The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [IC/PG-13/Moved to NCM for Finale]

Merci

As we all know, deers can avoid many situations when they realize their lives are at risk. The Fallen Knight had sprinted away just before being destroyed, satisfied by the intel he received. But while he was returning to his master, he had come across multiple others preoccupied it seemed, with the much more dangerous Void creatures. But that didn't matter. Not yet. One group at a time. A few minutes pass along with passing by the one known as Sephiroth while reentering the castle. It didn't take long to return to his master.

Richard had noticed the lightning bolt come out of the sky already, but passed it off as an uncommon thing to happen. But he was wrong when his Fallen Knight returned. "What did you find?" The knight whispered in his ear and was surprised to find out that the lightning bolt was done by a man. A swordsman of sorts with powerful lighning magic. There also appeared to be two others. Both were swordsman, but one was a mere ecstatic child. "Hm..." Richard looked out at the same spot. It now was portruding smoke, but not for long. "You all have your chance. Surround them; restrain them, but do not kill them. I'll be at your location shortly. Go!"

More Fallen Knights appeared. They appeared to have more bulky muscular build along with giants hands and such. They even had primate-like helmets to complete the package. A few more eagle types appeared as well, just for good measure. The gorilla types juped off the edge where Richard was watching over anything suspicious and proceeded to find the ones to ambush while theeagle types had the advantage of aerial assault and flew to the destination. Richard smiled at his plan coming together. If this works, I'll just rinse and repeat when necessary. he thought.

Richard then teleported to the castle's entrance and made his way toward the three swordsmen...

For lesser creatures that have minimal intelligence on things, the Fallen Knights seem to excel in one particular thing: strategy. See, for those reading at home, there are different types of Fallen Knights that have their roles in strategies that don't particularly fail all so much. The Fallen Knights are split up into 5 special classes with possibly multiple roles: Grunts, Aerials, Rebounders, Healers, and Brutes. In this situation, there are Grunts, Brutes, and Aerials. All 5 have one role in common: combat. But they all have they're own ways of doing so.

Grunts are the most versatile in roles: reconnaissance, evasion, and restraint support (if needed). Aerials have only one unique role: distractions. They can keep the focus of enemies off the other classes to ensure they do what they can. Rebounders are meant to do two things: support and barrier destruction. Healers are what you'd expect, but remain hidden to prevent being destroyed quickly. And finally, Brutes have a thing for explosive offensive combat and restraint. Meaning, Brutes will be the stars in this strategy, the Grunts being a secondary if things start going sour.

10 Grunts surround the area in which the 3 swordsmen move into position. 2 Brutes find the perfect hiding spots in high trees. But the ruffling of the leaves as they get into position may stop them in their tracks, which helps as 5 Areials screeched and soured towards the 3. They flew around in a circle for a moment. And one by one, they dove in, claws active and ready to strike. And the moment retaliation began, some Grunts ran behind the 3, prepared to strike in some fashion to weaken them. Extraction is a definite go...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Yachiru landed safely in the front  of the castle, where Sora and friends were already in combat.  Though they were farther away, their battles could be observed.  This was temporary, as several different variations of the Fallen Knights appeared before the trio.  On the ground, what appeared to be scouts were the first assailants noticed by the Shinigami.  Then, a rustling in the nearby trees alerted them to two more enemies, though they were not quite sure what these Knights were.  Barely visible through the leaves, they had noticeably larger hands; but that was all the three could make out before a screeching came from above them.  Some with wings this time dived head long at the Shinigami as the Grunts shifted and moved behind them.  Kenpachi didn't move, nor did Byakuya.  In fact, there was no visible reaction from anyone except Yachiru who squealed at the "Cute!" grunts and tackled one of them to the ground hugging it tightly.

"I'm gonna call you," she pondered as the Aerial monsters grew closer.  "Wingygami!"

Byakuya held up a hand above him, flat with an open palm.  "(Way of Binding, 81) Bakudo Hachi Ichi:  Dankū."  A large, clear wall took shape above him spreading wide above the three Shinigami, prepared to easily absorb the incoming 'dive bombers' as Kenpachi described them.

Foster was grateful that his quadrotors could easily dodge any potential enemy attacks, and that, so far, he or his scouts had not been detected. He started to relay the situation to Itsu, who popped out her earpiece to let Alex and Sarah hear as well. "This is chaos out here." He whispered from his vantage point over the battlefield. "Part of the river around the castle is frozen, while golden barriers surround the castle to protect it. There are dragons above us, and all sorts of smaller summons down below. I'm going to try and see if I can free up some of the fighting." He had the scouting drones fly around the perimeter to find any openings in the base, or any potential guards, while he snuck towards the ice itself. Once there, and seeing the void creatures, he quickly programmed some orders before quietly and carefully setting down a virtualization disk before sneaking away. The disk activated and drained some more of Foster's reserve of power as it built a fully-functioning automated turret molecule by molecule, until the turret came online and extended a series of fins from its rear to create a shimmering convex hexagonal energy shield in front of it. The barrel of the turret whirred to life as it started to stream pulse rounds out at anything that didn't have a humanoid silhouette within the range of its sensors. The void creatures and arachnids that weren't taken out by Eria's onslaught were soon mowed down with mechanical precision by the robotic defense turret higher up on the bank.

Itsu put the earpiece back in and turned to her accomplices. "Alright. Foster has the forward position covered in a matter of moments. This gives us the ability to push forward to the castle. Sarah, you make sure nothing comes in from the air. Alex, do you have any heavy weaponry on your person? I think I could handle the shields, since they appear to be divine magic, and dispelling is easier than just busting the shield open. Once they are down, we can make a breach for the rest of the Counter Corps to exploit, and maybe serve as a chokepoint for the Divine forces to focus their attention on." Already, Itsu is thinking several steps ahead. "All we need is-" The sound of a young man casting a barrier spell was punctuated by Itsu raising her left hand to send several small fireballs hurtling through the air to take care of any other missiles. "Hey! Keyblader! Up here!" She called out. "We need you to go take care of that guy down on the ice with the strange ball weapon!"

Judaihime finishes setting up the wards, which would be protected through the divine grace of Horakty, and then noticed the ice forming across the river. Seeing it beginning to thaw, Judaihime rode Yubel through the air to find someone to heal and bless. The princess' cantrips and assortment of spells would greatly benefit one or more of her allies.

Jin Akatsuki

Megaman ost - Dr Willy's Theme

While Ayame had been facing off against Darcy, Jin was locked in combat between himself and the fake Tekai. Even if it was only fake, Jin wasn't surprised to see that fake Tekai's move's were the same as the Tekai from Jin's universe. Each move held a vicious and murderous blood lust in it, which would and had caused a great deal of the students he taught to lose bowel and bladder control. However, Jin had been used to these kinds of attacks by now. The last time Jin squared off with him, Tekai also used his aura to stun Jin, and attack while he couldn't move. Seemed Tekai was trying to do the same thing here. It should also be noted that when Jin and Tekai last fought, Jin was unable to use a great deal of the attacks he could now. Soul Eater was one of these.

