[Leaderboard] Therrion vs. Instinct [Insinct Wins!]

Therrion

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. Cards Due: 7/23/13 (Open to change if needed) Voting Ends: 7/26/13 (if due date is moved back, this is also)
3. First to 3 votes win.
4. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser.

5. Writtens allowed and preferred

Requirements: Make an Xyz Monster that requires Type Specific materials of a Type that has yet to recieved such an Xyz Monster.

(Aqua, Fiend, Fish, Psychic, Sea Serpent, and Thunder.)

Note: Reptile (King of Feral Imps), Plants (Melia the Ashwood Nymph), and Dinosaurs (Evolzar) are counted as their Type for my ideal requirements.

Card A:

1515141.jpg

2 Level 3 Sea Serpent-Type monsters
This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains 200 ATK for each of your banished Fish-Type monsters. If this card has no Xyz Material, it cannot attack.

Card B:

swa0.jpg

2 Fiend-Type monsters
This card's Rank is equal to the Level of the lowest Level Fiend-Type monster used to Xyz Summon it. This card gains ATK equal to its Rank x 100. Once per turn: You can target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; this card's effect becomes that target's effects until the End Phase, and if it does, destroy 1 Xyz Material attached to this card.

If you look at what can bring it out, A is underpowered. Also, This card somewhat counteract itself. Nothing else to say... just play Sea Lancer

(-.-")... Looking up this card's targets is gonna be a pain. TGU, Archfind Trick and Ghostrick Specter all come to mind.

...Now I see that Specter does not work, and that Trick's name is Heiress now. Other things worth noting are Fableds grabing dead synchros effects by any 2 fiends (I'm not sure if that is grand), re using OPT effects and Infernitys, too lazy to look it up, but I am sure it can do as much stuff with them as Lavalval Chain.

Anyways, IMO it is bad design, as it has little limits.

Voting A, though its hardly playable now, future cards can make it so, while B can only grow or limit its type designs. am sleepy

If you look at what can bring it out, A is underpowered [True, the monsters that can go into it are limited. Atlantean Marksman comes to mind, as well as Call of the Atlanteans. It doesn't even have Rabbit fodder.]. Also, This card somewhat counteract itself [Actually just goes to balance itself as a beater, another option being a big wall in the right scenarios]. Nothing else to say... [Then just go on to the next card.]

(-.-")... Looking up this card's targets is gonna be a pain. TGU, Archfind Trick and Ghostrick Specter all come to mind.

...Now I see that Specter does not work, and that Trick's name is Heiress now. Other things worth noting are Fableds grabing dead synchros effects by any 2 fiends (I'm not sure if that is grand) [It isn't], re using OPT effects and Infernitys [Somewhat noteworthy, however, Infernity isn't even T3, you shouldn't fear them], too lazy to look it up, but I am sure [Never say that, as it shows ignorance. Vote on things you know, you aren't forced to vote] it can do as much stuff with them as Lavalval Chain [lol].

Anyways, IMO it is bad design [because it helps 2 Fiend-Type Archetypes, kthnx.], as it has little limits [the Type is the limit, mind you. You also need worthwhile monsters of destroying as Xyz material, such as Archfiends.].

Now that I've narrowed down the babbling to a review, everything you said were just assumptions. If you don't know, then you don't HAVE to vote. You say little to nothing about Card A, and state unsurities around Card B, that you admit you're too not in the know/lazy to confirm such said assumptions, and base a vote upon that. I added comments to each little part, moreso for Card B then A, as you said a very straight forward, small sentence for Card A.

However, I don't think I have the right to deny the vote, so Card A 1-Card B 0.

(...) as you said a very straight forward, small sentence for Card A. However, I don't think I have the right to deny the vote, so Card A 1-Card B 0.

Ahh... (._.) sorry, told I was sleepy.

A is beater that is somewhat difficult to summon right now and is not that efficient, what do you want me to say!?

But it seems that "banish fish" will only grow, and if it gets easier to summon, then it will probably become an instant 3k, plus (as you pointed out) a wall if needed be. Though I understand the second detach now, it still gains 400 ATK for its materials, material which it will only lose to gain ATK... !?

And it gains for only banished fish, if it gained for sea serpents too that would have been better design wise and would not have harmed it gameplay wise (unless the concept is it consuming fish :s).

Even when my thoughts are wrong, B's scoop is still too wide IMO. Each and every future fiend monster should be made with it in mind; limiting, yet even then it still gains 1 more target. And its summon condition is rather easy, it might be fine with a harder/different one. Plus, the way I understand it you only destroy a material if targeting and gainning an effect goes through, which means that you sort of delayed its cost. Its ATK gain & RK manipulate effects are more of a concept than a usage; concept is nice. 

Also, looking at it... what I said does not sound that defferent (just extended), I think this is just as good as I get. You can throw my vote out the window, if one/both contestant do not find it concrete. ^_^

A side note: "Infernity isn't even T3, you shouldn't fear them".... I do not get it, it still is unfair with them. If Shinigami is summoned with 1 Necromancer & 1 Archfind in grave you can easily go +3 at least.

EDIT: Should probably say it again, voting A, it does not offer much but A offers too much and hinders its own type future designs.

You cannot design a card on the basis that an archetype it would potentially break is underplayed, especially if they're just a few hits from dominating. That said, Card B just has too much potential. The difference between regular detaching and what the card does  is hardly noticeable, because there's like one card that triggers off detaching.

I love the design of Card A, even if it is underpowered and the entire design choice of excluding the gain to Fish-types instead of the normal window baffles me.

That's a vote for Card A, by the way.

Dayum, Therrion has some good competition for first place

The main purpose pursued was the destroying of material, I didn't think of Infernity or really anything when saying it could copy effects.

I didn't make it to break something, I made it to help Archfiends in an odd about way, really. I also made the destroy happen after everything so that Archfiends would actually trigger and resolve without missing the timing.

Basara, you said "again", however said B as opposed to A. I believe it's 2-0 Card A despite your stating B, clarification please?

The main purpose pursued was the destroying of material, I didn't think of Infernity or really anything when saying it could copy effects.

I didn't make it to break something, I made it to help Archfiends in an odd about way, really. I also made the destroy happen after everything so that Archfiends would actually trigger and resolve without missing the timing.

Basara, you said "again", however said B as opposed to A. I believe it's 2-0 Card A despite your stating B, clarification please?

<_< This keeps going wrong, voting A, and editting that post.

Archived