[hr]

~ Hosted by AixDivadis ~

[hr]

Nw_Nocturne_Academy_zps848eee2f.png

Logo by Night

[hr]

~ OoC ~

[hr]
"This is your last ditch effort to dissuade the clans from joining my assault on humanity." It was a statement, not a question. The venerable vampire lord shifted into a more comfortable position, if it was even possible, in his garish principal's armchair to direct his gaze at the shadowy figure that had arrived soundlessly at his doorway.

Perhaps a small shiver went down the visitor's spine as she was reminded of Dracula's unparalleled prowess and stature as one of the oldest vampires currently in existence. It had been decades since she approached the vampire lord alone and even after all this time, after all the experience she had gained, he detected her entry immediately. Nevertheless, she gathered herself to speak up. She was, after all, one of the thirteen clan heads like Dracula himself. "Many of the clans are already unsure of the wisdom of your choice. Humanity has grown, in fact, stronger than ever. This is evident in all their displays of technology in this modern age."

"Your beloved humans... tsk..." Lord Dracula fingered his wineglass, filled to the brim with blood. "Ah, and here they arrive now," he said as he glanced outside his window to the cars pulling into the parking lot before the school. "Quite timely, they are. I suppose I should be down to meet them. We can resume our chat later."

[hr]
[spoiler="Opening Theme"]

Magenta by devilishP and nano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoC_qvx7Cs

[/spoiler]
[hr]

~ Episode 1: Opening Day ~

A rather tall and slender young woman of evident fine upbringing drifted along the spacious grounds in front of the school, amidst the many other students and their parents or guardians ambling in to gaze upon the breathtaking sight that was Nocturne Academy. A beautiful Gothic mansion situated on a vast green plain with marvellous snowcapped mountains looming in the background. The day's beautiful weather made the scene all the more wondrous and Valencia, who truly appreciated the beauty of the world, could not help be drawn in.

"I suppose this is a certain paradise for you," said Samuel as he caught up behind her with her suitcase. The elderly butler smiled, his snow-white mustache curling up with his lips, as he witnessed his mistress's fascination. "I must say, I am a bit envious myself that you would spend your days in such a splendid corner of the world. It would, perhaps, ease the troubles that seem to always sit upon your shoulders."

Valencia dipped her head in agreement, she would not tire of this spectacular backdrop. "It would. However, I will miss you, my faithful servant."

"I am graced by such words, my lady," responded the butler with a light bow. "I, too, regret that I will not be able to serve you during this time."

The girl's azure-eyed gaze was then redirected to the crowd that had gathered at the doors into the school. There stood a tall, elegant man with gleaming black hair gelled back and an expensive black suit giving a small introductory speech to the small congregation before him. Her brow crinkled slightly as she gazed upon his slightly wolfish features and fiendishly sweet smile. There was a particular oppressive aura about him that sucked people in and Valencia had no wish to approach him herself.

"I suggest that we settle you in now, my lady, and then we may commence a tour of the school grounds," Samuel spoke again. The girls' dorm was to their left and was identical to the boys'. Both were large, three-story rectangular Gothic buildings, plain in design comparison with the main building, but nice to look at nonetheless. Inside would be a small, but well furnished entrance lobby with an elevator to the other floors as well as stairs at the side.

"That is a sound idea," replied Valencia impassively. She had another glance around at the people around her before stepping forwards in the direction of the girls' dorm with her butler tailing behind.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the Miller family pulled into the parking lot, they were immediately greeted by the spectacular campus that was Nocturne Academy. The ride through mountains was a long, and filled with the family’s usual noises; the occasional primal grunt from Mathew, and near hundreds of Mrs. Miller’s tales of how her two boys have grown to be such wonderful young men. Mr. Miller had remained silent throughout the entirety of the drive, occasionally dropping a “It’s been so long.” Or an “Yea, the grow up so fast.” To give his wife the illusion that he was paying attention to something other than the road.   

Mrs. Miller was the first to exit the vehicle, her soft brown hair flowing slightly in the breeze. She was had the appearance of an average woman, with her only truly miraculous feature being her bright green eyes that seemed be intensified by her glasses. This along with her rounded face and naturally warm demeanor, made it obvious that she was who Flynn took after.  “Wow, it’s even more beautiful than I had imagined, right boys?”