As the green menacing aura stretched towards Jin and Naomi, who'd been aiding Jin through the entire fight with her song. stretched out his hand and bathed it in his dark aura. "Soul Eater!" As Tekai's aura touched Jin's arm, it began to assimilate with the black aura that had been covering Jin's palm. With each bit that Jin drained, he felt his own strength increasing, slowly perhaps, but increasing all the same. Once again, the Shadow Tekai tried to access Jin's mind, but Jin was ready for it this time, and threw up his defenses almost instantly. Shadow Tekai glared at Jin, and sent a massive wave of his green aura at Jin, knowing that Jin could not drain that much aura without causing some form of harm to himself.

But Jin didn't need to drain it this time. Instead he smiled mischievously at Shadow Tekai and focused all of Shukuro's power to it's max. "Fullblade." As he spoke, Jin's aura raised even higher, and the scythe that he had in his hand previously morphed into a massive sword, glowing black sword. At this level, he wondered how many would be able to sense him. A part of him hoped that most of the Counter Corps and the Divine wouldn't be able to, since he had wanted to keep his power as secret as he could. That aside, he was still only using about 15% of his maximum power, and anyways, the others were probably engaged with other such things at the moment. 

As the aura got closer, Jin focused his own into an incredibly dense state, then bathed his sword in it, before releasing a black sea of flames at Shadow Tekai's aura. The two clashed, and fought for supremacy for a short while, but Jin's was clearly the stronger one, as it began to slowly incinerate Shadow Tekai's attack. Once the attack was over, the flames died down, leaving a somewhat scorched plain between the two aggressors. Apparently while Jin's Inferno sea had been burning Shadow Tekai's attack, Shadow Tekai decided to begin a forward assault on Jin by making his way across the battlefield.

Aided once again by Naomi's song, Jin rushed at Shadow Tekai, and swung his sword, aiming to cut Shadow Tekai in two. Just before he did though, Shadow Tekai dodged the attack by jumping over the blade in a circus like fashion, before swinging one of his scythes at Jin's throat. Knowing he wouldn't have time to block this attack, Jin pulled back his neck, just enough for Shadow Tekai to barely leave a scratch on his Adams Apple. As Shadow Tekai landed, Jin delivered another fierce attack, which Shadow Tekai blocked using both his scythes. Using this to his advantage, Jin applied as much pressure to the attack as he could, before reaching out and slamming his fist into Shadow Tekai's gut. That moments recoil was all he needed to win.

As Shadow Tekai lurched back with his hand on his stomach, Jin brought his sword up, and left a long gash across Shadow Tekai's chest, as well as cutting off one of the hands clutching his stomach. Blood flicked off of Jin's sword, and spilled uncontrollably from Shadow Tekai's wounds painting the land where he stood a sickly crimson red. Not giving Shadow Tekai a moment to recover, Jin delivered a kick to Shadow Tekai's chest, taking advantage of the now wounded region. "He may not have been my favorite teacher," Jin said as he swung his sword at the wounded fake's neck. Before Shadow Tekai could even raise his scythe to defend, Jin's sword struck his neck, cutting through the skin and muscle, and releasing a fountain of blood across the plains as well as Jin's face as it did. "but Tekai-sensei definitely taught me well."

The freshly severed head spiraled through air and landed a meter away from Jin. The body fell to it's knee's as Jin deactivated his Fullblade, and wiped the blood from his face with his sleeve. As Shadow Tekai's head and body began to fade away, Jin could almost hear Tekai's voice, as if he were standing over his shoulder, judging him on his performance.

"Marvelous Akatsuki-kun! Simply marvelous! The way in which you wounded me and sliced off my hand was expertly done; and that decapitation! Superb! Such works of art cannot even be found in the Louvre! However, that cut on your throat could have meant a different story entirely had you not been lucky enough to avoid it. I'm afraid for that I can only give you 80% out of 100 for it."

Yeah, that sounds about right. Jin thought to himself as he walked back to his friends, hoping they weren't too surprised by his display. Against Jin's hopes, they likely were though, and who could blame them? When they last saw Jin, he was unable to even summon Shukuro, let alone use his aura to that degree. At that time he wasn't even aware that he HAD the Inferno aura for that matter. As he got back to the two, he gave them both an awkward smile and scratched his head. "A-as you can see, a few things have... changed."

Jecht was right, MachGaogamon was a fool to take Arthur's beliefs has his own. However, he wasn't going to betray him, or Jecht for that matter. MachGaogamon thought what Jecht wanted, and how he seemed to want to give everyone the chance get revenge for what the they lost. Jecht wanted penance, but maybe Jecht could just get that by working with the Counter Corps. As much as MachGaogamon wanted to help them, doing so would paint a target on his back, and he'd be forcing Arthur to choose between sides.

"It's always about, Arthur, isn't it?" MachGaogamon growled. He followed Jecht outside, seeing that it had suddenly begun to snow. It was a nice change in the environment, but it didn't help that they were in the Shadow Realm. He saw water from the river fighting against a giant robot. Looking at the other side, where the Counter Corps was, he saw a blue-haired girl pointing her staff at the robot. The water moved as she did, and MachGaogamon reasoned that she was the one attacking the robot.

Eria looked in shock as the giant wolfman appeared. It dwarfed even the robot, and it clearly had more freedom for movement. A strong man was at the two giants' side, but this man looked like a regular person, but he clearly had enough strength of his own. Thinking that she had frozen the silos long enough, she moved the water toward the wolf beast, but her attack was simply brushed aside.

MachGaogamon moved closer to the robot and crouched down, making sure part of his jetpack was pointed at the machine. He mentally commanded the rocket boosters to start up, and the jetpack shot flames at the robot. Knowing that he couldn't focus on how effective that was, MachGaogamon propelled himself across the river, his fists aimed at the Counter Corps. Eria summoned a wave a water from the river, which burned MachGaogamon gauntlets. The Digimon felt no pain, but the metal on his hands was melting away.

"Impressive," MachGaogamon said. "But please, I do not wish to harm any of you."

"Your actions show otherwise." Eria summoned some of her own water from the staff, shooting at MachGaogamon, pushing him back a bit.

"I'm not attacking you now, am I?"

Eria pursed her lips. "Then I hope you understand that no one else on your said has given us reason to believe that."

MachGaogamon shook his head, standing up. "I don't want to be on that side. I want to help you." MachGaogamon knelt down, opening up his undamaged hand at Eria. "My name is MachGaogamon."

Eria took a step back. "You… You really want to help us?"

MachGaogamon paused, trying to think of what to say. "If you don't trust me, you are free to call your entire Corps on me."

Eria smiled. "No. If you're saying that, I know you must mean it. My name is Eria."

MachGaogamon sighed a breath of relief and stood up. "The Divine will not take likely to me helping you, though. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep attacking you in order to keep up the masquerade. Understood?"

Eria nodded. "That's fine. Just don't go easy on us, otherwise they won't be convinced."

MachGaogamon charged forward, ready to bring his fist down on Eria, but the Water Charmed summoned another stream from her staff, splashing against MachGaogamon. She looked at the robot, commanding what didn't hit him to go to hit the water, hopefully in an attempt to keep freezing it.

"So what's going to be your cover story?" Eria asked.

MachGaogamon punched again, but was deflected by water. "I offered you a peace treaty, in the hopes that you would attempt to understand our cause. You refused, so I saw no choice other than to fight you."

