Watatsuki no Yorihime

Watatsuki no Yorihime

Filthy Tsukijin

• Aurora
  • 10,031 posts
  • Alias:Nai

"So-sorry about that, I was a bit pre-occupied. Can I help you?"

"Preoccupied? You look really worrying. Are you really alright?"

Something about the girl's aura earlier made Reimu raise her eyebrows but she wasn't really able to understand much of it yet, just that something might be happening with her. Well, it's not like it's good for her if she's being pushy with knowing what was wrong with the girl, but for the time being, it might be best if she stayed near her. Wherever Yukari was now, Reimu was sure she'd be able to handle herself just fine. Isamy's roar that soon followed was quite deafening and delayed Reimu's attempt to talk with the girl again though. Wait, why would she be in pain anyway? Isamy was definitely not making any sense now, so rather than being worried about her, Reimu decided to focus her effort on talking with the girl while Isamy nor her servants were targetting them for now.

"Zoning out in a place like this wouldn't be good. I don't know what happened but I guess I'll stick around you for now. Isamy's getting preoccupied with other things and the constructs are pretty mindless, so it's a good time for you to sort out your mind."

She really was bad at talking about people and their feelings. Reimu was barely able to hide her disappointment at her own words. Those sure sounded a lot better in her mind.

If it comes down to it, I have options available to restrict his movements, and the fiery girl seems to have a knack for confusing him and making him think at least. For now though, I'll see what I can do to convince him.

Even if we're unable to reach out to him, perhaps it was nice that we're holding him here rather than letting him rampage across the battlefield.

It would be best if I leave this entirely to you and Chandra. I'll continue monitoring the situation in the meantime.

In a way, Satori was quite amused as she watched the exchange between the corrupted mind mage and Darcy and Chandra. In a way she was starting to understand the mindset of the people that chose to follow Isamy. Personally, she didn't care much about rejecting or accepting Isamy, being simply a construct made of memory. Although, without contact with Koishi for long, she started to consider her own stance on the issue. So far she didn't really like what she's seeing on Isamy's side, though.

The poor creature was in pain, wasn't it? How pitiful, being reduced to a state even lower than Satori's own state. It was awfully docile against anyone not directly attacking it though. Perhaps something was going on with it? Satori had no way to check as it would require her to lay her mind bare for Isamy to violate relentlessly, but she couldn't help but wonder.

Let's not forget about Isamy herself. She's awfully docile so far for someone that hates our guts, primarily only reacting. I couldn't shake off the feeling that things would go worse sooner or later if we lower our guard.

The desolate ruins of the former battlefield, rupturing itself with the distortions going on with it amplified the hopeless feeling growing in her heart. She could see the members of the Counter Corps and Divines doing their own thing and slowly moving out from the wasteland to their own bases. Yet, her friend, the only one precious to her, she was still nowhere to be seen.

The sight of the empty world started to make her feel sick. It reminded her too much of herself. A no one, someone that didn't even exist until she was given the barest of identity just a few hours ago. Outside of that, Tenco was the only thing anchoring her so she could have this identity as "Amato". She had barely anything about herself, to the point of she didn't experience anything in the Infinite Tsukuyomi aside from the wishes of her friend.

She was still barely able to wrap her mind about it. Marriage didn't seem to be what someone like Tenco would wish for. And who was that person, anyway? All she could remember was the black suit as that husband figure was walking on her side, with her feeling as ecstatic as Tenco would be in that situation. Why would she even feel like that? That wasn't her wish. She had nothing she would wish for right now, and even if she did have one, it wouldn't be a marriage of all things.

A flash of white and crimson in the distance.

Was it what she's looking for? It was out of the ordinary compared to the endless emptiness that she had been stumbling around for in a while, so even if it was just a minute change from what was usual, it sparked a hope within her. Dragging herself forward, it was clearly that of two figures. Their image became clearer and clearer as she approached the two. One was an angelic looking demon, and the other was of a demonic looking angel.