“mhm” Mathew was the next to make his exit, the boy walked in a slow and deliberate pace, as if not to bump into anything. He had two large bags draped over his shoulders, and his attention glued to the screen of his portable gaming device. “Mathew, can you give it a rest for a just a moment?” Mathew cringed slightly at the obvious irritation in his mother’s voice, but his fingers continued to move rapidly from button to button. After a few moments of silence, he finally replied. “One sec, I've been working on this hunt for almost an hour…”

“Mark, please talk to your son…” Mrs. Miller turned to her husband, and spoke in a pleading tone. The man known as Mr. Miller, stood only a few feet away from the rest of the family; his nose buried in is phone in a stance that almost exactly mirrored Mathew’s. “Mathew, listen to your mother.” The man had bright blonde hair, that seemed to be always neatly gelled backwards, and his tone was that of a bored actor reading a line off a script. After taking only a single glance at the two, there was no doubt who Mathew took after.

Mathew let out an annoyed grunt, as he swiftly paused his game; finally glancing up at the building he would be spending the next year of his life in. “huh?” The boy's tone held legit shock; he had found very little about the school on the web, and had originally chosen to hold very low expectations for the campus. Needless to say, he was impressed by the sheer size of the campus. “Would you look at that, kinda reminds me of that old Castlevania game we used to be into, right bro?

Stepping out of a pure white car a young blonde girl smiled at her new school, hoping to make a fresh start, though behind herself smile also lay anxiety and fear at what might happen should someone discover what she really was... a boy. 

The disguised student walked to the back of the car to retrieve his bags, but his father already there.

"Honey why don't you get acquainted with some of your new classmates, make sure everything is in order before we leave. Let your father handle this," the man winked grinning, which only caused the boy to roll his eyes and chuckle. Making a swift heal turn the boy, Blair, returned to the front seat of the car retrieved his over-the-shoulder bag and the envelope containing all his information. 

Walking off with in Blair decided he might talk the time to find his dorm, and get to know the campus a bit, not feeling up to trying to interact with some of his classmates yet. Looking up Blair noticed something odd about the building he was heading towards, before a tight squeeze held onto his stomach.

"No..." a small tear ran down the boy's face, already things had started off awful. Instead of being placed in the girl's dorm, Blair had been placed in the boy's dorm. How this had happened he didn't have clue as he'd seen his fill-out the application form as female. Panickedly looking around Blair searched for a teacher... any teacher who could help him. Seeing his father approach Blair approached swiftly, the man puzzled by his son's odd reaction. "Daddy, we have a problem, I've been assigned to the boy's dorm."

"Oh, jeez," Mr. Thornblake sighed, "honey it must have been an innocent mistake in the application process, something or the other must have gotten mixed up, don't worry we'll fix it." Scanning quickly around Mr. Thornblake's eyes quickly rested on the man at the front of the school, "see, he looks like he's one of the staff, maybe we can ask him to help."

Once the man's speech had finished, and the crowd dispersed a bit both Blair and his father approached the man. "Umm... sir I'm afraid there's been a little mix up with my daughter's application you see-"

"I-I-I'm as-s-s-assigned to the boys dorm," Blair stuttered getting closer to a nervous break down with each second, "a-and as y-y-yo-y-you can s-see I'm a girl." Blair laughed nervously lifting his skirt slightly. 

“Wow, it’s even more beautiful than I had imagined, right boys?” the voice of Mrs. Miller sounded, seemingly in excitement, as Flynn let out a soft grunt in his sleep. He awoke to a flood of light which encased the family car. Flynn rubbed his eyes slowly and let out a stifling yawn before coming to his senses. Squinting from the harsh sunlight, Flynn slowly crawled out of the back seat to join his brother outside.

Flynn slowly glanced around at his surroundings, before his eyes fell on the ancient-looking stone building in front of them, which he would soon refer to as "school". Flynn felt his eyes widen slightly as he stared at the colossal castle-like structure before him. The surprise - or perhaps it was shock - was clearly evident on his face.

Flynn turned to Mathew. "A little correction, Matt - that old Castlevania game that you used to be into. I only went along with it because you threatened to destroy my tennis rackets if I didn't," he laughed softly. Flynn reached back into the trunk of the car, draping two bags across his shoulders - a bulky, turquoise-colored racket bag onto his left, and a small, navy-colored backpack onto his right. He flipped through a couple more bags spread out inside the trunk, only to notice that one of his bags wasn't there. Almost immediately, a worried, concerned look made its way across his face. "Mom!" Flynn called with a worried tone as he quickly approached Mrs. Miller. "I-I...forgot my novel collection at home..." he lamented quietly, whispering into his mother's ear. 

