The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

Inexplicable Doubt

Crossing into the portal, Kenpachi felt nothing.  If any feeling could accurately describe what was going on around him as he moved to the final destination, it was the feeling of being lost.  He had never been good with directions; neither had Yachiru.  But this was something far more complex going on around Zaraki and in his mind.  Even Yachiru could not describe this sensation that occurred to her as they traveled into the final leg of the Path to Origin.  And then they arrived.  A feeling of cold emptiness surrounded both Kenpachi and Yachiru, giving the latter of them chills.  But then they saw it.  The one thing they had sought since they had been recruited for this journey.  The Door of Origin.

Their feelings of emptiness soon passed as they lay their eyes on the Door.  Thought hey couldn't tell how big the Door was in the distance, they were sure that was it.  Though somehow, the Door seemed incomplete.  Like it was waiting for some special action or a single special moment in time.  These were simple perceived notions that Kenpachi and Yachiru had which were more than likely incorrect.  Regardless, they felt ready to move on.  To go home.  Still, even with the Door in their line of sight, something was missing.  Someone was missing.  Kenpachi did not see Byakuya.

"Kuchiki," he whispered into the blank, scarred canvas before him.  "Where are you?"

Retribution

The difference between Kratos and Revy, and Yachiru and Kenpachi was stark.  And Kratos and Revy both knew this without a doubt.  When they arrived on the other side of the portal facing the backs of Kenpachi and Yachiru, they were both silent.  They exchanged glances, noting that Byakuya was missing.  Walking forward and standing beside Kenpachi and Yachiru, Revy and Kratos stared off into the distance and their eyes landed on the Door to Origin.  A pale white ring that seemed to be much less than they had anticipated.  

Kratos let go of Revy's hand and turned to face Zaraki.

"Kenpachi," Kratos called.

"He's not here.  Why isn't he here?" Kenpachi asked.

"He will come.  And we will end this plight," Kratos said.  "Just remember, Kenpachi.  We are allies."

Kenpachi looked down at Kratos out of the corner of his eye before turning to face the bald man.  "You scared?  Do I scare you Kratos?  You keep giving me warnings.  Why don't you tell me what's on your mind?"

"I do not fear you, Kenpachi.  I fear you will betray us for your own gain.  That you will look upon our foe and turn your back--"

"I'm not some god damn traitor, Kratos!" Kenpachi roared.  "I'll decide what I do when it's time!  And I don't need my allies to coddle me.  If Byakuya is a traitor, then I'll rip his fuckin' head from his spine and make him choke on his own intestines."

"And if he isn't?" Revy asked from behind Kratos.

"Then I'll snap him outta this stupid trance, and get him on the winning team.  So I--so we--can go home.  All of us," Kenpachi replied.  "Stop tryin' to push your grievances on me, Spartan.  Or you might just make me kill you."

"You wouldn't be the first god I've slain, Soul Reaper," Kratos challenged.

But before they could argue further, a shadow materialized before the four occupants of the pathway.  It solidified itself into a solid shape of a woman.  And her name was Isamy.

Kenpachi almost flew into a blind rage when he saw her.  Even if he had never seen Isamy's face before he knew she was the one behind this strife with which he struggled.  But he was frozen.  Yachiru, Kratos, and Revy were also all frozen in time, unable to move or act.  Isamy, their sworn enemy, was the last one blocking their path.  And yet, something was drastically different about her.  Her tone, her mannerisms.  She almost resembled Arthuria as they first knew the King.  Isamy posed to each of them a question.

Zaraki Kenpachi. The 11th Division Captain. I had the privilege of seeing you in action through Byakuya’s memories, as opposed through text alone. ‘Kenpachi’ itself is a name belonging only to the strongest of Shinigami-everything you have achieved, you deserve. You don’t know the definition of sanity, and you don’t care, for your worldview is the only worldview you’ll ever concern yourself with. Even when you experienced, you returned. I have no idea how, but you did. Although I consider myself a pacifist, even I can appreciate an amazing warrior when I see one. Let me assure you now, that Kuchiki Byakuya trusted me with his life, and joined me on his own free will. Will you?”

“Yachiru Kusajishi. Kenpachi’s lieutenant, and constant supporter. You have been at his side for so long now. You laid down your life for him once, and would do so again. Your loyalty is more than commendable, it’s beautiful. You’ll follow wherever he goes… There is nothing more to say to you.”

Kratos. The God of War. Although we have never met personally, I met gods from other worlds who would whisper your name in fear, terrified of your rage and of your strength. For much of your life, you've been filled with fury… It’s tiring, isn’t it? I watched as you killed the other Byakuya in an act of mercy. I know that feeling too well. To try so hard, only to be met with disaster after disaster, injustice after injustice. And yet, you’ve found hope in this war. That someone who has endured so much anguish can find such joy, brightens what's left of my own heart. I want to help keep that peace. Won’t you support me?

Revy. The Two Hands. You were raised, no, forged in an environment of immense injustice. The scars in your heart drove you to adapt, to seek out as much power as you could reach for no matter how much it hurts. I won’t waste your time too much, but believe me, I know that feeling, that frustration. I understand your pain all too much. We both know that this reality is cruel, and that happiness is a fleeting sensation, in which every moment of hope is crushed by a moment of despair. I am on a quest to rewrite those rules. Permanently. No bullshit involved. Won’t you join me?"

These words.  As sweet and truthful as they were.  They only resonated with a small part of the four who had gathered.  Most notably, Kratos.

As time was unfrozen for them once more, their heads hanged as they thought carefully about the almost impossibly generous offer that had been issued to them.  It would take Kratos the longest to answer.  However, Kenpachi decided in his ways, had already prepared a statement.  He was still flaring with rage at the sight of Isamy.  Her words had not reached him.

"You.  You two-faced, backstabbing, disloyal, arrogant, evil, rotten, and spoiled little jabroni," he began through clenched teeth.  "You put the entire multiverse at risk for some greedy, self-righteous story that I ain't buyin'.  You twisted a bunch of people's minds and got them to work for your crazy ass.  You killed a Counter Guardian, and your cronies killed me.  You broke my comrade's mind and had this bald-headed bastard kill him outta mercy.  But most importantly, you got my best friend killed," Kenpachi said, referring to Yachiru.  

"So I've got a few fuckin' choice words for you myself.  I'm not joinin' you.  I'm not even fuckin' considerin' it.  In fact, I'm god damn insulted that you even tried to appeal to me.   So I'll tell you what I'm gonna do," Kenpachi said as he drew Nozarashi from his side.  "I'm gonna plunge this sword into your filthy, black heart.  I'm gonna lop off that big fuckin' head and mount it on some old lady's mantle.  I'm gonna rip out your good for nothin' soul, and I'm gonna drag you to the afterlife where I can kill you all over again.  I'm gonna make you scream, Isamy.  I'm gonna make you regret ever crossin' me."  Kenpachi took two steps forward and stomped into the white, empty ground beneath him.

"And just in case none of that seemed to resonate through your funked up little head, let me make my stance very clear," Kenpachi growled.  

"funk.  You."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nero - Keyblade War Master / The X-Blade's Wielder ~ The Door of Origin

Nero crossed through the portal, his mind still worrying about the prospect of Kenpachi and Kratos going at it like they seemed to be discussing earlier. However, part of himself knew that he needed to keep himself focused on what he needed to do. They had come this far...this was the final stretch of the journey forward.

As he looked upon the door...THE door, Nero could feel a strong, cold emptiness around him. It was there for a short moment, but it was enough to remind the young man of the cold emptiness of the darkness he found himself in...once at the place where that Keyblade War took place, and again when he fell into darkness due to Xansvita...

The door, however, seemed like it was missing something. It looked undone. Nero had a thought of using possibly the X-Blade to fix it, but he figured that it wouldn't be needed. After all...if that was the case, then it would've been the Key to Origin. Nevertheless, he stared at it, only to hear Kenpachi and Kratos arguing again. He was planning to step in and stop it, though he knew he'd probably get chewed up and spit out...but...

"I have waited an awfully long time for this… Thank you all for coming.”

Nero's attention turned to this shapeless entity and saw that it turned into a woman...it turned into Isamy. When she spoke the name "Isamy", Nero was already getting on guard. Albeit, as on guard as he could be...due to him being frozen in time.

Nevertheless, something about Isamy was different than what he originally thought. She seemed polite, kind, and even the mannerisms she had were different than someone of the Divine. He continued to listen (not like he had a choice) and was posed a question...specifically posed a question that was directed to him.

"Nero. The Keyblade Hero. Wow, you've gone through a lot. For a time you under the control of another, lost to the darkness, yet you managed to beat all the odds. There are very few others here who share the same pure conviction that you do. The fabled χ-Blade in your hands is a testament to that fact. I see it’s much friendlier with you than it was with me. Alas-even the greatest universal key was rejected from the greatest lock. I know you won’t like me, but we aren’t so different. Our lives were consumed by war, and we fought and we cried with our comrades, not for some ideological honor, but because we had no other choice. I’m not wrong, am I? Take a risk. If you can place your trust in me, would you help me unlock this Door?”

....we had no choice...? Nero thought, letting this question sink into his mind. Something about this sounded quite off to him. And the moment he was free from his unfrozen state, he recalled something...something from his past.

x393wz.jpg

-Years Ago-

-BGM-

"Nero my boy, you seem down as of late." Master Hao spoke, sitting beside a young Nero underneath an in bloom cherry blossom tree. The master noticed that the young boy had his newly discovered Keyblade in his lap, only watching the other wielders training and carrying on. "What's on your mind, young one? For someone who just discovered they can wield the Keyblade, you aren't seeming very excited."

Nero could only sigh, staring at his new Keyblade. "M-Master...I...I don't know if I'm ready for this."

"Oh? A bit of doubt in your heart, am I seeing?"

"N-No...well...maybe." Nero sighed with a groan, burying his face in his hands. "You keep talking about...the paths of light and darkness. I...Master Hao, I'm afraid I'll end up going down the wrong path." To this, he only heard the hardy laugh of his master. "W-What's so funny?"

"Nero my son, you have nothing to fear." Hao spoke, putting his hand on Nero's head, smiling. "You have a pure heart. I don't think it would be that easy for you to pick the wrong path." he then moved his hand to poke his index finger at Nero's chest. "But, you yourself, need to figure out what path you want to take. You see, the right path is the path YOU believe is right and the one you want to pursue."

"T-The path...I want to chose?"

Master Hao only nodded, before looking up at the blue skies overhead, watching the pink cherry blossom leaves falling above them. "Yes. We masters are supposed to teach the next generation that they can make their own decisions...that they only need to listen to their own hearts." he looked back at Nero and smiled. "So, do you think you know what to do now, Nero?"

"Y-Yeah I do. I think....I think my heart is telling me to fight for the light." Nero said, putting a hand at his chest, feeling his heart beating. "That...and to become the best master I can be. Just like you!"

This caused Hao to laugh once more, before shaking his head. "Now that would be something to see, Nero my boy! I hope I get to see the day that happens!"

x393wz.jpg

This thought...this memory, it caused Nero to smile and even chuckle a little. All the while, feeling a few tears sliding down his cheeks. That was right, he did make that statement to his master, didn't he? To become the best master he can be, just like him. This only made Nero smile more.

If you could see me now...Master. Nero thought, wiping his eyes of the tears that still plagued his eyes.

"And just in case none of that seemed to resonate through your funked up little head, let me make my stance very clear: funk. You."

The young man looked at Kenpachi and heard the answer he gave off. Of course, he figured it was going to be quite the vulgar sounding response to a question...but still, he knew that Kenpachi was right in doing what he did. Now it was his turn.

"You said...that you and me are alike." Nero spoke up, moving forward some. "And everything you said was true. I did fall into darkness...twice. I fell into darkness that day...and when Xansvita took me. And through my journey here, I was able to reclaim this..." he paused, calling forth the X-Blade to his hand, before staring at it. "This...this is, like you said, a testament to my apparent pure conviction..."

He let it vanish from his hand, before sighing, closing his eyes before looking to stare at Isamy. "Everything you said was true, except for one thing. You said we both fought in a war...not because of some ideology...but because we had no choice." he shook his head, before smiling. "There's a difference there. I don't know the full extent of the wars you fought in and the reasons you did...but I know my reasoning."

Taking a small breath, Nero spoke once more. "I chose my path. I chose to walk the path of light rather than darkness...and I chose to fight." he said, pointing his thumb at his chest. "My heart led me to the path I should go...and it's only because of this that I chose the right path for myself. I'm human...and all humans, least the ones I've met, are born with two things: free-will and the ability to make decisions. And for a Keyblade wielder...as long as your listening to your heart, your going down the right path." he paused before lowering his hand. "And right now...it's telling me that the path your wanting...is the wrong path."

Nero now stood beside Kenpachi and spoke one last time to Isamy. "My answer is no."

Team Dorian: In the End!

Traveling with total sensory deprivation was...an experience. As the team landed into the blank space of nothingness it was quite obvious that they were, confused. They wanted to think this borderline blank landscape was anticlimatic but what was one honestly supposed to expect from this instance. It was quite foreboding to say the least. As the team began to wander the empty void of nothingness they were met with the same pristine figure that they saw in the painting. As it did its mental speaking the group's collective eyes widened as she revealed herself to be Isamy Maximus. 

To be honest, they were all completely surprised it did not occur to them that their original boss had made her way here. Though maybe that wasn't the most correct way of thinking about it. It would be more fair for them to think that she actually fell to all of the countermeasures someone to take her down they never doubted that she could reach this point on her own. Isamy's mental projection with such emotion and the contrast with her lack of visual expression was certainly off. What was more entertaining was the thought that if Isamy asked her soldiers of the Divine to attack the CC they would do it on a heartbeat. 

Isamy transferred her story into their minds and they paid attention to all of it. They understood what happened and Butlerok got some closure after finding out what happened to his meal that was to be Byakuya. To experience her story was quite moving for Dorian as this whole paradox and omniversal riddles thing was almost beyond him, but she was immersed in this way of life or maybe it was more appropriate to say that "they" at this moment. 

When all was said and done Isamy pulled out the card/Key of Origin the team instinctively tried to act but this power of infinity kept them from moving as Isamy started to make her sales pitches.

"Dorian von Schroeder. Head of Schroeder Corp, the Celestial Violent Star, the finest of Divine. You endured a year of constant hell to get here. Do you still remember me?  Of course I do boss.  I must admit, I originally came to your world to recruit your father Ziegfried. Fair, can't argue with that logic. However, when I was approached by his adopted son, fearlessly hoarding his ego over me, I was...mesmerized. As frail as he was, the Perfect Balance between his mind, body, and soul, the control over his existence that would surely guarantee him a great life, convinced me to take him on. That man would soon perish, his soul cast out of the war, vulnerable to all the havoc of the multiverse; I wouldn’t be surprised if the journey to hell turned that exposed soul into a Distortion itself. However, he held on, and ultimately rose from the ashes-much like an almighty phoenix. You are a businessman with big dreams and brutal ambition, conquering Death through attrition alone. Many would call you a villain. But, I think you’re just like me. Seeking satisfaction. Bennu Dorian, you truly are worthy of the title ‘Untouchable Emperor’.”  

If Dorian was free to move to his hands clutch his heart he would have he was so moved. I love you too...is all he could think.

"Well, my comrade, our deal is finally drawing to a close. You have endlessly impressed me on this progressive journey of yours, and have overcome every hardship, no matter how strong or ridiculous. Now, just as my other self promised, the Door of Origin is at your fingertips. To fulfill that satisfaction of yours. Will you stand by my side, and make the rules to your heart’s content?” 

Oh you understand me so well don't you? I have to admit. I've never really been in someone's employ before, so this isn't the best compliment, but you are the best boss I've had. Dorian thought to himself.

Butler. Dorian’s closest friend and greatest ally. When you entered the Origin War, you were powerless to protect your master. But now, here you stand, one with the Demon Sword Ragnarok, in possession of the Alpha Stigma, wielding the power of many great souls; the greatest bodyguard in the omniverse. As I thought, giving you access to the Vault made you practically unstoppable. But despite the exceptional circumstances that you have been placed in, despite the tremendous power that you have amassed, you have remained ever-faithful to your master. Never doubting your purpose, even under all of that madness, even under the Pathways’ scrutiny. You are a precious rarity we need more of, and Ragnarok has been wise to select you as his host; as an opportunist, I am sure he will cooperate with whichever decision you take. Now, the greatest power of all is at our fingertips. Will you souls take this opportunity?”

Really...She only references you when all of us are here! Gyokuen said rather sternly inside the hive mind that was Butlerok.

Correct I'm a God! I should be considered in this discussion too! Hades bellowed. 

Genryuusai Yammato was silent but his intensity was felt with everyone else. He understood what was being offered and he understood what was at stake.

Butler simply looked over to his master and noticed the tears going down the man's face. What was going to happen here? 

Wyvern Rhadamanthys. The Celestial Fierce Star. Oh God of Death, it is my honour to be in your presence, as it was for my other half. You have upheld the remarkable responsibility of being a judge of the underworld without question. Having stayed gloriously loyal to Hades all this time. Even now, you fight in your lord’s name, do you not? Your battles with the Saints of Athena has been arduous, not without consequence, and I promise you as I did all that time ago that the Door holds the power to rewrite that. I beseech, for your Lord Hades, will you stand with me?”

