Chaos Set

Speedy the First

• 2 weeks later...

Chaotic Rebirith:
The OCG (wording) needs work. Assuming that it targets, the correct text would be something like "Target 1 "Chaos, Chaotic", or "Envoy" card in your graveyard; add it to your hand."

Ok concept, but you need to either A) Not allow adding another copy of "Chaotic Rebirth" to your hand. or B) Only let the player activate 1 Chaotic Rebirth per turn. (only activate 1 per turn sample wording: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Silver%27s_Cry ) or C) Both. If its left as is, you could have an infinite spell activation loop with 2 copies adding eachother.

Putting it all together,

"Target 1 "Chaos, Chaotic", or "Envoy" card in your graveyard except "Chaotic Rebirth"; add it to your hand.You can only activate 1 "Chaotic Rebirth" per turn.

Blackluster Emperor-Lord of Chaos:
OCG is better here, but not perfect.
However, this card is insanely overpowered. My recommendations are to not only make it harder to summon, since banishing 2 specific monsters from your graveyard is almost free. Then change "Must first be special summoned" to "Must be special summoned by [summoning requirement here] and cannot be special summoned by other ways. Since once a monster of this strength is gone, it should stay gone.

Also add some kind of attacking restriction to the banish [remove from play on your wording] all cards your opponent controls effect. This is because as is, your also dealing 4000+ damage from a direct attack afterwards. For example, skipping your Battle Phase that turn would suffice. The ATK gain effect is fine assuming that you make the other changes. However wording wise, if you want to speficy an attribute for an effect, it doesn't go in quotes. As it it seems like it says '"LIGHT" or "DARK" in its name' which I'm sure is not what you meant.

Here is a recommeneded wording with the fixes:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning", and 1 "Chaos Sorcerer", from your hand and cannot be special summoned by other ways. You must skip your draw phase. Cannot be destroyed by spells, traps, or monster effects. When this card is successfully summoned, you can banish "Envoy" or "Chaos" monster from your graveyard; banish all cards your opponent controls. If you acitvate this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase for the rest of this turn. This card gains 100 ATK for each LIGHT or DARK monster in any graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle: special summon 2 Chaos Avenger Tokens, (Warrior-Type/Dark/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000) in Attack Position.

Note that my way is not the only way to balance this card, eg you could have a different summoning requirement as long as its costly enough or hard enough to pull off.

Doom knight:

Balance wise, its fine. The OCG just needs to be a bit clearer since I only have a vauge idea of the specifics.

For example:

When this card atttacks a monster, before damage calculation: inflict damage to your opponent equal to the level of that monster x 200, After damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can banish that monster, also banish this card.

Shlning Warrior:

Its not worth tributing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster for something with its stats and effect. Neo Parshath proves that. Also you have the "percing damage" effect listed twice. My recommendation would be to add some kind of effect that activates when this card inflicts battle damage, and increase the ATK to at least 2600, maybe more depending on what the added effect is.

Chaotic drake is fine.

Chaos King Drake - Envoy of Death:

The concept is fine, but the OCG needs work.

The first sentence is fine. As for the rest: "This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each LIGHT and DARK monster in any graveyard. You can discard 1 LIGHT or DARK monster to target 1 spell/trap card on the field; banish that target."

Soul eater:

I see where you where going with wanting to discard LIGHT and DARK monsters, but If this card going to have a cost to keep it on the field, make it level 4 and give it 2400 or 2500 ATK. Otherwise its too costly and not worth using. Also the wording should speficy when the discard happens. eg "During your Standby Phase, you can discard 1 LIGHT or DARK monster. If you do not, destroy this card."  [if someone has a better wording for this, please share it as I can't think of a modern card with this kind of cost off the top of my head].

Chaotic Rebirith:
The OCG (wording) needs work. Assuming that it targets, the correct text would be something like "Target 1 "Chaos, Chaotic", or "Envoy" card in your graveyard; add it to your hand."

Ok concept, but you need to either A) Not allow adding another copy of "Chaotic Rebirth" to your hand. or B) Only let the player activate 1 Chaotic Rebirth per turn. (only activate 1 per turn sample wording: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Silver%27s_Cry ) or C) Both. If its left as is, you could have an infinite spell activation loop with 2 copies adding eachother.

