Rock on! [Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis]

Possibly one of my favourite Numbers for the sheer fact he interacts with other Numbers. Sadly, he became the victim of a massive nerf when released in the OCG, and that took him from Godly to a poser. For a while there was an OTK with him that used Future Fusion, but obviously that's no longer viable. Rank 6 Decks and Chronomalies both have tools to make him, but neither really wants to until there are better Rank 6 Numbers for the former and more LV6 monsters for the latter.

Number6ChronomalyAtlandis-YS13-EN-C-1E.p

Rank 6

LIGHT

[Machine/Xyz/Effect]

2 Level 6 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 "Number" monster in your Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of that equipped monster. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then send the monster equipped by this effect to the Graveyard; halve your opponent's Life Points. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

2600/3000

Discuss what uses this card may have now, and whether or not his nerfing was needed...

EDIT: ...and, if none of that interests you, discuss how Numbers changed from anime to OCG and why, I guess.

I made a topic about this guy in the Dueling Network Forums, and the general consensus was that this guy has two main uses: a giant beater if you can equip a Number to him, and an FTK tool thanks to his halving effect.  Atlandis has another new Rank 6 target in Number 72, and 72 has a slightly more useful effect than Force Focus.

As to whether or not his nerf was needed, for being a generic Rank 6, it was needed, as he would be too abusable as he was.  This is why I think they should have restricted him to Chronomaly and left his anime effect as is, so that when they'd finally get Monolith, there'd be justification to restricting Monolith to him, and Atlandis would be more justified in being a Chronomaly IMO.

As to whether or not his nerf was needed, for being a generic Rank 6, it was needed, as he would be too abusable as he was.  This is why I think they should have restricted him to Chronomaly and left his anime effect as is, so that when they'd finally get Monolith, there'd be justification to restricting Monolith to him, and Atlandis would be more justified in being a Chronomaly IMO.

Just so as we're clear, you mean a Material restriction as opposed to changing it to "Chronomaly Xyz equip", yes? In which case I agree.

Just so as we're clear, you mean a Material restriction as opposed to changing it to "Chronomaly Xyz equip", yes? In which case I agree.

Yes I meant 2 Level 6 "Chronomaly" monsters.  I actually had a similar idea about Coat of Arms needing 3 Level 4 "Heraldic Beast" monsters, and keeping his anime effect as is, but Coat of Arms would still be too broken even then.

Yes I meant 2 Level 6 "Chronomaly" monsters.  I actually had a similar idea about Coat of Arms needing 3 Level 4 "Heraldic Beast" monsters, and keeping his anime effect as is, but Coat of Arms would still be too broken even then.

Yeah, their effects are on different tiers. This becomes an insane beater, Life Point hitter, and Waboku on legs eventually, the last of which would rarely actually come up. Coat of Arms becomes literally everything in play, along with effect destruction safety and Sakuretsu on legs. Not sure how to accomplish that with Heart-eartH, not even really sure we should.

Archived