[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

What do you guys think of Pot of Avarice's position? I believe with Duplicity out now that it might move up the ban list, but then again Storm didn't move Heavy Storms position.

Also I reckon that Mirror Force will go to 3. They've been promoting it a fair bit lately and I think that since every one and his dog has one, Konami wants more people to use it

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think of Pot of Avarice's position? I believe with Duplicity out now that it might move up the ban list, but then again Storm didn't move Heavy Storms position.

0, it's not terribly relevant this format but I feel it's too much and it's a really sacky top deck.

0, it's not terribly relevant this format but I feel it's too much and it's a really sacky top deck.

That I can understand that, but the Duplicity doesn't help decks that focus on single types, but supports stuff like Ghostrick and Madolche instead with their mixture of types.

I just Hope they make alternate versions of Duplicity that will help other various decks like mixture of attributes or single types.

This is what I think, its basically a Pot of Greed and while people say fattening the Deck is bad, I personally dont think it is. Its cost isn't even a cost, its just more of a benefit that I can recycle my Extra Deck cards, and my Normal Monsters for Rabbit abuse etc etc. I'm even saying that I think Avarice is just as bad as Greed.

Also Rabbit will most likely go to 1. I think that kills Evilswarm just a bit to make it not run the Heliotrope engine anymore (maybe)

I'd hit Chicken before spirit. Spirit isn't bad design in and of itself, but the chicken is TERRIBLE design and deserves to be banned. As for the list prediction, I doubt Konami will hit spirit. They're releasing chicken in the next pack ffs

They need to hit Fire Fists or else next format will be Fire Fist format. Therefore, Spirit is the most likely candidate for being hit with Rekindling being 2nd. Chicken will not be hit over something like Spirit because Spirit is the problem. Tenki will never get hit because of Bujin.

One thing I seeing in these list is why Tenki is not appearing as limited to 1 as a lot of Fire fist can just add and set their spell and traps from the deck, the fact their searcher is among the following is a ROTA for beast warriors.

Bujin.

Bujin.

But doesn't Bujin make it worse as their deck consist of various cards like their own form of Honest and a lot of Hand and Grave Traps...

(Thank god theirs only 2 Beast Warriors among them (one being a Stratos that can set up for grave traps) though a lot more would make the deck chaotic...)

[quote name="kingdom Neos" post="6250488" timestamp="1375458558"]One thing I seeing in these list is why Tenki is not appearing as limited to 1 as a lot of Fire fist can just add and set their spell and traps from the deck, the fact their searcher is among the following is a ROTA for beast warriors.[/quote] Bujins and 8-axis. Tenki ain't getting touched until the format after SHSP format when Bujin and FF have finished their product cycle.

[quote name="kingdom Neos" post="6250488" timestamp="1375458558"]One thing I seeing in these list is why Tenki is not appearing as limited to 1 as a lot of Fire fist can just add and set their spell and traps from the deck, the fact their searcher is among the following is a ROTA for beast warriors.[/quote] Bujins and 8-axis. Tenki ain't getting touched until the format after SHSP format when Bujin and FF have finished their product cycle.

But doesn't Bujin make it worse as their deck consist of various cards like their own form of Honest and a lot of Hand and Grave Traps...

(Thank god theirs only 2 Beast Warriors among them (one being a Stratos that can set up for grave traps) though a lot more would make the deck chaotic...)

They need to support Bujin or else they're not going to sell them. Therefore, they will not hit Tenki out of fear of losing a good majority of the interest in Judgment of the Light more than anything.

They need to support Bujin or else they're not going to sell them. Therefore, they will not hit Tenki out of fear of losing a good majority of the interest in Judgment of the Light more than anything.

They could also just make another way to get Yamato in the hand, then hit Tenki afterwards.

[quote name="Zazubat" post="6250496" timestamp="1375459111"]They could also just make another way to get Yamato in the hand, then hit Tenki afterwards.[/quote][quote name="Zazubat" post="6250496" timestamp="1375459111"]They could also just make another way to get Yamato in the hand, then hit Tenki afterwards.[/quote] There aren't any Bujin searcher spells in this pack it the next, so I doubt we'll ever get one.

Banned:

Card Destruction. Obvious Reasons

Super Rejuvenation. Obvious Reasons

Spell Book of Judgment. Obvious Reasons

Monster Reborn. Obvious Reasons

Limited:

Atlantean Dragoons. Slows down Mermails

Baby Elemental Dragons. Slows down E-Dragons

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity. Because without it Wind-Ups are bad...and I like Wind-Ups...so this is just me being bias and hopeful

Spell Book of Secrets. Slows down Spell Books

Evilswarm Ophion. It's a win condition against some decks all on it's own, so yeah.

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World. It's a boss monster that is a +1 each time it's summon...and it always ready to be summon.

Semi-Limited:

Bortherhood of the Fire Fist -Spirit. I don't agree with KoKo saying this card is the problem with Fire Fist. This card reminds me of Debris Dragon...sure it's a one card exceed/synchro but it has enough limitations to make it SOMEWHAT balanced on its own. The problem pops up with the way it interacts with other broken cards namely Chicken. But since Konami wants to make money on the set they won't hit Chicken. I see them putting this and Tenki at two to "slow the deck down" with out making it terrible.

Fire Formation - Tenki. Slow down Fire Fist with out making them "bad."

Mermail Abyssmegalo - Even though people only run 2, Konami might still feel the need to semi it.

Unlimited:

Thunder King. No reason to be at two.

T.G. Striker. Should have never been hit.

Agent of Mystery - Earth. The card has ONE good target...so yeah.