Rhadamanthys would've been more moved by her words if his pride wasn't constantly being attacked by the fact that she could keep him in check for so long. 

However when the infinity symbol faded it was clear that everyone was able to move again. After checking all of their cognitive functions. Butlerok and Rhadamanthys both looked at Dorian who seemed to be most affected by what happened. The two then looked at each other wondering who was going to do ask the first question. That didn't matter as Dorian was going to be the first to talk. 

Butler, if we take her up on her offer would we become like that Byakuya person? Dorian said staring straight forward trying to compose his strength. 

Butlerok simply nodded. Even though they didn't my eye contact Dorian could feel the nod. 

Dorian took in a deep inhale and let out a very heavy sigh...but then he heard someone else's input. 

"You put the entire multiverse at risk for some greedy, self-righteous story that I ain't buyin'.  You twisted a bunch of people's minds and got them to work for your crazy ass.  You killed a Counter Guardian, and your cronies killed me.  You broke my comrade's mind and had this bald-headed bastard kill him outta mercy.  But most importantly, you got my best friend killed,"

Well, that's the thing isn't it? Dorian said loud enough so Butlerok and Rhadamanthys could hear him. I was never twisted, I was never confused, I knew who I was working for and what I was doing. She was almost perfectly transparent with us wasn't she Butler. 

Emphasis on almost. She did not admit to us that she stole the objects from our universes. Butler responded somewhat hesitant. 

Meh semantics Dorians scoffed. I liked her leadership qualities. She was direct, authoritative and powerful. Someone one could almost look-up to. 

So what are you going to do Dorian? Butler asked trying not to make a fist. 

Dorian snickered as he detected the "you" in that sentence. Soooo are you saying you've made up your mind and if I don't go the same way you'll kill me again? Dorian then looked directly into Butler's eyes.

A...A...Again? Butler caught off guard. Rhadamanthys felt a similar way as it was almost as if the boy knew about events he shouldn't have known. 

I assume you two killed me during one of those Pathway trials. I'm guessing it was Death and I represent your future's you don't want to deal with. I don't take offense, it has just been easier for both of you to let me take hits since the pathways so I figure you've gotten used to the image of me dying. He snickered at the end letting their awkward silence be his validation.

After another heavy breathe Dorian smiled. Frankly I'm glad you two went through that and I'm glad I've gone through what I've gone through. Because without it....

"And just in case none of that seemed to resonate through your funked up little head, let me make my stance very clear," Kenpachi growled.  

"funk.  You."

....without it...

And right now...it's telling me that the path your wanting...is the wrong path."

Nero now stood beside Kenpachi and spoke one last time to Isamy. "My answer is no."

...I don't think I would've had the resolve to kill her. Like I do now. He concluded with a smile. Butlerok and Rhadamanthys smiled.

WE IN THERE!!!! Ragnarok shot out the back of the Butler elated to speak. Man we were worried we may actually have to kill you the demon sword spoke. 

And I'm glad. And I'm sure Isamy's glad too. Dorian shrugged in bemusement. This must be what that Nameless one felt. Confusing Loyalty. Unfortunately, I love me too much. Dorian added.

Exactly. Butler replied.

My soul will not be merged. I want satisfaction...but on my terms. I cannot write "everyone lives happily ever after" because now it doesn't mean anything. I don't mind helping people getting to that stage, but if that is the case then how can they cherish it when they didn't work for it. It's selfish and I've grown out of the sentiment. I have the power to write my own narrative already...I don't need to write others and I can't work for someone who would.

Ragnarok laughed. I couldn't have said it better. You know baldy I was upset there for a second. Happily ever after sounds awfully boring and one thing I can say is you guys have never bored me.

The war between Athena and Hades would mean nothing if I took this offer. Rhadamanthys scoffed. There is no honor in this kind of power and I can't deign to listen to someone who would use it in this manner. 

Team Dorian looked at Kenpachi and the Keyblade warrior and while they didn't move to their side it was clear that they were in this battle to the bitter end. 

It was hard to really describe what just happened. Kind of like being born. You couldn't even remember what it was like, but you just know you couldn't feel anything at the time. That's how Lydia, Avalon, Red, and Hapshiel felt once they resurfaced before the Door of Origin. Still a little dazed from utter dissociation, Lydia released Koishi's hand as she strode forward, her senses enraptured by the Door of Origin, and just... well, something seemed wrong with it. And maybe that something wrong had something to do with the unsettling proof of her concerns: Isamy Maximus.

Hapshiel seemed less nonplussed by the experience, given that his sealing had been sheer glory unto itself for that much time in solo play. But this place, it felt unholy, mortal made, in the consensus of mortality in the face of existence itself, rather than some deification. And then Isamy spoke, her story flooding through the minds of everyone present.

"Hapshiel. The Angel of Love. The sight of you makes me cringe, I must admit, but perhaps that’s not so bad. I am envious of your unyielding confidence. The message you spread is a positive one, and you do so without the faintest trace of fear. When Ophelia brought you into the Origin War, you knew exactly what you had to do. You have truly dedicated every inch of your being to your belief… And believe me, it's a belief that I share. Both you and I have bore witness to true evil, and in our own ways, we have acted against it. Our goals are in alignment. Through the Door, everyone may know true love. Will you help me share that love?”

Lydia Armstrong. Sorceress of Hope, Slayer of LERNA. Avalon suits you-you’re practically unrecognizable as you are. You started off headstrong, the spunky magical girl sidekick to your best-friend-turned-superhero, and I imagine you were like that coming into the Origin War. LERNA must have changed that. The hope in your heart was exposed to the greatest despair… You’ve only grown stronger since your victory, even besting my father in single combat. That resolute look on your face reminds me of a Counter Guardian. Even if you’re only twenty-three, there is no doubt as to your maturity. But even if we don’t see eye to eye, we don’t have to oppose one another, Lydia. You understand the power of hope. Together, we can spread hope to everyone in this reality. Would you deny that opportunity?”

There was poignancy in her words, and a genuine sincerity as well, but, her attitude and actions belied something else. And it seems others caught on to that, as some guy with an eyepatch raised his voice in rage, and Lydia couldn't blame him. In truth, something about what Isamy was saying just pissed her off immensely. "I thought I knew what the greatest despair was when I faced LERNA, but now I see she was nothing in comparison to, to all of this. "And they all lived happily ever after"?! Are you joking? How could everyone live happily ever after when every has completely different ideas of happy? That idea alone causes me more despair than anything LERNA could have done, because it's terrifying to even think that you would push your own ideal on everyone. To put your grubby fingers all over them. Becoming one with you still makes you you, and you sure as heck aren't promising to undo the damage you are responsible for! What about all of our homes? Do they get their "happily ever after" when they don't even exist!? And it's all your fault that they don't! How could any of us accept your pretty words when you're the reason we're in this mess. YOU'RE the reason we don't have homes to go to! YOU'RE THE REASON MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE WORSE THAN DEAD! If you truly believed in what you were doing the right thing, then why are you here showing off at us instead of doing what you think you should be doing? Because you want the best for us? If you wanted that then you wouldn't have made a war happen that dragged us into this mess! If you wanted what's best for us you wouldn't have gone on an insane quest that threatens to tear all of existence apart. You DON'T care about any of that at all! You only care about satisfying your ego by pretending to be some kind of superhero in desperate need of a pat on a back and a cookie. And as someone who used to do that, that's really sad!" the sorceress vented with all her might.

Hapshiel, for once in a very long time, felt contemplative. It was such a thoughtful request and desire, but thoughtfulness can be wrapped up in selfishness, and the poor girl's wishes where smothered by them. "There is no "true evil" child, as evil does not exist in absolutes. Though sins carry different weights, they all carry the same weight of evil that is sin. Evil takes many forms, and I see now that you are one of them. God gave us all free will so we can make our own decisions, we can act on our own ideals of good and evil. Yes, I do desire to fill the world with love and peace, but not at the cost of free will. Not at the cost of hatred and chaos, for they are required to comprehend love and peace, to appreciate them. You desire a world where everyone is happy, but how can happiness be without misery to make those times far more blessed than ever? I might be eternally optimistic, because I have known what it is like to feel misery and despair, to languish in the lowest of the lows. And I can safely say that I do not wish upon our reality what you wish, it simply wouldn't work. As that golden child said, happiness comes in many forms. Some cannot be happy without the suffering of others. How do you hope to satisfy every desire for happiness when they all conflict so thoroughly? And if all are happy, then no one is. There is no misery to compare it too. But you, I see you have our best wishes in mind, but this is not the right way. You can't force people to be happy, and you shouldn't conflict with free will. No good will come in your attempts to re-write the world as you see fit, because one person should not decide upon the fate of the masses, there is simply not enough objectiveness in the world to accomplish that feat!"

The void consumed Kazuya as he entered the painting. Incapable of feeling any sensations, incapable of seemingly doing anything, for a short moment Kazuya felt like he was completely bare and helpless. Floating inside of the emptiness in a seeming solitude, slowly, Kazuya stopped thinking.

At least, until light flooded in, revealing a mangled and distorted space. The place supposed to be the fabled Door of Origin? But it was so run down and it didn't even look like a real door. Something was clearly off. Regaining his composure, Kazuya looked around, and noticed the humanoid shape in the distant. Slowly forming, slowly turning into the same figure that was depicted in the painting he entered earlier. She was...pretty. Kazuya thought. It was the first thing that he noticed, but it was not something calming. Her supposed beauty was otherworldly and oppressing at the same time. It was like being fascinated at something completely alien, yet still somehow humanlike enough.

And she spoke right into his and everyone else's mind, welcoming them as she said that she had been waiting for a long time. What followed, the next thing Kazuya could perceive, was a complete barrage of stories and informations and revelations coming one after other, overwhelming him to the point that he had little to no idea on how to respond. A happily ever after? Injustice in this existence? What was she thinking? Kazuya thought, still trying to make sense of her words.

Yet, something about those words that he hadn't digested enough made him already feel some sympathy to the cause of this person. And then, a message followed. A personalized message, sent right towards his mind.

“Kazuya Minegishi. Once called Abel, the First Martyr, but now a summoner of awesome beings. You are so young and inexperienced, yet this is not the first war you have been dragged into. You were brought into the war between angels and demons, and in a mere seven days, banished all demons from Tokyo… Yet this did not last, you knew it would not, and you dread your powerlessness in the whole affair. You joined the Counter Corps because you saw hope to create lasting peace in your world. Look beyond, my friend, to the Door I offer. To true lasting peace. Will you take it?”

A very clear, and a very personal message. An invitation. A ticket to the end, a potential realization to his goal. Pulling himself out from the lure of the message, Kazuya attempted to raise his voice, trying to protest. The others had spoken their refusal as far as he could see. Surely something about this was off, right? No way someone like her would just give something like that, right? Surely, it was nothing more than a last temptation, an attempt of manipulation to drag everyone so she could use the key for her own gain. Kazuya tried to call her out, he tried to yell that her words were full of bullshit. Lasting peace? That was nothing more than a pipe dream, just like a happily ever after ending.

Yet, nothing came out of his mouth. No words were being spoken.

Was there even any point to continue fighting? Was it really bad for everything to be designated with a happy ending? Frankly, Kazuya was tired of all of that. He fought so his friends could have that happy ending, so they could enjoy the everlasting peace that this Isamy offered. With this, he could actually achieve all that.

His cognitive aspect kept on screaming inside of his head, trying to force him to say his refusal of her offer, yet his heart refused to budge and let his mind do that. Kazuya was grinded into a halt, unable to decide a stance now.

~Neos' POV~

"It's probably a bad time to ask, but Neos, what exactly did you do to Lady Arturia?"

"The only thing I could tell you is that I got taken for a ride and not in the perverted way," he couldn't help but quip upon being asked, before another figure showed up to speak, directing his odd company's attention as well as his own towards the figure.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a flicker of a small blue glow, one he recognized to be from Jace's eyes, causing him to turn towards the mindmage and realize that he was looking at the figure. Neos saw the glow fade and witnessed the look of shock...and hope? on the man's face before urging his griffon to fly ahead.

"I'd still like to hear more about what happened earlier. It's clear now that Arturia didn't die when her body was killed, so I'd like to see how she met her end, just out of curiosity," Neos heard before turning his eyes back to her. "See you on the other side. And I guess, pardon me for interrupting your rest."

Once she left, Neos shook his head before placing a hand over his face for a second, closing his eyes to try and shake off the headache that was trying to brew. Once he remembered that Jace flew on ahead, however, the false human steeled himself and flew after the mind mage...

In the lack of sound and other senses within the momentary deprivation, his mind created sound, music, within the absence. For a  time he could not discern, Neos was alone with only the griffon he flew into the void in, and he could barely register the touch of the griffon. Among the music he heard in his head, a soundless voice became felt. And though, he heard no voice, his mind provided one for the words, a voice that no longer matched the words.

"Hickory dickory dock...
The martyr upon the clock...
The clock struck noon,
and no more was doom.
Hickory dickory dock..."

The griffon's talons soon fell upon a white ground, not unlike the White Room. Neos looked around, seeing that others had fallen here, seeing Jace as well as Gemini...though, what the hell was that on his head? The false human noticed that no one was moving almost as soon as they entered the area, though all had eyes focused on the figure ahead.

Even among the damaged white, the sight of an off-white ring floating in the sky visible, he still heard the odd music in the backdrop of his hearing. Then, a voice echoed into his head, one that seemed unsure of itself at first, before finally starting to make sense. As a chain of scenes explaining the figure in front of him entered his mind, he was fast to convert the memories into a format he was more familiar with before diving in.

Because of the change in how he experienced the memories, he seemed to have finished taking them in before most, allowing him to catch the very beginning of the being's new words...

'Happily ever after'?

His eyes managed to widen as he saw her literally consume the card that he had realized was the supposed Key of Origin before seeing the figure look each of those present in the eyes for what he felt like a few seconds each, then eyes as unusual as his neon-green ones met with one another...

Neos Rivetter. A fellow traveler of universes, and a badass Ditto. Being Jace's friend automatically makes you more likable. I know what it's like to go through journeys of uncertainty and chaos, entering strange worlds and involving oneself in all these adventures, trying to make a difference. I know what it’s like to suffer as a consequence. The Counter Guardian trusted you because you have a bright head on your shoulders. I apologize for what I had to do, for what I ordered Byakuya to do. Despite what Alexander achieved, you have to admit that Arturia could have changed her mind again at any point-if she had, all of us would’ve been in danger. I wanted her to die happily. There’s so much more you could do. Could you take a leap of faith, for me?”

Once she stopped and time seemed to move forward once more, he heard her actual voice...and it was painful to listen to, not the words, just the sheer lack of emotion in them. It was enough to make him visibly wince and withhold any answer he may have had for the moment.

“Please. Take some time to seriously consider my proposal.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Gemini's POV~

Gemini Rivetter. A fellow invader of Origin. And that’s a hilariously appropriate hat you’re trying to hide there, but I won’t judge your fashion sense. In any case… You’re different from the others. I can see your entire existence, from the moment you were first written to this very point. Calling you a split personality isn’t right, for you’re someone completely separate from Neos. And you are hurting, aren’t you? You were born in pain, and have lived a life of pain. I don’t claim to understand. But I know that pain is pain no matter what, and I live by the simple philosophy that everyone is worth saving. ̷Dr͠o̧p͢ ҉t͠h̸e ̶p҉re҉t͠e͢n͝se҉ ͢t͏h̢at͡ a͟ny̧t̷h̵i͞n̢g ͜m̀àtte̷rs̴, ̴f̕in̛e͢ dèmo̢n. On̕l͝y͢ ͏y̴ou a҉nd̢ ̶I kn͘o̕w ̛of th̶e ̛f̛r̷ight͡e̡ni̢ǹg͜ ̕'͟T͘r͏ưth’.̛ ̵If͢ ̧w͡e͢’re̵ ̛d͡e͘stine̡d͢ ͘to ̴be ̧puppe͡ts,̷ at҉ l͢eas͞t͡ ļet m̨e ͝g̛ive us ̢a͝ll͞ m͞ea͠nįn͞g. Can you find it in you to trust me?”

Once everyone was allowed to move on their own power once again, Gemini cackled as he laughed loudly enough to echo throughout the entirety of the whiteness, preventing him from hearing anyone else that might have spoken during his laughing fit. He was doubled over, a hand over his stomach as it started to sting, but he continued laughing as if he just heard the most-hilarious joke ever. Once he stopped, however, he straightened up to allow his red eyes to meet almost-pitch-black.

"You're more insane than myself, an easy feat considering your current lack of emotion, if you believe that your endeavor will not cause an instant break in reality. Do you wish to know what I view my supposed 'happily ever after' as?"

He took a step forward, not to join her, but to allow his corrosive aura to flare around him without consequence. "It would be to have all the worlds of this Omniverse under my heel by my own power, even someone like you. I don't know about you, but that would run entirely counter-productive to what you would wish to do...wouldn't it?!"

And, due to his own Telepathy ability, despite being considered a Dark-type in his current form, he projected an addition of his own. And what's this about me having the pretense of anything mattering? I'm sorry, I just don't feel like being written out of existence just yet, not while I have a chance to subject this clusterfuck of realities to my will. If you want to do that little addition, I'm not gonna stop ya...but I'm not gonna help ya, either. I'm not funking allowed to, as much as I would like to...

