearts?!? How pathetic... I will begin my turn with a my own field spell: Wetlands!" As the rude man places a card on his D-Pad, the surrounding caves would shatter and fall to the ground, sinking into the swamps that replaced them. "Now I will set a monster, and activate One for One, which allows me to discard a card a card to special summon a level one monster from my deck! I discard my Treeborn Frog to special summon T.A.D.P.O.L.E. from my deck. Now normally my T.A.D.P.O.L.E. wouldn't have any attack points, but Wetlands increases it's attack by 1200!" As he activated his card, he would discard his Frog to summon a similar creature, though this new one was nothing more than a body with no legs and a tail. "You can go ahead and take your turn now, Missy!"

Roland: 8000 LP

Hand: 2

Deck: 33

Grave: Treeborn Frog

Monsters: 1 FD Monster, T.A.D.P.O.L.E. (1200/0)

S/T: Wetlands

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Treeborn Frog: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Treeborn_Frog

T.A.D.P.O.L.E.: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/T.A.D.P.O.L.E.

One for One: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/One_for_One

Wetlands: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wetlands

[/spoiler]

Roland had to brace himself as the powerful monster lunged in for an attack, its chaotic energy shifting Parsee's ATK and DEF. He crossed his arms over his chest as the blow connected, the force of the impact blowing his clothes and hair in the wind it created, but it was too much, and he fell onto his back as the last of his Life Points ticked away. While he laid there, he thought about why he lost, and he knew that there was just no way around it; his opponent had more luck, and was able to pull out that Angineer to keep him from rushing in and depleting his Life Points in one fell swoop. It also wasn't an official tournament duel, so that was also not as bad as it could've been.

Rising to his feet, Roland's demeanor seemed to change since the duel was over. "Man, that was one intense duel," he said rather calmly. "Shame you had that Angineer up, or I'd have totally wiped you out. That last draw of yours was also pretty lucky." He then walked up to Orpheus and stuck out his hand. "I'm Roland Hong," he introduced himself a bit more properly. If Orpheus hadn't noticed before, it was a lot more noticeable that Roland had heterochromia; one eye gold, the other blue. "Just consider yourself lucky this time around, 'cause I totally had you if you couldn't keep those monsters alive."

Turn 3: Karl

Karl draws for his turn and by looking at his hand, he needed more options, fortunately the card he drew would give him these options. "I'm going to be kind and use my Card of Sanctity spell card, which allows us to draw until we are holding 6 cards in our hands." Smiling, Karl proceeded to draw an extra 3 cards, whilst a grateful, yet confused Silver drew 4 cards wondering what Karl is planning.

"I then activate my Mystical Space Typhoon, and I'll use it to blow away the card to your left." A small tornado flew its way towards the face-down card, causing it to shatter. "Now I think I'll use Polymerization to fuse the Red-Eyes on the field with the Meteor Dragon in my hand so I can fusion summon Meteor B. Dragon!" (ATK 3500)

Silver grinned at the sight of such a creature as Karl was unaware that Silver had a way of getting rid of it. "Nice try, but I activate my Solemn Warning. So by paying 2000 Life Points, the summoning of your Meteor B. Dragon is negated!" (Silver LP: 6000) The male figure in the card emerged into sight, stared at the dragon and put his hand out and with that, Meteor B. Dragon was destroyed.

"I figured you would do that, but it's a good thing I have this. With Dragon's Mirror, I can banish Red-Eyes and Meteor Dragon so I can summon another Meteor B. Dragon!" Karl sniggered as he had planned this all along when he drew Dragon's Mirror. Meanwhile on the other side of the field, Silver couldn't believe that he had been outplayed like this. "Now, my dragon, blitz his Excalibur with Meteor Strike!" Meteors shot through Meteor B. Dragon's mouth aiming towards Excalibur, destroying him. (Silver LP: 4500) "I place 1 card face down and end my turn."

