Ritual support Cards, (the monsters will be added soon)

vla1ne

Rituals are possibly the most  underused cards in the entire game (as long as you ignore the abusive gishiki loops) and that's because they don't have enough cards that Incite creativity (the non-degenerate loop kind of creativity) so I decided to try making A few support cards I think would help them gain traction in the game.

E25w3iu.jpg

[spoiler='Soul Ceremony']During each players End Phase, If the turn player controls any Ritual Monsters; That player Draws 1 card. If this Face-up card would be destroyed, you can Destroy 1 Ritual monster You control Instead. Each time a Ritual monster is destroyed a card effect, except this one; That monsters owner can add 1 Ritual monster with a lower level than the destroyed monster from their Deck to their Hand.[/spoiler]

aMarQOK.jpg

[spoiler='Ceremonial Mastery']Pay 1000 Life Points: Banish 1 Ritual Spell card in your Deck or Graveyard. This cards name and effect(s) become the same as the Card you banished. You can only activate 1 "Ceremonial Mastery" per turn. Ritual Monsters Summoned by this Card's effect cannot be destroyed by your Opponents card effects until your next Standby Phase.[/spoiler]

uFlC9ey.jpg

[spoiler='Ceremonial Practitioner']Pay 500 Life Points: Send 1 Ritual Spell card from your Deck to the Graveyard: This cards Name and Effect(s) become the Name and Effect(s) of the Ritual Spell card you sent to the Graveyard. You can only activate the effect of "Ceremonial Practitioner" once per turn.[/spoiler]

TDIKUwj.jpg

[spoiler='Trial of Grace']Each time you Ritual Summon a Ritual monster; You can Add 1 Ritual Monster, or Ritual Spell card from your Deck to your Hand. During any turn you use this effect, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase. You can only control 1 face-up "Trial of Grace". You can Banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Ritual monster you control; until your opponent's next end phase; It cannot be destroyed by Battle.[/spoiler]

Fhpwl4r.jpg

[spoiler='Trial of Determination']Each time a Ritual Monster(s) is destroyed (Except during the Battle Phase), Add 1 Ritual Monster, or Ritual Spell card from your Deck to your Hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Trial Of Determination". You can Banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Ritual monster you control; Until your opponent's next End Phase, It cannot be destroyed by Card Effects.[/spoiler]

gpk2Q1d.jpg

[spoiler='Eulogy of the Lost']During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated; Destroy cards your opponent controls, up to the number of Ritual Monsters destroyed by your opponent (By battle and by card effect) this turn.[/spoiler]

LyA1aXU.jpg

[spoiler='Eulogy of the Forgotten']Discard 2 cards: Target 3 Ritual Spell or Monster cards that are either Banished or in your Graveyard: Add 1 of them to your Hand, Then add the other 2 to your Deck. During your End Phase, if this card is In your Graveyard: you can banish this card to add 1 Ritual Spell card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

These are the first 7 in the set, I'll add a few of the others in an hour or so. (unless I forget)

Also, before the Gishiki cards are used as an argument against or for these cards, I hold a personal belief that certain Gishiki cards *cough*Aquamirror*cough* never should have existed because of bad design that allows for horrible loops of brokenness.

Thanks. I was trying to think of ways to increase the consistency of ritual decks and still not have them be broken as all hell. I think I got it down right, but the problem was giving them decent ways to plus without having the cards be busted. I'm still not sure about the OCG on the practitioner cards. but other than that, I'm fairly sure I balanced most of them Pretty well.

I'm editing in the monsters later today, But I don't think I did that good of a job in comparison.

EDIT: These are the support monsters I added. I was trying to balance out the fiend djinns that benefit after use with fairy djinns that Help with setting up the plays.

iDcUA0P.jpg

[spoiler='Primal Djinn, Body of Rituals']When you Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. When this card is Normal Summoned, You can Target up to 2 of your banished Djinn monster cards and return them to your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Primal Djinn, Body of Rituals" Once per turn.[/spoiler]

61xuGps.jpg

[spoiler='Primal Djinn, Soul of Rituals']When you Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. If You use this card for a Synchro Summon, and all the other materials are Ritual Monsters; You can treat this card as a level 1 or level 3 monster[/spoiler]

l3YuXPD.jpg

[spoiler='Primal Djinn, Mind of Rituals']When you Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. When this card is Normal Summoned or Flipped Face-up, Add 1 Ritual Monster or Ritual Spell card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If The card you add is a Ritual Spell card, You cannot activate it this turn.[/spoiler]

I wasn't aiming for meta, but if they work that well I don't mind at all as long as they aren't considered broken. I wanted to give ritual decks (that aren't gishikis) viable searchers and a tuner that fit into a theme and I think I did well enough on that area. Djinns are already the best consistency support that rituals have besides Manju of 10,000 hands, and I think if these kinds of monsters got introduced, rituals would actually be a consistent, reliable deck.

This is also the one set of cards I've made that I actually want to playtest to see how they interact with the current cards in the game. And I know I could have said banished, but I was pretty much copy-pasting the text from the actual ritual Djinn cards for that effect.

Archived