Eria nodded. "Good." Eria summoned icicles to shoot at MachGaogamon, but her crushed those in his hands.

MachGaogamon laughed. "Hey now, I thought we weren't going to kill each other."

Eria summoned an arm of water to pull at MachGaogamon's leg, knocking the Digimon down. "No, but I did say we have to be convincing."

Looking at the snow, Eria saw her opportunity to freeze the river for good. MachGaogamon was taking his time to get up, so she once again began to freeze the water. It was much colder in the Shadow Realm now, and she was hoping that meant the river would not thaw so easily. She commanded the fallen snow to sink into the water, but the snow melted as soon as it did. Eventually, the whole surface of the river was finally frozen, but it was not enough. The ice was still extremely shallow, and just stepping on would cause you to fall in. She let the ice get deeper, hoping to freeze more and more of the ice.

Sora looked up at the woman telling him to take down some with a ball weapon. Sora noticed that the girl freezing the river had knocked down a wolf beast, so first he went to her aid. "Need help?" he asked the girl.

"Don't worry," Eria said. "He's on our side now."

Sora was confused, but took her word for it. "If you say so." Sora looked at the tree from which he recalled the ball of light coming from, and could vaguely see some there. He cried "Fire!" and a ball of flame shot at the tree, igniting it.

Matthew Supplex

"On your side now, is he?" Matthew said as he approached the river from behind MachGaogamon, his void wolves following obediently. "I'm glad to have overheard that information, because now that I have, you'll need to kill me. Which means you won't hold anything back, attack them now." The black and white void wolves dashed for Eria and Sora with their claws shining silver as they kicked up the snow. Matthew drew his Elemental Revolver on MachGaogamon. "It's not too late you know, all you have to do is kill one of them and I'll forget your traitorous act." Matthew offered.

The Gunslinger

Tyson finally made it through to the Shadow Realm, as he landed on his head, as he somehow tripped on his own two feet. "OW!!! That freakin' hurt!!" he said as he slowly got up and dusted himself off, as he looked around the area. No one or anything was around him at the moment. However, his ears did hear some faint talking.

"It's not too late you know, all you have to do is kill one of them and I'll forget your traitorous act."

Seems like the best place to start would be that way. Tyson thought as he headed towards the direction the voices were. He stopped shortly, seeing two familiar figures: Sora and Eria. He didn't exactly know their names, but he remembered seeing them before they entered the portal. Then there was Matthew and MachGaogamon...and a gun being pointed at the blue wolf warrior. Heh, guess its time for the party to really start! he said, grabbing both Diablo and Angelo from their holsters.

Trigun Badlands Rumble OST ~ SNATCH! SNATCH! SNATCH!

Two bullets struck the ground where Matthew's feet were, as Tyson jumped into the air and landed between MachGaogamon and Matthew. "Sorry I'm late! However, good thing I arrived when I did. Cause you guys know you can't bring any other weapons to a gun fight!"

The Assassin & The Keyblade War Hero

"So...this is the Shadow Realm?" Matt asked aloud, as he looked around once he exited the portal.

"Looks like what I saw when the Keyblade War ended..." Nero simply said, as he shook his head. "Name's Nero."

Matt turned slightly, nodding. "Matt Mercer. Regardless, seems like we're on a team together. Let's get to work." he said as he ran past the Keyblade Master, having him follow close behind.

Having separated himself away from the rest of the Counter Corps, Emiya made the rather wise decision to circle around the river instead of going through it, since he was all too aware that it was one big target for any enemies that possessed a long-ranged attack. It was up to them to figure it out themselves through their own powers, and hopefully, none of them were stupid enough to attempt flying into the air, as that would attract a large amount of powerful monsters to chase after them. It'd been a good choice not to visit any of the more chaotic universes and bring in a Saiyan, otherwise they would've brought in most if not all of the strongest void creatures. As it happened, weaker was better.

And the stronger they were, the more powerful monsters they attracted. This was a problem Emiya had faced multiple times since arriving. Less than twenty minutes in, he'd already slayed three void dragons and who-knows-how-many lesser creatures. If they had blood and their corpses didn't tend to disappear into dust, then there would have been a bloody trail after him - but even if there was, it wasn't like any of that was going to stop even more from assaulting him. Yet another dragonoid swooped in from the skies.

The biologies of the creatures here were all mixed up, distorted by the shadows and each one unique by itself, but they all shared the one trait of being able to sense energy. It was a necessity to survive in the Shadow Realm. Most of the flesh within was corrupted, hard as stone, and mostly inedible, making it extremely difficult to live. Yet, despite this, one could clearly see the wide abundance of them that covered practically the whole grounds and skies. This was because they'd adapted to eating spiritual energy instead.

And as it just so happened, Emiya, being a Counter Guardian, was entirely composed of spiritual energy.

The red knight was reminded of this yet again as he faced the dragon in combat. But, as he threw his twin blades into the air while aiming for its neck, it managed to successfully block the attack and destroy the weapons with its breath of purple flames - he jumped out of the way to dodge it, but he'd fallen into its trap. Continuing to unleash its fiery breath, it circled around him while up in the air, preventing him from both escape and attack. It looked as if it had watched his previous battles and learned from the mistakes of its predecessors.

Annoyed, he knew that the only way out of this would be to expend a lot of his mana on 'that' to penetrate through its defenses and obliterate it, even though he was trying to save up. Holding out his right hand, a golden glow began to materialize in it- Emiya let it vanish as a familiar warrior he recognized as Ed Garith sent himself flying upwards with black flames, before cleanly beheading the dragonic creature. With its death, the flames quickly disappeared afterwards.

Then Ed presented a strange question, about his Unlimited Blade Works.

"That's not an easy question to answer, but technically, it's the reflection of my mental landscape. As long as a person has a soul, they also have their own inner worlds." He responded, while proceeding to walk onward. "Everyone has one, and Unlimited Blade Works is mine. However, it takes years of practice to be able to project it, and more to be able to control and maintain it. Even more, all that effort can be wasted if something drastic changes your state of self to the point that you can no longer recognize your former self. For example, if a hero of justice chooses to abandon his goal of saving the world and settle with a normal life, his inner world will change utterly, and the method he used to first project it won't work anymore. They'd be incompatible."

The path they walked on looked to be man-made, to an extent. It still had the dark corruption of the Shadow Realm, and there was no way to ignore the insanity-inducing violet sky above, but there was something uniform about the way the boulders around them were positioned and how the path appeared to be flattened.

"If you want to know about its innate abilities, well, it allows me to 'put form to my mind'. In case you didn't catch on, I can project things. Anything, as long as I can comprehend it. Even that sword you pride yourself in."

As if to emphasize this, Emiya projected something different from his usual dual blades as he saw a twisted hulking monster ahead, which glared at the duo with four sets of crimson eyes on a face without any features. His projection was a rock-like bow, one that looked a little too large for him but he held it anyway. Without an arrow, he calmly held it up to the berserker as it started charging at them. For some reason, it started snowing above them, which only added to the dramatic tension of the moment.

"Nine Lives Blade Works."

