[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

I might as well:

Forbidden:

Number 11: Big Eye: A very unfair card. Needs to go, regardless of the relevance that Rulers will have.

Spellbook of Judgement: Worst designed TCG card of the decade.

Super Rejuvenation: Judgement for Dragons. Even without Rulers, it has applications in Exodia decks.

Limited:

Atlantean Dragoons: I just don't feel that it will be banned. Regardless, it will slow Mermails down.

Mermail Abyssmegalo: Mermails aren't a deck that will go down with only one hit. This is the next logical option after Dragoons.

Mecha Phantom Beast Dracosack: Or it could be semi'd. I really just want to see this on the list.

Number 16: Shock Master: As much as I like multiple Shock-locks with Gadgets, this needs to happen.

Evilswarm Ophion: Might Happen, Might not. I don't see them hitting Rabbit or Kery K-ON!, so this is my best bet.

Semi-Limited:

Blaster/Tempest/Tidal/Redox: An alternative to limiting the little ones. This will probably hurt the deck more.

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit: Just a small hit for 3-Axis.

T.G. Striker: This should be at 3, but Konami likes to take things slowly.

Spellbook of Secrets: With Judgement gone, there's nothing wrong with Prophecy, but they might want to hit this too.

Fire Formation - Tenki: Another little hit on Fire Fist. It wont go lower than this because Constellars and mainly Bujin.

Solemn Warning: Wishful thinking. They might not do it, but in my oppinion it needs to return to 2.

Unlimited:

The Agent of Mistery - Earth: Agents aren't a thing anymore.

Tsukuyomi: At 2 is only a tech or a Side Deck card. It has no reason to not go up to 3.

Thunder King Rai-Oh: Plz.

Then maybe some Limited to Semi / Semi to Unlimited changes for some old random cards.

I like keeping my banlists as short as possible, and this is what I ended up with. Some people are talking about hitting Emptiness but realistically I don't think it will happen.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're talking about wishful thinking TER coming off the ban list would be a beautiful gift from Konami. Honestly, REDMD is gonna get banned. It's not the most fair move, but with Rulers where they are now it's almost definitely happening. Actually, I'll put them in a list THEN put why. [b][i][u](Newly)Banned[/u][/i][/b] Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon - See above Super Rejuvenation - Rulers, Exodia, and plain insanity. Heart Of The Underdog - I'm not gonna sit here and watch you draw thirty cards to win with Exodia in one turn. No. Go away. [b][i][u](Newly)Limited[/u][/i][/b] Light And Darkness Dragon (did I get the name right) - Even with a cost, the ability to use this effect repeatedly, especially when cards can protect it from being destroyed even if it's attack gets low, is barely even fair when you can only have one. (If this card is already limited and I'm being a moron, just ignore this.) [b][i][u](Newly)Semi-Limited[/u][/i][/b] I'm gonna put a blanket on the other E. Dragons here. There is NO reason to allow all of them to be at 3. Reaper Of Prophecy (I think that's right... I haven't played in a couple weeks, I apologize) - If I had my way it'd be limited or even banned, but once this card is destroyed it's almost GUARANTEED to come back.

FORBIDDEN:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning: I honestly don't know why they made it limited. It's still broken. It was on the banlist for like what, decades? Having able to play one isn't as fair as none.

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon: Easily played by banishing a pointless little dragon (Troop Dragon, etc.) Then there are 2 things you can do: SS from the grave or hand, no catch. Dragon Ruler's who died earlier or from your hand, or maybe Blue-Eyes to activate Burst Stream and wipe out the field.

Reaper of Prophecy: Based off of how easy it is to to spam with his effects when he's Normal Summoned, let's just review.

1) 3 or More (Spellbook Spell cards) Gains 600 ATK. 

6 Star + 600 ATK = Beatstick. (Not to mention, it's no limit, he can keep gaining)

2) 4 or more: Add a spell book spell card from the deck to your hand.

Yeah, add more gasoline to the fire...

3) 5 or More: Special Summon a level 5 or higher spellcaster type monster from your deck.

Okay, I'm not familiar with "Spellbook Archetype" to know it's Archetype Monsters/ Support, but there's probably a god-like beatstick you can play, or Dark Magician, and hell, nowadays, there's about 100 things you can do with DM on the field. (Fuse, DMA, Ritual, etc.)

