E3xvav0.png

Plague Spreader Prophet
Level 6 / DARK
Zombie / Synchro / Effect
"Plaguespreader Zombie" + 1 or more non-Tuner Zombie-Type monsters

You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, but its effect(s) on the field are negated. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 banished Zombie-Type monster; return that target to its owners' Graveyard. Each effect of "Plague Spreader Prophet" can only be activated once per turn.
2500 / 0

Something that Zombies need to get back into the competitive scene, and yet, it's not too good enough to actually make Zombies Tier 1. Also, it does allow for Rank 6 plays if you're playing Il Blud for some odd reason or if you have enough fodder to reuse Zombie Master's revival effect if you decide to revive Zombie Master with Prophet.

EDIT: Now that the revived monsters effect is negated, the only real revival use for this is to get back either a Plaguespreader from your Graveyard to Synch into a Level 8, then recycle a banished Mezuki, or revive a Level 6, like Revived King Ha Des or other Level 6 Zombies for Xyz plays.

Yay better level 6 Zombie Synchros! Especially with Vampires being a thing next format. The first effect is fairly tame: mill a card, grab a zombie. Negating the effects acts as a decent drawback and prevents the abuse if cards like Zombie Master and gogogo zombie. The second effect is very useful for zombies, because of your banishing with Mezuki, plague spreader, and DAD, getting things back into your grave is nice, and it's slow enough to be balanced. I don't think it needs any nerfs, it's decent as-is. Potent, but reasonable.

Admittedly, this card, as most Level 6 Zombie synchros, is brokenly easy to summon. Unlike most other aforementioned synchros, this one actually has a good effect. Now, if this were for any other archetype, I'd say that it goes a bit OP. However, considering that Zombies have been an archetype that has been lacking lately, I'd say that it's about right.

Now, the problem I am most capable of finding, and some will think of this concept as insane, but this card might find serious brokenness in Twilight Zombies (LS + Zombies). Zombies alone would be quite decent with his card because Zombies do rely on the grave, however when the ability to mill Necro / Wulf and Special Summon a Zombie just sound too much.

In any case, it doesn't even match the broken nature of something like Dragon Lords so, good job.

Archived