Straightaway, nine arrows of energy materialized all at once and simultaneously fired at the charging void monster and spread out before instantaneously homing back in with the form of thick lasers. Nine consecutive, synchronized strikes mercilessly hit the different sections of its body with such intensity that it caused nine straight explosions all over, killing it before it could even realize that it had been attacked. Its chest stopped less than a meter short of the red knight, while the rest of its remains lied in a bloody trail behind it. It looked like this thing bled, and if that was the case, then that meant that it hadn't been a natural creature to the Shadow Realm.

The bow disappeared quickly afterwards, leaving only Emiya's sudden victory. As he walked over the blood of the berserker to get to the other side, he glanced over his shoulder to look at Ed again. "Why do you ask?"

Good, that's nearly all of them. For a second there, I was worried that they'd damage the castle- "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Isamy's thoughts were disrupted as a dragon tore its way through the wall behind her and flew straight into the castle, tearing through her beautiful emerald throne in the process. Although she should've known that she was far stronger than it, its appearance had been so sudden that she couldn't help but scream out, taking a step back and ending up accidentally falling onto her behind. That was the last one, right...? I'm glad nobody saw that.

Trying to maintain her composure, she got up and pretended as if nothing had ever happened. Even though it could be damaged, the castle was more than capable of 'repairing' itself. Technically, it was more like regeneration over a few weeks, but at least everything would be back as new by then. But on the other hand, she didn't have a throne anymore, and the Divine would be returning soon. Would she have to stand the whole way through now, swallowing her pride as she stood in front of a hole in the wall?  Or perhaps she could find something from the vault that could create brand-new thrones.

With that thought in mind, Isamy went over there. It was a little lonely being in the castle by herself, but since she'd already managed to define herself as an object connected to spacetime through her continuous travels, the vault should continue to grow by itself. Convenience.

Quietly entering in, she observed her surroundings - although it looked like she was in space, there was an invisible floor. The room was near-infinite though. She spent her time checking around the now-gigantic pile of artifacts for something that might be of use, narrowly avoiding a certain witch-kiss victim who was just around the corner, and while doing so, caught herself enviously staring - only for a brief moment, of course - at the chest of a trapped woman she vaguely remembered to be someone called Bayometal, before managing to tear herself away in time as she realized this. The immortal-who-would-never-grow-things-that-size sighed.

"So, Dayometal, how have you enjoyed your stay so far?" She asked, purely out of boredom, though she had her back turned to the container. Otherwise, she'd just continue staring in envy.

"You do realize Foster said something about dragons, right?" Sarah asked in a concerned tone, "I'm sorry, but none of us Lost Ones have any experience fighting..."

KA-CHEOW!!

Sarah shrieked, and jumped backwards as a shotgun was fired upon her feet, before losing her footing and falling flat on her butt. She looked up with an initial look of terror, only to recognize the face of the being that shot said weapon. This was the face of Terry Johnson of the Lost Ones, albeit ethereal unlike Sarah could imagine.

"What the funk, Terry?!" Sarah screamed at the ghost Terry, "You scared the funking sheet outta me! And for what? For funking what?!"

"I shoulda never trusted you, ya stupid jabroni..." the ghost Terry shoved the barrel of the shotgun in Sarah's face as he said this, "That was my book ya lost, and without it, all of Thorndale's going to sheet. Vai... Plague... my family... the people of Thorndale... GONE!! And it's all your fault..."

Sarah could only hang her head in shame. She knew it wasn't a wise idea to go have a sneak peek at the Book of Demons while Terry wasn't brief, but she was overwhelmed by a need for answers. However, there was just one thing wrong with the statement that ghost Terry gave.

'Terry would never say that,' with that epiphany, Sarah realized that what she was dealing with a Void Creature, who'd just taken the form of Terry's ghost.

The Void Creature Terry was the first to strike, raising his shotgun and then...

KA-CHEOW!!

This time, he missed completely, with Sarah elegantly back-flipping out of the way before going on the counter-offensive. She blasted a jet of flame straight for the Void Creature Terry, the demonic rune on her left arm glowing as she did so. But the Void Creature Terry was fast thinking, and summoned his horse to avoid the inferno. Now, the Void Creature Terry and his mount were circling around Sarah as she was trying to catch them ablaze, until Terry found an opening at her back.

KA-CHEOW!!

"AAAAOOOOOWWW!!" cried Sarah, now starting to become pissed, "That's it; you asked for it!"

With that, Sarah channelled some her mana reserves to the rune on her back, and surrounded herself in a wall of fire, then projected it outwards. This not only incinerated the Void Creature Terry's noble steed, but also blasted him off it. He recovered from the blow in no time, however.

"Huh, almost forgot about that lil' hocus pocus," the Void Creature Terry scoffed, "But it ain't nearly impressive enough. Ya still have this to answer for."

The Void Creature Terry quickly raised his shotgun at Sarah's head and was about to pull the trigger. But while he was doing that, he completely failed to note that Sarah had sent down a meteor as well. Thus, before the shotgun could go off, the Void Creature Terry was crushed underneath a huge ball of fire, and dissipated.

"Well that was weaker than I expected; didn't even need to go giant," after saying this, Sarah turned to Itsu, "I'm alright, just got a lil' distracted is all,"

Kozaky the Mad: The Divine

Kozaky turned to the boy that had appeared. Ignoring the boy's question, he brought his purple hands up to the boy's face, drawing him in closer so that the demonic scientist could get a wiff of the boy. After sniffing the boy's face and pulling his hair out, Kozaky snapped his fingers. Gogiga Gagagigo responded instantly. He grabbed the boy by the arms and held him close, preventing him from moving at all.

"Saw my robot did you? Bet you thought it was impressive. Came here to steal it? Did ya? Did ya?" Kozaky pointed his finger at the no doubt terrified boy. 

Meanwhile...

Having been set on autopilot, the Woodborg Inpachi was having a difficult time to reacting to current circumstances. The water sorceress had managed to block his missiles and had since rendered the rest of the explosives in his arsenal unusable. Raising its left arm, the mechanical device began to shift about finally creating what looked to be a giant hammer. On the other, a large mace-like weapon appeared.

Flailing about, the Inpachi attacked without bothering to figure out who it was attacking. The hammer and mace fell about, crushing whatever was in the way.

Alister Azimuth/The Divine/Castle Necrophades

Having since calmed down, Alister rushed out to a nearby balcony to survey the scene.  Already, the Counter Corps were making quite the effort to strike the Castle, but they've still quite a ways to go before they can actually reach it.

"Someone!" Azimtuh barked out, his General's instinct kicking in.  "Status Report!"

Alexander Abernathy/Counter Corps/In Group with Itsu, Sarah and Sora

""Heavy weaponry", you say?" Alexander repeated as he began to cycle through various weapons out of thin air.  "I've got just about any weapon you can imagine... well, actually, any that I can imagine; I'd have to have seen the weapon and how it functions first before I can replicate it--"

Just then he was distracted by the spectacle being made by Serah and an apparition of someone she seemed to be familiar with.  Before Alexander could assist, however, Serah had made quick work of the doppelganger.  "Uh... okay, then, nevermind," he said with a slight chuckle.

Suddenly, Alexander felt a familiar, but still unsettling, pulse on his right forearm.  Looking down, he saw a familiar claw-shaped mark appear through his fur.  With a slight smirk, Alexander turned to Itsu and replied, "Well, it looks like an old friend of mine would like to lend a hand...."