Deck: 29
Hand: 1
Grave: Fusion Sage, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Threatening Roar, Card of Sanctity, Polymerization, Meteor B. Dragon, Dragon's Mirror
Banished: Red-Eyes B. Dragon, Meteor Dragon
Field: Meteor B. Dragon
S/T: 1 face down

Turn 4: Silver

"Time for my counterattack!" Silver declared as he started his turn. "First of all, I'll summon Noble Knight Medraut, (ATK: 1700) then I'll equip him with my Noble Arms - Arfeudutyr and by lowering Medraut's ATK by 500, I can destroy that Set card of yours. (ATK: 1700 -> 1200)" By slamming the tip of the sword on the ground, a flow of lightning surged towards Karl's face down, shattering it. "I'm not done yet, because Medraut has a Noble Arms equip spell equipped to him, his level is increased by 1. (Level 4 -> 5) Next, I'll activate Monster Reborn, reviving my Artorigus, but he won't be there for long as I'll send him to the graveyard to Special Summon Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn. (ATK: 2000) Next I'll use Medraut and Laundsallyn to build the overlay network so I can Xyz Summon Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon! (ATK: 2600) Then by using Adreus' special ability, by detaching 1 overlay unit, I can destroy your Meteor B. Dragon." Dark clouds started to form over Meteor B. Dragon and lightning crashed down on him, destroying him. "Attack his life points Adreus! (Karl LP: 5400) Finally, I'll place one card face down and end my turn."

Silver LP: 4500
Deck: 29
Hand: 2
Grave: Solemn Warning, Dimensional Prison, Heroic Champion - Excalibur, Noble Knight Artorigus, Noble Knight Gawayn, Monster Reborn, Noble Knight Medraut, Noble Arms - Arfeudutyr
Field: Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon (1 OLU)
S/T: 1 face down

Hilda watched as her field spell was destroyed by the replacement that her opponent had played  wetlands. She had knowledge of people playing frogs but when it came down to it she had only watched duels that involved  people using frog decks ,but she had never dueled against one herself. She thought about all the things that she has seen be used in the frog decks and all the ways they were played. She remembered one of the card she set would come in handy when it came down to dealing with the lack of cards currently in her hand. She let him finish his turn as she drew a card that would cause this to go well if she drew the right cards. " Alright I shall activate Cup of ace." She watched as a coined flipped and landed on heads. She was relived as she drew two more cards. She looked over her hand as she thought out what she was going to do now. " Okay first I discard Reo to add a frozen spell card and I choose another Frozen Cavern to my hand. " She added the card that came from her deck. " Alright now I activate Frozen Cavern again and this time I also activate field barrier. " She let her cave come back and replace the swampy lands. "Now I will tribute Shiara to summon Slena. " She let the her monster be replaced by another monster as a frozen counter was formed. "Now for her effect I can special summon two frozen heart monsters in my grave I choose the only two that are in my grave." She let the two monster appear on her side of the field. " And I use Shiara's Effect to special summon the last card in my hand Which is Rez  and then I will overlay Rez and Nxy to summon Telsa. " She looked over as she five counters on the field. "Now I Activate my other face down which was Frozen Stand to remove four counters to add four frozen Heart monsters to my hand." She allowed the cards to come to her hand "Now I over lay my two Level 3 monsters to summon Lavalval  Ignis and now Ignis attack T.A.D.P.O.L.E and detach one material from It and I have Telsa attack your face down." She watched as this went on before she had  Slena if nothing happened as she ended her turn.

