300px-SummonedSkull-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg'

So with LCJW right around the corner, it's looking REALLY likely that this'll get yet another reprint. Here's the thing though, with the new Archfiend Support, this thing will have to (in some way) be identified as an Archfiend (like they've already done with Axe of Despair). Kevin Tewart already stated that they wouldn't be changing the name due to his status as an iconic monster. So how do you think they'll fix it?

Simple, we get a reprint of the retrained version Skull Archfiend of Lightning

You do realize they're not the same card right? You can't bring out B. Skull Dragon (the main reason I believe we're even getting another reprint) using Skull Archfiend of Lighting (Thunderclap Demon King - Skull Daemon) you need Summoned Skull (Daemon's Summon).

Simple they don't change this card at all. Skull Archfiend of Lightning exists, and even though that SAoL can't be used to summon B. Skull Dragon, I don't see a reason why Summoned Skull needs to be changed.

You cannot use Swing of Memories with that card. That is a legitimate choice in the Level 6 version of Archfiends =/

The card needs to be changed or else Archfiends are going to suffer as a result.

It is a legitimate option in the Level 6 Archfiend variant because of all the dumping you can do. Makes being able to use Commander incredibly safe.

Which reminds me, they should really release Commander in pack rather than it be a JUMP promo otherwise the deck (the Rank 6 variant) would suffer more outside the US.

Which reminds me, they should really release Commander in pack rather than it be a JUMP promo otherwise the deck (the Rank 6 variant) would suffer more outside the US.

You do know that Shonen Jump is going international, right? So the new Jump promos are going to be legal in Europe, starting with Vulcan

You do know that Shonen Jump is going international, right? So the new Jump promos are going to be legal in Europe, starting with Vulcan

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Although the article said that readers from the UK, Ireland, Austraila, New Zealand and South Africa can purchase a monthly subscription, and if I recall yugioh promos are only given out to yearly subscription holders, which we can't do yet in the UK, Ireland, etc. But I do hope that changes soon (Before Vulcan is released, but yeah I'd happily pay £1.99 a month for a monthly subscription).

If they won't change the name (which is a good idea not to do, because it is pretty iconic, same as Axe of Despair), they'd maybe print it as an Effect Monster, state that it's always treated as an "Archfiend", and that it's always treated as a Normal Monster.

Because if they just put that it's an Archfiend in the lore, but visually make it a Normal Monster, people probably won't notice it. Plus it might return to the age where people have to explain that the text of Normal Monsters is flavor text and has no effect on gameplay.

But it's not an effect, so...

It is genuinely simpler to have the (long ago official) ruling that it's an Archfiend, and not change anything. Otherwise, all other Archfiend support have to include the numerous Archfiends that aren't named "Archfiend", just because of Summoned Skull.

I'm pretty sure they'll have the lore in Italics while the (This card is always treated as an Archfiend card) in non-italics and placing that at the bottom of the text box. Similar to what they have done with the newer tokens they've been releasing

Wait, wasn't this guy Thunder? Maybe I'm thinking of another card.

[url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Makiu%2C_the_Magical_Mist]This card?[/url]

OT: It's hard to see the point of Dark Magician existing with this card out, since they both have the same ATK. But then, Dark Magician got support and stuff while this card pretends it's not an Archfiend.

More OT: A 1-Tribute 2500 beater is nice, even if it made monsters like Ansatsu, Spikebot, and Slot Machine look completely weak. Of course, this card gets a taste of this medicine when Caius comes around and shows that a free banishing (and potential damage) > 100 extra ATK. However, that 100 point difference makes a big difference since it lets this be used for EEV. And then there's the whole Archfiend thing going on.

This card?

OT: It's hard to see the point of Dark Magician existing with this card out, since they both have the same ATK. But then, Dark Magician got support and stuff while this card pretends it's not an Archfiend.

More OT: A 1-Tribute 2500 beater is nice, even if it made monsters like Ansatsu, Spikebot, and Slot Machine look completely weak. Of course, this card gets a taste of this medicine when Caius comes around and shows that a free banishing (and potential damage) > 100 extra ATK. However, that 100 point difference makes a big difference since it lets this be used for EEV. And then there's the whole Archfiend thing going on.

No, I don't think so, but for some reason, I have Thunder in my head.

The reason you think "Thunder" is because Summoned Skull used electricity in the anime, and being an iconic monster, this lingers in your mind most when thinking of Summoned Skull. The fact Makiu supports Thunders OR Summoned Skull does not help.

Summoned Skull came out in MRD. Dark Magician was LOB. So they weren't released alongside each other, at least.

So... This card's English name is going to end up being Archfiend Skull, right?
Or Skull Archfiend/Summoned Archfiend/Archfiend's Summon/etc

Somebody didn't read the OP.

Kevin Tewart already stated that they wouldn't be changing the name due to his status as an iconic monster. So how do you think they'll fix it?

Hoepfully they'll just put in regular text (This card is always treated as an "Archfiend" card.) on every appropriate card, or change the names with minor changes on the "less iconic cards". In my opinion, name changes are preferable when they won't cause much confusion.
It's bad enough arguing with DNers over obvious rules; it's even worse when the rules don't have an easy-to-reach source, like with about 90% of the rules of the game.

Summoned Skull came out in MRD. Dark Magician was LOB. So they weren't released alongside each other, at least.

Pretty sure Summoned Skull was originally in Starter Deck Yugi in America, which came out before Metal Raiders.  That would mean Summoned Skull was released with Dark Magician in Starter Deck Yugi decks.

Archived