Spellbook of Judgement: Now let's say you have a hand full of Spellbook cards, activate this, use those cards, Restock on the same amount of cards that you might need, and Special Summon based on how many you get, combining this with a just Special Summoned Reaper of Prophecy and you'll have a brand new hand of Spellbook Spell Cards, ripe for use to make Reaper even more OP.

Ultimate Offering: Broken in possibly every deck, especially Gemini's..

QUICK NOTE: Sangan is still banned, yet they implement him into their own structure decks....strange...

That's all I could think off at the moment.

My banlist, I guess. I cba to put reasoning but feel free to question me on anything.

Banned-

Spellbook of Judgment

Super Rejuvenation

Card Destruction

Ultimate Offering

Pot of Avarice

Naturia Beast

Black Whirlwind

Limited-

Baby Dragons

Atlantean Dragoons

Abyss-Sphere

Evilswarm Ophion

Vanity's Emptiness

Spellbook Magician of Prophecy

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit

Number 11: Big Eye

Onslaught of the Fire Kings

Semi'd-

Fire Formation - Tenki

Book of Moon

Scapegoat

Unlimited-

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

T.G. Striker

Thunder King Rai-Oh

May be missing some important stuff I forgot, idk.

Forbidden: 

- Super Rejuvination

- Spellbook of Judgement

- Pot of Avarice

Limited:

- Gold Sarcophagus

- Number 11: Big eye

- Rescue Rabbit

- Atlantean Dragoons

Semi-Limited:

- Evilswarm Kerykeion

- T.G. Striker

- Fire Formation - Tenki

- Lonefire Blossom

- Inzektor Dragonfly

- Plaguespreader Zombie

- Burial From a Different Dimension

Unlimited:

- Thunder King Rai-Oh

- Tsukuyomi

- The Agent Of Mystery - Earth

Probably going to get some criticism, but this is me envisioning a fair format for the next 6 months. People would actually want to play the new cards under this list, and as always, there is 1 tier-1 deck that will remain playable. Most cards on this list are self-explanatory but I will explain my reasoning for the obscure ones.

Pot of Avarice- The way this card enables decks to continue applying pressure after losing a big field is ridiculous, and it has crazy top-deck power. I beleive pot of duplicity was intended as a fair replacement to this card.

Gold Sarcophagus- This appears on my list as a way for the dragon deck to lose consistency without needing to hit the baby dragons, which is 4 cards to hit, not to mention super rejuvination or potentially card destruction. I think konami would rather hit sarcophagus because it is less cards and they have limited the card before. Any time this card has become abusable, it has been limited in some way.

Rescue Rabbit- First turn this card is pretty insane and builds crazy advantage. It should be limited just like Rescue cat was back in its day, and stay like that until it is banned.

Evilswarm Kerykeion- Evilswarms have been around for a very long time in Japan and now here in the US for almost a whole format. Ophion is the play the deck has and kerykeion and rabbit are the unfair ways of making it. Cards like kerykeion in evilswarms and Sombre in Constellars give them too much speed and power and I wouldn't be suprised to see them both semi-limited.

Tenki- If this card is semi-limited the deck will still be very good and very playable, jotl will sell well as a set and everyone will be happy. But if this card doesn't go to 2 or less it will just be a fire fist format.

Lonefire Blossom- Honestly this card doesn't do very much in plants anymore, and with the new xyz coming out that supports plants and level 3's this makes sense. There is also a new version of tytannial that was released in jotl as a tcg exclusive. Think about it..

Inzektor Dragonfly- Sangan is banned and I think this deck is due for some of its cards to come back. The deck is quite unplayable now, But I think konami might want to keep it that way. ( This is more personal preference).

Plaguespreader Zombie- Barely played at 1. New vampire/Zombie Support, balanced card outside of lightsworn. Has anyone ever complained about their opponent summoning plaguespreader? (Besides when malicious was at 3 lol).

Burial from a different Dimension- This card coming back to 2 could be very interesting in Bujin, or maybe just because mezuki is at 1 and I've literally never seen anyone play this card. Bujin's honestly need help otherwise they will not be very good.

