m6xm.jpg

When your opponent activates the effect(s) of a monster, take note of its Attribute until the End Phase. Your opponent cannot activate the effect(s) of monsters, except monsters that have that Attribute.

[spoiler=New Design Notes] Upon Koko's suggestions, a lot was changed. Fairy-Type became Spellcaster-Type, to add another tool for Spellbooks vs. E-Dragons for the most part. The decision of it being LIGHT as opposed to WIND was to counterbalance with Kyko's DARK attribute, making Chaos somewhat usable in Spellbooks (despite the fact it may still not be, which doesn't bother me one bit). Otherwise, it was just a needed ATK Boost. Thoughts? [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Original Design Notes] I wanted it to cripple some decks, yet not all. I wanted balanced control, yet to be viable. I had trouble wording it, but I got my point accross (I feel). Iona is an Angel in MTG that shows an aspect of control, based on Color, so I named her after that very Angel since she shows control based on Attribute (The Yu-Gi-Oh! equal of Color). Other then that, it was rather simple. It cripples decks, including E-Dragons, Gadgets (Tinplate, Kagetokage, forces their Xyz into EARTH or a slow effect, etc.), and in some cases Spellbooks (WATER searcher prohibits future Priestess that turn, etc.) Thoughts? [/spoiler]

Flavor
It's alright, but nothing amazing. It works well when put into contrast that WIND appears to be a very slow, stall-ish playstyle that hinders your opponent more than anything. Works with stuff like Ghost Fairies. Not particularly fond of the image with the effect, I don't really see how it fits that well but maybe that's just me thinking a little too hard about it.

Design
The design of the card is fine for an anti-meta card, given how anti-meta cards are poor design for the most part in and of itself. I don't think it would actually do anything, so it's fine on a term of powercreep. Again, I feel like the only thing that's stopping this card from being good design is the fact that it's made with the purpose of completely destroying some decks.

Effect/Playability
But the important thing is that this isn't actually ever going to be played. With it being a Fairy, it has nothing special to it in terms of support so decks cannot utilize that. Being a WIND also does it absolutely no favors, considering how WIND is by far the worst type in the game. It's stats are weak, so just about anything can run it over given that it's a competent deck. So, one must wonder.. Why would I play this when I can just play a good card like Gozen Match? It does the same as this card, except it actually allows you to Normal Summon monsters that won't get run over the moment you Summon them. Fairies would not play this, nor would WINDs. It doesn't contribute to Herald of Perfection builds or anything of the sort (like Agents), as there are better side deck cards than this and you are not going to play this in the main deck

Fixes
- Make it stronger (ATK stat is far too weak. 1900 would have been fine)
- Make it's Type/Attribute different

Honestly this is just not a good card. Sorry.

I appreciate the harsh ciritcism. A complete rehaul will be attempted, keeping the effect the same.

Thanks Koko ^^ I agree with every point you made. I didn't want to make it into something for the sole purpose of avoiding the undersupported, however, am willing to change all of that. (AKA, didn't want to make it non-Fairy, non-WIND just because they both do infact suck)

SIDE NOTE: This counts effects in the Graveyard and hand, which Gozen can't do anything to stop. Exg. This means using Boulder to Summon Redox will lock into EARTH, making Blaster not be able to discard to destroy, or Tidal to Summon himself, or even Sacred Sword to trigger a search. Yes, she is somewhat scary, which is why I chose 1700 as opposed to 1900 originally. Not sure if you knew the above, so just adding it here.

Archived