Hilda: 8000 LP

Hand: 4

Deck: 26

Grave: terraforming , Frozen Cavern, Frozen Stand, Frozen Heart Shiara 

Monsters: Frozen Heart Telsa (Atk:2400/ Def:1900), Frozen Heart Slena (Atk:1900/ Def:1500 ) Lavalval Ignis (Atk:1800/Def:1400)

S/T: Frozen Cavern, Field Barrior

[spoiler='Cards Used ']

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cup_of_Ace

http://i.imgur.com/M3a6Oap.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cvXDzBN.jpg

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Field_Barrier

http://i.imgur.com/4SQLRDz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OMUxoD4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tCznZgI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Bcy2Ilo.jpg

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Lavalval_Ignis

[/spoiler]

Orpheus grinned as he won the duel. "Yeah man, it was fun. Those Subterranean cards of yours are pretty cool. I will admit that Parsee really gave me a run for my money. If there is anything that I am afraid of, it is a repeatable destruction effect." Orpheus reached out to the duelist's outstretched arm and shook it. "Hey, maybe we will face each other once this tournament starts! I will have to warn you, though, next time I won't give you a chance to make such a comeback." Orpheus unslung his duel-guitar and returned it to its case, moving all his cards to their proper zones. "I gotta say, it's nice to duel somebody who doesn't cheat their way through a duel with one of those Number cards. Then again, since my deck is designed to beat them I was kinda hampered. Anyway, nice duel, I'll see you around!" At this Orpheus walked off, trying to track down exactly where Firebrand went.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(NPC'ING HILDA'S OPPONENT)

The man watched as his opponent managed to +1 off of a Cup of Ace. "HEY! You aren't cheating, are you girly? I could get you reported to the judges and thrown out of here!" His anger mixed with nervousness did not subside as his field spell was destroyed, reducing his T.A.D.P.O.L.E. back down to 0 attack points. "NO! Not my Dupe Frog! Oh well, since it was destroyed, I can add Des Frog to my hand from my deck!" the man's facedown card flipped up as it was attacked, revealing a small blue frog with a scholarly disposition. Even as the frog revealed itself it was destroyed by Frozen Heart Telsa's attack. Moments afterward his T.A.D.P.O.L.E. was destroyed as well, this time by a fiery behemoth (LP 8000 -> 5900). "Now I don't know if you knew this, but when T.A.D.P.O.L.E. is destroyed, I can add the rest of my T.A.D.P.O.L.Es from my deck to my hand!" As he moves his card to his grave, his duel disk auto-shuffles, allowing him to pick up the top two cards, which were his T.A.D.P.O.L.Es.

"Very well, my turn now! Draw!" The man examined his hand and hist field, trying to figure out how to get past what his opponent had built up. "Well, to start things off, since my standby phase rolled around and I control no spells or traps, I can special summon my treeborn frog from my graveyard, in defense position! Now I will activate a second One for One! I discard one of the T.A.D.P.O.L.Es I just searched to special summon Substitoad from my deck, in defense position!" As he placed a card from his hand into his graveyard, the man's duel disk auto-shuffled Substitoad to the top, from which he placed it onto the field. This frog looked particularly bizarre, with one half of it pink and angelic, and the other half black, warted and demonic. "Now I will normal summon my last T.A.D.P.O.L.E, and immediately tribute it and Treeborn Frog to summon my last two copies of Dupe Frog from my deck, in defense position. Now that I control two Dupe Frogs, their effects stack in a way that prevents from from selecting any of my monsters as attack targets! With that, I will and my turn!"

Random Guy: 5900 LP

Hand: 3

Deck: 29

Grave: Wetlands, T.A.D.P.O.L.E. (x3), Treeborn Frog

Monsters: Dupe Frog (x2 100/2000 DEF) Substitoad (100/2000 DEF)

S/T: Nothing

[spoiler=Cards Used]

Substitoad: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Substitoad

One for One: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/One_for_One

Dupe Frog: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dupe_Frog

Des Frog: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Des_Frog

Treeborn Frog: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Treeborn_Frog

T.A.D.P.O.L.E.: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/T.A.D.P.O.L.E.

