Nocturne Academy [OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

Anyone mind if I join too?

[spoiler=App]

VYtPWCx.jpg?1

"Who will the girl named Katie Schulze be? Can I make a name for myself while I'm away from my father's shadow?"

Personal Information

Username: The Hidden Heiress Student
Name: Katie Schulze
Date of Birth: 17th July
School Year: 11th grade

[spoiler=Appearance]
1184162286_InvisableAnimeGirl.jpg
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 131 lbs[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]
To first impressions, Katherine usually to give off a haughty, 'I'm better than you' attitude. On the flipside of that, she can also give off quite a welcoming attitude, mostly reserved for when she's required to play the part of the gracious host for gatherings at the Hirsch family mansion, though both of those are really just masks she can slip on, to play either part. To those that can see past these two roles, she is actually quite lonely, yearning for a friend she can just talk to and be a teenager with, without just being judged for her behaviour the whole time. She attempts to hide this loneliness with the two personality masks she uses, and a cynical and analytical attitude that she's taken up over time. She's also been questioning who she is, after having existed in her father's shadow for so long. The academy for her represents a chance to strike out on her own, without the expectations of those who know of the Hirsch Heiress, and she intends to take that chance by leaving her masks behind for a while, and try on a new one, that of the normal teenage girl, Kate Schulze.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other Info]
Kate Schulze is actually Katherine Hirsch by birth, the only child and heir of the CEO of Hirsch Industries, a multinational mining corporation. She's only taken the last name Schulze, the maiden name of her father's mother, her grandmother, to try and keep her identity hidden at the academy and allow her to strike out on her own.
I can't actually do the colour punctuation mark, the colour tab in the section just refuses come open and trying to apply a colour by code doesn't seem to work for me, but I have read the Nocturne Academy - *Must Read* section.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually kinda like it, the fact that it is quite simple, allows for a lot more imaginative use for describing surroundings and shizzle. Is it going to be updated or anything in the future?

I rather doubt anything would happen that would do so much as to damage the map, but if anything of that nature does happen, I will update it.

[spoiler='Anyway, if anyone needs any sort of visual aid, the front of the school would be something like this:']margam_castle_-_geograph-org-uk_-_130854[/spoiler]

I rather doubt anything would happen that would do so much as to damage the map, but if anything of that nature does happen, I will update it.

[spoiler='Anyway, if anyone needs any sort of visual aid, the front of the school would be something like this:']margam_castle_-_geograph-org-uk_-_130854[/spoiler]

Oh I was on about the things like archery range and the courts etc. :P And thanks for the reference.

If you insist on giving a specific placement for those, do so in your IC post and I will update the map, I suppose.

Of course. I was going to ask whether or not you'd like me to add them in myself quick and send you the file/link to the img to save you the burden. But then I realised I'm probably becoming one myself at this rate :P

Might be a dumb question, but do we need to have the parents there? I have no problem making up the Miller parents^^ 

This is the time for you to settle in and for last goodbyes. Any parents/guardians will be leaving at the end of the day.

Alright, I'm sure if Aix will accept this, but since I've already gotten 1 app accepted and I made a reserve for this might as well

[spoiler='Dylan Blondel']

1bULn3d.jpg

"Hey! Don’t looked so shocked to see me."

Personal Information

Username: I made another Student
Name: Dylan Blondel
Date of Birth: November 23rd
School Year: Grade 11

[spoiler='Appearance']WsJGzom.jpgDylan stands at 5’8” and weighs in at 145, average for a boy his age. During class he will keep the headphones around his neck (they’re not broken), and can be found constantly on his laptop playing games (often ones Blair is making him ‘beta-test’) and the such.[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Personality'] Unlike many boys his age Dylan is not excitable or energetic, but his not carefree or laid back either. He can best be described as placid and content, but he can be passionate about something should it interest him. Quite cheery, and has a positive glass-half-full outlook on life.  Dylan will help anyone in need, though always tends to be cautious of people, unless he trusts them. Despite being very smart and coming from an extremely rich family Dylan is down at Earth and doesn’t view anybody below him believing that all people have goodness within them. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Other Info']

While he will admit that he was a bit shocked when he learned Blair’s gender, he doesn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable about it, and views it as just the way Blair is.

Despite technically having a boyfriend Dylan is actually straight.

Dylan, thanks to his travels around the world, can speak several languages including his native French, English, Italian, Greek, Mandarin, and Japanese.

After being jumped Dylan began taking martial arts, and is now quite a proficient fighter, despite holding up an ideal of passivism, and hates when he has to resort to violence.[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Anyway in the meantime I'll make Blair's intro post

Before I answer that, I have come to a dilemma. I originally went by 700 people in total in the school cuz Hogwarts had apparently 1000, but I did some calculations and I realize that the dorms and the great hall would have to be quite massive, or otherwise there would be quite a few people in a dorm (that is the case in Harry Potter) and the dorm is still quite big.

Now let's discuss this, how would multiple people in a dorm sound? How many people?

How many people in the school?

Alright, I'm sure if Aix will accept this, but since I've already gotten 1 app accepted and I made a reserve for this might as well

[spoiler='Dylan Blondel']

1bULn3d.jpg

"Hey! Don’t looked so shocked to see me."

Personal Information

Username: I made another Student
Name: Dylan Blondel
Date of Birth: November 23rd
School Year: Grade 11

[spoiler='Appearance']WsJGzom.jpgDylan stands at 5’8” and weighs in at 145, average for a boy his age. During class he will keep the headphones around his neck (they’re not broken), and can be found constantly on his laptop playing games (often ones Blair is making him ‘beta-test’) and the such.[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Personality'] Unlike many boys his age Dylan is not excitable or energetic, but his not carefree or laid back either. He can best be described as placid and content, but he can be passionate about something should it interest him. Quite cheery, and has a positive glass-half-full outlook on life.  Dylan will help anyone in need, though always tends to be cautious of people, unless he trusts them. Despite being very smart and coming from an extremely rich family Dylan is down at Earth and doesn’t view anybody below him believing that all people have goodness within them. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Other Info']

While he will admit that he was a bit shocked when he learned Blair’s gender, he doesn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable about it, and views it as just the way Blair is.

Despite technically having a boyfriend Dylan is actually straight.

Dylan, thanks to his travels around the world, can speak several languages including his native French, English, Italian, Greek, Mandarin, and Japanese.

After being jumped Dylan began taking martial arts, and is now quite a proficient fighter, despite holding up an ideal of passivism, and hates when he has to resort to violence.[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Anyway in the meantime I'll make Blair's intro post

Accepted.

Multiple people in a dorm sounds fine to me. Though I'm assuming that most roommates will end up being NPCs? Since we only have a small number of RP'ers...

10 people is quite sufficient, we have 4 girls and 6 guys. If we had 6 people to a room or something, the girls only need to have 2 more. Or if we had 4 people to a room, the guys only need to invent 2 more.

I'll cut down the number of students then. 400 students in total. It just didn't sit with me the size of the dorm.

I shall randomize.

BTW, odds are on one side of the hall whereas evens are across the hall. I shall actually leave any description of the dorms up to you guys, however, we must remain consistent so be sure to read anything anyone else says. The boys and girls dorms are also identical. Bathrooms and showers are outside of the rooms.

Girls Room 309 - Blair Thornblake & Felicia Galesworn
Girls Room 311 - Valencia Knight & Katie Schulze

Boys Room 307 - Flynn Miller & Dylan Blondel
Boys Room 308 - Zeru Odol & Mathew Miller
Boys Room 310 - Te'hk Dov-Teak & Nathaniel Harker

Archived