Gengetsu and Tenshi, weren't they? She wondered for a bit why she didn't feel any particularly strong feelings about Tenshi despite that she was her source to some degrees, unlike Tenco who was passionate about her, whether about hating her or liking her. Perhaps she was just not that important to her in the end. Gengetsu was even less so. She knew she was kind despite being a demon with a knack of destruction, but even as she watched the demon bleeding on the ground as she faced the ashen-colored Tenshi, the nameless girl didn't feel anything.

Their conversation was unclear. Was Tenshi saying that she was a visionary? Creating a new world? That didn't make any sense to the nameless girl, and she really couldn't care less about it. She'd rather just move on and continue the search for her friend, but she had nowhere else to go but forward. Every steps that she took, Tenshi became more and more deranged. Perhaps it was wrong for Tenco to trust her, or perhaps something bad happened to Tenshi just now. The girl was glad that Tenco wasn't here to watch it though.

And thus, it was the end for the demon named Gengetsu, drained into a husk before disappearing into the void, and the nameless girl kept on moving forward regardless. Tenshi needed fragments, for what? She became more and more of a lunatic now. Whether she would do anything to her or not now was irrelevant. The nameless girl knew she would be able to ignore anything Tenshi would throw out at her. Even as the Celestial that was burnt to cinders noticed her, the nameless girl remains emotionless.

And so, she decided to greet her.

“So, there you are. One last fragment of me that I needed to end.

Let us end this, Tenco.”

"The hell's even going on inside...?"

The short-haired Tenshi stared at the lightless sword on her hand. It was nothing more than a slab of decorated metal now as the system empowering it seemed to have shut itself down for the time being. Not having any weapons to rely on now was quite a pain. She wished that at least she could still get the Rainbow Sword or Guuungnir, but like hell she's able to materialize weapons out of thin air.

In the meantime though, it seemed that Rhadamantys did have some ideas on how to bait and trap the lightning apostle. Using what looked like a bat to bait the opponent, then using the smokes from the clashing attacks' explosion to create an opportunity to...trap everyone currently in combat inside of a cage of blacky blackness? Err...that might not be what Tenshi was thinking about, but maybe that's not that bad of an idea. Of course, this made her unable to use PK Ground or World Creation Press, but she's sure that she'd be fine. Perhaps.

"So uh, these herald thingies and whatnot, they're supposed to be on your side or something before accepting the offer of that...something in the middle of the lake and got turned into its servant or something, right? Couldn't really understand the context on how this mess happened or something.

Meh, but who needs a reason or context to smack someone in the face? Not me, of course!" With little fanfare, Tenshi summoned a series of keystone bullets surrounding the herald of Isamy, and brought them towards her at once. Of course, despite her simple mind, she understood that that herald was too fast for it to even work, but she knew enough about combat that it would be vital for her to make her opponent's movement predictable.

Or well, Rhadamantys probably would just one-shot her. It looked quite likely, much to the short-haired Tenshi's own chagrin. In the meantime she simply casted Defense Up and Attack Up on herself on the off chance the situation would require her to do anything.

tldr

qdDz1jO.jpg?1

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

~???'s POV~

Rage, it was felt being increased though such was more aimed towards Isamy in this occasion.

"Open your eyes J̴̵̴͘͘à̷͜c҉́͘͢҉e̵̷͢͠, this isn't working. Isamy's plan will fail, and if she's not stopped, the whole of existence will be brought to ruin. You say that you'll crush the minds of any who harm Ravnica, but are you not the one harming them the most currently. Look at yourself and see what you're doing, your actions and words contradict themselves."

Looking down with glowing blue eyes underneath the invisibility towards the ice's edge near the blue boots worn, another voice soon made itself heard.

She's right you know, the fire girl, you're the one hurting Ravnica the most right now. You realize as long as you continue to fight for her, Ravnica will be forced to suffer in order to use that power you're channeling from Isamy. You should break the connection now, before you lose what remains of your sanity and drown in her power and madness like has happened to the other two heralds.