Putting it all together,

"Target 1 "Chaos, Chaotic", or "Envoy" card in your graveyard except "Chaotic Rebirth"; add it to your hand.You can only activate 1 "Chaotic Rebirth" per turn.

Blackluster Emperor-Lord of Chaos:
OCG is better here, but not perfect.
However, this card is insanely overpowered. My recommendations are to not only make it harder to summon, since banishing 2 specific monsters from your graveyard is almost free. Then change "Must first be special summoned" to "Must be special summoned by [summoning requirement here] and cannot be special summoned by other ways. Since once a monster of this strength is gone, it should stay gone.

Also add some kind of attacking restriction to the banish [remove from play on your wording] all cards your opponent controls effect. This is because as is, your also dealing 4000+ damage from a direct attack afterwards. For example, skipping your Battle Phase that turn would suffice. The ATK gain effect is fine assuming that you make the other changes. However wording wise, if you want to speficy an attribute for an effect, it doesn't go in quotes. As it it seems like it says '"LIGHT" or "DARK" in its name' which I'm sure is not what you meant.

Here is a recommeneded wording with the fixes:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning", and 1 "Chaos Sorcerer", from your hand and cannot be special summoned by other ways. You must skip your draw phase. Cannot be destroyed by spells, traps, or monster effects. When this card is successfully summoned, you can banish "Envoy" or "Chaos" monster from your graveyard; banish all cards your opponent controls. If you acitvate this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase for the rest of this turn. This card gains 100 ATK for each LIGHT or DARK monster in any graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle: special summon 2 Chaos Avenger Tokens, (Warrior-Type/Dark/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000) in Attack Position.

Note that my way is not the only way to balance this card, eg you could have a different summoning requirement as long as its costly enough or hard enough to pull off.

Doom knight:

Balance wise, its fine. The OCG just needs to be a bit clearer since I only have a vauge idea of the specifics.

For example:

When this card atttacks a monster, before damage calculation: inflict damage to your opponent equal to the level of that monster x 200, After damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can banish that monster, also banish this card.

Shlning Warrior:

Its not worth tributing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster for something with its stats and effect. Neo Parshath proves that. Also you have the "percing damage" effect listed twice. My recommendation would be to add some kind of effect that activates when this card inflicts battle damage, and increase the ATK to at least 2600, maybe more depending on what the added effect is.

Chaotic drake is fine.

Chaos King Drake - Envoy of Death:

The concept is fine, but the OCG needs work.

The first sentence is fine. As for the rest: "This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each LIGHT and DARK monster in any graveyard. You can discard 1 LIGHT or DARK monster to target 1 spell/trap card on the field; banish that target."

Soul eater:

I see where you where going with wanting to discard LIGHT and DARK monsters, but If this card going to have a cost to keep it on the field, make it level 4 and give it 2400 or 2500 ATK. Otherwise its too costly and not worth using. Also the wording should speficy when the discard happens. eg "During your Standby Phase, you can discard 1 LIGHT or DARK monster. If you do not, destroy this card."  [if someone has a better wording for this, please share it as I can't think of a modern card with this kind of cost off the top of my head].

Thank you, I will fix this later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that Chaos was an Archtype that needed more cards, so, I made some.

6TZ7Zgh.jpgfLMahAv.jpg

fECdpKY.jpgYZsj5RH.jpg

iHzDodF.jpg6ygOxu9.jpg

3hsNmQn.jpg

Black Luster Emperor-Lord of Chaos

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning", and "Chaos Sorcerer", from your Graveyard. As long this face-up card is on the field, you must skip your draw phase. Cannot be destroyed by spells, traps, or monster effects. When this card is successfully summoned, you can remove from play one monster with "Envoy" or "Chaos" in its name to remove from play all cards your opponent controls. This card gains 100 attack points for every "LIGHT" or "DARK" monster in either player's graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle, special summon 2 Chaos Avenger Tokens, (Warrior-Type/Dark/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000) in Attack Position.

This is a nice set, but I wanted to let you know, there is an actual existing card called Souleater (although yours is much better). Perhaps a slight name change is in order?

Archived