And around his neck and wrists flickered momentary bands of white attached to faint white chains attached to the seeming ground of the place, as if he was physically attached to the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jace's POV~

Jace Beleren. The Mind Mage. The telepathic Planeswalker from back then. Hi. It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up, but you’ve come exceptionally far since then. Let me reassure you, that I am the same as the Isamy you met... The only difference is that, due to my different beginning, I get you even better. I grew up like you, a psychic, you a telepath and I an empath. Forced to share in the sufferings of the many. Forced to witness the injustice of this reality with wider eyes than most. Despite our pain, we took on the responsibility of countless lives, be it as the Living Guildpact or as an Omni… And beyond that, everything else I shared with you is valid. Jace, my friend, you entrusted your life to me once before. Because you understood me. Because we understood each other. Even now, as you listen in on what I’m asking the others, I’m sure you understand every word. Thus, would you be willing to entrust your to me life one more time? I promise... This'll be the last time I ask this.”

Blue and near-black met during this projection, and Jace found himself thinking back to when he first woke up, when he woke in a strange area connected to so many wires and narrow tubes that hurt to remove from himself. It was then that he remembered one critical thing.

If it wasn't for this person, he would not be here. And since the Chandra present seemed to be from a point in his own future, he knew he was guaranteed to survive past this point. With this in mind, he clicked his tongue in thought, then recalled the fraction of the future he saw.

Things weren't showing him having a happy life at that point, since negative things were happening to many.

Is it possible that there's many ways that 'happily ever after' could take, making it so that it would allow a person's final years at least enjoyable, preventing the need to negate pain as a whole to allow those final years for each being to seem like a reward for the trials of each being's life?

Jace urged his griffon to move forward, to which the claws of its paws clanked against the blank flooring. I would not be alive to begin with without you, but I have my own idea behind your goal.

With that, he shared his musings with Isamy by telepathic means...

Split Decisions

Revy sighed heavily, unsurprised by Kenpachi's answer.  She knew the man had some malice in him, but this was different.  From the way Revy had seen Kenpachi fight, he enjoyed battle.  But this wasn't a battle he was looking forward to.  Revy knew what this was about.  It was pure, and absolute revenge that Kenpachi was after.  Had Revy shown up sooner to this battle, perhaps she would understand what Kenpachi was angry about, but Kratos also had not shared everything with her.  She would get to the bottom of it later.

Right now, she was busy shaking her head as she listened to Isamy Maximus prattle on about a perfect world.

"Well.  That' doesn't sound like any fun," Revy said, folding her arms.

"Look, Isamy, babe, don't get me wrong.  A perfect world, with perfect people, and perfect, favorable outcomes.  That's bliss.  But it's also the dullest and shittiest experience someone could have."  Revy took a step back and examined Isamy from afar.  This woman was gorgeous.  Too bad she was so set in her ways.  "The thing about perfection is, once it's perfect, there's nothing you can change about it.  That means it will be the same, over and over, until the end of time.  That's not how people grow.  And that's not how I wanna spend my last days."  

Revy quickly glanced at Kratos, then back at Isamy.  "Sorry sweetie, but I'm not interested in a perfect world.  And I'll tell you why.  In a perfect world, nothing happens.  That means happiness doesn't really exist.  Because if you wanna be happy, you have to go through some sheet.  And I'd rather go through sheet with the people I care about than to live in your twisted reality.  If I had a chance to live my old life from scratch and have my old man beat and rape me again, I'd do it.  Not because I enjoyed being a sex slave or being abused, but because those memories, as painful as they are, made me who I am.  And I'm pretty fuckin' proud of who I am."

Revy shrugged, as she had made her decision.  "So that's my answer.  Plain and simple.  No."

Reimu started to  feel strange again. Her head felt light. As she entered the door, following Revy and the others, a thought passed her mind. It was odd, but it was as if twenty seven days had passed in that instant she touched the painting. The void that followed was strange, but it was not something unfamiliar to Reimu. The feeling of being alive yet could not actually feel anything. Complete emptiness. It was the true essence of Fantasy Heaven. Emptying herself of everything, transcending reality itself. In a way, it was a feeling that she already longed for already.

It did not last much longer however, and soon she arrived in a fragmented space. A figure was on the distance, words starting to echo inside of her mind. A nursery rhyme, Followed by a feeling of immense power, far beyond Arturia, far beyond anything Reimu had ever felt before.

It was her. There was no mistaking it.

Isamy Maximus.

Introducing herself, and a snap of her finger sent some sort of message into Reimu's head. A story? For that moment, in a way Reimu was quite mesmerized by the story told inside. the story of someone that attempted to be a hero, the story of the leader of the Divines. In a way, she reminded her to Tenshi. It's something she would've attempted had she was in the same position as her. However, as much as Reimu was trying to connect the dots on the story she had just been given, Isamy had spoken again,

Something inside of Reimu's head finally clicked.

"Seriously though, three years? That long? s***, whose fault was that? I was waiting here so long that I had come to expect we would never meet, and that I would spend eternity on this land. Well, I’m sorry for complaining. I'm sure each of you must feel the same, having treaded the entire span of the Pathway to Origin.”

Three...years? Three years. Three years of waiting. Three years, A whole three years and sixty five days had passed before Isamy could say that, and now four more days had passed as Reimu thought about those words. Perhaps more, but that was all she could see here. How would she know? How could she actually understand what Isamy was talking about? Something clicked. The nagging feeling that Reimu had been feeling more and more ever since she was in the pathways started to make more sense. This story finally was starting to make sense now. Overwhelmed by this revelation, Reimu's only wish now was to laugh. She started to realize more and more. She started to realize the nature of this conflict. She started to realize her own nature.

After all this time, she could finally understand the nature of her innate intuition. It was just a way for her to always stay in line, after all.

Her thoughts on the matter were interrupted by Isamy's personalized mental message.

“Reimu Hakurei. The Shrine Maiden of Paradise, charged with the task of maintaining the Great Hakurei Barrier between Gensokyo and the outside world. The lives of all youkai essentially rest in your hands. It truly sounds perilous. All your life you have upheld a tremendous responsibility, separating yourself from others for the sake of duty, and I must say I know what that’s like quite well. We’re both Judgment in our own ways. You know that reality can be cruel, don’t you? The Incidents in your land are enough of a reminder at how easily everything can go wrong, and believe me, things go very wrong in other continuities. Thus, I must implore of you. Will you help me set up a new barrier - one against the injustices of this reality?”

At the end of it, Reimu couldn't stop herself anymore. The emotion that had been building up inside of her erupted like a volcano. One day after Revy on her side made her answer, Reimu bursted out laughing before Isamy. It was ridiculous. This entire thing was ridiculous. So she really was serious about the happy ending thing. Tenshi, Yukari, now her. What the hell was with people that couldn't understand anything trying to forcefully change the world "for the better" anyway? Even worse, the words were almost pretty much based entirely on her golden tablet that she read back in the hallway. Her base form, something she had discarded. Her application.

Everything had come together now. All the pieces, every moments had led into this point.

"What actually is wrong with people like you? Exactly two years and 106 days ago, another foolish individual in the Pathway of Remembrance asked me of the same offer, and my opinion hasn't changed one bit. You're talking about the unfairness of reality, but rather than facing it, you want to grant everyone escape because you think it's all unfair? What's the point? What makes it your right to decide that? If you give everything their good ending, then might as well not live. You might as well try to destroy all existence, and I'd find your motivation slightly more sympathetic.

Stop pretending that you understand me, or anyone else here for the matter. You just decided to read up on our entries while you're here and from that you had this idea that you already understood the universe enough that you feel the solution you made yourself is the absolute truth. Injustice such as suffering? That's just life!

I'd rather laze around in my shrine doing nothing, but the kind of place you're making isn't something I'm interested in. As the Shrine Maiden of Paradise, I am here to resolve this incident caused by you, and I'm still going to do it now. Besides, I'd rather not break tradition and not have a final boss now."

"You know, Isamy." Descending from her gap, Yukari finally made her appearance after the woman in white goaded her to. "Right now I'm not here to win. Personally I don't care enough of your proposal, so I'd rather just wait on the sidelines and see how the others here would handle the situation. I made a promise already regarding that, after all."

She paused for a moment, and gave a side glance towards Reimu, as if she was acknowledging something. The shrine maiden flickered like an unstable hologram for a moment before looking like normal once more. In her prideful and irritable expression, for a moment Yukari showed signs of sadness before it became buried away once more inside in her confident smirk.

"I don't think you're lying. There's that at least. And I personally don't have anything against you or your proposal. It's just that you didn't interest me in any way either. it's pretty simple, isn't it?"

Chandra

Showing up at the other end, still riding the griffin she'd been loaned, Chandra looked at the lady ahead of them as she was frozen in place with everyone else. The door behind the lady was seemingly less than it should be, as if it wasn't completed yet. The lady, now identified as the Isamy the CC had been formed to fight against, showed her a rather confusing story that she didn't really care much about, this was the big enemy they were supposed to fight, wasn't it. Still, her goal was certainly interesting, if rather hard to conceive being accomplished in any reasonable way, and her request was persuasive to say the least. If not for her continued association with Jace and his mind magics, she probably wouldn't have noticed that subtle manipulation of emotions behind her words. As it was, that just made her more wary, this enemy she should be disagreeing with and rejecting, instead trying to simply convince them to join her.

Chandra Nalaar. The Fire of Kaladesh, and a formidable Planeswalker. You’re powerful, rebellious, and unafraid to show it, an embodiment of flames through and through. Like Jace, you have witnessed much of the terrors that this reality has throughout your travels, and you have acted against it however you can. I know how that feels very well. I also know that your flames originate from a source of pain - forgive me for bringing this up, but wasn’t it fire that burned your village and your family to the ground? The fires of the Consulate? And what did that achieve? Remember that pain, that agony. The same pain we all feel in the face of such incomprehensible horrors. With the Door, we can raze pointless tragedies like that to the ground! What do you say?”

She narrowed her eyes at the most recent words, even as her body was freed to move again, sparks of fire running over her hair as her loss of her parents was brought up. She'd moved on and accepted their deaths, but that blatant attempt at using them to manipulate her just brought back a pang of pain and brought her to look over the lady with a harsher gaze. As people moved to reject Isamy, her own decision was solidified, and she let her own opinion be heard.

"I refuse. I won't join someone who so callously brings up people's pasts, trampling on old scars and trying to cow us to your way of thinking through power. In the end, you are still the person I was called in to fight against, and so I will follow through with my word, and put a stop to your goals. For all of your fancy goal, you are the one responsible for destroying so many homes, and ending so many lives without care for the consequences."

Ayame

Finding herself in this wide empty space, her eyes were inevitably drawn to the faint outline of the door off in the distance, and the lady standing between her and the door. Listening to Isamy's story, Ayame had to wonder if fighting against her was really the right choice. Aside from the obvious power the lady possessed, her goals weren't the horrible aim she'd first thought, and was instead something purely idealistic, rather than some villain's goal. Seeing her life story too, made it easy to sympathize with her and follow her goals. Then she offered that deal of hers, to merge with the lady and control her own happy ending from the origin. It had been a while since she'd been taken by such a pure aim, and even before the individual offer was made, she knew she'd made her choice, a choice only reinforced by the offer made, and the knowledge that success would allow her to finally fulfill the goals she'd been working towards for the last little while.

Ayame Kaguya. Half-human, half-demon, and free from the influence of shadows. Your life has been defined by your desire to be there for others. After the loss of your mother, your father constantly went to great lengths to protect you, so the enrolment at that academy seemed only natural. You met Naomi, and your beliefs and your friendship were tested. You patiently stood by her side for years, forming a bond unlike any other… And this reality, cruel as it was, murdered Naomi in cold blood. My other self erased the Shadow Realm exactly because of its evil; I never could have imagined it would actually attempt to persevere via a host. I respect that we may not agree with one another, but think about what I offer. Do you want a tragedy like that to happen again?”

Stepping forward as she was released, smiling back to Kazuya as she did, Ayame walked up to the lady standing there, before falling to one knee in front of her.

"For the sake of saving my dear friends, and making sure my world no longer has to go through such tragedies, I accept your offer."

Darcy

Looking at Isamy, or as it was revealed, Ameliorer, Darcy simply watched and waited as the girl ate the key and then shared her sob story, locked in place and forced to listen to everything the girl had to say. And boy, did she like to monologue too, though her outward appearance was much more contained than the emotions in her speech would suggest. Eventually, the group were given individual messages, evidenced by the fact she and Satori got different ones, and people started to react to the girl's offer. Most of them, unsurprisingly, declined, often in quite a vocal factor. Though, at least one so far had chosen to accept her offer, and take her side instead of fighting against her, and several seemed to still be undecided.

Darcy. The Dark Witch. My first real recruit. It was a pretty nervewracking experience for the other me. You weren't nearly as nice as I expected, so your straightforward request took me off-guard! Still, never a moment goes by when you don't know what you're doing. I can't help but admire that firm ambition of yours. You sought power, and you seized every opportunity you were given. Deep in my heart, I actually disliked you at first, but in retrospect, we were never that different. We're both stubborn, selfish outsiders. So, as we did long ago, would you care to serve me?”

“And Satori Komeiji... There is little to say to a golem. But I admire the love you have for your sister. That feeling alone is true enough to keep you going. Whatever she decides, I implore of you to not stop her.”

Responding in telepathy, not really wanting to actively piss off the do-gooders for once with her own opinion, Darcy relayed her choice.

While I fought for Isabella at first, under the name of the Divine, I didn't really agree with her goal anyway. While I doubt your end goal could work, on the off chance it does it would probably ruin my own higher enjoyment. Were it to succeed in enforcing happiness, being happy isn't a single state, but rather comes in changing levels, and I would probably end up rather unsatisfied with such a life. Besides, we are different as it so happens, I have never one subscribed to such idealistic views that you so completely believe in. Besides, while I fought under the entity known as Isamy, I fought for Isabella, not you Ameliorer, and I refuse to hand over my soul even to you.

Darcy smirked up at the emotionless lady, waiting to see what would happen next and how Ameliorer would react to everything.

Ruins

He had heard Kenpachi's statement.  He had heard how Kenpachi loathed Isamy.  He had heard Revy's only declaration of independence.  It was no surprise to him.  Finally, it was Kratos' turn to make a decision.  He realized, first and foremost, that if he said yes, he would lose Revy, possibly forever.  But if Kratos said no, could he really go back to his world?  Was there a world for him to go back to?  His family was dead.  His allies had turned traitor on him, and Kratos had sought vengeance.  Vengeance had been had, and yet, Kratos felt very unsatisfied.  He longed for battle again.  But he also longed for love.  True love.  The love that he lost when a blind rage consumed him, and cost him his wife and his daughter.

Lysandra and Calliope.  They were among the most precious things to him.  Yet, he would never lay his hands on his family again.  Fortunately, Kratos had been freed from his past mistakes on the Pathway to Death.  However, those thoughts would never leave his mind.  Did he dare to return empty-handed only to his own vices?  Or should he seek more?

This Isamy person.  She seemed to know a lot about Kratos.  He didn't like that.  He didn't like the way she offered--not a new life--but a way out.  That was something Kratos sought a long time ago.  And the gods refused to fulfill his request.  Still, it appeared that Isamy, in all her power, was the one person who could give Kratos his "way out".

"You speak and say you understand, but I do not believe you," Kratos said at last.  "You are much like my enemies.  You are empty and heartless.  I would rather swim in the River Styx before I spend an eternity with an empty shell like you.  The gods could not best me.  And neither can you."

Revy nodded beside Kratos with satisfaction.

"Guess we're in it to win it, huh big guy?" Revy asked, nudging Kratos.

"Yes," he said with a nod.  "We are."

Tough Love

Yachiru admittedly loved Isamy's appearance.  She was truly beautiful.  Her skin was flawless.  Her face demanded attention, yet it was gentle and welcoming.  Her body was perfect, from the crown of her head to the sole of her feet.  This made Yachiru chuckle to herself.  It was no wonder to her that these people -- her allies and her enemies -- had been saying no to Isamy.  Perfection was such a dull, and boring concept.

Yachiru squirmed her way to the top of Kenpachi's head and spread his hair out a bit so she had a place to stand as she spoke down to Isamy.

"Hey!" he groaned.

"Shush Kenny," Yachiru demanded.  "Small-boobs-need-a-sun-tan-lady.  I don't like you," Yachiru said at last.  She pointed a finger at Isamy's face.  "Your words are pretty but your tongue is vile.  You're a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Your words appear innocent, but they are laced with poison.  You're not a lady.  You're a monster," Yachiru stated.

Revy looked over to Yachiru, impressed.  She shot Yachiru a thumbs up, which Yachiru returned.

"But I have good news for you.  If you ever want to know how to really be a lady, when Kenny takes your soul to the Soul Society, I hold regularly scheduled women's classes.  You are cordially invited."

~Neos's POV~

As he recovered from the lack of emotion the greeter gave them, the fabled Isamy Maximus he had heard of infrequently on his short time upon the And With Strange Aeons appeared to watch and listen patiently to the responces of the masses present. Though, the descriptions he had heard did not match the figure in front of him and he began to suspect that her patience was due to a lack of emotion, so she was unlikely to at least display, if not experience, annoyance or impatience.