...what connections exist cannot be cut without consequence, was the statement projected to both. And no pleasure is taken for what has been done, but it is an unfortunate required evil as long as the opposed refuse to yield. If the opposition wins, something else will emerge to undo all that has been achieved.

Blinking, the figure rose towards the sky to gain height before projecting the next message toward all in opposition of Isamy, the first word giving the feeling of a command that all would be compelled to follow.

Yield, allow Isamy and the Heralds to do what is needed to save this Multiverse from itself. All here believe that she is an evil being for what she has done, but what has been destroyed can easily be done by those whom are truly evil. She at least plans to undo the damage, the truly evil likely would not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Neos' POV~

~B4~

"Distortion is right, that looks like an Eldrazi. If it is, it'll be just as dangerous to the melee fighters as the memory golems are."

"...would you like a boost to your flames," Neos randomly asked before allowing his body to become entirely-surrounded in a light-blue light. The shape of the light changed twice, first into a small, amorphous shape before reforming into a quadrupedal form with many tails. The light faded, an a grey-colored kitsune formed near Chandra, one that opened its solid-colored neon-green eyes and howled towards the sky as a bright sun began to form in the sky.

Those who wielded fire would feel the power of said flames increasing, while those whom wielded water would find its power weakening under the light and heat of the Drought-causing sun.

Final Ticket Count: 33

Pluses
Minuses

Broke. N

Broke. N

Feel like playing a... game?

• Junior Moderators
  • 16,734 posts

"Preoccupied? You look really worrying. Are you really alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just kind of, zoning out a little."

"Zoning out in a place like this wouldn't be good. I don't know what happened but I guess I'll stick around you for now. Isamy's getting preoccupied with other things and the constructs are pretty mindless, so it's a good time for you to sort out your mind."

"Yeah, I guess."

Truth be told, Lydia's reply sounded more weary than wary. Seeing everyone again, but like this... it really was too much. She should know better, she should be stronger, but it's impossible to face them and not feel crushed. Even now the memories rise back up, reforming back into her lost friends and family. "I just... this is too much for me to handle. I can't bear to see them again, not like this. Everyone I care about is on her side, and she's the one who caused them to die in the first place. It's like she's rubbing my face in my failure to save them, and I can't help but feel like Isamy is right" the sorceress said in a crushed voice as she fell to her gilded knees. "They just keep coming back, again and again like a nightmare! Their face, twisted and out for my blood. I... I just can't!"

Yield, allow Isamy and the Heralds to do what is needed to save this Multiverse from itself. All here believe that she is an evil being for what she has done, but what has been destroyed can easily be done by those whom are truly evil. She at least plans to undo the damage, the truly evil likely would not.

Lydia grunted in pain, a hand to her head as Metarch's decree pierced her mind like a ballista bolt. Avalon cried out, but was silenced as her mind darkened, and the soul gem engraving once more appeared on Hopeless Black, and began filling with darkness again, almost all the way to the very top of the gem. The eyes of the hydra engravings hid a soft red glow, as if desperate to awaken once more. Lydia gasped as she held a hand to her chest from a stabbing pain in her heart. 

If you can't, then do girl. Find that despair. Let it fuel your rage. Despair and Rage. Destroy all and smother it in despair!

"LER... LERNA...."

Hapshiel's aura calmed the souls of the constructs surrounding him, and their bodies collapsed into peace and rest, as errant souls should do. His light fading, the angel regarded the battlefield before him, and couldn't hide his distaste for what Isamy had become. The silly girl had lost her heart, and was well on her way to losing her soul as well. It is so foolish that she'd go so far, much like the alchemists who tried to defy god and create the Philosopher's Stone so many years ago.

Yieldallow Isamy and the Heralds to do what is needed to save this Multiverse from itself. All here believe that she is an evil being for what she has done, but what has been destroyed can easily be done by those whom are truly evil. She at least plans to undo the damage, the truly evil likely would not.

Hapshiel frowned, and his wings extended to take him into the air, gaining height until he was equal to Metarch. "You have lost the virgin luster you once bore. That is very much a shame. Purity is a dreadful thing to waste, after all" he spoke calmly to the fallen mindmage, his angelic aura spreading from him like a calming wave.