[/spoiler]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagaku had finally managed to calm himself down. 'This is not a big deal. I can figure out what is going on with these "Number" cards. It is my job. Sadly, this really does not work anything like my job. In my work, I got to corroborate. Not much, considering I am the leading expert on these Numbers, but a bit. This however... In this I have nobody. Anybody else who knows anything is either an overzealous number hunter of a member of RAVEN. I need to find somebody to work with. I need to find somebody who knows about these Numbers without being overtly evil.' At this Kagaku's wristwatch would make a beeping noise. Holding it up to his face so as to avoid glare, Kagaku read its face. "DIMENSIONAL ANOMALY DETECTED" The rest of the screen was dominated by a GPS-like grid of the city, with a red dot on a seemingly random city square where two mysterious duelist happened to be participating in a Tag Duel. Running out to the street, Kagaku hailed to a taxi. "Where to, friend?"These coordinates! Block 146x234" Noticing the driver's obvious confusion at his directions, Kagaku restated: "Take me to Fudo Memorial Square!"

Though it didn't seem like anything important was happening Bailas and Shadi both noticed the time. It seemed as if their tardiness was bordering on rudeness. They got back in their car and with that they drove off to the tournament grounds. It didn't take long for them to actually make it to the tournament grounds but they did nonetheless. Bailas was impressed by the amount of participants that showed up. Naturally there were a lot of youngsters participating but that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He just had to do his best and everything would turn out well. Bailas and Shadi looked around the tournament and it seemed as if the opening ceremony hadn't started yet. With that being said they walked into the crowd simply looking around waiting for the gates to actually open up and let the official tournament begin.

[spoiler=Rounds 2 and 3]
Turn 5: Kathy:
Kathy used a combination of Molten Conduction Field, multiple Laval Volcano Handmaidens, and a couple uses of Laval Lakeside Lady to remove her opponent's face-downs, then, by using Enemy Controller on the red-haired girl's Orichalcos Commander to change it to Defense Position, ravaged the girl's field with her Laval Dual Slasher before Orichalcos Huntress takes down the Synchro with her effect (??? & ???: 5900 LP). She ended her turn.

Turn 6: ???:
The fedora-clad man gained 500 Life Points thanks to Herbisaurus LV5 drawing on energy from The Seal of Orichalcos. (??? & ???: 6400 LP) He then Normal Summoned Blazing Salamander LV3 and then used Double Summon to pull out Red-Shelled Octurtle LV3. With his three LV monsters, Chris went ahead to ravage Vince's field. (Kathy & Vince: 5200 LP) Both monsters went into Defense Mode after the white-dressed man set a card, while Herbisaurus LV5, who downed Blue Baboon, Scout of the Forest, grew to Herbisaurus LV7.

Turn 7: Vince:
Vince Normal Summoned White Baboon, Soldier of the Forest, and attacked the resting Salamander, but his opponent flipped up The Wall in the Fourth Dimension, making the attack pointless. He then sets 2 face-down cards, ending his turn. During this, Red-Shelled Octurtle LV3 became Red-Shelled Octurtle LV5.

Turn 8: ???:
The red-haired girl activated The Envy of Orichalcos, bringing back her Orichalcos Commander, and Normal Summoned from her Extra Deck Orichalcos Moth. The super-powered monster attacked White Baboon, but Vince played his Wild Nature's Release, bringing his monster up to 3200 ATK and destroying the Moth. (??? & ???: 5900 LP) After she set down 2 face-down cards, White Baboon was destroyed, letting Vince pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest, and then pay another 1000 Life Points to Special Summon Red Baboon, Berserker of the Forest. (Kathy & Vince: 3200 LP)

Turn 9: Kathy:
Kathy Normal Summoned Laval Kyubi, sending Laval Lancelord to her Graveyard to gain Inari Fire, which she then Special Summoned. With 2 Level 4s, Kathy constructed an Overlay Network to Xyz Summon Number 42: Tamamo-no-Mae. She used Tamamo's effect to bring back Laval Dual Slasher, which then attacked with after she destroyed The Defense of Orichalcos with her final Lakeside Lady. Her attack was deflected by The Mirror of Orichalcos, which once more destroys Slasher, prompting Kathy to set a card and end her turn.