Since he stepped through the portal and stepped within this near-white area, he had been seeing and hearing most of the people deny the 'offer', some of the refusals quite adamant in their announcement.

However, he did see a rare number step forward.

Gemini stepped forward, but gave a denial, flaring out his wicked black and red aura to stress a point.

Another, a lady he was unfamiliar with but had a faint similar yet different vibe to Gemini, stepped forward with a simple answer, an acceptance of the offer for the sake of others.

The third he saw stepping forward was doing so on the back of a familiar beast, a griffon much like the Azorius Firstwing he flew in...

"Jace, what are you---?" A hand covered his mouth suddenly and pulled him to the back of the group, the hand familiar in color and feel. Neos found himself looking back towards his assailant, towards another Gemini, whom maintained a serious and somber expression. "What are you doing," Neos hissed in a low whisper towards Gemini once the hand was removed and he was freed, turning full around to better look at the demon that had emerged from him.

It was then he noticed the white around his neck and wrists and how it seemed like all three had some form of chain connecting to the ground, making him look more like a dog bound to a specific post in the ground. "What happened to you?"

"I am a prisoner here," Gemini flatly stated in response. "And I am forced to do certain things, like stopping characters like you, that belong to a puppeteer whom also has a character that has accepted her offer, from interfering in the others' choices." There was a snarl in his words, as if he did not enjoy his forced role.

"...you know what's going on, do you?"

Gemini looked up towards Neos, vivid-red meeting neon-green.
Of course I do.
"No, I do not," Gemini stated, his voice flat and even. "But you have a decision to make. You're probably one of the few with the least-selfish reason here for using Origin, what say you to her...though I can say that you will be joining her no matter what you say here."
Same could be said for me.
Hearing this, the feeling of defiance surged in Neos for a moment before the false human turned to face the fabled Isamy, stepping forward but not breaking the perceived line to indicate approaching and joining the girl. "I don't know what Jace is thinking in approaching you, but I'm not going to join you. I just came here to undo the damage you have ended up causing to the Omniverse and get out here...and I'm pretty much sure that Lambda, or as he's known as on my world as Arceus, would not appreciate you funking with something he helped create."

What was her reasoning to be entangled in this conflict, anyway?

Deprived of all of her senses, the nameless girl fully embraced the complete darkness as a place she was familiar the most. Nothing to hear, nothing to see, only her thought remained. At this eleventh hour before the end of the conflict, the girl couldn't help but ask a question to herself. It had been something many had asked to her, and she had answered it in many different ways before. Yet, in this solitude, she couldn't help but think she really still had no idea about why she was here.

Was she really fighting to give a future to everyone else? Was it what she wanted? Was it what she really wanted?

What was that "future" she was talking about anyway? At the very least, she was aware that it was not an ending that she seeked. For everyone to be able to continue the way they wanted it? That seemed more tangible, yet the nameless girl felt like it was still too distant for her to properly grasp. Even now, she was still moving forward simply because of an ideal that wasn't hers, an ideal she barely understood. At least she acknowledged it now, but the other part had barely changed. It's not incorrect to fight to fulfill a promise she made to the one she treasured the most. Yet, was it actually right?

"From this height perhaps, I thought I might understand you.

At least, let me embrace this dream that I might."

In the end, the nameless girl thought that Tenshi's cause was absurd. An absurd and romantic cause that she couldn't but feel an endearment to, but still absurd nevertheless, and she honestly had little idea about how she would even achieve that other than warping reality itself using the Door somehow. But that wasn't what the nameless girl wanted. Not now. Honoring Tenshi's wish? In the end, Tenshi simply wished for the nameless girl to create her own future. Leaving the ties that had been binding her behind. Perhaps even Tenshi understood the absurdity of her cause. Perhaps that was why she chose to die rather than killing the nameless girl back then.

Perhaps, after all this time, the nameless girl really only fought because of her wish to be reunited with her treasure once more. So many tales she wanted to hear from her, so many adventures she wished to have with her. Perhaps just once, the nameless girl wished to be able to talk to her beloved once more while they could finally understand each others' words. Even if it would take a thousand years, even if it would take an eternity for it to be even possible. Even if it's impossible, perhaps that really wasn't a bad reason to reach the end.

It's really not wrong to be selfish, after all. This life was hers, and hers alone. As much as Arturia denied it, the story she was experiencing now, this narrative from her perspective, all of this was her own story.

Dorian was right. No matter how she cut it, the future's a complete mystery, and the past couldn't be changed. So, what's the point in worrying too much about it? Fight to live for another day, fight so her story could be continued. To live in the now, rather than worrying about uncertainties of the unknown. So perhaps she should just fight so the suffering caused by this war could end, and that'd be it. She had little care about how the Door was used afterwards. The thought made the nameless girl smile in the midst of the darkness. It seemed that she finally understood why something about Dorian had been drawing herself in all this time. No matter how much she disliked his occasional rudeness, his way of thinking was something that could resonate within her. The thought almost made her laugh. It was not the love of her life, nor the idealized idol that resonated within her. It was simply an unlikely friend that she made along the way that for once genuinely drew her in.

That was it then. She had made up her mind completely. What was left now would be whatever challenge lies beyond this darkness.

After all, she couldn't see herself half-doing anything now. If she couldn't fulfill Tenshi's ideal, then at least she would finish her fight in her own way.

Satori drew a glancing few towards her sister a few times as she listened to Darcy's mental answer towards Isamy. The various people inside of the area had given their answer, but Koishi had been awfully silent for a while. Isamy was right that as simply a construct, Satori would be discounted from having a say in this matter, but as her worried gaze towards Koishi could infer, she hoped that whatever Koishi's answer was, the girl hopefully would find that answer to be what she truly wanted.

Isamy was right that she should trust whatever Koishi decided on. And she didn't lie either on any of her words. She was telling the entire truth, but the question here would be, was it really right to follow her words? In the end, Satori simply decided to wait as she relayed a message towards Darcy.

"I'm afraid that with how strong of a telepath Ameliorer is, I would not be able to  help you by relaying informations to you as her mental block would perhaps be too strong for me to pierce, and she would be aware of the mental messages we sent to each other anyway. I could support you using my Recollection however, as long as I could sustain myself with mana.

But...on the chance of my sister ended up choosing to side with Ameliorer, I'm afraid that I would also go to her side."

"Ayame...are...are you serious with this?"

Kazuya, still being indecisive, was quite taken aback by how readily Ayame decided to follow Isamy. It was a move that he wouldn't disagree with, and in his mind, that decision by his friend had affected her thought process too on whether to agree with Isamy or not. Right now Kazuya was still stuck. As much as what Isamy wanted to achieve with the door was something he wanted to achieve too, he couldn't agree fully with how it would be fulfilled.

However, that brought a question to his mind. Did he even have any ideas on how to achieve a happy ending himself, anyway? He had no idea, aside from sacrificing himself so he would end up as a shield so his world would not be a plaything for angels and demons anymore. On the other hand, did isamy have any idea about it? The Door would fulfill it for her, so she wouldn't have to think about it. But, how would the door work in achieving it? Would it really be what everyone would want, or what?

In the end, the words that came out of Kazuya shaped itself into a question.

"What is the happy ending you are talking about, Isamy? Do you have any ideas about that happy ending in the first place?"

It was like with Gin and Haru again, wasn't it? Choosing a way out not because of him truly believing of the ideals of the ones leading the route, but simply because of convenience. Without thinking, he had been tempted by Isamy's ideals because it was seemingly the most convenient way to achieve what he wanted, yet he barely thought about the choice beforehand.

"How would the Door even fulfill such an abstract concept in the first place or do you have anything more detailed in your mind about your wish? Would this happy ending even be the happy ending everyone wanted and deserved, or would this happy ending simply a happy ending you think everyone wanted and deserved?"

Not again. If Kazuya were to pick a path to go forward, then he would choose the one with an ideal he could actually believe in. If Isamy really was supposed to be in the right, then he must understand everything on what her side offered. On what she was even fighting for.

"I agreed with you that everyone deserved a happy ending, Isamy. Yet, I barely know anything about what you're offering. I know at least that you're not lying, so please. Lay bare everything about this vision of yours.

Tell me that your cause really is worth fighting for."

"I..."

A soft voice rose out from the midst of the answers. Koishi was unable to bring herself to see Isamy or the others. Isamy's plea and the others' answers reverbrated inside of her mind. Lydia's answer in particular struck her hard. It was like when the Lunarians wanted to perform the Moonlight Descent Ceremony, wasn't it? Bringing so many sadness, so many suffering, because of a good cause that everyone didn't unanimously agree with. It was people like her that destroyed the Gensokyo that Yukari loved.

But, in the end, Isamy only wished what Koishi herself wished. Why should there be sadness in this world? Suffering, loss, everyone shouldn't feel those things. Anger, despair, nobody deserved to be subjected to the cruel and unjust reality.

A mother drowning her own baby out of the despair from making a wrong choice in her life. The friends she interacted with, becoming monstrous and destructive so the world could unite against them. A young girl watching her only friend being crushed before her. Nobody deserved to have any of that happened to them.

But that wasn't what Yukari would have wanted. Koishi knew, Yukari was quite practical and would rather fight for something tangible. If she heard Koishi wanting that kind of world, she would have just laughed it off in front of her. In the end, didn't Yukari only fight because she wanted her world to return, and for the key to not fall into unworthy hands?

Where was she when Koishi needed her the most anyway? Without her, Koishi couldn't decide a thing here. The abomination near Reimu wasn't her, and Koishi couldn't see any signs of her presence anywhere in the area. Did she stay behind to do something? Of course. Yukari always had a plan. She would appear soon, and Koishi would then be able to pick an answer. It was really hard, picking any choices when neither she nor Satori was around.

Right now, there really only was one thing she could say as her answer.

"I don't want to return to my old life, even if Mr. Hat is with me. That would be like running away, right? I don't know if I should agree with you or not, Ms. Isamy, but I know that I mustn't run away like that. I want to care about others, I want to understand this world more and more.

Just this once, I wanted to understand the world before I ask it to understand my wish. I'm really sorry, Ms. Isamy, but...I really can't decide right now. What i know is just I don't want to repeat my old life, even if it means I could be with my sister again."

"The light at the end of the path..."

That phrase, the title of the Successor of the Heavenly Mandate. When was the last time she thought about it? It had been ages, wasn't it? Even if technically a day hadn't even passed, the nameless girl felt like the last time she thought about it was years ago. Those thoughts belonging to her when she was still a misguided faker, latching into identities that weren't even hers to begin with.

"I understand now, Lady Isamy. How someone like Tenshi would wholeheartedly follow the other you. Truly, your ideal is noble. How far were you willing to go for the sake of it is admirable, in an odd way.

But, your ideal isn't why I'm here now, and I'm not here to avenge those that I've lost either. Call me selfish, but I'm here to bring closure to this tale of war, so that other stories could continue. Because my story has really only just begun now. I haven't found all the answers to my questions, and I don't expect them all to be answered, perhaps even after eternity passed."

The nameless girl stopped for a moment, and let a bit of laugh. She really was pathetic, wasn't she? That was perhaps a constant of her own existence. Though, it's less of a painful reminder of her own inadequacy now, merely a fact that she had embraced about herself. She really couldn't compare to Tenshi, Arturia, and not even Dorian. But, that's alright. She's herself, and that's all she was and would ever want to be. She might be an overconfident, selfish, petulant brat that barely had any ideas about the world and people, but she's still herself. And her story still had ways to go.

"I don't care about what the Door is used for. Even my only thought resembling desire for it was simply a promise I carried for the sake of someone, and I would rather fulfill it in my own way. Meanwhile, I find your ideal to be absurd, in a way, it's almost exactly like what Tenshi wished to achieve. It's just...something about her endeared me more to her cause than I am to yours.

At the very end, she was able to let go of her ideals. She was aware of how absurd it was, and how it really was only born from her self-centered view on what she thought people would wish for. A self-centered view that led her to kill many in its name, but at the end of all of it, she still let go of that ideal, because it was not what people wanted. In the end, she was driven with selfless thoughts in her pursuit, and I admired her for it, as much as I find her ideal to be as absurd as yours too."

This adventure really had been a long one. A lot died so the nameless girl could live. Yet, it really still was just the beginning for her. The beginning of an eternity. An eternity for her to seek out the answer for the remaining questions left inside of her.

"I guess that aside, I prefer living in the present and slowly make my way towards tomorrow. One sentence at a time, one paragraph at a time. A page per day, and my story shall continue as such. All of this, so I could reach the final chapter of my life, and meet Tenshi again. So I can ask her one last question.

Is the life that I have led so far has been worth all that you sacrificed for me?

That is my ideal. A completely selfish one, but one that I am willing to fight for. Yours isn't the ending I wanted and had she were here, Tenshi would oppose you now too.

I will not let myself die until I achieve that. Even though it's so far away and impossible, I will not give in, not even against you. So that when I die, I will not die with regret."

Team Dorian: In the End!

It seems as if most of the combatants had rallied around the cause of smiting Isamy. Dorian could only smirk as he was honestly looking forward to what kind of awesome abilities did "Boss Lady" have being that she was the final boss. He let out a sigh as he did not honestly want to fight her. This was one of the few times he ever felt like he betrayed someone. And that feeling alone was something somewhat beneath him. 

Oh why couldn't she just say kill all the Counter Corps. That would've been doable. Hard, but still doable. He said cracking his knuckles and doing warm-up stretches. 

Life can't be that simple. That is why we cherish it and that is why we have to stop her. Pity though, because out of the current cluster of of Counter Corp members I can tell we would have trouble with only a couple of members in terms of raw power. Technique wise another four, but after that I believe we would be in relative good shape. Butler added as he was inspecting his firearms to get ready for battle. 

Why do I feel like that was more of a jab at Kenpachi and Kratos than it was a proper summation of our opponents. Dorian said with a smirk. 

They are...off Rhadamanthys  said in an oddly sympathetic way. 

Dorian fell out laughing at this revelation. Are you guys serious? Did we become good guys? The other two raised an eyebrow. Dorian flashbacked to the Nameless One, the Yokai and the pink haired shinigami. Oh my God, I think I made friends. I've surely changed in my goals...

Correct when this started you wanted the ability to make sure those two from our universe and their duel spirits would live a life of suffering. Butler interrupted. 

And that is so small now. There is a multiverse out there. An infinite spectrum of views and sites that I have yet to see. Magic, Kidou, Cosmos, Mana, Rukh so many mediums of power. So much to learn. How could I pass this up? All the foods I have yet to try. All the possibilities that lie beyond her. I pity Isamy. If only she would come with us. I'm sure the multiverse would show her a good time.

It does not matter. Everyone here has made their resolution to progress or die trying. We'll see how much the survivors have grown when this all said and done. Rhadamanthys concluded.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sound of Subtlety

"You hesitated, Kratos," Kenpachi said, looking over his shoulder.  Kratos looked over to the colossal man and analyzed him silently.  "Why?" Kenpachi asked.

"I reflect on my actions carefully, Kenpachi.  All of them.  I must consider every possible outcome of a battle," Kratos replied.

"You shouldn't have had to think about this at all.  This jabroni wants to rewrite our worlds into a false reality.  She wants to dress it up and make it pretty.  We're warriors, Kratos.  We have scars.  From battles and stories that we should never want to be overwritten.  Why is that even a question I have to ask you?" Kenpachi folded his arms as he pressured Kratos.

"You should be asking yourself the same question.  Your allies' lives are in your hands.  Byakuya is one of those allies," Kratos retorted.

"Don't talk about him like you know him.  And don't think for a second that just because you've fought in wars on your world, that they mean anything compared to mine.  You're a little fish in a big pond, Kratos.  Don't get eaten."  Kenpachi returned his attention to Isamy, staring her down and waiting for her to act.  But his head was turned back around when Revy addressed him.

"Hey.  What's your damage?  You got such a big hard-on for this Byakuya dude that you can't see what's right in front of you?  Don't make your allies turn their backs on you," Revy snapped.

"You think I need you?" Kenpachi asked boldly as he turned around and began to march towards Revy and Kratos.  "I don't.  I have one person I believe in.  One person, I count on.  And their name ain't Revy or Kratos.  Her name is Yachiru.  And if the day ever came that I lost her, Isamy wouldn't be your biggest concern."

"That a threat?" Revy spat back.  "You some kind of sick dog?  Need me to put you down where you are?"

"It's a promise.  No bullet you can think of could kill me.  You'd be dead before you took your next breath."

Team Dorian: The Un-Subtled!

"It's a promise.  No bullet you can think of could kill me.  You'd be dead before you took your next breath."

As the shinigami utter his very cool last remark. Dorian seemed to cartoonishly appear from behind Revy with a slight grin across his face. 

OOOOHHH you gon let him talk to you like that? Dorian said overly sarcastic trying to ease the tension of this quite serious tone. 

Can you please behave, we are in the presence of a real threat. Butler, with chibi Ragnarok protruding from his spine, spoke standing directly behind Kenpachi like an assassin ready to strike. 

Yes, but like the big man said who is that threat. Rhadamanthys said slightly bored as he waiting on something interesting to happen. 

