I'm tired, so I make a sleep-themed card

Sora1499

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Wait, what?  Did someone wake me up?  Oh yeah, I have to do that little jingle of mine before I show the card.

Comment, review, rate, hate, whatever.  Enjoy...  zzzzzzzz...

260990.jpg              

[spoiler='yawn']Target 1 monster your opponent controls; change that target to face-down Defense Position. When that monster is flipped face-up: Target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, then send this card to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Effect & Use: It gives Ghostrick a new tool, but it is as well a very powerful card itself. I generally don't really like when you just lock down face-downs and don't allow them to do anything without blowing themselves up, but since this card is required, it can be harder to do. And since it's a Trap Card, if you use it doing your opponent's turn, you can't just attack the guy right away, so I'm okay with it.

Design/Balance: It's both a Trap, and does require itself to be face-up for the blow to happen. Both not something many cards today like, but it is still powerful. It also is just a 1-of card, where many cards have different uses. I would probably consider this in Ghostrick, because of how it locks the card down unless they wish for it to blow itself, or another important card, up.

Flavor/Image and Originality: Sleeping makes sense for face-downs, and I like the image, it's cute :D It probably isn't the most original card, though, there isn't a card that quite does the same either.

Overall: Decent card. It isn't the most amazing card I have ever seen, but it doesn't need anything else in my book. It is good at what it does, without being too crazy either. 7/10

OCG fix: None, and for that you get Zazu's Zeal of Approval.

Unless there's some combo that you're going to pull off with this card that involves Defense Position monsters, it's just a slower Raigeki Break. My personal thing is that it doesn't have a clause that states "When this card is sent to the Graveyard, send that monster to the Graveyard" or x effect that happens with Fiendish.

Archived