Turn 10: ???:
The mysterious man had his Blazing Salamander LV3 become a Blazing Salamander LV5, and he and his partner gained 700 Life Points from Herbisaurus LV7. (??? & ???: 6600 LP) He then had Octurtle attack directly and Salamander attack Green Baboon, but Kathy triggered her Sakuretsu Armor, stopping Salamander by destroying it. (Kathy & Vince: 1900 LP) He set a face-down card, and ended his turn.

Turn 11: Vince:
Vince Normal Summoned Moja, then Tributed it to Special Summon King of the Beasts from his hand. He Xyz Summoned his own Number, Number 33: Four-Arm Kong, equipped it with Horn of the Phantom Beast, and attacked Herbisaurus LV7, dealing a whopping 6400 damage thanks to Four-Arm Kong multiplying the damage of the card drastically. (??? & ???: 200 LP) Vince drew and ended. Red-Shelled Octurtle LV5 grew up to Red-Shelled Octurtle LV7.

Turn 12: ???:
The girl Normal Summoned Orichalcos Grepher and discarded Orichalcos Sorcerer to add Orichalcos Sorceress to her hand. Thanks to the effects of her Mirror, she can Normal Summon again, so she Tributed Grepher for Sorceress, and, in turn, Tributed Sorceress for her own effect to bring forth Sorcerer. Sorcerer then banished Tamamo-no-Mae, and the girl sets a card, ending her turn.
[/spoiler]
This Tag Duel has been grueling on all four duelists. One team got hit for an incredible amount of damage last turn no thanks to the massive silver-furred gorilla on one side of the field, while the other team has been whittled down consistently over the past few turns, mostly by the submarine-like eight-finned tortoise, its cavitation torpedoes, and its lesser evolutions. The blonde girl draws her card, looks at it, and looks at her hand, seeing nothing but monsters and spells. She declares. "I set a face-down monster, and then...I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your facedown!" Once she plays the Spell, a swirling vortex of blue energy crackling with electricity forms and heads for the gentleman's facedown. "I think not! I play Level Bond!" He flips up his Trap Card. "This lets me Special Summon a LV monster from my Graveyard, while you two each draw 2 cards. And I choose Blazing Salamander LV5!" Immediately, the winged serpent with a body of a mixture of hardened obsidian plating and molten magma reappeared on his side of the field, hissing like bubbling lava. (2200 ATK|LV5) As they both drew two cards, Kathy saw nothing of use, so she sighed. "I set a facedown monster, and end..."

Kathy: 8000 LP (shared with Vince)
Hand: 3
Monsters: 1 FD, Number 33: Four-Arm Kong (shared with Vince)
Spells/Traps: Horn of the Phantom Beast (shared with Vince)
Graveyard: Laval Lancelord, Laval Dual Slasher, Inari Fire, Laval Kyubi, Mystical Space Typhoon, Laval Conduction Field, Sakuretsu Armor
Banished: Laval Lakeside Lady x3, Laval Volcano Handmaiden x3, Number 42: Tamamo-no-Mae

