Blue-Eyes Zombie Dragon

dgerr123

Hello... I have made this fusion of 2 old monsters... Please review and stuff!
[spoiler=The Card]
x72iPCk.png

Lore:"Blue-Eyes White Dragon" + "Dragon Zombie"
Increase this cards ATK by 400 for each Zombie-Type monster with dragon in its name in your graveyard. When this card is destroyed by your opponents monster, you can special summon 1 zombie type monster with dragon in its name from your hand.
[/spoiler]

Not really useful at all. I was expecting something akin to Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon. He would basically just be used as a beatstickand there are very few Zombie-type monsters with dragon in their card name. I think it's just Dragon Zombie and red-eyes Zombie dragon. He'll get 3800 ATK on summon, but I'd rather use Black Luster Soldier Envoy for a beatstick since he can also double attack or banish.

The ss from hand is meh, the only targets you would get are the 2 I mentioned earlier. I wouldn't use it in a zombie world or dragon deck.

Not really useful at all. I was expecting something akin to Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon. He would basically just be used as a beatstickand there are very few Zombie-type monsters with dragon in their card name. I think it's just Dragon Zombie and red-eyes Zombie dragon. He'll get 3800 ATK on summon, but I'd rather use Black Luster Soldier Envoy for a beatstick since he can also double attack or banish.

The ss from hand is meh, the only targets you would get are the 2 I mentioned earlier. I wouldn't use it in a zombie world or dragon deck.

There are also vampire dragon and paladin of the cursed dragon! ;)

Why is he a Warrior-Type monster with Green Eyes? None the less, why is he LIGHT?

2i8y654.png

Anyways, to make the Summoning of this easier, you could make the second fusion material non specific, like "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" + 1 "Dragon" Zombie-Type monster, then possibly add some actual rewarding effects to the card that compensate for its Summoning, like being able to banish a x amount of Zombie-Type monsters and or Dragon-Type monsters from your Graveyard to destroy the same amount of cards on the field or a classical Goyo Guardian esque effect.

Those are a few ideas that I can come up with now. Consider them, cause at the moment, your card is too underwhelming to be of any use.

It's a Level 9 LIGHT Warrior-Type monster with Green Eyes...... Perhaps this shouldn't have "Blue-Eyes" in the name.

If it truly is meant to be a Blue-Eyes Zombie Dragon, it should almost certainly be a Level 8 DARK Zombie-Type monster and the artwork should probably have some Blue Eyes. Though you could probably get away with making it a Dragon, which would also make it easier to summon.

The fact that it's a Fusion is also a bit weird, but I'm not gonna criticise that. It's your card and if you want it to be a fusion, it's a fusion.

It'll start with 3800 ATK, which is decent, but not anything incredibly special. It doesn't have any restrictions on Special Summoning, but since it's a warrior at the time of writing this, it won't be summoned from the Graveyard at all.

The fact that you can potentially Special Summon this from the Graveyard using Colossal Fighter is just..... lol.

Anyway, I see 2 problems with the second part of its effect. 1 is the OCG errors, which I'll get to. The other is that I checked and it only has 4 potential targets, only 2 of which are useful to summon. Red-Eyes Zombie and Paladin of the Cursed Dragon. Both of which can be summoned more easily by Pyramid Turtle.

As for the OCG, when it's destroyed by your opponent's monster, if that includes monster effects you should include that in the text.

So it would read something like:

"When this card is destroyed by your opponent's monster (either by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 Zombie-Type "Dragon" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target."

Something else is that where it says "WRE-3423" it should have 4 letters to the left of the dash and "ENXXX" where "XXX" is a number to the right of the dash. So "BEZD-EN001". Small detail but important to a realistic card.

So overall I give this card a 4.5/10.

It loses 1 point each for Attribute, Type and Level, all of which I believe to be wrong. It loses 2 points for the OCG errors and 1/2 a point for the Set Number (The "WRE-3423").

Another thing I just thought of is that the effect is a bit limiting when it comes to monsters. It could be a very useful addition to the Zombie archetype, but limiting it to "Dragon" Zombies makes it a bit useless.

I hope you found this review useful.

Why is it a Warrior-Type? It should be a Dragon that can also be treated as a Zombie, or a Zombie that can also be treated as a Dragon. Warrior is unrelated in playability, flavor, and art.

Speaking of flavor, looking at how it's from the old times, it's beater capabilities should be BAD. If we go by Duelist Kingdom rules, the Blue-Eyes Ultimate was actually weakened when a dead monster (Graveyard Mammoth) was fused with it. So regular Blue-Eyes should decay as well if fused with Dragon Zombie.

So it's effect should not go into making it a bigger beater, it should go into the theme of decaying, pests, sickness, death, self-corroding body because you used 2 uncompatible pieces on it.

I'm not saying "make it useless". It's effect should still take advantage in your favor with that theme.

Now examining the effect "as is" right now, you are using Polymerization and another uncompatible vanilla, in order to get +800 ATK. It also doesn't give you anything when it is destroyed, because the monster comes from the hand (if you even have it). That is if it is even destroyed by another monster rather than by a Spell or Trap. 

I think it's balancing drawbacks went a bit too far. 

Archived