Let's not start a fight, here, at this exact moment. Butler further spoke. At this time all of our collected power will probably not be enough to dent Isamy Maximus. To use your pond analogy we are, but small fish who seek to overthrow Neptune himself. So I would think it is best...

...if you ACT RIGHT! Dorian exclaimed and interrupted. Don't get it twisted, if you want engage in combat and get all of this...whatever this is...out of your system, we will gladly oblige. Let's just do it AFTER we maybe survive this experience. Dorian said cracking his knuckles. 

Understand this offer extends to you too bald heretic with the demanding woman. Rhadamanthys said with a malicious smile as he looked at Kratos. 

Dorian looked up at Rhadamanthys disappointed. Did you really have to describe him like that? 

Yes. Yes I did. 

The Door of Origin

What was…

...going on in her mind?

What was…

...happening in her heart?

We may never know the answer.

A select few agreed to her offer; with gratefulness, she spoke to them, welcomed them, and invited them to come closer with words that the others could not hear. Unstopped, they approached the hill, and were consumed in light before being absorbed by her. Fused to her soul. Her lips moved to form the two words ‘Thank you.’ Their fates, as of right now, unknown.

However…

...it was not enough.

Isamy Maximus stood still as the vast majority of her subjects denied her. Some of them were bound to have refused, but there were many whom she had truly placed her trust in, whom she had truly expected to accept her offer, or at least understood. There was even a non player god called Flavius who noticed the Pathway and attempted to intervene, screaming 'I just need to be heard. Maximus, I know you can still hear me! You are the one not thinking this through logically! You say you wish to give everyone a 'happy ending', but...' past a gap in reality before being completely blocked out. Yet, she was unable to the same to the others, even after they made it clear on their positions. They spoke of their ideals, their reasoning, and desecrated her own ideals in the process. Regardless on what side of the boundary they were on, too few understood. Too few agreed.

With every FAILURE there was a semblance of HORROR in her mind. Everything she'd been working towards appeared to be collapsing, in an unprecedented betrayal that she could not wrap her head around, and there was nothing she could do about it. Her face was quiet, dead, incapable of emotion - and yet with every denial, the light in her eye drained just a little bit more.

“I don’t understand.” Isamy whispered to herself, quietly, not knowing quite how to respond to everyone’s refusals and lamentations. This was not what she had expected. She spoke to a figure that she knew was here, yet was not among the characters before her. “You told me that I would be Temperance... These past four years were to train me into becoming Temperance. So why?”

Long ago, she destroyed her heart, and with it all of her emotions. This removed her limiter and opened her psychic potential. Even though it killed her physical body in the process, death was meaningless since she could power her soul for an eternity. Through Empathy, she could simulate emotions and flood her entire, empty existence with them, converting them into an INFINITE ENERGY. Some called it Spirit, Others called it Spiral Energy. She preferred the term ‘DETERMINATION’.

“Ah."

Through this false DETERMINATION, this endless willpower that could come out of nothing, she survived those four years as a ghost. Her lack of emotions could let her live potentially forever, even at the doorstep of Origin.

“Help me. What is this feeling?"

All of that Determination didn’t simply disappear. It could only build up within her, slowly but surely, over all that time The hill of dark matter she stood upon, and the extreme amount of power she was radiating, all of it was a result of generating an uncontrollable amount of energy, contained to prevent her from exploding. Energy only built up more and more within her body, and to release any of it would cause her soul to be overcome by death and evaporate into nothingness.

“it hurts... it really hurts...."

Over time, she had essentially become a dam that was bursting at the seams. Because she could simulate false emotions without actually experiencing them, they were kept back.

“i, you guys, what's happening......?"

They say that Nobodies - individuals who lack hearts - inevitably generate hearts over a long period of time, but even when there were little tidbits of emotion here and there when watching the Origin War unfold, she would simply kill her heart again to prevent that from happening.

“WHAT'S HAPPENING?!"

And yet…

...right now, she could not help but be sad.

The Key of Origin within her…

...right now, it was acting as her heart.

“Ah... This pain is..."

W2M6X4w.jpg?1

She---was refused.

Out of her hands, a mask grew. Her eyes watched the characters, silently. The ENCROACHMENT had already begun, and could not be stopped.

UEXkr7m.jpg

How---COULD THEY?

Her form broke, dissipating into nothingness. She turned around to face the Door of Origin, but could not bring herself to move onwards and enter it, even though she had the Key. Her face moved back to the many warriors.

2HWUv5y.jpg

Why---CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND?

Out of the shadows, a single eye glares at them.

With one emotion:

HATRED.

This was not acceptable. This reality was not the reality she had envisioned, where everyone had a happily ever after.

If she must… Then she ͢s̸hall̨ dra͝g҉ ͟th͠em̡ ͘int̛o Or̨i̵gin with̡ ͜h̛e̶r̛.̴ TT̫͙̱̺͝H̜̯͎̣̳̠̰̟͝E̝̮͇͎͈̬͢N̶̲̬̞̤̫͍ͅ ̢̘̳̥͍͎͟͞T̛̗̯̀͝H̯̖̦̲̟͕̳̰̼̀E̴̢̮̬̟̖̜̳̩͞Y͖̝̥̬̤ ̶͓͎̘̖̲̤̯̕ͅS̡͓̼͡H̥͖̞̝͓̣́͢À̱̮̤̘͖̻̟̕͝L͡͞҉̟͈͕L̶̼̼̼̣͓̼̱̀ ̫̖̫͇̦̼U̢̧̪͚N͈̞D̴̬̳͞ͅE҉͇̯͇̤͍̝̹̙R҉̙̭̭̠̲̘S͔͓̩̱̫̯̥̞̪͟T̵͕̭͉A͏̗͎̹̩̗̭͝N̵̢̞̩͝D̵̨̫̦̲̪̘̫̺̬

Ahah…

A voice etches itself into their minds. Mad. M a d. MAD.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

AHAH

AHAHAHAHAHH

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

AHAHAAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

AHAH

AHAHAHAHAHH

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

AHAHAAHAH

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

A

HA.......

....................you idiots.

The dark matter rushes outwards.

Counter Corps,

Divine,

Everyone,

W e

a r e

a l l

C o N s U m E D

b Y

h e r [/D i S T o R T i O n S]

andthentherewerenone

g0N8HCe.gif

The Origin War has many beginnings. 

Perhaps it began when foreign warriors banded together to form an organization by the name of ‘DATEA’. Or perhaps it began when foreign warriors first set foot upon the forbidden land that was the Shadow Realm. 

But the story to be told here is about one specific foreign warrior. One who sacrificed everything for the sake of the multiverse, only to receive endless disappointment and pain. 

It may not matter in the end, 

but let this be her final lament.

Isamy collapses to her knees, resting upon a metallic floor. The only thing she sees is the chaos and entropy that have consumed the many digital monitors in front of her. Before her very eyes, twenty-seven planets are burning. She hasn’t even played a hand in it; in their bickering, they destroyed each other.

This is the last of the times she tried to be a hero in the multiverse. She had played it as smart as possible. She had abandoned her old title and named herself the ‘Herald of Chaos and Entropy’, modelling herself into the villain of the narrative, hoping to unite everyone against a common foe by using her father’s old laboratory; bringing forth mass-reproducible monstrosities that utterly terrified the worlds they were exposed to. Not a single lifeform was harmed; the power and apparent malice alone chilled them to the core. It didn’t take long for factions from various universes to unite their armies and form the Anti-Maximus Coalition. For a time, it was peaceful. They had been cooperating. Things were actually turning out to be good for once. But quarrelling arose, influenced by factors that simply could not be controlled - the differences in quality of technology, the caution in sharing information, the priorities when it came to retaliating, let alone the natural infighting between humans and nonhumans - all caused the coalition to gradually devolve. Until at last, their plans collapsed, and everyone simply turned their weapons on one another. It took only one minor anomaly to kickstart the end, and thanks to mutually-assured destruction, it was truly assured that every single part of the coalition was taken down in the process.

The Different Dimension Tower drifts across the void, yet its administrator, Ophelia, has received no word to leave the destruction. In other words, Isamy is specifically choosing to stay here. To watch as those worlds burn, knowing that for all her powers, she cannot change this result.

Droplets of water streak down her cheeks, left to drip hopelessly onto the ground. Her fists are clenched. The expression on her face is too ugly to describe - a twisted mess of emotions, of distress, and anger, and sorrow, and regret, and frustration. She’d told herself, even convinced herself that things would be different this time. So much preparation had gone into it, and every second and every inch of her being had been dedicated to being able to manage and manipulate a galactic alliance for the most positive results, to ensure their everlasting peace. And yet, what was it all for? It had collapsed in on itself, and BILLIONS WERE DEAD. BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF INNOCENTS. And it was all her fault. In trying to make everything better, she’d inevitably made everything as worse as it could possibly get.

No, perhaps she isn’t choosing to stay here after all. Rather, she’s forcing herself to stay. After all, having been the one who started this, it is her responsibility to pay for her behaviour. 

This guilt… This guilt is the only way she can give their deaths meaning now.

OnCe AgaiN, sHe HaS faiLed.

...just then.

A strange masculine voice penetrates the heavy atmosphere without the faintest hesitation, sounding more than a little peeved.

“...well, that’s definitely one way to end a duel. I honestly, uh, don’t know what to say to that. Urgh.” The Tao King remarked, looking down at himself. Within him, her empathy could sense that he was unnerved, but determined not to leave.

Isamy blinked, glancing behind her to see a young man garbed in dark attire, with noticeable elven ears, wearing a mask over his face. Ah, of course, she had almost forgotten the Tao King was here. Quite the remarkable feat too, considering she’d literally just put their card game to a halt.

However the old goat had gotten his shriveled-up dick to function, this person happened to be Father’s one trueborn son. Her older brother, as far as she was concerned. Even though they rarely ever met one another, they had a strange, almost ironic sort of bond in which they’d laugh over how much of an jabroni he was. The first few times they met were quite messy; due to a series of misunderstandings, they believed the other to be a lunatic hellbent on killing them (when it was actually a third sibling, Pandora, all along). After Father’s demise, he decided to dedicate his time to fix the many atrocities that Father committed - returning kidnapped experiments to their homes, staying in attacked worlds to help rebuild them, and just generally attempting to contain the damage that man inflicted upon the multiverse. His simple determination to right those wrongs was his form of atonement, and she truly admired it. Although the opportunity came up a few times, the two of them had chosen to keep their lives separate. The Tao King had never taken interest in her personal matters, just as she wouldn’t take interest in his. He had never felt the need to interfere at all. That is, until now.

The Herald of Chaos and Entropy’s gaze moved down to the ground, where a hand lay. On its own. Severed. Murky green blood seeped outwards onto the metal floor, while a stained Duel Monster card sat not far from it. He’d attempted to challenge her to a duel, potentially to knock some sense into her or something. Instead of playing along, she simply sliced his hand off with a launched card before he could draw. It was the first thing that came to mind.

Her eyes moved back to the burning worlds.

“Minerva… Why did this happen?”

The Tao KIng, Minerva Clearstream, was still a little annoyed at the turn of events, but he didn’t let it show. Patching up the damage done to his wrist to prevent further bleeding, his response was calm, “Why do you think? You pushed it, Sammy. You pushed it way too far.”

“...”

“Do you know what the difference between you and me is? Why we don’t see eye to eye? I’m concerned about restoring the natural order, the order that our father disrupted, but you’ve been doing the complete opposite.” Minerva informed, keeping his composure. Although he was doing an excellent job at hiding it externally, she could clearly sense some amount of fear within him. The fear of her. Of her power, what she could do, and what she could be. But now, of all times, that mattered not. ”You interfere in worldly affairs where you have no business. How many wars and societies have you needlessly thrust yourself into?”

She stared at him coldly. “If worlds were capable of handling themselves, we wouldn’t need the Neighborhood Watch, now would we? With every action I took in every world I visited, I changed the course of the future for the better. Even if Distortion Theory is true, does that mean we should just ignore worlds in need because ‘that’s the way it’s going to be’?" Like hell I’m going to accept that! I respect what you do, but lasting peace can’t be built by fixing mistakes alone!”

The nearby screens, consumed by oblivion on an unimaginable scale, fizzles out somewhat as the Tao King hears that. The station shakes as multiple shockwaves collide against it, but it holds. The elf nearly loses his footing, but he straightens his stance and responds, with a hint of sarcasm.

“Oh yes, you have done a lovely job at that.”

What could she say to that. “...I failed those people.”

“Yes. Again.” Minerva fired back. Had he been keeping tabs on her activities? Just how far did his information network extend? ”You’re so determined about this whole hero business but somehow, after THIS MESS, I get the strange feeling you have no idea what you’re actually trying to accomplish. Interfering with the narrative is one thing, but what you do is worse - you try to rewrite their stories and what, give them some sort of happily ever after? Even with HIS powers, there are limits to what you can do. And whether it’s because of your absurdly high empathy or your warped minset, you’re too sensitive to the animals we call ‘society’.”

He took a step closer to her. “Everything is a failure to you. But, if you’d actually stopped to look back on what you’ve done, guess what? You still saved many people! You still gave many people hope! And to this day they are inspired, trying hard to rebuild their worlds thanks to the legacy you left behind. But somehow, you don’t seem to care about your legacy, only your failures. You’re way too far into this to still be holding onto a childish ideal like world peace, you know? How much is enough? Will you ever be satisfied?!”

Isamy turns back to the screens, appearing to be in a daze, her heterochromatic eyes glistening at the tragedy that she couldn’t begin to wrap her mind around. There were no more tears on her face. Instead, blood flowed down those pale cheeks. 

From the back of her mind, there’d been a question she had always wanted to ask him, but until now, she never saw any point in it. Now, she finds that very question rising up in her throat: “Hey, by any chance…” She hesitates. ”Do you know how Father died?”

“Why would you ask…” Minerva cut himself off midsentence, opting to answer her instead. “I’m afraid not. The man covers his tracks, and oftentimes it’s a chore merely to find out the places he hit in the past, with Itsu’s and Victoria’s radio silence on the matter being quite troublesome to me. Considering the amount of trouble he thrust himself into, any number of factors could have killed him... Knowing him, it must have been something crazy. I hope he suffered.”

Ah.

“Hm?”

Ahhahaha.

“Isamy?”

Aahhahahahahahahaha… If anyone knew, it would be him. If even he didn’t know… As much as she hated her father, even he had a chance at redemption. In his dying days, did he ever see the light, or did he fall as the monster he was?

AhhhaaAHHahahahhahhahahaHHaaaHHAHHAHAhahaahHAHAhahahahaahHAHAhahaAHHahahahhahhahahaHHaaaHHAHHAHAhahaahHAHAhahaAHHahahahhahhahahaHHaaaHHAHHAHAhahaahHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHhAHAAHAHHA!!!

How many people will die in vain? 

The Herald of Chaos and Entropy gasps, summoning a vortex forth.

No more, she tells herself. No more, she promises herself. NO MORE, she guarantees to herself. Her mind is spiraling down, down, DOWN, and it knows exactly where it must go. The Tao King makes no effort to stop her - while he had a chance to best her in a duel, an actual battle shall inevitably result in his loss. There is nothing he can to stop her.

Some time ago, she stumbled upon something. In her father’s old abandoned mansion, the final option awaited. The research with DATEA, on the entire process of Origin and its result, that had been put off for all this time. When she first discovered it, using it would’ve been unthinkable.

But after all she’s been through, now she knows the unchangeable truth. 

“This is the last time I’ll accept failure. Don’t get in my way, brother.”

Finally, 

she leaves. 

To the Pathway to Origin.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The clock is broken, but its sound still plays in her mind, as if to conform to her that it has not given up on waiting, not even now. Perhaps at this point, it has replaced the beating of her own fake heart. 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

As the thought occurs to her, it beats faster as if to prove that fact.

So thatÅfs what she has become. Now, instead of a heart, she has a clock within her chest, counting down eternally. This is her punishment for trying to find salvation when the illusion does not exist anywhere. 

This is the end of the path, from which there is no escape. However, nor is there advancement. 

If there was a chance at anything vaguely resembling the concept called ÅevictoryÅf, she has long since missed it.

She walks into a room separated from both sides of reality with silence, her head hung downwards, as if everything has suddenly become irrelevant. Through her own power she had come this far, she had affirmed her own beliefs, but now there is nothing left for her in this empty, nonexistent realm.

The only thing that matters is the man sitting before her. There is a ÅetableÅf between them, and she proceeds to take a seat before looking at him. He has no discernible features or such - by nature, she is incapable of comprehending such a being. However, he does give off the impression that heÅfs different somehow from the others. Broken. The girl immediately understands that he does not truly exist, at least not in this reality, and the crude shadow-like figure before her eyes is nothing but her own interpretation of him. For such beings, the important thing is never the appearance, but the name that describes them and the words they say that define them. Even for her, who has only barely begun to accept the fact that there are such law-defying entities in existence, she understands this much.

The Åefourth wallÅf. The boundary between reality and their world, and though it is taken lightly, its might is so grand that it prevails even in a realm that exists beyond other realms. To him, she must be the fiction, and thus the very idea that he is bothering to speak with her is itself a miracle. 