On what was most likely their final turn, the fedora-wearing man, who had kept his composure for the entire duel, drew his card and smiled. "Now, for the reason why I chose the monster instead of something more powerful like Herbisaurus LV7! Since it's my Standby Phase, I can send Blazing Salamander LV5 to Special Summon Blazing Salamander LV7 from my hand!" Immediately, the rather larger serpent was consumed in a pillar of flames, which grew bigger and bigger, higher and higher, until it dispersed to reveal a mighty dragon of fire, a creature with obsidian armor glowing with orange cracks, a belly of gently flowing lava, two huge wings made out obsidian and fire, and two blade-like arms a bit past its maw. (2500 ATK|LV7) "Now, to my Battle Phase! Red-Shelled Octurtle LV7! Cavitation Torpedo!" The eight-eyed tortoise opened its mouth, created a bubble in its beak, and fired it at Kathy, bringing her Life Points down. (Kathy & Vince: 200 LP) "And, to finish this off, Blazing Salamander LV7, attack Number 33!" At this point, both of the enemy duelists, especially the more bestial Vince, looking rather monstrous thanks to Number 33's influence, laughed. "Your monster only has 2500 ATK! What can he do against my 3800 ATK monster?" The man grinned beneath his fedora. "Plenty." The dragon roared and charged forward, preparing its attack by raising its bladed arms while gathering fire in its mouth. "Krakatoa..." It then unleashed a powerful X-shaped slice enhanced by the fire. "CROSS-CHOP!!!" The vicious attack impacted Four-Arm Kong, plowing through it, and kept going to consume Vince in its inferno. (Kathy & Vince: 0 LP) "You see, when Blazing Salamander LV5 becomes Blazing Salamander LV7, it loses its ability to gain ATK when it attacks. Instead, it now has the power to automatically destroy any monster it battles, then inflict 1000 points of damage. Your Numbers never stood a chance against us. And speaking of which..." The Seal of Orichalcos contracted, letting the new arrivals out of the circle, but split to concentrate around each member of the Number-holding couple. However, instead of sucking their souls, they both groaned in pain as their Numbers were sucked out of their Duel Disks, materializing as the giant ape and a red-haired geisha with a long, vulpine face and a beautiful kimono that resembled dancing flames. They reverted back into their sealed forms, a spectral gold kitsune and an etheral silver monkey, respectively, and were sucked into their cards, at which point the seals faded. The white-wearing man strolled over, his strange energy-based Duel Disk collapsing back into a cane, and picked up the cards. "Thanks for the assist, Atsuko." He complimented. "If it weren't for that combo, we would've been toast."
"No problem..." The girl replied to her friend. "I always trust you, Chris." She went over, looked around, and gave her companion a gentle hug.
"It's cool, kid. Now, I think we have a tournament to attend."
She nodded back, letting go and walking with him to find some transportation to the stadium.

[spoiler=Cardex]
Mystical Space Typhoon
Level Bond
Blazing Salamander LV7
[/spoiler]

'Whatever it was, it is over now' Kagaku looked down at the device he was wearing on his wrist, the blinking having now stopped. He was honestly still trying to wrap his head around what it could have been, wearing his D-Gazer goggles so that he could view an AR information panel that hovered in front of him while he rode in the taxi cab. 'Beyond the first anomaly, at least two Numbers were used during the duel, though their energy signatures disappeared shortly after I noticed them. This other thing, though. It is different. It is radiating the extra-dimensional energy that I use to detect Numbers, but its reading does not line up with that of the Astral World, nor the world of the Barians. Could there be yet another dimension that these tings are coming from?' As he pondered, the taxi driver shouted back at him, "Didn't you hear me? We have arrived at your destination!" Realizing that once again he had found himself caught up in his own thoughts, he apologized, "Sorry, sir. I'm just a little... distracted today. My work has been frustrating, to say the least." Paying the driver for the ride, Kagaku stepped out of the cab, pressing a button on his goggles so that they could detect the residual energy left behind by the extra-dimensional travel Numbers went through to enter this world. His vision would shift as he does this, looking similar to thermal imaging systems, however instead of different colors representing the conventional form of heat, they showed the "dimensional heat" of an object: a value that increases as it is subjected to the "friction" of travelling between worlds. Looking into the square, he glanced toward a pair of people that appeared to be one of the strangest couples on Earth, with the man wearing a white suit and carrying a cane despite his young age, and the woman covered in various leather strips and black cloth, lending to a very depressing appearance. The strangest thing about them, however, is that rather than seeing a small red glow inside of their deck boxes, signaling the existence of a Number in their possession, their whole bodies lit up, almost as if they themselves had traveled to this existence from elsewhere. 'Well that is... odd... Perhaps these two could have caused the massive reading I got recently. No doubt they are the source of the anomaly that brought me here.' Putting on his most nonchalant expression, Kagaku approached the two. "Not trying to sound rude, but by your expressions it is pretty easy to tell that you are not from around here. Anything I can help you with? If you need a ride I just came here in a taxi, and I am sure the driver wouldn't mind if two more hopped in." He says this gesturing back to the cab, the driver inside banging his head on the steering wheel.

