Madolches, and how will they do this TCG format

-Doodle

I wanted to know your opinion on how well do you think they will do this format.

Personally, with the 2 mega-top-decks toned down\dead(?) I think they might be showing presence or maybe even getting to the top places but not by the big numbers. it takes a skilled player to get them somewhere imo.

Also I think that the OTK build is not as good as the stun\control varient because it is very vurlnable to alot of stuff and is not worth it usually.

Anyways, discuss.

They actually got somewhere is the point.

Since when did getting a randy top, especially at the beginning of a format which tends to be a chaotic time for early YCS deck lineups, become "going somewhere"?

They haven't proven shit by topping. Have you ever heard of Good Player, Bad Deck? Like Jeff Jones getting second with Grandsoil Psychics?

Madolche topping doesn't mean anything, and to try and cite such an early YCS, much less a randy top 32 at that early YCS, as a reason Madolche are good is just stupid.

Since when did getting a randy top, especially at the beginning of a format which tends to be a chaotic time for early YCS deck lineups, become "going somewhere"?

They haven't proven shit by topping. Have you ever heard of Good Player, Bad Deck? Like Jeff Jones getting second with Grandsoil Psychics?

Madolche topping doesn't mean anything, and to try and cite such an early YCS, much less a randy top 32 at that early YCS, as a reason Madolche are good is just stupid.

Who the hell is Randy? I don't care about the players.

Edit: Also, I said they got somewhere. I didn't say they were good. If the deck had gotten in the 64 area I wouldn't have said anything.

Deck still doesn't do much of anything until you hit the combo, and if you can't finish them with it, you're probably not going to succeed.

Doesn't mean it's absolute garbage and couldn't potentially make top 32 in events, but right now, nobody cares enough to say anything positive about a deck that waits for a moment to lose its finish to viable backrow.

Deck built to be one-trick pony is bad, especially when you sacrifice a lot of space for inconsistent cards just to increase the chance for the trick by a marginal amount. Madolches are not Evilswarm, a consistent one-trick pony deck, or Dino-Rabbit/Hieratic, both inconsistent ones but their trick is really powerful. Rawk is right, OTK madolches are just going to hope they can go for their combo then pray that it finished their opponent.

I do think Madolches are viable in this format(Not really great, but good), but I don't think builds with gimmicky cards like Spell Striker and pals that's just there for the OTK will have any chance, sans lucky shots here and there. What people overlooked about madolches are its actually amazing resource recursion, thus making the deck able to grind advange then push when their defense is exhausted. Bait traps with main decked madolches, while exhaust their monster with your own backrow.

A deck that wil OTK me 50% of the time(assuming no protection. Well, you must be kinda stupid to not have one, but yeah, the probability to open an OTK with the is around that number) but without another trick will be worse in the long run compared to a deck that actually do something else well.

...Erm.

For the most part, options like Junk Forward/Spell Striker/Instant Fusion targets are fairly good acceleration for the combo. But it's also predictable and raceable, which is why it's very flawed.

The recursion isn't exactly helpful, either, though. While Ticket and Chateau do nice things for the deck, their removal results in an inability to plus or acquire no net change well. Even if you have more options and targets in your deck, it's not the same as tutoring up something that can usually be immediately useful, or directly drawing, when comparing Madolche decks to other decks.

And since MST is pretty damn good against face-ups this format, it bloody hurts.

The problem with those cards are they are kinda dead without the other combo parts, and they ate card slot that you can use for defense, what those build lacks and ultimately becomes their downfall. As for the second argument, do remember that both cards are recycleable and tutorable as a +1, and if they MST those, the other backrow(the ones that stop their plays) will be relatively safer. When you see someone is aggroing you, you'll definitely appreciate the TT/MF/Chains more than Ticket/Chateau. But well, I seems to have somewhat strayed from what I want to convey. What I'm trying to say is one-trick Madolche is bad for numerous reasons, and Madolches can(and should, in my opinion) to be build without focusing on the OTK. *addendum: and yes, I know that last format most madolche builds that topped are the heavy OTK variants. most other variants can't even outgrind the top decks reliably, and the OTK variant can abuse the lack of defense from DRs and that turn before Spellbooks can unload all their spells at your face.

The problem with those cards are they are kinda dead without the other combo parts, and they ate card slot that you can use for defense, what those build lacks and ultimately becomes their downfall. As for the second argument, do remember that both cards are recycleable and tutorable as a +1, and if they MST those, the other backrow(the ones that stop their plays) will be relatively safer. When you see someone is aggroing you, you'll definitely appreciate the TT/MF/Chains more than Ticket/Chateau. But well, I seems to have somewhat strayed from what I want to convey. What I'm trying to say is one-trick Madolche is bad for numerous reasons, and Madolches can(and should, in my opinion) to be build without focusing on the OTK. *addendum: and yes, I know that last format most madolche builds that topped are the heavy OTK variants. most other variants can't even outgrind the top decks reliably, and the OTK variant can abuse the lack of defense from DRs and that turn before Spellbooks can unload all their spells at your face.

what madolche decks topped other that alexander thomas with his anti-meta-ish version? I heard of one guy with the OTK version in south america I think or a small tourny in somewhere but not further than this.

Also, I agree that the OTK version is really not good and the control build is much better. the combo is kinda dull and there are tons of ways to stop it (warning, veiler, bottomless, BoM, TT, Fate, maxx c and the list goes on), so going into it means you should be praying your opponent got nothing he can use now and that is too unreliant and bad..

What I think is that the stun build might have a chance to be something but probably won't as well because they are alittle underrated. on the other hand the OTK build has almost no chance of success in this format after heavy is gone because alot of decks run enough traps and other protection that can stop it.

Archived