Or perhaps, he thinks it is nothing but an amusement, and is talking to her to entertain himself. She clenches her fists at the thought, hating the very fact that she is considered as anything other than ÅealiveÅf, but maintains her sense of self and focuses on the matter at hand. Snapping here would do no good, and besides, she cannot resist him. She knows that. These are entities that people as insignificant as her cannot hope to touch, no matter what they do. Their power at warping reality is beyond that of even the strongest god.

Why? Why do such beings have to exist? Why do they have the power to decide the tragedies, the destruction, and everything else that happens in the multiverse on a whim?! ItÅfs not necessary, is it? Life can exist without them??no, rather, they will prevail in their absence! It does not make sense. It does not make ANY sense, but to raise her voice now and challenge him would do her no good.

Only a moment afterwards did she realize that she was feeling anger. ThatÅfs good. This means that she hasnÅft lost all of her emotions.

Near the entity are a deck of cards. Tarot cards at that, a suit of twenty-two cards that composed the Major Arcana which are primarily used for predicting the lives of individuals. It is typically played in such a manner that  three cards are drawn, either upright or reversed, so as to represent the past, the present, and the future. In a way, it is not so different from the Pathways to Remembrance, Truth, and Death in that it provides an introspective view of a particular individual. However, needless to say, it is nothing but a fraud. Even in this room which does not fit in anywhere within the multiverse, that fact does not change, because never can a simple deck of cards ever triumph over a passageway designed to analyze individuals. It is simply illogical. 

Truly, she shouldnÅft even be capable of remembering the occurrence of this event, and it is solely her nature as an ÅeOmniÅf that allows her to retain her individuality and her memories. This is the sole event in which Isamy Maximus may exist in a place other than her current location, and it will not serve her any true meaning. It will not provide her with the Key of Origin that she lacks. And it will not, under any circumstances, give her the salvation she needs.

But even then, it has its merits. The art of reading the Tarot does not depend only on drawing random cards and assigning meanings to them - it is much, much deeper than that.

Thus, there is only one thing that she requires from him.

“I need advice.”

Without a trace of hesitance, Isamy Maximus voices out her desire.

The Tarot Reader grins, all too aware of the three Pathways that had to be traversed to get here. This is their first meeting, and he couldn't possibly know that much about her, and he may not even be aware of her current circumstances. Yet, his 'eyes' still peers through her very existence.

"A fine young lady like yourself? What could trouble such a soul? Not that it's in your body anymore," he pauses, noting the Encroachment upon her body, "but I digress." 

Abruptly, another woman begins to randomly chuckle from a distance at the sight of her. Just standing there, laughing like some sort of villainess. With a glance, the Tarot Reader adds, "Also do ignore Witchiepoo over there. She's just having a villainous breakdown."

The girl nods. "...Well, alright. What a strange woman."

The strange witch has a dark aura about her that reminded the girl somewhat of someone she once knew. Victoria, the Sorceress Supreme. However, as someone who did not have Time Sense, it isn't worth talking to her. She is merely a product of the ambivalent, chaotic reality, and would not contribute to the plot in any meaningful way. Upon giggling at their words, her assets bounce distractingly as she exits the area. 

With that, the tarot reading goes on.

"I found the Pathway to Origin. I-" The girl continues. She looks down at the ground, wondering just how long she has been here. Even her Time Sense was useless when it came to telling the time. "I don’t know how long it’s been."

A ridiculously long time, that would've driven her mad if such an emotion were possible.

"After reaching the end, I couldn't advance."

Yes. Regardless of her successful effort in completing the Pathways - Death, Truth, and Remembrance - nor her overcoming the great monster at Prologuous, her downfall were none of those things. After sacrificing everything, she arrived at the Door, fuelled by a single thought. 

And yet the Door did not respond. As it turned out, her failure was guaranteed from the beginning. Having arrived without the Key of Origin, there was nothing she could do. No way to go back and retrieve it.

"I don't know what to do.

Everyone... 

Everything I've ever cared about...

It's like it's all hopeless."

The Tarot Reader adjusts his position, listening closely. Is he only pretending to understand, or can he truly understand what she means? Regardless, he has utmost confidence as he says, "Then what you desire is a divination of the Future?"

"Yes. I wish to understand myself. I wish to know what to do."

"So, do we need a divination of all three aspects, or merely the Future?"

The girl takes a chair before her, and proceeds to sit down. "The Pathway to Origin has made me understand my past and present, but I suppose all three will be fine." Looking at her current circumstances, she adds, "Go ahead and reverse the present."

The man grins further. "Knowing where we're going wrong now is a great way to work on fixing the Future. 'Tis a wise choice."

"I suppose it is. Continue, tarot man."

The Tarot Reader takes his deck and handles it with great mastery. Gesturing to her to move, she taps onto the deck, and a spark of lightning courses through her body. With it, a sense of nostalgia. She takes a card from the top and places it onto the table separating her from her reader.

He declares what it is.

"The Past, the Hermit."

Isamy looks down at the turned card. How can such a small piece of paper hold such significance? Even so, there it was, a robed figure wielding a lamp and a stick. Something about its expression made it seem lost, as though it were searching for something, or at least finding meaning in the act of searching for something.

"I'm not surprised." Isamy voices her immediate thought on the matter. Even without hearing its meaning, it simply made perfect sense to her.

"Nor am I.” The Tarot Reader looks up at her. “You were alone for quite some time after Protheus died. A cruel solitude."

All she could do was nod. "He left me with everything, but I had no idea how to use any of it. Power I could not control. Equipment I could not use. People I could not command."

"Indeed, he died with his secrets. Certainly not the nicest person around."

The girl acknowledges it, looking back on her past, on how she had gotten to this point. "Yes. I don't believe he was expecting to die. The fact that I'm here, it must've been on a whim that he prepared a successor. I guess I’ll never understand him, huh..."

The man wags his finger in front of her, and once he has her attention again, continues. "But I guess in turn a troubled Past is not worth pontificating on. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Obviously." Catching herself in remembrance, she placed those memories neatly away. A part of her wanted to get this over with, but she understood that this conversation, this reading, was the only possible way she could carry on from this narrative roadblock. "Proceed."

"So let us look into the root."

Again, he lets her take a card. She places it onto the table next to the Hermit, the object automatically reversing upon release.

"The Present. Judgement, in reverse."

Isamy looks down at the revealed card. Her heart, fragile though it was, strung a chord at the sight of it. It had the picture of an angel with a trumpet, playing a tune of peace as the living and dead alike - bearing themselves wholly in the nude - rise to celebrate. Yet the reversed nature of the image made it seem as though the angel was calling its subjects down into the depths instead.

"Judgement..." Of course it was that card. What else could it ever have been? "That has always been the card that defined my father. I can’t say I’m surprised it would apply to me too."

"It makes sense, don't you think? You were never meant to claim the Door."

As a shell of her former self, she couldn't even find the will to protest against such a statement. "I suppose not.” She admitted. “But I've been trying my hardest anyway."

"And the feeling you feel is your inability to face that fact. You keep trying, yet, in every eventuality, you fail."

It was the truth.

The absolute truth of her current, present self.

"But... Everyone suffers. Everywhere."

Still, suffering was the truth of this reality. She had spent her lifetime witnessing its horrors. Even now, how could she ever accept it?

"It must be the cumulative pain of failure that drives you to madness.”

Isamy’s gaze moved to the side. “I just want to help everyone. I want there to be a point for all these pointless wars, for all this needless suffering. Even though everyone seems to have conflicting beliefs, even though nobody seems able to exist side by side, I just wish there was a way.” Despite the emptiness within her heart, she could visualize it clearly; those burning worlds. The ultimate failure. “It’s… not fair.”

“You can't help those who can't help themselves.”

“And I hate it.”

“We all do. But perhaps the Present might not be so bad, if we look to the Future.”

The Tarot Reader’s hands glide over the third and final tarot card, gesturing for her to conclude this reading. Although there are no expectations from Isamy that this could make any sort of difference, she turns it over to bear witness to the answer that awaited her.

“Temperance.”

Isamy’s eyes are captivated to its form. Something about the card was inherently attractive to her. About the divine being, much like the one from the Judgment card, only much more serene, freed from the burden of other entities. There was a golden glow to it as it poured water from one goblet into another, surrounded by nature. To her, it seemed as though the angel had at last become one with the natural order. Had at last found peace and meaning.

“It refers to finally being in a self-controlled state.” The reader addresses her, bringing her back to reality. “Though you feel the way you do, in the end, you will be happy.”

The girl is no longer capable of feeling the emotion, but even still, that statement alone brings her immense satisfaction. It is powerful. It is re-energizing. More than that, it is hopeful.

“Whether or not you unlocked the door is up for debate. But, you will find the balance you have always sought. Patience is a virtue you must learn.”

In order to find balance, she would have to learn patience…

“Here ends the reading.”

”...Thank you.” Isamy whispers.

“Glad I could assist.” The entity, the Tarot Reader, the Broken Heart, is merely nonchalant about the whole activity. Although he understood her existence and the general circumstances, she had a feeling that he was at least partially blind to her situation. Otherwise, would he have actually dared to offer advice? Would he have dared to renew her long-lost motivation, and drag her back from the brink of giving up?

The Herald of Chaos and Entropy stands up. Slowly but surely, she starts piecing together her mind at last. Up until this point, she’d barely been able to form a word at all, but now her thoughts were organized and her memories provided a clear path onwards. 

“Temperance.”

Now she can clearly see herself, understand herself, and know how to proceed. She knows how Isamy Maximus would have proceeded, were she still whole.

One must wonder.

How does a bastard, orphan, daughter of a magical destroyer of worlds, imprisoned without food or water in the Shadow Realm’s most secure location, by providence left to darkness, to die alone, somehow transform into a saviour and a hero?

A misshapen girl, doomed to die. Yet inherited the immortality, the powers, and the resources of the late Protheus Maximus, and wandered as a Hermit.

A determined girl, cursed with evil. Yet set out to be the greatest hero the multiverse had ever seen, even when reality turned out far crueller than she could’ve imagined, serving as Judgment.

A ridiculous girl, aware of the truth of her existence. Yet strove to find meaning in her actions nonetheless at every turn, in the vain hopes of affecting every single existing tragedy, of spreading meaning… No, spreading Temperance.

When the only thing she could see was the pain of those around her, she desperately sought for a ‘happy ending for everyone’ but no matter how powerful she became, taking on their pain was simply an impossible task. Somewhere along the way, that pain destroyed her, transforming her into the multiverse’s worst nightmare, to the point that she had devolved into her current state - a ghost of a dead girl, holding on out of madness alone.

”This reading was truly useful. Now, I know what I must do.”

Isamy steps back into the domain of the Door of Origin, which was as blindingly gorgeous as it always was. A vortex materialized, inviting her to return to the Hallway to Origin… There, the tablets lied. The tablets that she didn’t care less about before. And with them, that man. Byakuya. He could reach the outside, so perhaps if she-

The pathway to Temperance couldn’t be that far away now.

“Farewell.”

Recalling one last thing, she tilted her head back, as that mysterious dark voice started to fade away.

“Can’t say it was a pleasure.”

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The ENDING that everyone longs for.

The WAIT OF INFINITY has at long last reached ZERO.

Now, all that is LEFT…

...IS FOR FATE TO PLAY OUT.   

The Forgotten Forest

tumblr_oqo78g0t4Z1v05rsfo1_500.gif

You are suddenly dragged down a mass of swirling teal energy, seemingly with infinite depth. Amidst this bottomless ocean of energy, you find that a calming sense of nostalgia is flooding into your mind...

…and then, you are jettisoned onto a vast, freezing cold land of snow. The sky is tinted grey, with tiny snowflakes falling everywhere, odd Christmas trees all over the place, and four empty towers of mythril, suspicious as they are. At the very center of these four towers is a frozen lake.

Scattered about the battlefield are other people. They are the warriors whom, like you, have fought all the way to the very end. However, you are all soon joined by what appear to be deteriorated, mindless memory golems of the people dear to you, abruptly bursting out of the snow to attack without remorse. They are in fact the Souls of the Faultless, corrupted to attack all who draw near.

All the while being in this realm reminiscent of Remembrance, you may begin to notice an eerie chill upon you  - all your memories are slowly fading away, and only through strength of will can you keep them all together.

This, however, is rendered negligible by what happens immediately after your arrival. From the center of the lake, a massive creature bursts out of the ice. She roots herself on the spot, quietly, patiently, her distorted form towering over all like a newly-awoken goddess judging her subjects.  

Remains of the Pathway to Remembrance are being burned to fuel her, and the sheer aura of strength she is emitting is beyond anything you have experienced before. Just looking at her could invoke utter terror - every inch of her is an amalgamation of grinded skeletons, with six arms, countless jaws, and a black, vaguely sad mask latched onto her head. Where her heart ought to be, there was instead a literal empty hole. She has lost her heart to her very own emotions.

Just barely, one can see a man standing on top of the creature’s head, attached to its body by a chain of ice. It is Byakuya, serving as a loyal servant. He is soon joined by those who had agreed to the offer; only changed, hostile, and too far beyond reason now. Together, they serve as the Heralds of Order. 

The atmosphere, calming though it may be, is heavier than ever before. There is a tiny part of you that understands, unlike the case with LERNA and the Madara, there may not actually be a chance of victory this time around. All that you have remembered may be lost again, and all that you fought for may be in vain.

And yet, everything you wish for lies just beyond.

You came all this way to face Isamy Maximus, and here you are.

Therefore

go forth

AND FIGHT.

FINAL BOSS BATTLE

1QrU5H4.jpg

Till Death Do Us Part

The creature let out an unholy wail and its shriek shattered the air.  The air became charged with electricity as Isamy Maximus became the embodiment of hatred.  The creature that had taken her place looked out among the sea of adventurers -- Counter Corps and Divine -- with disdain.  Cursed were those who opposed her.  Damned were those who joined her side.

Ayame and Jace were bent against their will, as pure, concentrated corruption and darkness flooded their very beings.  Slowly they were warped into denizens whose sole purpose was to now serve Hollow Isamy.  The Hollow curled its fingers and ushered its new allies to its side, never lifting its gaze from its enemies. 

Staring into the empty void that was Hollow Isamy's face would unsettle even the strongest of warriors, leaving an uneasy churning in their stomachs.  And bound and chained above the creature's head was Byakuya Kuchiki, a once proud Shinigami.  Hollow Isamy screeched once more, deafening her foes below as her screams rattled their very bones.  As her pitch softened, a moaning, haunted Byakuya spoke, translating his Queen's words.

"Rage.  Anger.  Hatred!  Daunting, endless hatred!  Do not let it consume you!" declared the broken Shinigami.  "I will save your wretched souls.  I will purify the omniverse of pain and suffering!" he moaned.  "Learn!  Learn from the error of your ways!  You will be found innocent, guilty only of ignorance!"

The air crackled at the center of Hollow Isamy's chest, and a lime green light reverberated and distorted the immediate area with a deep, lumbering sound.  Hollow Isamy raised its hands level with its own chest before turning them forward.  The green orb of light in the center of its chest appeared to bubble and burst.  Moments later, without warning, a deathly green beam of light spread forth from Hollow Isamy's chest, threatening to consume all of its enemies.

Team Dorian: Final Round!

It looked like the team was not going to be able to take control of the conflict before everything that was about to take place. it seems that the gossip and everything were going to have to wait as they noticed Isamy was about to take a turn for the worst. 

Watching one so stoic come down with something that was akin to a temper tantrum. As the teal energy enveloped them once again the team felt themselves being dragged into a new terrain. 

They bore witness to the new creature that was Isamy. Her unsettling face combined with her new monstrous form caused the team to grimace. It was pretty hilarious as she did give off something that was akin to a final boss battle.

Well if this is how she takes rejection, I feel kinda sad for her. But I guess she won't get that many more chances to experience it. Dorian laughed.

Before the others could comment the screech of beast echoed throughout this empty space. It seemed that Byakuya Kuchiki would act as her translator. 

Rage.  Anger.  Hatred!  Daunting, endless hatred!  Do not let it consume you!" declared the broken Shinigami.  "I will save your wretched souls.  I will purify the omniverse of pain and suffering!" he moaned.  "Learn!  Learn from the error of your ways!  You will be found innocent, guilty only of ignorance!"

The team looked at each other and simply laughed. Hmmm NO!  They all said in unison as they leapt towards the green light. 

Turn it all to ash! Ryuujin Jakka! Butlerok seemed to grow a pitch black katana in his hand and with a mighty swing sent a wall of flames to counteract the cero that was launched. 

Burn our Cosmos! Blaze of the Wyvern! Dorian and Rhadamanthys locked hands and fired what would be mighty blast that looked like a Dragon on Fire directly at the cero and then armored itself in the flames of Ryuujin Jakka. The combined assault stood strong enough to take the brunt of the blast saving the rest of the battling party.

The Captain Commander inside me is quite embarrassed to see one of his subordinates be tainted in such a manner. And Ironically that one is quite a crutch for me as well. I must kill him myself. Butlerok explained. 

Well that sounds fun, Rhadamanthys and I should have a fun time taking on Boss Lady. Dorian added.

Everyone deserves their fair shot of vengeance and we shall make sure none get in your way. Rhadamanthys added.

The team smiled as they gave each other a fist bump and then they proceeded to fly off into battle.