Mrs. Miller, however, shrugged off Flynn's concern immediately. "Oh Flynny, I don't think that's going to be a problem. You seem to be forgetting that this is a high-class boarding school. Plus, look at the size of the campus! A school like this is bound to have an amazing library for you to spend time in and check out whatever you need," she responded, trying to be reassuring as she watched Flynn's face soften.

"I hope you're right, mom," Flynn replied before reaching back into the trunk. He removed two more bags, then walked back over to Mathew. "Hey Matt, we should probably start checking in and unpacking," he stated as he saw the line of students protruding from the main entrance of the school. Flynn lifted all his bags and slowly began trotting over to join the students in line.

"For the last time, I don't wanna talk about it any more!" Felicia Galesworn yelled at her grandfather in frustration, "And besides, we can't anyway; we're here,"

And so the two arrived at Nocturne Academy. Felicia was glad to have made it; not because she liked the place in any way, but because it meant she can finally drop the dreaded conversation that her grandfather insisted they talk about on the way there. After the tour of the campus though, Merrick Galesworn was not impressed at all. He was the most of all unimpressed with the Great Hall, which seemed to have a waft of garlic at the time.

"I still can't believe your parents expect you to mingle with these cursed humans," Merrick stated in disgust, "I'll have to talk to that son of mine especially."

"Good idea Gramps; go back and talk to Dad," Felicia replied in a sarcastic tone, "Maybe this time he won't be so stubborn as he always is."

Merrick gave a cold, blank stare in response to that reply. Although truth be told, he should've expected no more or less from his granddaughter.

"You should go back to your dorm and get some rest," he advised, "It's still too early in the morning,"

"I most certainly am...!" Felicia was about to say as she turned round, only to see that Merrick was already leaving, "God... fucking damn it! Out of all the things he could've been too senile to remember, he just has to still know how to embarrass me! His own granddaughter!"

With that, she angrily kicked a nearby trash can. Thankfully, she didn't have the energy to kick it over and spill its contents, but it came close to toppling over several times.

Far from the distance of the campus styled by the medieval apparent architecture known as Nocturne Academy, a loud roar could be heard, which grew closer at a very fast rate. The driver, Zeru had his windows rolled down and allowed the wind to take refuge inside, and let the music he was playing scream from his speakers, the volume of the music was astonishing that he could still hear the music, let alone not be in pain from the volume. He was blaring out one of his favorite bands, Wintersun. To add to his flustered excitement on the road, he was going over 320 km since he left Germany, and only just started to slow down when his GPS told him he was starting to arrive to the Academy. Within less than a kilometer away, he slowed his speed down quite considerably, but maintained at least a 120 km speed when reaching towards the school.

Reaching the outer gates of the academy, Zeru lowered the volume of Wintersun just a bit - yet the loudness still seemed to remain - and made his way to the inner gate. No doubt going over 100 km in a school full of other students and blaring out some of the best metal artists out there at such a high volume, there was no doubt he was going to attract attention, both good and bad; it wouldn't help him that some people would seem jealous of his car. The sides of the car displayed CCX, the model of the Swedish car company Koenigsegg, with their emblem on the front hood of the car. He made his way to a more clear area of the parking lot, and parked his car closest to the exit while facing it. He lowered the volume drastically, to where the normal person can stand it. He rolled the windows up, and opened the doors that slid forward instead of outward, and stepped out of the car.

He was wearing a pair of black sunglasses, a Wintersun T-Shirt (of their first album), and black cargo pants with mid-shin high combat boots. He stretched for a good few seconds, and checked that he had everything on him: phone, keys, iPod, wallet, and other small things he needed. He closed the door, and went to the front of the car and popped the hood, which was the trunk holding two medium sized bags, two small bags, and a sturdy long box (containing an amp head). He took everything out, walked over to the passenger side of the car, set everything down carefully, and closed the trunk. He opened the passenger car door, and took out an encased guitar case that was leaning up against a really large box (amp cabinet), and replaced it with the box from the trunk, closed the door, and locked the car twice and set the alarm. When all was said and done, he had his large bag and two small bags carried by one hand, his other big bag carried on his back by a thankfully sturdy strap, and the encased guitar in his free right hand. Without any further need, he made his way towards the boy's dorms.