She was not sure how she was not sure how to get past the wall her opponent had just put up but she was sure that she could find a way to beat this. She looked at her deck and knew she had to find a way to clear the field she had an answer in her hand but that would not allow her to attack this turn and she felt as if the tournament was getting close to opening up. She deiced to use that as a back up plan if she did not draw the right card. She drew a card and was happy that it appeared to be a dark hole. She deiced to go all or nothing this turn and  put an end if she could. " Alright I start By activating Dark hole." She watched as all the monsters on the field were destroyed. She smiled as she went to go through her turn, " Okay I am going to activate the effect of Frozen cavern to special summon a frozen token. Now I will Tribute that token to summon My Selena from my Hand and I am sure you remember her effect, so I bring back Reo and Shiara. Now I use Shiara effect to special summon Gia from my hand and guess what when Shiara effect was activated I can special summon Kel from my hand , and since I must return a monster to the hand with Gia effect I choose to return My Reo. I now drop the Reo from my hand to add Frozen Blade to my hand Now I active Frozen Blade and give the attack to Kel. Now  I have them all attack you Directly." She let all her monsters attack end the duel. She  then said in Soft voice " I think That means I win." She was certain that was all she needed to end the duel as she was putting her cards away after beating the guy who had been hitting on her. 

[spoiler='Cards used']

http://i.imgur.com/po8cSee.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6GkEwWk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4SQLRDz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zchoh8t.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5uxmnCn.jpg

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Hole

[/spoiler]

"Aw, no! I slept in again!"

Doc quickly got to work getting out of bed and getting dressed, proceeding to run for the staIrs out of the basement.

He grabbed his messenger bag, and a breakfast burrito on his mad dash out.

As he ran out the front door of the convenience store he lived in, he began to realize everyone else in the house was gone, and had probably already reached the tournament grounds.

He took a bite out of his meal and proceeded to stash it in his pocket.

Doc ran as fast as he could, dodging people on the street, barely not bumping into them.

To be truthful, Doc was nervous. He still couldn't believe he was accepted into such a big tournament, and briefly wondered if he'd have to use those cards. This tournament was as good as a time as ever, he supposed.

He made it to the Neo Domino Arena with five minutes on the clock, wondering what he was supposed to do next.

Fumbling through his deck, and eyeing his locket, he pondered if he should add... the cards.

After a while, he eventually decided he was at least going to save them until the second round, putting his deck back in it's box. He waited, and he was a bit jumpy from how surreal the whole 'accepted into a huge tournament' thing was.

Turn 5: Karl

"My turn, draw!" Karl looked at the card he just drew and thought if he would be able to win that turn. "I activate my Monster Reborn which allows me to grab Meteor B. Dragon back from the graveyard, you haven't seen the last of him yet!" A black portal opened up in the ground and Meteor B. Dragon rose from it.

"Nice try, but you won't defeat me that easily, I activate my Compulsory Evacuation Device, so buh-bye Meteor B. Dragon." With that, a small machine appeared under Meteor B. Dragon and shot him back to the Extra Deck.

"Fine, I'll use my Return from the Different Dimension. So by halving my life points, I'll summon my Red-Eyes and Meteor Dragon in defence mode. (Karl LP: 2700) Next I set 1 monster face down and end my turn."