~Jace's POV~

Is it possible that there's many ways that 'happily ever after' could take, making it so that it would allow a person's final years at least enjoyable, preventing the need to negate pain as a whole to allow those final years for each being to seem like a reward for the trials of each being's life?

Jace urged his griffon to move forward, to which the claws of its paws clanked against the blank flooring. I would not be alive to begin with without you, but I have my own idea behind your goal.

With that, he shared his musings with Isamy by telepathic means...

As the mage approached, the corpse-like state that Isamy had been trapped in -  worsening due to the rejections up until that point - finally broke. A smile, or at least the tiniest glimmer of one, formed on her face.

"Of course, dearest Jace. As I stated, I wish to provide everyone a light at the end of the tunnel. Not a false, meaningless dream. If that's how you see a happy ending, then we can make it so... After all, the Door has no limits."

"It would make the most sense, as well as make it so that life experiences isn't rendered invalidated, as many have shared already. It would also allow for some room as to how the end of each life could come about as well," he tried to say with an even voice.

Jace was a little uneasy about having to say those words, especially without any seeming context for anyone listening to him, but that's how it was for the moment. He did know that in dealing with someone whom had lost emotion, logic was usually the best course of action to take.

At the top of the hill, Isamy remained unmoving, watching the man as he approached closer. She continued to speak to him through her mind, using telepathy to convey her genuine beliefs.

Believe me, Jace, it makes perfect sense. Yes... I don't want to erase people's trials. I don't want to change who we are. In fact, a creature called the Madara fell in this war because it could not understand that. What I seek for everyone is not necessarily a perfect life, but a satisfying life. You and I are as one, my friend.

In order to prevent an accidental break in reality, a thought has emerged. Unless some allowance is made, such would almost guarantee that everyone would live to old age, which would break the nature of many existing and potentially future cultures. Thus, in the case of deaths, such as murders or the results of events that would otherwise cause them, at least make such events quick, if not painless. At least this way, while most of their ending would be potentially wonderful, even if the actual 'the end' isn't. This, Jace projected back to Isamy, unsure of how the others would have taken to hearing it, even fiddling a bit with the reigns of the griffon that was starting to fidget before suddenly deciding to lay down on its stomach.

"...okay, that happened," Jace flatly remarked audibly.

Isamy listened, patiently, with intrigue and interest. She stared silently for a time, noting the resting griffon... Before holding out her hands.

Strength began to flow into Jace's body. No, rather, it was energy. Isamy's pure, untainted mana, appearing to heal his body, his mind, and his existence of all fatigue as it flowed through him. There something about it that was oddly calming, as if it were an embodiment of her trust. She was inviting him to walk up the hill, in person.

It is clear that I need you, Jace Beleren. As long as everyone can have a happily ever after... Nothing else matters.

Come. Let us streamline the process. Become a god with me.

"...I will join you, but I will not become a god. I do not trust myself with that kind of power."

At this point, Jace looked down and away from Isamy for a moment, before standing up off the griffon and walking towards her. While I may be the Living Guildpact of Ravnica, that was due to it being a consequence to my actions that I had no way to forsee. To willing take up the powers of any godlike being...no one can be trusted with that kind of power.

Ravnica followed after Jace, the telepath feeling an undercurrent of unease due to his action from the plane that had been made into a singular being, but they followed him still.

The Herald of Chaos and Entropy stared onwards at the mind mage, completely unsurprised at his answer. She spoke, "I shall accept that. You may retain your form, as Byakuya did."

And added one last sentence, sensing the unease within him, "Jace... Our long journeys come to an end at last. Thank you."

"...I'm not sure that such requires a 'thank you'...but you're welcome?" This was an area that Jace admittedly had no expertise in, not being used to being thanked for things...

And with that,

Isamy turned her attention to the others.

Many more would refuse, but there were a select few who also agreed. They stepped forward to join Jace at his side. All awaiting their chosen savior to take action...

Maximus, I know you can still hear me!

Jace lifted his head at the out of place voice in his head, unsure of where it came from.

You are the one not thinking this through logically! You say you wish to give everyone a 'happy ending', but you forget that if you are not careful, that statement could very well be taken literally! Even though who have shown to care naught but themselves will also be granted this "happy ending" even though they clearly do not deserve it. And if you make such ending dependent on what the individual feels is their ultimate happiness, those beings will cause a distortions far more powerful than any of the ones you created to try and stop me from interfering!

Jace's eyes widened in horror as one particular being came into mind upon hearing these words indirectly, Nicol Bolas, the Draconic Planeswalker that has more than once tried to lay claim to various aspects of the Multiverse.

Your goal may also have consequences you may not have forseen! My own home for example! If you allowed all to have such an ending, there is a 98.723% chance that such a rewrite would cause all mortals currently upon Aelion to become Immortal in addition to everything else! Not long after such an event, the number of Immortals would far weigh out the number of mortals and we would likely resort to fighting each other as well as our foes to stay in existence! And if enough Immortals fade from existence, our world would be ripe for the picking from the invading forces that have trying to take over since before my own birth! That does not sound like a "happy ending", now does it?!

"Why would such a change cause such a nasty result," Jace could not help but muse to himself as he thought further about what possible changes to make. It may be possible to make changes according to each area, since what may work in one area may destroy a different one.

Also, you referred to me as a 'writer of my own domain', which is not true! If the Immortals of my world had the power you tried to claim we do, I am fairly certain that Aelion itself would have torn into incomprehensible bits trying to compensate with the whims of all of us!

At the top of the hill did he emerge, thoughts a million miles a second. And in a moment, he seemed to vanish from view against his will...

Ending Point: GOOD funking QUESTION!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Neos's POV~

Both of the Rivetters braced themselves as the scene changed around them once more, the enlonged laugh still creeping one of the pair out while the other was trying to figure out how to replicate it for himself. Upon emerging and getting up onto their feet, thepair was back to back with each other, realizing that now would be a bad time to fight with one another.

"What the funk?" Neos asked in shock of seeing the golems as the other found himself slacking in stance as he brought a hand to his face.

"I...I don...too much..."

"Gem?" Neos looked back towards his counterpart, whom was slowly doubling over as he gripped both of his hands in his purple hair. He only had enough semblance of self-regard upon seeing green light beginning to emerge before another intervened. "Gemini?"

"Don't remem... Remember too much... Won't stop..." Lifting Gemini and tossing him over his shoulder, Neos looked up towards the figure ahead of them...and past the green light that threatened to cover his gaze saw glowing blue eyes in the distance.

"What the hell---THE funk?!"

A bolt of lightning passed him and he barely dodged out of the way. Unsure of what had happened, he looked back towards where the bolt had gone, his vision changing to his altered sight. Eyes widened as the bolt changed to a more draconic shape, but it was the extreme distortions of the figure's aura that disturbed him, it reminded him too much of something else.

"UNLESS YOU'RE A PLANESWALKER, DO NOT MELEE THESE THINGS," Neos belted, the recollection too strong to let him forget what the Blind Eternities were.

Ending Point for the Rivetters: F3

Ayame

Having made her agreement with Isamy, Ayame could feel the power rush through her even as the terrain changed around them. Looking down over the crowd even as her form shifted to accomodate the dark power she was receiving, Ayame felt nothing but a rush of determination through her mind as her body was warped. When it settled, she looked much more demonic in nature than previously and lightning was freely crackling around her form. Slitted yellow eyes burned with light as she glared down at those standing in their way, watching for now as the twisted entity that had been Isamy fired some sort of giant beam attack to strike at the entire group of enemies.

Darcy

"I'm afraid that with how strong of a telepath Ameliorer is, I would not be able to  help you by relaying informations to you as her mental block would perhaps be too strong for me to pierce, and she would be aware of the mental messages we sent to each other anyway. I could support you using my Recollection however, as long as I could sustain myself with mana.

But...on the chance of my sister ended up choosing to side with Ameliorer, I'm afraid that I would also go to her side."

Well, it looks like our path is decided, and that monstrosity is all that remains of Ameliorer. Seems this is it, the final fight begins now. Just fight as you see fit, and I'll grant you what mana I can spare as we fight.

Darcy looked over the giant monster now standing in their path, the figures perched atop the bone amalgamation and the memory golems seemingly re-purposed for another goal. Then, the monster brought it's hands to it's chest, and a light shone brightly from within. Having seen this sort of thing before, the dark witch looked into the sky above her, and a few moments later blinked out of existence to reappear in the air in the spot she'd chosen, and just in time to get out of the way of the large beam of lime destruction.

Chandra

No longer on the griffin that had been carrying her, Chandra looked at the monstrosity and recognized Jace as one of the figures standing atop it. Noticing that, her anger just lit anew and grew as she started cursing him out mentally, even as her hair set on fire again and fire blazed around her hands. Before she could throw a blast directly at him though, she heard a shout come from Neos even as she noticed the memory golems rising up, and the feel of the power connected to them.

"UNLESS YOU'RE A PLANESWALKER, DO NOT MELEE THESE THINGS,"

"IN OTHER WORDS, DON'T GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH THESE THINGS, IT WILL NOT END WELL FOR YOU."

Having shouted out her own warning, Chandra directed the growing fire she was holding to a different goal, making flames wash out over the golems, avoiding those already too close to members of the divine, while trying to burn off the ones who hadn't yet reached them.

It had to be funking zombies, I don't even know how Jace managed to resurrect them, but really Jace, zombies. Well funkers, just funking burn already so I can get to beating up that bastard conned by a few pretty words from a jabroni who was manipulating our emotions.

Annoyed that it wasn't going faster, and well pissed off by this point, she focused more power towards burning down the golems she could hit, ignoring the beam of light even as her entire body burst into flames.

~???'s POV~

Cloak billowed around the invisible figure in the sky, an ever-familiar weight as the figure watched the ones below that had attempted to stop the ray of green light. A frown forming upon the warnings shouted vocally and the attempt to distort thoughts by mentally shouting from the fiery maiden below, unseen script formed in the air before more of the unusual Souls rose from below the snow to strike at the one creating the unusual flames instead of choosing to counter the flames. Soon after this was done, however, a single thought crossed the collective mind before further motions, still unseen from the sky, lead to a painful, self-inflicted recoil.

However, there were two that such was being cast upon. The figure that called himself Butlerok regarding the light he was trying to counter and the odd Souls in the fire's range and the one they knew as Chandra regarding the Souls she tried to burn away with her signature flames.

~B4 above the trees~

Looking down at the illusionary double standing upon Isamy's shoulder as the other Herald had lunged forward, there was hope that maybe, just maybe, there would be some that would wish to change their minds on their own power.

There was no expectation of such, however, even the most-intelligent of minds could calculate that the chances of any of the opposition changing their mind was next to none.

"I hate this."

Lydia stood, her head pointed at that ground in a strange forest. The diseased, shambling forms of everyone she loved, everyone she cared about lurching towards her. Mom. Dad. Nanna. Tory. Adam. Remy. .... Zac. "I hate this."

Again. Again and again and again and again. Again, someone was trying to manipulate her through her memories. Once again Isamy was making her face EVERYTHING she had lost. She was forced to face their faces. She was forced to face the fact that they were all DEAD! And it was all her fault; all Isamy's fault. "I hate this."

Her armour was rattling from her trembling. Trembling not from fear, but absolute, burning rage. Her fury was like a sun, radiating out so hard that the snow around her was melting in an instant, a ring of yellowing grass that quickly burnt away to become a ring of blackening dirt. She was burning, the temperature around her rising very quickly, the trees around her catching on fire. "I hate this!"

Everything was burning away, even the air was on fire as the ring of blackened dirt expanded outwards, the Souls of the Eldrazi catching on fire. "I! HATE! THIIIIIISSSS!!!"

Everyone near the sight of impact would only be able to see a gigantic column of fire erupting out of B3 high into the air, and then passing, leaving a glassed over land, and Lydia breathing heavily in the center of it, the Souls of the Eldrazi nearest to her nothing more than ashes on the wind. "I. Hate. This."

Team Dorian: Final Round:

As they did their fist bump and took flight the team could not help but notice that their combination attack had somehow been blocked. Nevertheless it seemed that they were not going to be alone on this. Creep amalgamations of souls seemed to have sprouted from the snowy ground and were attacking Butlerok. Butlerok was going to swing his sword and deal with them, but they seemed to start exploding before hand. Dorian was already on the job. 

Okay, I see boss lady has mooks this time around. Keep going you two, I got this one. Dorian kept scanning around and he saw one of the Heralds leap off of Hollow isamy's shoulder and into the fray. Dorian took flight and made his way to engage. Of course at a certain point he was going to turn around and deal with more of the weird creatures, buuutttt....

I! HATE! THIIIIIISSSS!!!"

It seemed someone else was setting fire to them on her own. Tad ironic that fire is being used predominantly but nevertheless Dorian flew off to engage this Herald. It might be to tall an order to take on by himself, but this was the end game. Everyone is over their head. 

Dorian: C3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Realizing now that he and his collective souls could not waste time with meager fodder. Butlerok decided to take a more strategical route. 

Do you think he'll taste good now that he's a piece of the boss chick and whatnot? Ragnarok asked inside the collective mind space. 

Won't matter as long as we separate him from whatever madness that hollow has done to him. Captain Yamamoto added.

I am tired of this woman and her mind games. Every time we make one of these trips to the void or whatever this is the Rukh get all stir crazy and I end reliving parts of my life I wish I did not have to live through again. We must dismember here a piece at a time. Gyokuen spoke with an adamant fury. 

Doesn't matter as long as we kill Kratos at the end of this like we promised. That is all I'm here for and when we rewrite the world we can set that back to the Age of Gods again. Hades added. 

You already know that is not happening. Why do you keep mentioning it? Butler inquired.

Because we're only going after this Shinigami person because he made you feel small in the very beginning. So why can't I get Kratos for the same! 

Actually we were talking about the rewriting of existence...the inferiority complex is pretty much an unspoken understanding between all of us. Ragnarok said chuckling all the way through.

I'm glad this is happening in my head and not out loud Butler finalized as the collective made their way to the massive Isamy Hollow. 

Butlerok: C5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhadmanathys was not that impressed so far. Though to be honest it was hard to get past the fact that Kratos' life was up for the taking and then the opportunity was stolen like a thief in the night once again. He was annoyed that this girl's tantrum had gotten in the way of his prey. Though for some reason Dorian likes her so maybe there is some redemption to her... It was going to be his task to find out.

Rhadamanthys C2

Threat

Over his shoulder, veiled threats from team Dorian made Kenpachi want to turn around, but a composed Yachiru hugged his neck tightly.  "Kenny," she said over his shoulder.  Kenpachi stopped moving and looked straight ahead.  "Don't isolate your friends.  I know you're feeling a lot.  But we can't take it out on them.  They're here to help," she said with a big, cheery smile.

"I know," Kenpachi muttered.  "There's just so much I need to know."

"You're going to learn a lot, Kenny," Yachiru said suspiciously.  "And don't worry about the others.  They might be bad guys, but even they will come to respect you when it's time.  Just like I did."  Yachiru hugged Kenpachi's neck more tightly, practically choking him.

He laughed, patting her head.  "I can always count on you to give me something to look forward to.  That's why you're the most important thing in the world to me."

Yachiru punched the back of Kenpachi's head.  "No time for mushy!  Stay on your toes," she joked.

"A Kenpachi is always ready," Kenpachi replied, his demeanor returning.  He raised his head back to Isamy, just in time to see her become enraged at the responses around her.  

This was no ordinary rage.  Whatever this was that welled inside of Isamy, it corroded at whatever was left of her already pitch-black heart.  It ate at her from the inside out.  This rage--no.  This hatred consumed Isamy and began to give birth to a creature the likes of which Kenpachi had never seen.  A new-type of hollowed soul took Isamy's place and its emptiness made Kenpachi grip the hilt of his blade tightly.  Its pale white flesh appeared to be hardened, and each breath it took made the ground tremble.  It called upon the souls of his allies loved ones.  But because Kenpachi had no one to recall, it seemed that there were no souls in which Isamy could bring from Kenpachi's past.  Yet and still the damned began to surround them all and Neos warned of certain death by touching these "souls" .  And then Kenpachi saw it.  His newfound greatest enemy.  A man he had once called his friend.  Kuchiki Byakuya.

Chained to the creature's skull with ice, the soulless soul reaper had indeed betrayed Kenpachi.  Eyes wide in disbelief, Kenpachi struggled to find the words to address his now former comrade.  

"K--Kuchiki?" he muttered.

"Rage.  Anger.  Hatred!  Daunting, endless hatred!  Do not let it consume you!" declared the broken Shinigami.  "I will save your wretched souls.  I will purify the omniverse of pain and suffering!" he moaned.  "Learn!  Learn from the error of your ways!  You will be found innocent, guilty only of ignorance!"

Kenpachi's sorrow slowly began to boil over.  He wanted to feel pity for Byakuya.  He wanted to feel anything for Byakuya.  But he could feel nothing.  The only thing on Kenpachi's mind right now was to put Byakuya down and to restore his pride.  

Confusion and sorrow turned into rage.  And that was exactly what Isamy wanted.  As the hollowed Isamy attacked with a powerful attack Kenpachi recognized as Cero, he snatched the eyepatch off of his face.  Yachiru leaped down from Kenpachi's shoulder and blinked away from Isamy's Cero attack.  Leaping into the air, Kenpachi found new breath as he charged directly for Byakuya.  