Stepping out of the BMW they had arrived in, the silver-blonde haired teen looked around at the place she would be staying for the next few months. Behind her, a middle aged lady with similar hair and an older lady with grey hair also emerged from the car. From the drivers seat, a brown haired man in a suit emerged and, moving around to the trunk of the car, grabbed out a pair of suitcases and hauled them along with him as the group walked across to the female dorms. After finding the specified room, and seeing that her roommate, if she would get one, wasn't there yet, the teen left her room to walk back with her mother and grandmother to their car, the butler following along slightly behind them as they did and, after a quick hug to each of the three adults, left them to drive away.

Taking a longer look at the area, Katie noticed a girl who's grandfather had just left and who was obviously frustrated about something, otherwise she wouldn't be kicking a bin. Not having heard what was actually said though, she didn't know what the girl was frustrated about. Walking up to the other girl, she asked, "What's gotten you so infuriated? Well, at least you're smart enough to take your anger out on the bin and not an innocent bystander."

As Te'hk Dov-Teak reached the summit of quite a fairly large hill, he started to search through the trees. Yes, he'd been going the right way, he checked his GPS just to make certain. But indeed he could see for himself, an outstanding array of buildings before him, he was nearing the school. Te'hk carried on his advance, proceeding to the grounds, the last few kilometres, and he'd be there. But as eager he was about the days ahead, and the amazing architecture, he really couldn't care less at this point, and he was only really interested in finding the Boy's Dorm, and having a shower.

"Hmm.." Te'hk had spoken out loud again, well, it was only a thoughtfull mumble, as he was nearing what seemed to be an athletics area. "Damnit." He seemed to have entered the grounds from the wrong direction, indeed. He'd somehow managed to make his way to the East of the school. To his right, a fair few hundred metres away, seemed to be the girl's dorm, and so he took his approach to the main building from the South. As he strolled through the athletics area, he also passed many courts, mostly tennis, and in the far distance - a football field. Hell, he even saw an archery range, and someone had left a bow leant against the target, a couple of arrows in the bullseye.

His backpack was finally starting to strain him as he was nearing the boy's dorm, but he was so close. He made it to inside the dorm, and it appeared to be well furbished. The sofas were very comfortable from what he could tell, as he let his backpack slide off his back and onto the floor, and he slumped onto what seemed to him a soft, dreamy comfort. His eyelids took over, blinding him from the light, sending him to sleep, he just couldn't be bothered to make it up the stairs, or even the elevator for that matter.

The principal of Nocturne Academy turned to the girl and her father that approached him. Girl? Outwardly, she was definitely a girl, but the vampire felt something was definitely off about her. It was nothing supernatural in nature else he would know it immediately, thus he brushed it off and gave an apologetic smile to the two. "Ah, I apologize for any mishaps with the administration. Hm..." He closed his eyes in concentration as he established the mental link with his administrative staff. "I believe there to be a free spot in room 309 of the girls' dorm. You are fortunate, the girl who was phoned in for a last minute change of heart. Feel free to make your way to the girls' dorm over there and make yourself at home." He extended a white-gloved hand to direct the pair in the right direction.

Then, he called out to the crowd. "Would everyone please make your way to your respective dorms. The girls' dorm is to your left while the boys' dorm is on your right. The dorm supervisors should be there to direct you to your accommodations. A call will be made for lunch time which will take place in the courtyard behind the school building."

A thin, black-haired man stood watching the boy sleeping on the sofa before him. The tag on his pitch-black suit marked him as the dorm supervisor for the boys. How vulnerable, these are their prey? Those twelve should have no problem at all finishing this rabble off. He adjusted his glasses which he suddenly noticed were slipping slightly down his nose and reached out to shake the boy awake.

Valencia and the female dorm supervisor faced off in a grim staring contest just inside the lobby of the girls' dorm. She also, for some reason, did not like this person and this person didn't seem to be going to like her either. Samuel wondered if there was such thing as hate at first site. Nevertheless, Valencia would be stuck with this person supervising over her for the rest of her high school years here at Nocturne Academy.

