Sanctuary of the Mist Valley

magemeek22

Sanctuary of the Mist Valley

What:

Basically, this card is the "Gateway of the Six" for Mist Valley monsters. Its functioning is simple; each time a monster is removed from the field but not sent to the Graveyard, the "Sanctuary of the Mist Valley" continuous spell card gains a Mist Counter. Removing Mist Counters from the Sanctuary grant the user special effects, such as: the ability to add a "Mist Valley" card from your Deck or Graveyard to you hand, the ability to bounce cards from the field to the hand, and the ability to Special Summon any "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. Its an extremely powerful card that can harvest counters in a variety of ways - e.g. Harpie Dancer, Genex Birdman, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Mist Valley Falcon, etc. - and can thus prove immensely useful in almost any WIND attribute deck (even if the focus isn't Mist Valley).

Why:

Today's meta focuses on swarming, XYZs, and powerful effects. Likewise, Mist Valley has the same emphasis on swarming and powerful effects; however, instead of XYZs, Mist Valley monsters and their other WIND support monsters/cards are used primarily for Synchro summoning, which doesn't generally bode well. After all, the present meta annihilates most of the old Synchro monsters that Mist Valley cards rely on, and the one useful XYZ for Mist Valley - Chidori - doesn't often make it out. The card I have devised should help Mist Valley swarm more efficiently and monopolize off of their own effects.

The Card:

[spoiler='04 August 2013']

nyYkVEv.jpg

[spoiler='Effect']When a face-up card is removed from the field but is not sent to the Graveyard, add 1 Mist Counter onto this card. You can remove Mist Counters from this card to activate these effects.
● 2 Counters: Add 1 "Mist Valley" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand
● 4 Counters: Return up to 2 cards on your side of the field to your hand; then, return 1 card on your opponent's side of the field to its owner's hand
● 6 Counters: Special Summon 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck or Graveyard

● 10 Counters: Return all cards on the field to their owners' hands.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='06 August 2013']

BgC6oBe.jpg

[spoiler='Effect']When a face-up card is removed from the field but is not sent to the Graveyard, add 1 Mist Counter onto this card. You can remove Mist Counters from this card to activate these effects.
● 2 Counters: Add 1 "Mist Valley" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand
● 4 Counters: Return up to 2 cards on your side of the field to your hand; then, return 1 card on your opponent's side of the field to its owner's hand
● 6 Counters: Special Summon 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck or Graveyard[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I like the concept, but certain sections of the effect seem broken.
6 counters effect:
Summoning from the deck is abusable for xyz/synchro summons. The grave summoning is good enough.

10 counters effect:
Unnecessary. You can take advantage of this and card destruction their hand afterwards, just like the shenanigans with giant trunade.

Thank you BoricuaBeast for the review. I guess I didn't account for how powerful the 10 counter effect was, so I removed that in its entirety. However, I do feel like the 6 counter ability is fine, especially since Mist Valley in general lets you summon from the Deck. So I kept that effect.

CARDS HAVE BEEN EDITED 06 August 2013

- Removed 10 counter effect

Archived