Inside Isamy's Vault

"My eyes are up here, sweetie," Bayonetta said to her captor, taking note of her ogling of the witch's bosom.  Gabriel, still trying to play possum, couldn't help but giggle a bit at this.  "And it's "Bayonetta".  Please do make sure to get that correct next time." Despite being the captive, Bayonetta somehow assumed her toying, confident demeanor almost easily.  "As for how I've enjoyed my, err... "accommodations", I must say that I am not a fan of this absolutely dreadful service; the room is too small, the scenery has gotten boring far too quickly, and all I've had for company is a stuffed animal.  No offense, Gabriel," she added to the little stuffed lion doll.

"None taken," Gabriel chimed.

"Not to mention--" Bayonetta continued, but was immediately cut off by the sounds of her grumbling stomach, now even louder than before. "... ... ... I was hoping for a bit of catering service, as well," she admitted.  "Oh, and apparently, you have some rather weak security in this place; unless I'm mistaken, I believe you are the only one who is supposed to be able to enter this room, and yet I've been noticing another individual coming and going through this vault as they please." Bayonetta said, lowering her voice to barely above a whisper, "An older woman, with larger... "assets" than yours."

"Well that didn't work," Eria said at the arrival of the other Divine member. He had offered to forgive MachGaogamon for betraying the Divine as long as he killed one of the Counter Corps, and Eria looked up at MachGaogamon. The Digimon grabbed the two void wolves off the ground, hit them against each other, and brought his arms to his side, still holding the two creatures.

"I owe you nothing," MachGaogamon told the man. "If there's anyone I'd want forgiveness from, it's Arthur and Jecht."

"Other friends in the Divine?" Eria asked.

"Jecht, yes. Arthur is… complicated." MachGaogamon clearly was trying not to think about Arthur, but Eria could see it. "Well for starters, I see that his three void creatures are no longer around."

Eria tilted her head. "Well that narrows it down. What did they look like?"

"A fox, a demon, and a dragon."

Eria nodded. "So those were his." Then it hit Eria. She could figure out that the creatures had those forms, but she didn't think that they meant anything, and now she was getting an idea. Eria shook her head, not wanting to entertain the possibility any further. "Either way, whoever you are, we're going to stop you!"

Then, two bullets shot at the man's feet, and another boy showed up, confident that his gun was a good counter for man's revolver. Eria chuckled, and held out her staff. "Well, that depends on how good you are with magic."

Sora ran up to join the group, Keyblade in hand. "Count me in. Oh, I'm Sora."

The Water Charmer nodded. "Eria." Eria and Sora readied their weapons, and MachGaogamon tossed the void wolves into the air, punching his fists together.

The Digimon nodded, stepping up to Matthew, dwarfing all the humans. "You're going down."

Back at the castle, Arthur took a few steps back as the scientist began to sniff him, and tried to bat his hands away when he took some of Arthur's hair. Suddenly, the large reptile grabbed Arthur by the arms, and Arthur couldn't move forward. The scientist asked about Arthur's interest in the robot, and Arthur couldn't help but chuckle. However, he realized that it would not be wised to insult the man's craftsman ship when the reptile could easily tear off Arthur's arms if the scientist snapped his fingers again.

"If I were attempting to steal it, why I would I come here? I could easily ask MachGaogamon to have helped, but I didn't. The robot is yours, and you probably put in some program that would prevent anyone but you from using it. No, I just want to know if you could fix something of mine. It's the device I use to control MachGaogamon with."

Exactly as planned, somewhat. At the moment in which Byakuya summoned the clear wall, opportunity struck as the Brute closest to him jumped out of its hiding spot and proceeded to restrain his entire body unable to move. As a result, one Aerial remained and dive bombed towards Kenpachi. In hopes of dodg.ing, 4 Grunts proceeded to attack Kenpachi from behind, blades in hand, in hopes of doing some damage as another distraction. While that is going on the other Brute and a single Grunt change adjust their positions, the Brute getting out of the tree and the Grunt moving towards Yachiru.

The remaining Grunts charged at Byakuya to ensure he wouldn't escape so easily.

Meanwhile, Richard was near the location where his Fallen Knights were proceeding to attack, and took a deep breath as he slowly transformed...

Cody Renner

Highschool of the Dead ost - Ambush

Eria had nearly finished freezing the river when Cody saw a massive robotic... thing rolling in their direction. By this time, Cody had finished reloading his shotgun, and was now ready to face off against it. There was just one problem. The massive river full of nightmarish monsters that all wanted to eat them. Unless he could make it past that, he wouldn't be able to do a thing. The robotic wood stump whatever then had the gall to fire missiles at the group. Nothing Cody could even do to defend against that, except raise his arms and shield his face. A lot of good that would do.

Luckily, Eria managed to put a wall of ice between them and the missiles just in time to stop them. Even if it blocked them though, it WAS still ice, and shattered on the impact of the missiles, sending shards of ice flying through the air in all directions. Shortly after this, a werewolf in a jet pack decided to fly in and join the fray. That Cody could fight at least, but as he got closer the werewolf revealed that he was now on their side. This was all well and good, and Cody was glad for another ally, especially one masking on the side of the enemy, but it left Cody once again feeling useless.

Unfortunately for the werewolf, one of his allies overheard his conversation with Eria, and was now sending a pair of Void Wolves towards Eria, only to be defeated by MachGaogamon. They were managing to hold there own it seemed, but at this rate they weren't going to make it across the river. There had to be a faster way. From what Cody could see, there was too. As he did, another Void Creature shot out of the water, aiming itself at Eria.

"Eria, freezing the entire river won't work. Too much is happening all at once." he said as he stepped between her and the Void Shark and blasted it in the face. "Try freezing a smaller part of it then floating us across." By this time, Woodborg Inpachi had made it across the river, and was now flailing and smashing everything around him. One of his attacks came very close to squashing Cody and Eria, but Cody reacted faster than the hammer, pushing Eria out of reach and jumping away from it towards the Inpachi. This thing needs to die. Cody thought as he dodged and weaved his way through the attacks the robot was making. If it weren't for the fact that Cody was small, and had gained a good deal of athletic prowess from running through crowds of 'them' for the last half year of his life, this task may have been somewhat of an impossibility for a boy his age, but as it was, he somehow made it to the Inpachi. 

Now Cody was directly in front of Woodborg Inpachi. Cody leaped forward and grabbed hold of one of the robot's missile silos, using it to hold himself on the robot. Now all he had to do was climb around a thrashing robot and find their motherboard. Not too hard, right? Well, several times, Cody was almost struck by the flailing mace, or knocked off by the robot's aggressive movements. After a moment though, he found the motherboard terminal. Or at least, he'd hoped he had. Using his knife Cody began to unscrew the screws holding the metal sheet protecting the motherboard. Now all I need to do is cut the red wire. Well, Kozaky being the mad man he was just HAD to use all red wires on this one didn't he? Suddenly unsure of which wire to cut, Cody just cut as many as he could, hoping that one of them was the right one.

The Great Jecht-sama

“…” Dodging under yet another wild swing from the massive wooden robot, Jecht decided it was time for it to take a nap. Watching as a kid from the other team attempted to disable it, the massive man decided to simply use brute force. Leaping into the air, the great Jecht delivered a swift drop kick to the robots torso, barely missing the kid’s head.