"Ahem... if I may interrupt... where is Valencia Knight's dormitory room?" asked Samuel, Valencia's butler, regarding the two with wise caution. That broke the spell as the dorm supervisor looked away to check her list while Valencia looked to her butler.

"Ah, Valencia Knight. You are on the third floor, Room 311, with Katie Schulze," replied the supervisor suddenly changing to a warm smile.

"Thank you very much," said the old mustachioed man and he lead his mistress by the shoulder to the elevator. "Up we go..."

Nathaniel sighed as the car screeched to a halt. "Such recklessness," he muttered, stashing away a book he was reading in his bag.

"My most sincere of apologies, Master Nathaniel," the driver said.

"Whatever, we're here." Nathaniel walked out of the car while the driver opened the trunk, reaching for the luggage. As the man set them on a trolley, Nathaniel took two suitcases.

"Master Harker?"

"I'd rather not look like a snob that lets you do all of the work. I'll take a couple, Sebastian, if you don't mind."

"Ah, an excellent choice." Nathaniel rolled his eyes, walking with his servant to the dorm supervisor. "Hello, this here is Nathaniel Harker," Sebastian said.

The dorm supervisor twirled his mustache, looking through his list to see what Nathaniel's room was. "I see, I see. Young man, you will be staying in room 310 with…" The man adjusted his glasses, squinting at the name on the list. "Mister Te'hk Dov-Teak."

Nathaniel cringed at the name, baffled that anyone could possibly be called that, but he nonchalantly coughed. "Thank you, I'll head right there." Nathaniel gestured towards Sebastian, who followed him, the pair looking for the elevator.

"I do apologize for my rough driving, Mister Harker," Sebastian muttered.

"Sebastian, please stop apologizing, or else I could tell father that you could be replaced."

Sebastian was stunned. "Wha- What do you mean?"

Nathaniel sighed. "It's what it sounds like. If it upsets you, just go home once I'm all settled in, and tell father I arrived with no problems along the way."

Sebastian smiled. "Of course, sir."

The elevator bell ringed, followed by the doors opening. Nathaniel stepped back as Sebastian pushed the trolley inside, and then the two entered, Sebastian pressing the button for the third floor. It didn't take too long for them to reach the floor, and they quickly found the room, Nathaniel entered inside, but he sighed when he noticed the door was unlocked. Did this place not know what locks and keys were?

Nevertheless, Nathaniel stepped inside, with Sebastian following him. "Hello?" Nathaniel asked around, checking to see if Tek or whatever his name was had already arrived. Eventually, Nathaniel found a young man lying on the floor, dressed in overly "grimdark" clothing.

"What should we do?" Sebastian asked in a whisper.

Nathaniel raised a hand to Sebastian. "Don't worry, I got this." Nathaniel cleared his throat, and Sebastian cupped his ears, suspecting what his master would do. "HEY A**HOLE, WAKE UP."

"Well you're quick to plant stereotypes on people," Felicia said in a somewhat retorting manner, "Just because I'm blond..."

She was about to say more until to the girl she was talking to (Katie), when all of a sudden she got cut off by the announcement that the principal made; something about everyone having to go to their dorms for now, and expect a call for lunch a bit later.

"Sorry, I'm still a lil' irritable from uh... my time of the month or whatever," well, she lied about that part, "I'm Felicia, by the way,"

Felicia extended her hand for a possible hand shake, but realistically, they'd only have time for a quick one before they'd be ushered to the dorms.

"T-thank you," Blair breathed out relieved, placing a hand on his chest. With their buisness settled the pair began to walk in the opposite direction now headed towards Room 309 of the girl's dorm. Though that problem had been sorted out Blair still wondered what his room mate would be like, and how they would get along. Was she nice? Would she accept Blair is he told her his secret? These questions and more raced through Blair's mind as they walked towards the girl's dorm. 

They didn't get far before a  pair of strong hands gripped Blair by the waist from behind pulling him backwards. 

"Eep!" Blair yelled before coming face-to-face with a handsome black haired boy.

---

Dylan saw and instantly recognized the pair of his girlfriend and her father. Getting close to them he quickly set down his luggage and raced silently behind the girl and her father and gripped her by the waist pulling her back. 

"Bonjour, mademoiselle, ca, va?" The boy asked with a smirk, noticing the girl's hand come down and her father slowly relaxing recognizing who it was that had taken Blair into his arms. 

