FIRE/DARK Demons Part 1/3

burakyilan1

This is a set of cards I made that focuses on DARK & FIRE attributed monsters with the name "Demon" . Most monsters in the deck are "Lesser Demon"s which can be replaced by the corresponding "Grand Demon" Fusion monster during your Standby-Phase.  Similarly to Neos/Neos Fusions, these "Grand Demons" return to the extra deck at the End-phase.  I'll continue with Dark & Fire Demons until there are 20 monsters that can be put into the deck. They also have a few support cards.  Generally, the monsters don't support each other and aren't meant for swarming.

I may make EARTH, WATER and WIND "Demon" cards later on. Notice: I own none of the images.

Also; please ignore any existing monster with "Demon" in it's name while considering these cards. I sure did xD

createcard_12.jpgcreatecard_6.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Duaberous:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Duaberous" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") This card can attack twice during each battle phase. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Thoughts: Simple & Hard to destroy monsters, Lesser Demon will hardly be able to use it's double attack due to it's low ATK, and Grand Demon will hardly be able to use it's ability to survive battle since it will return back the the deck at the end of your turn. So I believe they will balance out.

createcard_13.jpgcreatecard_15.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Lancer:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Lancer" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. This monster can and must attack all defense position monster(s) your opponent controls. This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Thoughts: These may be a bit overpowered. They are perfect against defensive opponents and stall decks. I thought about changing the 300 into 500 for the "Lesser Demon" and making the "Grand Demon" attack all defense position monster only on the turn it is summoned to balance both a bit. 

createcard_11.jpgcreatecard_5.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Dark Worm:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Dark Worm" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") This card is also treated as DARK attribute while it's on the field or in the graveyard.If your opponent controls a monster with more than 2000 ATK points, this monster can attack directly. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent, it gains 500 ATK points. This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Lore of Lesser Demon Dark Worm:

This card is also treated as DARK attribute while it's on the field or in the graveyard. If your opponent controls a monster with more than 1500 ATK points, this monster can attack directly. If this card deals battle damage to your opponent, it gains 200 ATK points.

Thoughts:  There will be a few support cards(monster and s/t's) which will deal with DARK or FIRE "Demon" monsters so this card can be boosted by both. I believe Lesser Demon is okay but Grand Demon is perhaps too big of a jump. Either way both are useful and can deal a ton of damage really quickly.

createcard_17.jpgcreatecard_9.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Minotaur:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Minotaur" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") If this card destroys a monster by battle, it loses 200 ATK points. This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Thoughts:  These are straightforward beat-down cards. Lesser Demon will be one of the few monsters to stay until your next turn by itself due to it's high ATK. 

createcard_16.jpgcreatecard_7.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Faceless:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Faceless" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") Any monster that battles this this card is removed from play. (Damage calculation is still applied normally) This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Thoughts:  Both are fairly easy to use and effective I think. Grand Demon's ability by-passes effects that prevent destruction so it could probably take any monster with it out of the field. 

createcard_18.jpgcreatecard_4.jpg

Lore of Grand Demon Dark Eye:

During your Standby-Phase, you can send 1 "Lesser Demon - Dark Eye" from your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon this card from your Extra Deck. (Do not use "Polymerization") Once per turn, chose one monster on the field and equip it to this card. (max. 1) This monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of the equipped monster. If this card would be destroyed, destroy the equipped monster instead. This card returns to your Extra Deck at the End-Phase of your turn.

Thoughts:  Grand Demon is similar to "Relinquished" and not very hard to summon since Lesser demon can protect itself if you have a monster on the field.

ON WITH THE SPELLS & TRAPS

createcard_19.jpgcreatecard_10.jpg

Lore of Infernal Demon Fortress:

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a FIRE attributed monster with "Demon" in it's name is destroyed or banished, you can Special Summon 1 "Flame Demon" Token (Pyro-Type/FIRE/ Level 1 /ATK 0/DEF 0) at the End-Phase of the turn. The name of this token is treated as the name of the monster that was destroyed/banished to activate this card. This token is destroyed at your Main Phase.

Thoughts:   The fortress allows you to get a token with the same name as a destroyed FIRE Demon so you can special summon it's Grand form during your standby phase which will really help the deck. Rise can negate but it doesn't destroy so it's not too overpowered, also you have to have 1 FIRE Demon in your hand as well. But then again you can special summon that as well so I'm not sure how reasonable it is.

createcard_14.jpgcreatecard_3.jpg

Lore of Demon Steed Chaos:

This card can only be equipped to a DARK, "Demon" monster. The monster this card is equipped to can attack your opponent directly. At the End-Phase of your opponents turn, return this card to your hand and destroy the monster this card was equipped to. If the monster this card is equipped to gets sent back to the hand, deck or Extra Deck, add this card to your hand.

Thoughts:   Both support DARK Demons. The Equip card can work well with Minotaur for a devastating attack and then return to your hand. Rise of the Dark army isn't particularly useful unless you have the field spell out(down below), but it can work well for a final push since they'd be unaffected by traps.

createcard_1.jpgcreatecard_2.jpg

Thoughts:  Support for all "Demons" these are the backbone of the archtype. The field spell is similar to Neo-Space, allowing the monsters to stay on the field and boosting the ATK of "Lesser Demon" so they can stay until your next Standby-Phase. 3 copies of that card would be necessary. The Portal allows you to refresh your hand by getting some new cards. You can use it in your MP 2 on a Grand Demon that's about to return to the deck to ignore the cost and get a card.

So, what do you think about these cards?

All comments, criticisms, corrections are welcome. I haven't done this a lot so apologies if something is out of place.

Very impressive to say the least. The artwork is a nice bonus, the way they transition like that. Although, I do have a couple things to say about 2 of the cards though:
The Minotaur fusion:
Too strong for LV 6. Would look batter as LV 8 or 10.

The field spell:
It needs a maintenance cost. It's too broken without one. How does an 800 LP per turn cost sound?

Archived