"Kuchiki!" he barked as his reiatsu exploded.

Over the roar of Isamy's Cero, Kenpachi could be heard screaming.  "I'LL KILL YOU!"

Silence

Kratos could think of nothing as Isamy's appearance changed.  Becoming that of a monster he had not faced for many years.  Of all the creatures Kratos had taken down, this was the most fearsome.  Revy was shocked and frozen in place as the enemy reared its ugly head.  This Hollow Isamy was something of nightmares.  As it unleashed a wave of green energy across the battlefield, Kratos swept Revy off of her feet and dashed away with flames at his heels.

They fell and rolled over many times together as they leaped away from Isamy's attack.  Even still, Revy found her heart was practically jumping out of her chest.  She struggled to breathe even though Kratos was right beside her.  She felt her ears ringing and Revy was sure she had gone deaf.  It wasn't until she blinked and realized Kratos was standing over her calling her name that Revy began to focus again.  

"--evy!  Revy!  Are you alright!?" Kratos asked, extending a hand to her.

Revy nodded, taking Kratos' hand and standing to her feet.  "I'm fine.  But what the hell is that supposed to be?" she said with a shake of her head.

"I know not from what depths this creature has spawned.  But we will slay it.  Together," Kratos assured her.

Revy held her hands out in front of her.  For the first time in many years, her hands were shaking.  She balled her fists and tried to force herself to concentrate.  She couldn't do much without a gun in her hand, so she would have to create one.  Thanks to Butlerok's black blood, perhaps she could.  She envisioned a magnum in her hand.  She could feel the weight of the gun.  She remembered its steel, its barrel, its trigger, and its grip.  She knew that gun like the back of her hand.  Sure enough, the black blood coagulated and became solid in Revy's right hand.  She could only create one for now.  "Let's go then," Revy replied.  "I'm not letting some spoiled brat I don't know keep me from home."

"I don't know what will happen. Our happily ever after... I don't know how it could work. But beyond that Door lies the answer.

That's what I need you... to help me. Please, Kazuya. For our lasting peace. "

"I understand, Miss Isamy. In which case, I've made my decision."

Without saying another word, Kazuya stood still on his current position, watching as Isamy broke down against all the people that rejected her. It was sad. Kazuya knew well that she was being honest, but it seemed that she wasn't able to take this rejection well. The world around him broke apart soon afterwards, dragging everyone into what looked like a forest, but not after a seemingly infinite fall that made Kazuya reminiscence a bit about everything that had gone so far. The forest felt familiar, but the moment Kazuya stepped in on the place, his memories felt like fading away in an instant. He recognized the view around him, he recognized the wraiths that seemingly noticed his presence and wailed at him. The sight of them made him felt like he was about to cry, yet he couldn't remember what their names were or why they were even important to him. All that he knew was that they were all so close of him.

Were they real?

Their voices were real, at the very least. The Magnetite flowing from them was real too. Everything about them, he managed to recognize it, yet he was unable to actually remember anything about them. But, he was here for a reason. He had choosen a path, and he's locked into it until he went through all of it, seeing it all completed. But...what was he even fighting for now anyway? These people that he recognized, who were now approaching him as they wailed as if they're in constant suffering? He couldn't really remember anymore. It was hard, keeping his mind all focused through all of this, but...

A small resolve was still inside of him, enough to pull himself together. The resolve that made him be able to find his own decision for Isamy's offer. It was small, it came too late, but that resolve, for him to reach the end of this path that he had chosen, was something that he could latch on now. Not his old place, not his own name, and most of all, not even his own friends he couldn't remember anymore, would stop him from doing just that.

"Ah...pardon me. This perhaps would be for the best, so brace yourself.

Mabufudyne!"

With a wave from his hand, the wraiths around him became encased in ice pillars, allowing him to get away from them and focus his mind on the current battle for now. Kazuya had no idea whether the pillars would shatter or not, or would the wraiths even be killed by it, and decided to not think about it now. The sight of them still hurt, even if he couldn't recognize them. The boy with the white cap, the orange-haired girl, the red-haired girl in a white dress, the green-robed silver-haired young man, he felt like their names were on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't even get any letters to come out.

The creature he was facing. Isamy, was it? The blue-haired boy was unsure at this rate, but whoever she was, her once-beautiful form had become a towering monstrosity, with a man chained on top of her and two people on her side. One which the boy seemed to recognize, but once again failed to recall. Seeing how the monstrosity corrupted her made him only be able to give a wry smile towards her direction, however. It was as if he was accepting the loss of a friend.

A blast of green laser went towards his direction. Without using his COMP, red lines formed on the boy's skin and Beldr was summoned to block the attack for him. Before the silvery demon's form would fade, the boy got him to use his Vampiric Drain on the map to restore himself as his last action. Without taking a break, he went to summon Garuda and rode his back as he carried him towards the lake, of where the boy solemnly touched the ground, from where a flower started to bloom, small at first but it became uncontrollable soon after, revealing itself as the demon Jezebel who promptly turned the lake water into lava.

Standing on top of the flower demon, the nameless boy stared at the monstrosity before him. It was so overwhelming and overpowering. Nothing he had ever seen actually hold any candle to it. It would be natural for him to feel fear now. She looked so unbeatable, so impossible to overcome...

But, he had come all the way to this place for a reason. He's not going to let the world he wished to be to be an impossibility. That was his only fear now. For someone that had no ideas about what they were doing to be trusted with the fate of his own world and changing it into something fitting to her.

A world without pain and suffering, in the end Isamy really wasn't much different from the angels. That was disappointing. At least the angels had more ideas about how they're going to achieve their goal and what kind of world would it be. Moving his finger, the boy pointed at the monstrosity. Jezebel went on to move her hands, and a pillar of lava formed right from underneath Isamy which would engulf her for a moment.

The nameless boy only hold into the thought of pursuing his own goal and had discarded everything else. Being stripped of his memories, of his hesitations, all of it...was he turning into a monster? Ah, but that shouldn't matter. He never was normal to begin with. His hesitations had made this place strip him of all memories that made him human, and left behind something else in its stead.

“I am Bel, king of demons. Nothing more and nothing less now.

While it might not mean anything to you, herald of entropy, I am here with my own answer for your offer. I would rather achieve your goal on my own rather than letting you do it. Making people happy for you just means making yourself happy, but worse, you had no ideas about what you're trying to do.

Entrust your ideals to me, and I'll find a concrete way to do it. But as is, I cannot support you.”

“Begone, soulless husks! Omnidirection Purification Circle!”

Reimu, noting the warning Neos gave, summoned her magical circle which expanded and engulfed the wraiths that came close to her with light. The wraiths attacking her, the cruel mockery of the people she knew, Reimu understood that they were simply just a construct. They were noticeably more silent than the ones attacking the others too. Perhaps, it was simply because they're not real. After all, all of her friends, all of the people she knew and loved from her beautiful world were contained on the black sphere currently orbitting her like a moon.

Right, the Gensokyo that she loved, and all the people within. It seemed that it became harder for her to recollect things about it though, but that shouldn't be an issue. The towering boss before her then fired off a green attack, and Reimu was prepared to summon an eightfold barrier but it seemed that it was no longer necessary as the trio of...who were they? Well either way, the three of them stopped the attack and allowing Reimu to leave the blast area and plan her own assault.

The weeks of downtime really made her a lot slower. At least it helped her gather her own thought. Yukari was seemingly handling this well too for someone that holed herself in her hole for too long, helping dealing with the constructs at least until a magnificent explosion happened not too far away which forced the two to take cover momentarily. At the end of it though, it seemed the area was wiped out clear of the memory constructs. Rather than going gungho while the opportunity presented itself, Reimu decided to stay back for the time being. She had no ideas about what it could do, and she's not in a mood for being reckless now. What's a core? What's Metarchus, and what's Apep?

And ten thousand health? Void Inclusion? All of that made no sense. Reimu decided to not dwell on the matter anymore, it's just getting her insane at this point.

“So this is your path? Then I have no regrets for choosing mine.”

The nameless girl's expression was still as she fired off two sword copies towards the two construct that approached her – that of Tenshi and Arturia. The blades dissolved their essences into temperaments, and the girl absorbed them without hesitation. Using the temperaments she just obtained, she summoned more sword copies and started to use them like a mecha's funnels, moving around wildly and shooting indiscriminately at any constructs she could aim to.

Were these constructs born from memories of those close to her? Some seemed to be more lively than the others, but the nameless girl wasn't really the type to be bothered by that kind of thing. A construct's just a construct. No matter how convincing they were, they're not the real thing. So why should she feel anything? If her feelings could be sold around based on looks, then it'd be pretty shallow, wouldn't it?

Arturia had died. Tenshi had died. They're within her, yet they're so distant at the same time. But they're not what had been summoned. In this place that looked like Remembrance, perhaps it was only natural that everyone were being attacked by fragments of their memories, of those that were close to them. Was it an attempt to draw a reaction, or was it an attempt to distract her?

“Why do you want to create happiness for everyone, Isamy? Why do you want to remove pain and suffering from the multiverse?

Is it because you loved everyone so much, or is it because you just wanted to be seen a savior, as a hero that sacrificed everything for the sake of others? I ask of this not because of I care about it being either way but...

But...even if you do love everything in this multiverse, then today, I will force my way through your love with my own feelings towards my beloved!

Change Air Brave!”

The sword funnels gathered and assumed a circular formation before each of them fired a thin line of laser at the upcoming giant blast coming towards her. The light she fired analyzed the nature of the beam attack, and as soon as they relayed the information that it was composed of spirit, they had started on working to absorb and convert the green light into itself, turning a portion of the attack that was aimed towards her area right back at Isamy's direction.

Even as she spoke, it was as if no voices came from her lips at all, only silence even as her lips moved just like she was talking normally. Even the world around her was completely silent at that moment, and realizing what it could really mean about her, Tenco sighed. She kept on staring on the place she used to lie on moments ago, at that point not even bothered to place her concern on anything that happened around her, not that she could hear them at all.

Even in the end, I’m perfectly useless... I could not achieve anything before I die, I could not convince Tenshi, I couldn’t help Lady Arturia in any ways, and I even disappointed Lady Yukari and Reimu…

I’m truly pathetic, aren’t I? And to think that Father hoped that I could be his successor, to be the next emperor…all of that sounds like a gigantic joke now.”

As the green light was cut like butter and part of it being redirected to Isamy, familiar scenes flashed before the nameless girl, yet, they were different from what he remembered. Was it her own memories that were distorted by her own delusions before, or the nature of this place had distorted her own memories? Nevertheless, the memories of her miraculous survival in the Pathway of Truth and her encounter with Tenco's construct at the end of it played before her as if she was reliving it in while it being fast-forwarded. It was far more vivid than what she could remember, and as she had accepted her nature as construct without a world, she could understand the lectures that the Truth construct gave to her back then.

So many tragedies would've been avoided had she listened to her back then...yet at the same time, had she listened, the nameless girl would've barely learned anything in her journey. No use regretting about the past. At that moment, her Change Air Brave opened a path in the thick concentration of the Cero attack, and the nameless girl wasted no time to slip through it as she summoned her wings, racing straight towards Isamy, while also getting away from the blast radius of a large explosion that happened nearby.

The nameless girl hadn't heard anything from the souls inside of the sword yet after the last time she contacted them, but she wondered if everything was alright there. The short-hair after all said that she's trying her best to help her if she managed to prove herself worthy, didn't she?

Or perhaps, she really was just unworthy.

For some reasons, that thought was more comforting than distressing to her now. Right now she would be fighting alone, for the sake of her own wish and her own wish only. Without anyone to expect anything from her, without anyone that she'd disappoint, she could fully focus on what was at hand the best she could. She couldn't help but make a sad smile when she recalled how she failed to utilize the thousands of alternate Tenshi's help to defeat Protheus because they rejected her.

Wait, that was not her memory. That was never a part of her memory.

It was, in a sense, a rebirth.

This might be a dream that someone was having. Right now, she might simply be a part of that dream that someone was having, a dream that someone else wanted, or a dream that someone else thought about. The end the story was near, the bells were ringing, there were only a few pages left on the book, and they might have thought, ‘this is okay for the end’. They might have lost hope about her. Heck, the person that was dreaming might have wished for this story to end like this, as a tragedy. This was the end of the line for them. This is the sad ending of the tragedy of a foolish young girl that thought she could be a hero and be accepted by others.

I wouldn’t accept that.

It couldn’t be the end. This is simply a conclusion someone else gave.
A conclusion that Protheus gave.
Or might it be someone else?
It didn’t matter a bit!

Even if that was the last chance I had to save everyone…even if there’s no more point for me to continue this journey, I won’t accept this as my ending!

No matter how would my story so far would look as a tragedy,
No matter what the reasoning given,

For this one last time, I’ll be the stubborn little girl again, and I’ll refuse to accept this!
If this entire journey, if my entire goal is merely a childish dream…

“Then I’ll turn this dream into reality with my two hands! Dreams are what will become reality after all!”

The nameless girl was momentarily dumbfounded. Right now it was memories of the end of Tenshi's battles and her 'rebirth' that flooded the nameless girl's vision. She started to feel like she experienced all that, as if the girl that fell, died, found herself, and was reborn as a new person was really herself. It was so vivid, as if it had just happened. The nameless girl was unsure about how she really felt about it at first, but as her sight returned towards Isamy's monstrous form once more, her thoughts escaped her lips as she smiled again, now with a feeling of pride swelling on her chest.

Might be too late, but I've forgiven you, Tenshi.

...in the end, you really were just trying your best, weren't you?

Stopping herself as she came right at the edge of the lake, the nameless girl stared at the void that comprised the hollow Isamy's face. The emptiness was beautiful, yet it was shuddering. Seemingly she had reduced herself into a mindless entity, a tragedy in itself as she had lost any hopes of understanding the people she actually wanted to save. The nameless girl of course felt fear. Something so vast, something so obscene, something so profane, something so beautiful, it would be odd for anyone to not feel any feelings of awe and fear at the sight.

One stare at the creature, and the nameless girl understood a fact. This perhaps was not a battle that she had any chances of winning. More than anything, perhaps this would be the end for everyone here. But, the girl refused to consider stopping.

It might take her as many deaths as Isamy's attempts to enter the Door. It might corrode her soul just like how Isamy's soul had been corroded. The girl of now perhaps would be so different at the end of this, perhaps she would've been twisted beyond recognition at that point. But that's fine. She had decided on something. This was her only path. She had no regrets.

The sword funnels started to absorb the temperaments from the released emotions of everyone in the midst of this chaos, and each turned into spears, the same spears of love that she penetrated Arturia's defense with.

I don’t care if this is not the story someone else wanted – because this is what I wanted. I don’t care if this is the story no one wanted – because this is what I wanted. I don’t know how many times I’ll die again. I don’t know even if I can reach the end at this point. It’s not about whether I could or couldn't do it, but it’s about whether I’ll do this or not.

This is not the end, I refuse to accept this as an ending. This is the beginning of my story."

This stubbornness, wasn't it what she loved from that girl? Perhaps the apple really didn't fall far from the tree after all.

"Oh, beast that shouts of 'love' from the center of the world, pardon me. Perhaps this would allow my voice to reach you.

Even Death Shall not Part Us: Scarlet Romantia!”

The six spears that had gathered all the temperaments launched themselves towards Isamy's form. Their tiny forms looked so insignificant against the beast, but they were spirit in its purest form, and a clear hit would create powerful blasts, even more if they managed to contact Isamy's spirit in any way.

Let me borrow a bit of your energy. Recollection: Earthlight Ray!”

Satori used her recollection to fire several blasts of light towards the sky to rain on the ground soon afterwards like lasers, inexplicably always hitting individuals that looked like her humanoid body out of all the wraiths on the ground.

The aura of the pathway was too much for her to handle for now, and until she gained proper mental shielding, Satori would perhaps be unable to contribute much as exposing her mind while the wraiths were still around would be suicidal. She could feel that even the pathway's aura itself made it hard for her to remember things as she felt her memory was slowly fading, but by holding to her goal of protecting Koishi, she managed to keep most of it for now.

Darcy, I will look for Koishi for the time being. If you need me to do anything, just tell me and I'll get to it, but I will be silent for a while in the meantime if that is fine with you.”

It's fine now. Everything is fine now.

Yukari, everything is fine now, right? So please, stop crying. We're together, so everything is still possible, right? Big sis Satori had been gone for so long, so you're the only one I have now. So please, stop crying.”

Embracing the Yukari that rose from the snow, Koishi's gaze was empty although a smile was on her face. No longer had any ideas of the reason she was here, nor having anything to do or anyone to remember aside from her sister and her Yukari, she never let go of her hold, even in the midst of the chaos. The wailing of the broken soul that she was holding and of everyone else on the area felt like it might drive her insane anytime soon, but she was fine with it.

Because she had the most precious person for her on her side now.

It hurts a lot, isn't it? But everything will be fine now...as long as you're here, I will be happy for your sake. I don't need to think. I'll do what you want me to do instead.

So please, stop crying...”

Kazuya is at E3, Nanashi at C4, Reimu is somewhere in B3, Satori is with Darcy, and Koishi is in F6

Archived