"Hahaha, oui, monsieur, ca va bien," Blair replied still giggling a smile on her face. "Comment dit-on 'idiot'? 'Dylan', non?"

"Oui," Dylan replied laughing at his girlfriend's joke. 

"Its good to see you son, how've you been?" Mr. Thornblake asked extending a hand. He was happy to see the boy, now healthy and well, as the last time he'd seen him had been in a hospital bed. 

"Good sir," setting Blair up right Dylan extended a hand, "its nice to finally be back. Alright princess, I best get to my dorm, see you soon." Giving Blair a quick kiss on the forehead he was off. 

~10 minutes later~

Dylan set his bags down going immdiately to unpack, seeing that his roommate had yet to arrive Dylan claimed the farthest end of the room. Slipping of his shoes and setting them under the bed Dylan unzipped his backpack and pulled out his laptop, plugging it into the wall outlet. Removing sheets from his suitcase Dylan's first order of buisness was to make the bed.

Once finished with that Dylan pushed the suitcase that contained his clothes under the bed, seeing as there seemed to be no closet, before flopping down on the bed with his I-pod and a book. Slipping his headphones over his ears Dylan set the song before beginning to read, humming a bit as he turned the pages. 

-MEANWHILE-

Blair had also begun unpacking after finding her room and bidding her father a farewell. Blair had claimed part of the room closest to the door, and had spread sheets out on the bed, but had decided other than that she'd rather leave other unpacking until later. For now Blair decided to grab one of sketch pads out of her bag, and continued something she had started before the drive up to Nocturne - a young anime girl throwing up to 'peace signs'.

"Ack, Jesus!" Te'hk awoke, turned and sat up, squinting from the light. "What's the meaning of this??"

He rubbed his eyes and sat on the bed closest to the window, which he'd been lying on the floor next to. Strange, he'd fallen asleep in the lobby.. Yet his back was neatly kept under his desk in the other corner of the room. And who were these intruders, his room mates? No, there was only one other bed, so he supposed that the guy who just interrupted his slumber, must be the one - and the other, his servant or something. He'd seen lots of people stroll into the grounds with butlers or chauffeurs and the sort, strange, how these people dedicate their life to serve others.

Te'hk then grabbed his bag, and placed it on his bed. He'd only placed a few things such as spare clothes, but nothing in the sort of jackets or coats. He'd also brought along a couple of fantasy novels, and his trusty knife. It was sheathed right now, and in a hidden compartment in his bag, he'd have to transfer the large, almost ornamental-looking knife to the sheath concealed in his jacket. He'd only use it in dire, life and death situations of course, or hunting or something. He also had a couple of other small things in his bags, but he really couldn't be bothered to search any further, so he took a novel from the bag, slid it along the floor to under his desk, and set aside the book for reading later.

He then prompted an answer from his previous question, "Hmm?".

Boy's dorm, Room 308

Mathew flashed an evil grin, at the mention of smashing his brother’s tennis rackets. For as long as he could remember, the even mention of their destruction would be enough to score Matt a semi-descent gaming partner; though recently it seemed like the threat was losing some of its effect, and Mathew would soon have to find a new way to bend his younger brother to his will.

While Flynn and Mrs. Miller discussed the situation of Flynn’s lack of reading material, Mathew directed his attention towards the school’s principle. Even as the man had been giving his introduction, Mathew had gotten a strange sense of familiarity that was now beginning to irritate him slightly. ‘Where do I know you from… Or better, who do you look like?’ Mathew had narrowed it down to either a manga character, or a boss from an old school video game, but with the shear amount of content he viewed daily it was no surprise that had trouble remembering every shady character he stomped on, or shot in the head.

"Hey Matt, we should probably start checking in and unpacking" Just as Mathew had given up on his attempt to connect the man’s face to a name, he heard his little brother's voice from a distance. Spinning around, he noticed that his family had already begun making their way towards the dorm, leaving him standing there like an idiot. “Hey, wait up guys!” He called after his family, as he broke into a light sprint.

*five minutes later*

When the Millers arrived at the large boy’s dorm building, Mrs. Miller took the lead; scanning the small sheet of paper that contained the boy’s room numbers, and mumbling something about the building fantastic architecture. After the short trip to the 3rd floor, she halted at a door with the numbers 307 embroidered on its face, before flashing her younger son a smile. “Sorry boys, I couldn't get you two a room together. But you’re still only a few steps away, so it should be alright.” With that she turned to Mathew, and pointed at room 308. “You’re right here, honey... Me and your father are going to get Flynny settled in, so we’ll see you in a bit.”