Using the force from the impact to help land in front of Mathew, the man looked back at his ally with a smirk. “Looks we’re playing with the junior league today.”

Sizing up his competition, Jecht’s eyes eventually met with  MachGaogamon's. “Heh, glad to see you’re not a fool, friend.” Raising his hand to silence any response the ‘Digimon’ might have had, Jecht began to stretch before he continued. “Just remember, a man sticks with the choices he makes, and doesn’t look back.”

With nothing left to say, Jecht clenched his fists, grinning as he began to unleash some of his true power. In a matter of seconds, the air around him became dense, and the ground began to shatter under the weight of his energy, there was no longer any question that this man wasn't human. Letting the flames of his aura dance around the ice river, Jecht swung his arm forward, sending a light shock wave towards the Counter corps. This wasn’t meant as an attack, but a warning that he meant business.

“Alright, halftimes over, kiddies… SO WHAT DO YA SAY WE GET ON WITH THE SHOW?!” With that, Jecht launched forward with monstrous speed, intent on blitzing all four of his opponents at once. 

Itsu didn't seem too concerned with Sarah's sudden outburst, but she did suddenly notice a figure recovering from slamming into the side of the Inch of Will, which managed to raise its impact shields and inertial dampeners in time to slow the projectile of a man down and drop him safely to the ground alongside one of the ship's wings. Immediately, two of the autoturrets along the exterior of the craft turned to aim at him, and Itsu walked to the new arrival. "Sarah, there should be some rope in the cargo bay. If you would fetch that, I would be grateful." The goddess turned to Alex. "See if Jack's former colleague can make the skies a bit more passable for my ship. If needed, I can summon more Signer Dragons to help you." She then pointed her blade's tip at Xeta, giving him a stern expression and a piercing glare. "Cooperate, and you might live. Don't, and I will run you through with this sword. Now, tell me about the Divine faction. How many of you are there? Who seems to be the strongest? Do they have any battle plans, or are they completely disjointed and acting on their own?"

Dorian was busy stroking his chin pondering how to deal with the all of the action going on. Mainly it was about whether he should join in or not. Once he stopped looking at the fights going on he made his decision. Butler looked as he could tell his master made his final decision. Without even  asking Dorian explained the situation. We'll be staying inside the castle. In fact I would like to find this object that they are trying to destroy. Why? Butler responded naturally. The deck is stacked against us on this one. I'm confident the good guys out number us. I mean it only makes sense really. Butler's eyebrow was raised and he just waited for Dorian to explain. And while they continued to roam the castle his Dorian did.

Okay so let's put this into perspective. If you could travel multiple dimensions and timelines and pick out people to fight for you would you pick good guys or bad guys?

Butler thought for a second and came up with what he thought was a logical answer. Well I would choose villains personally. In my experience villains tend to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Whereas the heroes tend to be stalled by a conscious or sense of morality.

Good it seems we're on the same page, though to be honest that is probably because we are both villains. Now here is the problem though even though villains theoretically go harder than heroes. How many villains do you get? That's where the problem lies. How many evil, megalomaniacal, psychotic, and utterly random misfits do you gather before you've put yourself in a situation. I mean I know some of us had to have thought about the whole take the Door to Origin thing for themselves and even though our leader is probably all types of immortal she doesn't seem to exude the confidence required to lead these psychos. Unfortunately for us, heroes don't have that problem. If you pulled all of the goody goodies in the universe you would most likely be fine because for the most part you can trust them not to usurp your authority AND they would most likely be easily persuaded by the threat of all the universes unravelling or whatever those guys are here for. Meaning there are probably twice as many good guys as there are us bad guys here.

Second I'm sure you've noticed this too, but among our villainous ranks I think we have some good guys. For example that wolf creature out there who's having a splash fight with Eria.

You know her name? Butler exclaimed. Of course, it took a minute but she's a card where we come from. I'm pretty sure we also have Kozaky on our team as well.

Anywho back to my explanation. I'm sure that lack luster wolf on his worst day of combat can take out the water charmer without any trouble. The only reason it hasn't flat out eaten her yet is because it is choosing not too. And people only do that when they're trying to save face. Luckily I don't think any of the good guys have made it inside this place yet mean we still have a chance to better guard Isamy's soul...or whatever it is we're trying to protect. 

Dorian and Butler continued to stroll around in the castle and contemplate on preparations needed to put up a better defense.

Alister/The Divine

As he continued to survey the scene, taking note of the mad scientist interrogating a young boy, and Jecht about to bum-rush a few hapless Corps members, Alister caught sight of something far in the distance that made his heart skip a beat. Somewhere close to a ship, Alister could see someone, or something, that resembled a lombax. "It... can't be. How...?" As far as Alister knew, there were no other lombaxes in his universe, aside from himself and Ratchet. The General, with this in mind, came to a possible assumption: that was either a Void Creature taking the form of a lombax, or someone merely using a Holo-Guise to pretend to be one.

Either way, this made Alister incredibly suspicious, and inexplicably angry. Jumping off the balcony of the Castle, Alister sped off on his hoverboots, zooming past Jecht and, pushing his hoverboots close to their limit, launched himself clear over the near-frozen river, completely dodging any Void Sharks that attempted to take a bite out of the General. Focused on getting to his target, Alister sped on, ignoring anyone who would have otherwise been a distraction, Corps, Divine, and Void Creature alike.

Alexander Abernathy/Corps/Near the Inch of Will with Itsu and Serah

As Itsu began to interrogate the black beachball-looking thing, Alexander's ears perked up, sensing another disturbance fast approaching. Turning around, Alexander caught sight of a bluish-white glow headed toward his general direction. Coming to a quick conclusion, Alexander blurted an urgent "Be right back" to Itsu before speeding off on a pair of magic ice skates, just as Alister Azimuth zoomed by, following closely after the trail of ice left behind by Alex.

(((<-If someone has a better idea for music to go with a chase scene, be my guest @__@)))

Alexander pounded skate-to-magically-forming-under-his-feet-ice as he skated to avoid his chaser, dodging obstacles and Void Creatures along the way. Whatever Void Creatures had decided to attack Alexander or Alister were immediately dispatched by gunfire or energy blast, respectively. Meanwhile....

Jeanne/Corps/Fighting off a horde of Void Creatures away from most of the action/BGM: "Red and Black"

Jeanne, minding her own business during all of the action occurring elsewhere, had been keeping herself busy by fighting a horde of Void Creatures resembling demonic minotaurs, nagas and giant cockroaches. "Cereza would not like these at all," Jeanne muttered to herself as she had Madama Styx finish off one of these cockroaches with a vicious high-heeled stomp. Meanwhile, Jeanne had stolen one of the nagas' polearms and, utilizing it as a makeshift "stripper pole", began to swing herself around said pole, blasting off heads and limbs while she performed moves that would give a Vegas Showgirl pause.

(record scratch, cut back to

) "JEANNE, WATCH OUT!!" It was at this point that Alexander zoomed by, brushing against the Umbra Witch, causing her to spin like a top at an alarming speed. Taken by surprise, Jeanne could not help but scream out as her world spun too fast for her to keep up. As this happened, Jeanne's guns were going off like semi-auto machine guns (these guns, mind you, also have bottomless magazines, so they would not be running out anytime soon).