This thread sucks...go to Pojo

tumblr_mr2t7ypHB91se2vfqo1_500.gif

OT: Not going to post a list, because I'm too lazy. But a few things I think could happen.
-Atlans getting the BWing treatment
-Prophecy and Rulers getting consistency hit, but not enough
-Fire Fist get nothing done except maybe Rekindling
-Agents, Plants, and/or BWings may get a little slack

Banned

L&DD (Has proved countless times that he is too powerful. Makes Sack that much better.) [From Unlimited]

Number 16: Shock Ruler (Card is ridonk, far too much control for far too little) [From Unlimited]

Super Rejuv (Too much CA in a single card, and as Konami has proven, they hate CA in cards.) [From Unlimited]

Monster Reborn (Too good. Has turned around too many games for my comfort, and just doesn't need to be here. If they made one for the user's graveyard only, maybe that card would be limited, but as it stands, I don't care for MR being limited) [From Limited]

Spellbook of Judgment (...) [From Unlimited]

Limit

Baby Dragons (...) [From Unlimited]

Glow-Up Bulb (Melias and the Princesses hint at a possible Plant Revival from Konami, so this would be plausible) [From Banned]

Bear (Won't hit Tenki too hard, best follow up to hurt FF) [From Unlimited]

Mermail Abyssmegalo (...) [From Unlimited]

Atlantean Dragoons (Mermail won't die with a single blow) [From Unlimited]

Trishula (More Synchro revival, plus Synchros need a boss and this card is amongst the best Synchros to date) [From Banned]

Evilswarm Ophion (Fuck this card)  [From Unlimited]

Zenmaighty (Wind-Up with this at 1 wouldn't cause too much of a splash, especially with Magician limited) [From Banned]

Number 11: Big Eye (I don't feel like it needs it, but it may get it as Konami tends to limit things that don't need it to give off the "feel" it is attempting to hit a big deck, but with the baby dragons limited, I don't feel like this would need to be hit) [From Unlimited]

Spellbook of Secrets (With Masters in existance, this seems plausible) [From Unlimited]

Semi-Limit

T.G. Striker (Promote Synchros as a viable strat) [From Limited]

Lonefire Blossom (See Bulb. These 2 are interchangable, but I feel atleast one may happen, but both may occur) [From Limited]

Wind-Up Magician (Wind-Up needs help, and with their abusable ED Monster banned, this is fine at 2 or even 3, really.) [From Limited]

Gladiator Beast Bestiari (Little backrow is played, and the Deck could use some love having been gone so many formats) [From Limited]

The Big Rulers (Either this or the Baby limit, but I feel these will be remained unhit so they can tech in other decks) [From Unlimited]

Tenki (Doubt it will get hit more then this for many reasons, but they will want to hurt FF consistancy) [From Unlimited]

Note that this all will not happen, obviously, and I listed far too many changes for a ban list to bring. More then 80% won't happen, but all are plausible, in my opinion. Some are expectations, some are personal preference, and some are just things that wouldn't impact the game state by giving players more of. Have at my thoughts as you will, as I won't care for any bashing you may attempt.

http://youtu.be/EMNOvKaTwrU

-Banned
Spellbook of Judgement
REDMD

-Limited to 1
Gold Sarcophagus
Super Rejuvenation

Semi Limited
Dragon Ruler Tidal,Tempest,Blaster, and Redox
Spellbook of Secrets
Mezuki
Monster Gate
Plaguespreader Zombie

Unlimited
Agent of Mystery Earth
T.g. Stiker
Archlord Kristya
Mirror Force
Pot of Duality

It's potentially the list, but it's never this early. Still, worth speculating at.

http://youtu.be/EMNOvKaTwrU

-Banned
Spellbook of Judgement
REDMD

-Limited to 1
Gold Sarcophagus
Super Rejuvenation

Semi Limited
Dragon Ruler Tidal,Tempest,Blaster, and Redox
Spellbook of Secrets
Mezuki
Monster Gate
Plaguespreader Zombie

Unlimited
Agent of Mystery Earth
T.g. Stiker
Archlord Kristya
Mirror Force
Pot of Duality

It's potentially the list, but it's never this early. Still, worth speculating at.

Was confirmed fake ages ago. Btw guy if you find a "leak" on a list before the 14th, keep in mind that it'll 9/10 be fake.

