[Leaderboard] Therrion vs. Ambrosia [Deadlined]

Therrion

All Leaderboard Rules apply.

Writtens allowed

Cards are due the day after a challenger is accepted. Voting closes 3 days after the card is due (4 days after opening contest)

8/23~~~8/26

Requirements: Create Insect-Type Support

(Preferbly specific Support, like Reinforcements of the Army to Warrior, not general support, such as King of the Feral Imps to Reptiles).

Card A:

271005.jpg

If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, when this card leaves the field: Banish it. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Insect-type monster from your deck to your hand.

Card B:

op47.jpg

When this card is banished or detached while an Xyz Material: Add 1 Level 4 or lower Insect-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. While this card is banished, when a card is sent from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card. When you do, you can return 1 banished Insect-Type monster to your Graveyard: Double this card's Level, until the End Phase. Each effect of "Stalking Mantis" can only be activated once per turn.

Sure, why not, right? Card due by 11:59PM tomorrow (29 hours from now)

Well, I accepted the challenge during your inactive period, so both cards are up or something.

Also, I have now acquired photographic evidence that if anyone copied anyone with the theme of the card, it was you.

...Okay? Mine was meant to work with Aztek and Doom Dozer, and such was true when I first posted this contest. Plus, our cards are different in many ways, so I don't think there is a problem. True, both add to hand, however, that is the go to for supporting something (such as a Type).

I've never commented on one of these things before, and I hate to be the tiebreaker, but here goes. Both of these are really cool, and even though I'm not a fan of xyz monsters I feel like these are both excellent support for them. I don't usually give walls of text in my reviews, so I'll try and get to the point: I vote for Shimmer Swallowtail. Love the name, love the image, and I feel like its effect is just a little more streamlined and splashable than Stalking Mantis. I really like Stalking Mantis, too, but I feel like Swallowtail has that "Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon beatstick" sort of appeal that I love in 5-star monsters. Even though Stalking Mantis has more effects and its stats are just as solid for its level, it came across to me as one long situational chain to ultimately get an 8-star monster on your field while adding insects and banished cards into the game along the way (which I'll admit is also very cool, and this card still gets a lot of points for that. Very well done). I'm the kind of guy who prefers a card with simple but potent effects that I won't easily forget while I'm dueling (seriously, I forget my own effects so often in duels I'd have to double check Mantis a dozen times every turn just to see if I missed anything). Mantis gets a hell of a lot of props from me for its labyrinth of awesome effects, but I'm still giving Swallowtail the vote for its flavor and its solid effect and stats. I don't know who is responsible for which card, but you both did an excellent job, and I really hope you guys get some more votes or reviews on these.

I've never commented on one of these things before, and I hate to be the tiebreaker, but here goes. Both of these are really cool, and even though I'm not a fan of xyz monsters I feel like these are both excellent support for them. I don't usually give walls of text in my reviews, so I'll try and get to the point: I vote for Shimmer Swallowtail. Love the name, love the image, and I feel like its effect is just a little more streamlined and splashable than Stalking Mantis. I really like Stalking Mantis, too, but I feel like Swallowtail has that "Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon beatstick" sort of appeal that I love in 5-star monsters. Even though Stalking Mantis has more effects and its stats are just as solid for its level, it came across to me as one long situational chain to ultimately get an 8-star monster on your field while adding insects and banished cards into the game along the way (which I'll admit is also very cool, and this card still gets a lot of points for that. Very well done). I'm the kind of guy who prefers a card with simple but potent effects that I won't easily forget while I'm dueling (seriously, I forget my own effects so often in duels I'd have to double check Mantis a dozen times every turn just to see if I missed anything). Mantis gets a hell of a lot of props from me for its labyrinth of awesome effects, but I'm still giving Swallowtail the vote for its flavor and its solid effect and stats. I don't know who is responsible for which card, but you both did an excellent job, and I really hope you guys get some more votes or reviews on these.

That's a 1-0. Thank you so much for voting.

Also, found the rule:

14. If the deadline expires and both people are tied, then the 1v1 must be called a draw.

I. Only exception is if it is 0-0, then the 1v1 has a 24 extension before it is aborted (voided).

(Furthermore, Striker said it was okay.)

Archived