"Optical" Archetype: Revealing Hidden Assets

Stan Alda

Now that I've got my computer in relatively good condition, I can finally post an archetype that I've been working on...or at least a beta version of it. The "Optical" archetype is a relatively small group that focuses on revealing your opponent's hidden assets: their Deck, hand, and face-down cards. Granted, you might not be able to anything about them, but it's nice to know what's coming.

Note that this is in a beta phase, so expect incorrect OCG and imbalance. I just want to get this online so I know what I need to change.

Optical Fiber Snake
LIGHT
Level 3
Reptile/Effect
When this monster is removed from the field by battle or a card effect: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck and arrange them in any order.
1500/1200

Optical Charge Iris
LIGHT
Level 4
Plant/Effect/Tuner
During each of your End Phases, this monster gains 800 ATK. If this card attacks, its ATK is reduced to 500, after damage calculation. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can decrease this monster's ATK by 500; see 1 card in your opponent's hand.
500/1500

Optical Corrective Lens
LIGHT
Level 4
Machine/Effect
As long as this card is face-up on the field; when you activate an "Optical" monster's effect, except "Optical Correction System", see 1 additional card.
1300/2000

Optical Flash Bulb
LIGHT
Level 3
Thunder/Effect/Tuner
Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can look at 1 face-down card on your opponent's side of the field; your opponent cannot flip that card for the next 2 turns.

Optical Eagle Eye
LIGHT
Level 6
Winged Beast/Effect
As long as this card is on the field; your opponent must show his/her hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can pay 800 Life Points to select 1 card in your opponent's hand and send it to the Graveyard.
2400/1900

Optical Spy Satellite
LIGHT
Level 8
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-Tuner monsters
This monster cannot be targeted for an attack by a Level 6 or lower monster. When an "Optical" monster is used as Synchro Material for this card: increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 500. As long as this card is on the field; your opponent must play with their hand, the top card of their Deck, and the top card of their Extra Deck revealed.
2600/2300

Optical Omniscience
SPELL
If you control at least 2 "Optical" monsters: Pay 1500 Life Points; flip all cards your opponent controls face-up, without activating their effects. This card remains on the field for 2 of your opponent's turns. As long as this card is on the field, your opponent must play with their hand, the top card of their Deck, and the top card of their Extra Deck revealed.
[spoiler=Fun Alternate Effect]If you control at least 2 "Optical" monsters: Yell "I feel everything! I know everything!"; flip all cards your opponent controls face-up, without activating their effects. This card remains on the field for 2 of your opponent's turns. As long as this card is on the field, your opponent must play with their hand, the top card of their Deck, and the top card of their Extra Deck revealed.[/spoiler]

Archived