Your ad here.

Hi I'm Dad

Hi I'm Dad

Fuck I look like?

• Moderators
  • 13,730 posts
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Blood

Kratos' arrows had been completely nullified by Byakuya's defense.  This annoyed him greatly.  Even still, now Kratos knew what to expect of his enemy.  Revy's heavy sniper rifle did nothing to Byakuya's defense, falling flat against Senbonzakura.  "Well that sucks," she scoffed, standing up as her rifle vanished.

"What now?  Cause I'm not gettin' anywhere near that thing.  I did that with Arthuria, and I ended up being eaten alive.  I'm not taking any--"

There was a loud bellowing from Byakuya as Isamy roared much more loudly than she had before.  It was deafening to Kratos and Revy, even from the distance of the shore.  Revy fell to a knee, gripping the sides of her head.  Kratos too shielded himself, but Isamy had yet to stop screeching.

"ARE YOU IN PAIN?" asked Byakuya.

Then, Kratos snatched Revy's wrist.  Revy raised her head to look at Kratos, and she was dumbfounded at the look on his face.  Never before had she seen something strike fear into this man's eyes.  "We must flee!" Kratos said right away.

"What!?  Why!?  She's not even looking at us!" Revy screamed over Isamy's wails.

"Something is coming!  I know it!  Something wicked is coming!" Kratos said with urgency.

Revy shook her head, not quite understanding what Kratos was afraid of.  "Kratos, what are you--!?"

"Trust me!" he pleaded with Revy.  She simply nodded and began sprinting behind him.

Kratos twisted through the trees, winding and dodging every log that came into his vision.  After mere seconds, he laid eyes on a tall, stone black tower.  He had to reach it.  He had to.  "Where are you going!?" Revy called from behind him, just barely catching up to Kratos.  

"The tower!  Go!  Quickly!" Kratos said, looking back towards Isamy.  Then Kratos felt something in the bottom of his stomach.  He was sure he was about to vomit, but he could see the rest of the combatants just standing out there.  He couldn't help them.  He had to follow his gut.  He had to.  

Revy had sprinted past Kratos and reached the black tower, hanging onto its edge where she urged Kratos to come and follow her.  "Come on!" she screamed.

Kratos turned around and prepared to sprint, but before he could act, a large shadow emerged before him.  A figure came crashing out of the sky with a gigantic impact.  It plumed snow into the sky and covered Kratos.  When the snow settled, Kratos realized it was Kenpachi and Yachiru.  

"You felt it too, huh?" Kenpachi said, sweat beading on his face.  

Kratos nodded.  "Something is coming."

"Soul-sucking magic.  That's what's coming.  Even I ain't impervious to the likes of that.  I dunno what it is, but something about these big ass towers feels right," Kenpachi said, taking Yachiru down from his shoulder.  "Get inside.  We can't help them."

Kratos nodded.  "This does not bode well," he said as he jogged toward the tower and slipped inside.

Kenpachi looked over his shoulder feeling butterflies in his stomach.  "No.  It doesn't."  He ushered Yachiru forward and they both ducked inside the stone black tower and huddled close to the inner walls.  

"Kenny.  Something bad is gonna happen," Yachiru said with a furrowed brow.

Don't get me fucked up.

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

~At F6~

At first, the Soul that looked like Yukari continued its act of crying, allowing the foolish psychic to approach, to hug her while careful not to allow direct contact between its skin and hers.

As the Soul cried, a smile slowly grew and grew on its face as the facade continued, the madness of battle continuing without them for a while. Once the telepathic command from one of the Heralds became heard, however, the Soul suddenly stretched out its arms to return the hug in a tight grip.

"So glad you care," the Soul said in a flat, twisted voice before bringing its hands up to the back of Koishi's neck...

...before lengthening its fingertips into claws and pressing the sharp points into the girl's neck.

"But this is goodbye," the Soul whispered as Koishi screamed from the pain.

