Hellfire Wanghu

Kid Gambino

Hey everyone, decided to post some cards that I make for fun and see what others think about them.

This is definitely not my first try, but certainly my first posted card here on the forum.

Thanks for any and all critique. Enjoy!

fhkaRxc.jpg

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard:

discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard.

If the discarded card was a Monster Card, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points

equal to the Level of the monster x 100 points, then Special Summon this card

from the Graveyard to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position.

1900? I'd put it at four stars. It'd see more use; though if the effect /and/ 1900 atk is too much, lowering it to 1800 wouldn't hurt; it'll still be brought back from battles, after all. I like the burn, but it might be able to be abused somehow. 

The level is fine while it's ATK is 1900. It still needs 1 tribute. And if it were a Lv 4 I think 1700 would be more appropriate as well its reviving itself. If you can Crash a La Jinn every turn then its not as fair as you may think.

I believe that "During the End Phase of a turn that this face-up card was destroyed as a result of battle: you can Special Summon this monster in face-up Attack Position. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the graveyard: inflict 500 damage to each player."

I'm sure someone else has better OCG

The level is fine while it's ATK is 1900. It still needs 1 tribute. And if it were a Lv 4 I think 1700 would be more appropriate as well its reviving itself. If you can Crash a La Jinn every turn then its not as fair as you may think.

I believe that "During the End Phase of a turn that this face-up card was destroyed as a result of battle: you can Special Summon this monster in face-up Attack Position. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the graveyard: inflict 500 damage to each player."

I'm sure someone else has better OCG

The card would be fine if it were a Level 4 monster. At the moment, it requires you to Tribute Summon it, which is asking too much for a card that can only revive itself if it's destroyed by battle. Not to mention that it's effect will not even work if it's attacked while face-down, so trying to defend yourself with this is pretty meaningless. So yeah, this being a Level 5 monster destroys its playability as all you're getting in return of Tribute Summoning it is a Level 5, 1900 ATK monster that can only revive and deal 500 damage to each player if it's destroyed by battle. That, my friend, is not useful at all.

Change it to Level 4, then it will be at least a little bit playable.

The card would be fine if it were a Level 4 monster. At the moment, it requires you to Tribute Summon it, which is asking too much for a card that can only revive itself if it's destroyed by battle. Not to mention that it's effect will not even work if it's attacked while face-down, so trying to defend yourself with this is pretty meaningless. So yeah, this being a Level 5 monster destroys its playability as all you're getting in return of Tribute Summoning it is a Level 5, 1900 ATK monster that can only revive and deal 500 damage to each player if it's destroyed by battle. That, my friend, is not useful at all.

Change it to Level 4, then it will be at least a little bit playable.

You made some valid points, and considering everything you said, I decided to lower his Level down a notch for easier playability, and I also gave him a different effect, something that can still utilize the concept of revival and burn. This way, he'll still be capable of achieving revival from battle, but only under the circumstance that the opponent discards a Monster card, making it less abusive. Retaining the ATK/DEF without the need to tribute, I think this card works a lot better this way. Thanks for the advice!

The card definitely looks better a a Level 4, but still I see at least two ways of getting around the effect: By destroying it with a card effect, or, if possible, getting rid of your hand (by setting all Spell/Traps, for instance) before attacking it. I think its effect should trigger both by destruction by battle or by a card effect for higher chances of succesfully punishing the opponent for destroying your Wanghu.

Archived