Red Eyes Volcano Dragon

TJDouglas13

[URL=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/TJDouglas13/media/RedEyesVolcanoDragon_zps51b771f0.jpg.html]RedEyesVolcanoDragon_zps51b771f0.jpg[/URL]

Lore:

This monster cannot be Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card is Fusion Summoned, destroy 1 non-FIRE monster on the field and deal damage equal to the monster's original ATK. When this card would be destroyed by a spell or trap, deal damage equal x100 for each monster in your opponent's Graveyard.

Very interesting. I like how you followed the burn concept both materials have (FIRE has a natural tendency to lean into burn damage, and Red Eyes has INferno Fire Blast, one of my favorite cards.) It can hit for a pretty hefty amount, with a moderately high attack, and then it's last effect gives it one more chance to dish out a little more. The only problem is...this wouldn't see much play, because there just isn't enough cohesiveness to run Red Eyes effectively, let alone with a worthwhile level 7 Fire monster. GREAT concept though. Maybe you should consider making more Red Eyes/Fire support? :)

Very interesting. I like how you followed the burn concept both materials have (FIRE has a natural tendency to lean into burn damage, and Red Eyes has INferno Fire Blast, one of my favorite cards.) It can hit for a pretty hefty amount, with a moderately high attack, and then it's last effect gives it one more chance to dish out a little more. The only problem is...this wouldn't see much play, because there just isn't enough cohesiveness to run Red Eyes effectively, let alone with a worthwhile level 7 Fire monster. GREAT concept though. Maybe you should consider making more Red Eyes/Fire support? :)

Thanks! I have a tendency to make really over-powered cards without realizing it until the end, so it makes me very happy to hear a good review every once a while!

Thanks! I have a tendency to make really over-powered cards without realizing it until the end, so it makes me very happy to hear a good review every once a while!

The most this card could really dole it, is 3K with that burn, but more than likely closer to 2K-2500 given Xyz cards general power. Then that final burn will probably hit..I'd say no more than 1500? I haven't seen many decks that really stockpile the grave with monsters like LIghtsworns and stuff did. PLus that ability is situational, which is good because it leaves workarounds for your opponents. And, Red Eyes is one of my favorite cards, I used to have a Burn deck based around him and Inferno Fire Blast, glad to see other people wanna give him some love.

Need to capitalise the 'E' in 'Eyes' in the card name, and a little OCG fix below:

"Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can destroy 1 non-FIRE monster on the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the monster's original ATK. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a Spell or Trap Card, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of monsters in your opponent's Graveyard x 100." 

Otherwise, nice card :)

Included the 'you can' just in case there is no non-FIRE monster on the field. 

Archived