I agree with most, though is Hootcake the main problem with the Deck? I thought it was something else, I dunno though.

HootCake makes Queen super playable, and Queens is kinda broken...but they won't hit Queen since it's not generic....I guess HootCake is the next best thing.

well, here are my thoughts on the matter

forbidden
Red eyes darkness Metal Dragon
Card Destruction
Monster Reborn
One day of Peace

limited
Summoner Monk
Fishborg Blaster
Coach Soldier Wolfberk
Spellbook of Secrets
Coldwave
Fire formation - Tenki
Super Rejuvenation

Semi limited

T.G. Striker
Crane Crane

Blaster, Dragon ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon ruler of storms
Tidal, Dragon ruler of Water falls
Blackwing gale the whirlwind
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Spirit
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Cardinal
Madolche Queen Tiramasu
Scapegoat

unlimited
Tsukuyomi
Thunder king Rai-Oh
Royal Tribute

well, here are my thoughts on the matter

forbidden
Red eyes darkness Metal Dragon
Card Destruction
Monster Reborn
One day of Peace

limited
Summoner Monk
Fishborg Blaster
Coach Soldier Wolfberk
Spellbook of Secrets
Coldwave
Fire formation - Tenki
Super Rejuvenation

Semi limited
T.G. Striker
Crane Crane
Blaster, Dragon ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon ruler of storms
Tidal, Dragon ruler of Water falls
Blackwing gale the whirlwind
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Spirit
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Cardinal
Madolche Queen Tiramasu
Scapegoat

unlimited
Tsukuyomi
Thunder king Rai-Oh
Royal Tribute

thanks dawg now people will have to think before running out of cardinal commanders

Might as well add my two-cents:

Forbidden:
Spellbook of Judgment
Super Rejuvenation
Number 11: Big Eye

Judgment shouldn't have been printed at all, and Super Rejuvenation is just stupid in Dragon Rulers, it basically restores an entire hand.  And Big Eye should've been hit a long time ago, considering it's a walking Change of Heart.

Limited:
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Atlantean Dragoons and/or Mermail Abyssmegalo
Rescue Rabbit
Spellbook of Secrets

Hitting Dracossack strips Dragon Rulers of yet another major weapon without hitting the actual Dragon Rulers, which Konami wants to promote with the upcoming tins.  Hitting Dragoons and Megalo slows down Mermails without completely killing the Deck.  And Resuce Rabbit should get hit as well, considering a number of decks made good use of him this format.  Hitting Spellbook of Secrets also follows Konomi's trend of hitting consistency cards.

Semi-Limited:
Book of Moon
Rekindeling
Solemn Warning

Book of Moon doesn't deserve it's place on the list.  Warning shouldn't have gotten hit at all either.  With Rooster and Wolfbark coming out, I don't see Konami hitting many Fire Fist cards, if any at all.  Hitting Rekindling drops the OTK factor a bit, and I could see it going to Limited as well.

Unlimited
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Pot of Duality

Not much to say about TKRO that other people haven't said.  With Spellbooks hit, TKRO can return.  Duality is a personal preference, and should be at 3.

Feel free to tear this to shreds.

Banned:

Card Destruction. Obvious Reasons

Super Rejuvenation. Obvious Reasons

Spell Book of Judgment. Obvious Reasons

Monster Reborn. Obvious Reasons

Limited:

Atlantean Dragoons. Slows down Mermails

Baby Elemental Dragons. Slows down E-Dragons

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity. Because without it Wind-Ups are bad...and I like Wind-Ups...so this is just me being bias and hopeful

Spell Book of Secrets. Slows down Spell Books

Evilswarm Ophion. It's a win condition against some decks all on it's own, so yeah.

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World. It's a boss monster that is a +1 each time it's summon...and it always ready to be summon.

Semi-Limited:

Bortherhood of the Fire Fist -Spirit. I don't agree with KoKo saying this card is the problem with Fire Fist. This card reminds me of Debris Dragon...sure it's a one card exceed/synchro but it has enough limitations to make it SOMEWHAT balanced on its own. The problem pops up with the way it interacts with other broken cards namely Chicken. But since Konami wants to make money on the set they won't hit Chicken. I see them putting this and Tenki at two to "slow the deck down" with out making it terrible.

Fire Formation - Tenki. Slow down Fire Fist with out making them "bad."

Mermail Abyssmegalo - Even though people only run 2, Konami might still feel the need to semi it.

Unlimited:

Thunder King. No reason to be at two.

T.G. Striker. Should have never been hit.

Agent of Mystery - Earth. The card has ONE good target...so yeah.

Out of the list I seen sofar on this list, this is the one I hope is what happens for the next format...

As far as Draco/Big Eye goes....
Isn't Draco more of a vital asset to Rulers, rather then Eye?
Or is the other way around just cuz' Eye is an EEV Target?

It is...but the card is really not all that broken TBH, annoying yeah...but I won't call it broke.

Big Eye (I should have out it on my list...) is a Snatch Steal with 2600 ATK...that's a bigger issue than Sack IMO. 

As far as Draco/Big Eye goes....
Isn't Draco more of a vital asset to Rulers, rather then Eye?
Or is the other way around just cuz' Eye is an EEV Target?

Draco is more of an asset but it isn't really broke, just really really annoying. Big Eye has 2600, EEV target, and steals any monster with no cost. That's broke.

What the hell... I play the game a bit... Here's my take on things...

[spoiler=Banned]

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Inzektor Hornet

Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning

Elemental HERO Stratos

Ultimate Offering

Gladiator Beast - Gyzarus

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Limited]

Rescue Rabbit

Archlord Kristya

Thunder Seahorse