"Ah, $#!7!!" Alister tried to dodge the bullets as he continued his chase, but the barrage of bullets was too great. He was almost certain that he would take a fatal shot.

Suddenly, Alister's world seemed to come to a stop. Skidding to a halt, Alister looked around in awe; everything seemed to have been slowed down exponentially*. Even the bullets themselves were traveling at a snail's pace. He took one brief moment to get a better look at Jeanne's face, distorted somewhat by the G-Force being applied to her by the rotation. He almost let out a laugh before he remembered what he was doing. Turning his hoverboots back on, Alister resumed his chase of the supposed imposter just as time was beginning to return to its original pace.

The barrage of bullets having killed off the rest of the Void Creatures, Jeanne finally toppled over, polearm and all, to the floor. "...don'tthrowupdon'tthrowupdon'tthrowup," Jeanne said as she picked herself off the ground, her own stomach now fighting with her.

(*This, of course, is an over exaggeration on Alister's part.)

They were surrounded.  The Fallen Knights (each variation) moved into their perspective positions and prepared to strike.  The Shinigami were prepared as well, however.  While Byakuya's arms and legs were restrained, his blade was not.

"Chire:  Senbonzakura," he said softly.  His sword shattered into hundreds of pieces of cherry blossoms and floated gently into the air before sharply staggering and flying rapidly towards the aerial monster that remained.  It was struck, but did not take much damage.  He slowed the creature to give Kenpachi time to turn on his heels and defend himself against the Grunts that charged him.  They were as resilient as he was; though they did not deal much damage to Kenpachi, they simply wouldn't fall.  "Ora, ora ora!  You little bastards don't quit!" he said laughing as they grouped together to endure Kenpachi's vicious swings.  Yachiru however, had been over powered and cornered.

"Kenny!" she cried as an antlered creature pinned her to the wall with a blade to her neck.

"Yachiru!" he called trying to move towards her.  But as he drew closer the antlered fiend drew his blade even closer to her neck.  He stopped in his tracks, and looked to Byakuya, who instinctively sealed Senbonzakura.  It wasn't a fight Zaraki was willing to risk with Yachiru's life on the line.  Then he felt a heartbeat behind him.  As the Brutes, Grunts, and others held the Shinigami in place, Kenpachi realized who was controlling them.  A man he hadn't noticed until now.  Whoever this man was, he was transforming, and he had put Kenpachi into a very dark place.

Step 1: complete. Mostly, considering the mistake made by the extra Grunt...

Step 2: ensure the Message is received...

From here on out, Richard wondered how to approach this, considering the expression on Kenpachi's face when Yachiru is pinned up with a blade to her throat. Richard isn't a dark person, but the Shadow Realm has corrupted his judgment and actions to the point where he would have no choice but to use these tactics to ensure things go according to plan. However, the risk of Yachiru's throat being cut open by one of his Fallen Knights is definitely taking it way too far.

The second Richard finishes his transformation, he takes a deep breath, resulting in the Fallen Knight with intent on killing Yachiru turning to ash. He then looked at Kenpachi. "I know how that must feel; but that was not my intention." he began with a gentle but authoritative voice. "I don't wish to put any of the people you love at risk. My heart is too pure to commit something that cold and sadistic. Although I am currently within the faction that wishes to change their fate, I do not fight for them, nor do I intend on killing anyone on your side.

"I have my reasons for what I do, and I shall share it with you so you won't assume the wrong thing." Richard then walked up to Kenpachi, and with a quick widening of his glowing white eyes, Richard entered Kenpachi's mind and spoke to him of the Message that will soon have a purpose. When Richard was finished, he returned to his original form. He then turned around and walked back towards the castle. He then stopped and smiled. "One more thing: should you make it to the castle, remain undetected. I will inform you in hiding when the time comes for you three, or more if you trust the others of your group, to do a direct attack. Also, forgive me for putting the young one at risk; that was not my idea."

With that, all the Fallen Knights immediately turned to ash, freeing Kenpachi and Byakuya...

Kenpachi's immediate reaction was to secure Yachiru. The Fallen Knights had turned to dust, but he had to be sure she was alright.  Kenpachi rushed over to Yachiru and helped her up, examining her pulse, checking her neck for injury, and securing their surroundings.  "Are you alright little lady?" he said quietly, the tone of his voice stern but concerned.  She nodded with a frown on her face, and looked at the pile of ash at her feet.  She kicked it angrily and began to mutter.

". . . Wingygami. .  . .interrupt my fun. . . . fat head. . . ash taste funny. . . . want my candy stash. . "  Meanwhile, Byakuya sheathed his sword and silently pondered on those few but brief events.  "That man," he thought to himself.  "What has he done to the Head Captain?"  But nothing had changed with Kenpachi, Richard simply relayed a message to Kenpachi who approached Byakuya with caution.  "We will discuss this more when the time comes Kuchiki.  I can't tell you more outside of that because I don't know much more.  But for now," Kenpachi clenched a fist.  "For now we'll keep this one in close watch." Of course Byakuya had a good feeling of what Kenpachi was going through.  As much as he hated to admit it, Byakuya cared as much for Rukia (rest her soul) as Kenpachi cares for Yachiru.  But why would he assault the Head Captain and simply release them?  This had to be a dire situation for this man to do nothing outside of threaten them (be that it were his soldiers doing the threatening), relay a message, and warn them of their presence in the castle.  Why did he this man care so much?  Byakuya couldn't read Kenpachi's mind, so he had to be patient.

Kenpachi was anxious now.  He turned his head to the top of the castle now noting the many dragonic-esque creatures that flew ominously above it, and the several shadows of those who he was certain were powerful foes.  After what he had just witnessed, he was tired of waiting.  He spotted the main door of the castle and set his sights on his target.  "Yachiru!  Kuchiki!" he boomed.  "Let's go wake our neighbors."  Yachiru hopped on Kenpachi's left shoulder per usual as he launched himself at the main door Richard had appeared from, Kuchiki in tow.

"Why'd ya need the rope for? I don't see any use for..." Sarah was about to say, until she noted that the Counter Corps had themselves a little guest slammed onto one side of the Inch of Will, who Itsu had held at sword-point "OOOOOOH, now I see. Alright, I'm on it."

Putting her telekinesis to good use, Sarah guided the rope inside the cargo bay to slither out and out of an open window nearby. Then, the rope had wrapped itself around the wrists and feet of the unfortunate soul. To finish off, Sarah made a humiliatingly large bow with the remaining rope, and giggled at the result.

"There we go, all nice and done," she said in a charming tone.

Meanwhile, as some of the other Divines were on the offensive, Riley was still trying to gather Void Creatures to morph into Deathclaws. These creatures normally come in packs from anywhere between 8 and 20, but despite extensive searching for spare Void Creatures, Riley only managed to make a paltry 4. Frustrated by this, Riley scouted for Divines whose Void Creatures he could potentially flog, but couldn't help but notice a certain someone was missing.

"WHERE THE funk IS THAT BEACHBALL GUY??!!" Riley exclaimed, looking around for a potential answer from a Divine.

