Monster Mash Contest (Finished)

wightpower

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dartz10: You're in, and your randomly assigned types are... Reptile and Warrior. Good luck!

darthakin: Cards are looking good so far. I think you're the only one with Xyz Fusion or Synchro so far, so kudos for the variety.

Time 23: Love em. Cards are looking great, and you've combined your types very well.

I love how this is shaping up so far.

[quote] Screenshot_18.png

MuJXPYr.jpg

This monster's Type is also treated as "Winged-Beast". 
Once per turn, you can change this card's Type to "Spellcaster" and "Fairy" (This card will no longer be treated as a "spellcaster" or "Winged-Beast".) Or the other way around. 
Once per turn, you can destroy up to two cards you control, to destroy an equal amount of cards your opponent controls. 

A fair attempt I'd say.
It's loosely a spellcaster/Fairy that can change forms into a "winged-beast/Thunder" type.

I could probably handle 5 types as well, given the fact They fit a bit together. 

image.jpg

Any number of level 4 'Spellcasters' 'Fairies' or 'Winged-Beast- Monsters.
This card gains 300 Attack points for each Overlay Unit this card has. This card cannot be destroyed except by a card effect, as long as it has overlay units. Once per turn you can detach one Overlay Unit to special summon one 'Thunder' Type monster from the graveyard. That monster is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' and 'Winged-Beast' Type. If there is a Face-up 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' 'Winged-Beast' or 'Thunder' Type on the field (except for this card), this card's overlay Units cannot be detached except by this card's effect.

image1.jpg

Azakura, The Immortal Spark + Lazarestia, The Shapeshifter of Doom.
This card is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Winged-Beast' 'Thunder' and 'Fairy' Type.
Once per turn you can send one monster from your hand to the graveyard, to special summon one monster with the same type as this card. 
If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy one of the special summoned monsters instead.

Reptile warrior? That's easy :o

image2.jpg

Lore (much needed)" Any number of level 4 monsters. 

You can XYZ summon this monster using monsters from both your hand and field.
This card gains effect according to the ammount of monsters used to summon it.
1 or more Spellcasters: This card cannot be destroyed by spell cards.
1 or more Thunder Type monsters: This card cannot be destroyed by Battle. 
1 or more Winged-Beasts: This card cannot be targeted by cards with "Hole" in their name.
1 or more Fairies: This card cannot be destroyed by trap cards.
IF this card was XYZ summoned using a "Spellcaster", "Fairy", "Thunder" and "Winged-beast" as XYZ material, you must choose one of the above effects, and negate it. 
This card's attack points is equal to the total attack points of its overlay units.
During your standby phase, detach one overlay unit. 
With that, I think I shall count my entry as completed. 

Here we are!

280910.jpg

You can discard 2 Thunder-type and/or 2 Dinosaur-type monsters; Special Summon this card (From your hand). Each of these effects can be activate once per turn: ● Banish 3 Thunder-type monsters from your Graveyard to target up to 2 face-up cards your opponent controls; Negate those cards' effect(s), until your opponent's next End Phase. ● Banish 3 Dinosaur-type monsters from your Graveyard; This card gains 1000 ATK, until the End Phase. ● Banish 3 Dinosaur-type monsters and 3 Thunder-type monsters from your Graveyard; Target up to 2 cards your opponent controls and 2 cards in their hand: Negate those targets' effect, and if you do, destroy them.

dartz10: You're in, and your randomly assigned types are... Reptile and Warrior. Good luck!

darthakin: Cards are looking good so far. I think you're the only one with Xyz Fusion or Synchro so far, so kudos for the variety.

Time 23: Love em. Cards are looking great, and you've combined your types very well.

I love how this is shaping up so far.

thank you :3

Alright, so now that it's the 15th, I am no longer accepting entrants for the contest. I'll list the current entrants and the types I've assigned to them here, just in case anyone's curious:

• TehTeaKing (Pyro and Aqua)

Hippos (Rock and Beast Warrior)

AixDivadis (Machine and Zombie)

Darthakin (Winged-Beast and Spellcaster)

Hadix (Dinosaur and Psychic)

ThorgrimZz (Zombie and Insect)

Nejec Pevec (Dragon and Reptile)

Joshyago17 (Plant and Sea Serpent)

Scrooge (Plant and Beast)

Time 23 (Fish and Fiend)

HijackAttack (Thunder and Dinosaur)

Faytl (Fairy and Dinosaur)

dartz10 (Reptile and Warrior)

I'll probably be a lenient chump and allow further entrants until 11:59 today, but I doubt anyone else will want to join, so it's a moot point. While I like all of your cards so far, there is always room for improvement, and I eagerly await the few of you who haven't submitted anything to me yet. You all have until October 1st to finish your cards, and then the judging will commence. Good luck!

I'm very forgiving of the images, so as long as I see some effort on your parts, you'll suffer no real penalties. I care more about the flavor of how you combine your two types in a fun and useful way.

Darthakin: I went back on my decision a few posts ago, so your official types are still Winged-Beast and Spellcaster, as originally assigned, but you are free to make any other types of cards that you want to make. You can make support for anything else on the side, but at the most basic, you must support Spellcaster and Winged-Beast. Feel free to make Thunder and Fairy as well as anything else that floats your boat, but that's up to you.

I'm very forgiving of the images, so as long as I see some effort on your parts, you'll suffer no real penalties. I care more about the flavor of how you combine your two types in a fun and useful way.

Darthakin: I went back on my decision a few posts ago, so your official types are still Winged-Beast and Spellcaster, as originally assigned, but you are free to make any other types of cards that you want to make. You can make support for anything else on the side, but at the most basic, you must support Spellcaster and Winged-Beast. Feel free to make Thunder and Fairy as well as anything else that floats your boat, but that's up to you.

Well, I made my cards. 

ThorgrimZz: Took a quick look at them. Make sure you do something for Nightspinner Mantis to make up for the fact that you haven't made any 4-star Nightspinners for him to use (Drone and Ant Squadron don't seem to have any way to modify their level to summon it on their own). As for Ramer the Venom, you should probably change the name of his counters slightly, because "Venom Counters" are already a thing, and I won't be able to get that out of my head. Perhaps "Hornet Counters" or "Nightspinner Counters". Something like that.

In any case, keep up the good work.

Archived