Karl LP: 2700
Deck: 28
Hand: 0
Grave: Fusion Sage, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Threatening Roar, Card of Sanctity, Polymerization, Meteor B. Dragon, Dragon's Mirror, Monster Reborn, Return from the Different Dimension
Banished: N/A
Field: Meteor Dragon, Red-Eyes B. Dragon, Servant of the Red-Eyes (f-d Defence)
S/T: N/A

Turn 6: Silver

Silver drew what he thought would be his final card, and looking at it and the rest of his hand he was sure that he would be delivering the decisive blow in this duel. "Firstly I'll summon my Rescue Rabbit, and by using his ability, I can banish the little guy and 2 Artorigus will take his place." Rescue Rabbit hopped through a portal that had appeared in front of him and through a portal on the other side, two Noble Knight Artorigus leapt through in his place. "Next, I'll use my Adreus' ability again, taking care of your Red-Eyes. Then since I have a LIGHT Normal monster, I'll summon the 2 Gawayns in my hand, but I'm not done yet as I'll send an Artorigus to the grave to summon Laundsallyn from my Graveyard."

"Wait, Laundsallyn can summon himself from the grave as well as the hand?!" Karl replied in shock as the summon of Laundsallyn surprised him.
"I didn't think I'd have to reveal my Number this early." Silver thought as summoning his Number was the only way he could win. "Your defeat is sealed Karl. I overlay my 2 Gawayns and Artorigus and build the overlay network so I can Xyz summon Number 104: Masquerade Magician, Shining!" (ATK: 2700) The sealed form of 104 that resembled a faberge egg slowly opened up and revealed to his his wings as the figure descended onto the field. "Laundsallyn attack his face down Red-Eyes Servant and Adreus get Meteor Dragon out of here!" Laundsallyn leapt forward and sliced the oversized card in half, which was swiftly followed by Adreus who destroyed Red-Eyes with a lightning attack from his sword. "Now Number 104 attack his life points directly!" A yellow orb appeared in Number 104's right hand and the light emanating from it launched Karl back as his life points dropped to 0.

Putting his deck back in his deck belt, Silver offered a handshake to Karl which was accepted and after that, Silver approached the arena again.

Bailas and Shadi looked around and noticed that there were various duels going around. The two were really intrigued by all of the action that was going on. Bailas was impressed by the amount of skill these youngsters had. If anything it would be intimidating, but who has time to worry about that. Shadi why don't we just make our way to the arena and get some stretching in. I'm surprised that you aren't experiencing jet lag, but you're right your invitation says head to the arena for the opening ceremony. Great this works out fine though I hope it isn't noisy over there by the arena. 

As they make there way into the crowd they actually arrived at the arena. Hey why don't you actually duel someone since you seem to have time to spare. No I'm fine, besides a little meditation and Yoga will do my body justice. I can't argue with that. The two finally made it to the arena. Afterwards they managed to sneak around to the other side of the arena and they began to do some light meditation till the opening ceremony commences. 

Hallo looked around at the crowd. Her music blasted out of the speakers and proved to be nothing but jazz. Clicking her neck she moved her eyes around. Which one was a Victim of the Curses? Which ones would help her goal to destroy them? She wanted to investigate. For now she would duel and refuse that damn card. Speaking of which. She reached into her deck and pulled out the number card. She looked at it ATK 0 DEF 3000 effect: Summon as many Earthean monsters as you can from your hand and graveyard. Sacrifice this card in the process.

She groaned and tore the card in half AGAIN. This was the 36th time she had torn it on purpose. It was getting old, throwing it into a near by dumpster and walking back to where the crowd was she waited. Not for the announcements, but to examine who used Numbers. Usually she could feel them near her or when they got close to her. It had to be in hand and for no more than a second before she could sense it just slightly.

When the announcements ended her hunt would start. Her structures of trap wall were ready to catch their pray. Her own arena inside this one was ready for it all. Maybe this time she would rid of her own curse.

Archived