And this list is terrible, it kills Prophecy and barely hurts Dragons honestly.

Here my terrible list of what I think with happen.

Forbidden 

Spellbook of Judgement 

Super Rejuvenation

Limited

Pot of Duality (Don't hurt me, here my reasoning) With Pot of Duplicity going to be out I can see them hitting this card even more to promote it

Spellbook of Secrets

Big Eye

Semi Limitied

All E-Dragons (Including babys)

Fire Formation - Tenki

Unlimited

Idk

Was confirmed fake ages ago. Btw guy if you find a "leak" on a list before the 14th, keep in mind that it'll 9/10 be fake.

And this list is terrible, it kills Prophecy and barely hurts Dragons honestly.

Does limiting Gold Sarc, Super Reju and Semi'ing every Dragon "barely hurt" them?

Very specific, this could be any of the presented lists, glad you said which one it was *sarcasm sarcasm*

It couldn't be the one that's actually been put on youtube as a fake list, as opposed to all the ones which are just people on YCM speculating, could it?

well, here are my thoughts on the matter

forbidden
Red eyes darkness Metal Dragon
Card Destruction
Monster Reborn
One day of Peace

limited
Summoner Monk
Fishborg Blaster
Coach Soldier Wolfberk
Spellbook of Secrets
Coldwave
Fire formation - Tenki
Super Rejuvenation

Semi limited

T.G. Striker
Crane Crane

Blaster, Dragon ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon ruler of storms
Tidal, Dragon ruler of Water falls
Blackwing gale the whirlwind
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Spirit
Brotherhood of the fire fist - Cardinal
Madolche Queen Tiramasu
Scapegoat

unlimited
Tsukuyomi
Thunder king Rai-Oh
Royal Tribute

Okay, so...Lot of stuff wrong with this one. Let's start with the fact that you're ignoring Spellbook of Judgment. One Day of Peace? Not especially relevant enough in the meta to warrant a ban. It's fine at 1.

Now let's move on to your limited list. Super Rejuvenation is still broken at 1, that's like bringing back Pot of Greed at 1. Fishborg is not coming back, end of story. It has way too many stupid otks, and it was just a really poorly designed and broken card. Coach Soldier Wolfberk, I somehow doubt is going to get hit. Cold Wave is most definitely not  coming back if we still have Heavy. The last thing we need is more s/t hate.

On to the semi-limited portion. Crane Crane? Really? Also, what on earth is Cardinal doing here? Putting him at two will literally accomplish nothing. I really can't see Scapegoat getting bumped up either, it just really isn't a card we need right now.

In regards to Royal Tribute, it's fine at two. At three it's too powerful, but at two it's just right. GK's are still relevant right now, they don't need a boost.

What the hell... I play the game a bit... Here's my take on things...

Banned

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Inzektor Hornet

Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning

Elemental HERO Stratos

Ultimate Offering

Gladiator Beast - Gyzarus

Rescue Rabbit

Archlord Kristya

Thunder Seahorse

High Priestess of Prophecy

Fire King High Avatar Garunix

Fire Formation - Tenki

Gishki Aquamirror

Judgement of Prophecy

Spellbook of Secrets

Pot Of Duality

Semi-Limited

Gladiator Beast Bestiari

Redox, Elemental Dragon of Crags

Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones

Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas

Tidal, Elemental Dragon of Cascades

Tech Genus Striker

Lonefire Blossom

Book of Moon

Unlimited

Tragoedia

Bottomless Trap Hole

Care to explain why you're hitting Gishki and Glad Beasts, lol? They're hardly relevant in the meta right now. Same with Thunder Seahorse, why is this on here?

Trag and BTH need to stay where they are, particularly BTH.

Hornet doesn't need to go any lower than limited, or else Inzektors will be completely unplayable.

Sorry for the double posting by the way, just needed to get this stuff off my chest.

Care to explain why you're hitting Gishki and Glad Beasts, lol? They're hardly relevant in the meta right now. Same with Thunder Seahorse, why is this on here?

He's not hitting Glad Beasts, he's weakening them by hitting what's broken then strengthening them by hitting what's not broken, therefore making them a less broken deck but not necessarily a worse one.

Archived