Whether he got it or not, Riley groaned, supposing he best go find Xeta before whatever was going to happen to him actually did. Riley started trudging in the direction that Xeta would've ended up, hoping to all hell that he was able to make some more Deathclaws as back-up along the way, until he found a butler to his right whilst going along his, along with who appeared to be his master. Perhaps those two could be the boost that Riley needed, one way or another.

"You two; make yourselves useful and come with me," Riley stated, "We have a guy to fetch."

Izamy had finally come, and Lerna was quick to sense her presence. She guided her victim's thought process to dive to one side, in an effort to prevent the victim from being seen. However, the victim had reacted too late, and Izamy ended up being the one avoid her. Still, the victim remained in close proximity, and that was when she heard Izamy converse with the woman she captured, who in turn mentioned that her vault was breached by the victim.

That woman was ruining everything.

Perhaps Lerna should've seen if she could infect her with the Witch's Kiss.

Kozaky the Mad: The Divine

Kozaky curiously peered at the captive boy. He snapped his fingers again, noticing that the boy cringed at the sound. Gogiga Gagagigo opened his arms, letting the boy drop to the ground. "Mmmm, yes. No theft. Not you. Robot is mine. Yes. Yes. Yes. Device you say? MachGaogamon?" As he said the last words, Kozaky's body went rigid. Numbers and symbols skimmed across his vision, clearly reflected in the glasses he wore. 

"Digimon. Short for Digital Monster. Beings created out of data. Supposed separate life form, possessing powers of the supernatural variety. Origin Universe: 831. Other sources: DigiVice, Digital World, Digivolution." The words spewed from Kozaky's lips in a voice that was not his own. It was mechanical, as if it had been digitally manufactured. "Yes, yes." Kozaky stuttered, returning to his 'normal' appearance. "You seek help, yes, yes?" I can help. Broken things must be fixed. Fixed they must be. Yes. Yes. Yes. Give me, give me, give me." Kozaky stammered, holding out his hand for Arthur to hand him what he knew must be a DigiVice.

Before he could however, an electric pulse went through Kozaky's brain. A signal. A signal that alerted the mad scientist to the danger of his creation. "No. No. No." He cried, grabbing his hand back. Taking up the tablet again, he took control of his creation. 

The Woodborg Inpachi was in a state of peril. Having taken a large amount of damage from its assailants, the robot was standing on its last leg...well if it had any legs. The biggest problem now was the small human meat bag that was fiddling with its wiring systems. With an outraged cry, Kozaky hastily typed at his tablet. Almost immediately, a second access panel shut tight over the motherboard, cutting Cody out completely. But it didn't matter, the damage had been done. 

Cody had cut the wires that connected the motory gears to the main processor. The machine was now even more unpredictable, striking at friend and foe, even dealing damage to itself. There was only one thing that Kozaky would be able to do. "Initiate Combustion Sequence. Total Flare Up." Kozaky always had a self destruction button in each of his inventions. It was a rule. He would rather see his creations destroyed instead of in the hands of another. But this creation was a bit special. This 'self destruction' button would return the Inpachi to its proudest, and most destructive, hour. The Blazing Inpachi had rose again.

Shedding its armor and weaponry, the skeleton of the Woodborg Inpachi shone clearly in the dark world of the Shadow Realm. There was a deep roar from within the forsaken machine before it ignited in a blazing inferno. Fire leaped about its lips, totally encasing its body. There was no way to control it now. The spirit that had been saved by the workings of a mad men, was free for one last go. Corrupted by the power of the Shadow Realm, the Blazing Inpachi wanted one thing. To burn everything to the ground. 

Focusing on the small human meat sack that had endangered the spirit's life, the Inpachi brought down its blazing fist towards the small form that was Cody.

"Now. Now. Now. Give me. Give it now. Fix it up. Real quick. Yes. Yes. Good as new." Kozaky said, returning his attention to Arthur. He thrust his hand outward, shoving it in the boy's face. 

Lyon

After having been attacked again and promptly saved by Eria, the water mage had teamed up with one of the other guys in the Counter Corps to fight off someone else. Noticing Cody had gotten himself into trouble, against the mechanical abomination that had suddenly turned into a moving, burning tree, Lyon charged, controlling some of the water from the river to throw it in front of the burning fist, exploding as it hit the fist and both extinguishing the fist and modifying it's movement, bringing it down short of the teenager. Drawing the water that had exploded out back together as the burning figure tried another attack, he added as much moisture as he could from the air nearby before shooting it at the wooden figure, hoping to fully extinguish the flames wrapping themselves around it.

Ayame and Naomi

The two girls smiled at their friend, impressed at the power-up he had seemed to have gained since they had been gone. "It seems things have definitely changed, you're no longer the teen with barely a clue about his powers that I remember." Ayame smiled at him as she spoke, before nodding in approval. "How long were we gone before Emiya took you anyway? You seem like you're a couple of years older than us now, before you were about the same age as us." That was Naomi, wondering just what the difference in time had been between Emiya's offers. Ayame then took over once more, "We should probably get going anyway, it looks like the river ends just up further, then we can continue on towards the castle Isamy's soul is supposedly being held at."

Darcy

Letting her astral projection fade away, Darcy returned her consciousness to the body sitting on the roof of the castle, standing up as she did so. Looking around, she imprinted her commands into the minds of the creatures she had taken over, commanding all ten of them to charge out and attack the Counter Corps, before releasing her control over them, turning the magic to a harder target. Earlier when she had tried this, she found that it would take all her concentration and willpower to manage the control over just one of the draconic creatures in the sky. This time, she was going to attempt it with all that available, to subject one of the fliers to go forth and attack from the sky, all the while remaining on the roof of the castle.

Matthew Supplex

"I was thinking the same thing about you." Matthew said to Jecht about playing in the Junior leagues; was Matthew actually strong enough to compete, who knew, but Jecht enjoys cocky attitudes. "The name is Matthew Supplex, so as to not seem rude. These new combatants will require a new strategy." Matthew clicked his revolver over two slots, pointed the gun at his head, and fired. He was engulfed in a thin white light that soon faded. He fired the next shot and his movements seemed to have gotten faster, as did Jecht's. "Bullets are one thing, but unless your gun fires what mine does, we're nowhere near close to an even match." Mattew shot himself again, boosting his defense greatly to physical attacks. "My offensive begins now." Matthew fired a pure white energy ball at the person who shot him, this was a spell known as Stop, and would, well, stop the person it came into contact with. Right after, he shot Eria with a Firaga spell; carefully avoiding the progress Jecht was making.

[spoiler=Effects.]
Matthew cast an Unknown Spell upon himself. The spell offers no boosted defensive/offensive benefits.

Jecht and Matthew now have the effects of Hastega,making them much faster.
Matthew cast Protect upon himself to half the damage from all physical/normal attacks.

Matthew cast Stop at Tyson.
Matthew cast Firaga at Eria

Kiotso Senju

Snow continues to fall

Kiotso merely made a jump from the tree to the ground. He could have easily quelled the flames, but he had no desire to save the tree as it was not needed by him any longer. Although many other would have joined the fight in progress, Kiotso merely stood there watching, wanting to see how to attacks that were launched onto the group of Counter Corps fighters would take effect. He did, however, take a few steps from the tree so as to not feel the heat any longer.

Archived