Almost immediately after even the slightest touch, her body felt like it was on fire, unsure of what was happening or why. After a moment, she recognized the sensation as her feet soon started pulling itself into her body and felt the shift of bones moving up against her will into the rest of herself.

She wasn't sure why or how, but her body was purposely inverting itself, forcing the inside to emerge in whatever painful method was possible. Mouth forced open wide, the Soul let the girl go as the body pulled itself out of her mouth, the feet first in a muscular mess before her legs and the rest of her.

By the time she was fully inside out, the blood of her body was spilled everywhere around her from the veins and arteries bursting from being able to keep connected with one another. And in the cold of the snow, the once-beating heart froze almost instantly...

Final Ticket Count: 33

Pluses
Minuses

Watatsuki no Yorihime

Watatsuki no Yorihime

Filthy Tsukijin

• Aurora
  • 10,031 posts
  • Alias:Nai

"So it was blocked."

The blue-haired boy continued to watch the battle from above - not having done anything after the chained swordsman translated Isamy's growls. He was unsure yet about the nature of the attack that blocked Ishtar's arrows, but truly it was a pain to deal with. He considered what was the best moves available to him at the time being, though the situation didn't seem to leave much for him. Looking at Garuda, the boy sighed. The demon was bought straight from the compendium and thus didn't have much in term of skills. Though, the birdman's speed...

With one order, the demon fluttered around, zipping through the sky. while the boy dropped himself to the ground, summoning a Behemoth to stop him from hitting the ground directly. Garuda would fly around and launch the familiar golden sphere of Megidolaon right at the monstrosity while the boy cautiously watched. He would need to learn more about this monstrosity's behaviors before he use another of his trump cards. A mental message was sent into his mind at the time, asking him to yield. That seemed to be from one of Isamy's followers. It was tempting, sure.

But he couldn't find in himself to agree with that message.

I never opposed Isamy because she's evil. I just can't bring myself to agree with someone that has no ideas about what she's doing.

If your master has more than just sweet words and good intentions, then I'd actually consider it.

"I just... this is too much for me to handle. I can't bear to see them again, not like this. Everyone I care about is on her side, and she's the one who caused them to die in the first place. It's like she's rubbing my face in my failure to save them, and I can't help but feel like Isamy is right"

So the constructs really were the real deal for others. I see.

"You see, this-"

"They just keep coming back, again and again like a nightmare! Their face, twisted and out for my blood. I... I just can't!"

That went a lot worse than expected. Even before Reimu could talk her out of it, the girl had fallen to her knees, grunting in pain. It was at that time that Reimu felt a mental message being broadcast into her mind. Something seemed to compel her to obey the command, but at the last moment, Reimu refused its pull. The remaining memories of her utter distaste of Isamy's way of thinking pulled herself back, but the girl she was talking to seemed to become worse and worse. Something foul was happening with her now, and Reimu had no ideas what it was about. Did she end up accepting the mental offer?

"LER... LERNA...."

"Hey...hey, hang in there!"

Reimu had little ideas on what was happening, and the words LERNA meant nothing to her as she had little ideas about what the girl was talking about. Was it something from before Reimu joining this mess? Nevertheless, even without any knowledges, she had to act fast. Something about her aura was growing all messed up. Maybe a possession? In that case, Reimu decided on the course of action she would take.

A magic circle was formed around the girl as Reimu started chanting. A purification ritual meant to suppress or remove the influence of the supernatural on a body. The procedure she was using was quite basic, and the only difference was that she used the black orb as her power source now. The circle began to shine not long afterwards, and at that time Reimu also erected a barrier around the two to protect them during the entire procedure.

"Hey...hey, wake up! Everything will be fine. We will defeat Isamy, everything would return to normal, and you will meet with the people you once failed to save again. But we need you to return to your senses. Can you hear my voice, Lydia?"

As Reimu tried to reach out to Lydia, the girl was bathed with light from the magic circle as the exorcism process continued. Whether it would work or not was not on Reimu's mind at the time. Her instinct didn't seem to be able to guide her here. All she could do was to continue and hope for the best.

qdDz1jO.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users