“Yep.” Mathew only nodded at his mother with bored expression, before turning to Flynn. “Alright my Flynnsy-winsy, you know where to find me.”  The boy spoke in a cutesy tone, as if he were addressing a toddler, and took a moment to pinch his younger brother’s cheeks, before subtly handing him a can of his own favorite energy drink. Mrs. Miller hated the fact that Mathew drank the stuff, and he was sure she wouldn't be pleased to know that he even thought about giving any to his brother; but that just made the gift slightly more significant. Flashing Flynn a smirk and  wink, Mathew made his way towards his door. 

Upon entering the room where he would be spending the majority of his time, Mathew instantly took the bed that was closest to the window. Not even bothering to unpack his clothing, Mathew went straight for his large black bag; pulling out small 19 inch television monitor, and a plethora of cables. He then removed his Xbox, and a set of controllers, followed by his laptop, and a book that contain his main gaming collection. "Now, let's make this place a home..." He chirped, as he began setting up his gaming station. 

The Millers had reached the third floor, where both Flynn's and Matthew's rooms were listed to be. Mrs. Miller had stopped in between what appeared to be rooms 307 and 308. “Sorry boys, I couldn't get you two a room together. But you’re still only a few steps away, so it should be alright.” Mrs. Miller explained, smiling. "Honestly, that's probably the best thing I've heard all day," Flynn snickered casually under his breath upon the discovery that he and Mathew would be in different rooms. 

"You’re right here, honey. Me and your father are going to get Flynny settled in, so we’ll see you in a bit.” Mrs. Miller called, pointing at Room 308, before proceeding to turn towards the door on the other side of the hall. “Alright my Flynnsy-winsy, you know where to find me.” Mathew joked as he took the opportunity as their mother turned away to pinch Flynn's cheeks. Flynn hastily pushed Mathew away as he rubbed his cheeks, embarrassed, before Mathew subtly passed him one of his energy drinks. Flynn eyed the can suspiciously and slipped it quietly into his shoulder bag before leaving Mathew a smile.

Mrs. Miller urged Mr. Miller to come forward as she pushed open the door labeled 307 and marched into the dorm room. As she entered, Mrs. Miller glanced around the room, her eyes falling on the young gentleman lying on the bed at the far-end of the room. She quickly eyed the small piece of paper she had received at registration, then approached the boy. "Hi there, you must be Dylan! I'm Lillian, this is my husband Mark, and my son, Flynn," she greeted quickly, as Mr. Miller unglued his eyes from his phone just long enough to wave hello. Flynn quickly walked into the room, dropping off his bags on the empty bed, before joining his parents.

"Uh...hello there. P-Pleasure to make your acquaintance, " Flynn smiled nervously at Dylan, extending his hand outwards. The three of them then proceeded to get all of Flynn's baggage unpacked and sorted out, successfully getting everything in its proper place - his bag of clothes nicely placed under the bed, his laptop out and charging on the desk, what few books he did bring neatly shelved, and his racket bag sturdily hanging on to a hook on the wall near the entrance of the room. Mr. and Mrs. Miller gave a sigh of relief as they exited the room to join with Mathew.

When entering the men's dormitory, he quickly noticed the dorm supervisor when the man was consistently getting visits from the other male students whom would be attending. He slowly walked over to the supervisor to check in and to find his room's location. The supervisor was apparently busy with other people, as he kept searching for other people as they all kept coming, and left as soon as he was told his dorm number. "Helpful staff it seems. To some small extent. Where can I-"

He found the answer to his question when he saw a sign that directed his room on the third floor. He saw a nearby elevator and a pair of stairs next to it. As much as the stairs would seem more exercising to him, the elevator would probably be the more realistic of the two. He walked on over to the elevator, placed his guitar down, and pressed the button, waiting for the elevator to reach him. . .

When he reached the third floor of the dormitory, he already noticed a little family outside of the hallway. He paid no immediate attention to what the family said, or their names, since he would probably never seem them again, or at least for a long while. Slowly treading towards his room, looking on both sides of hallway for a number '308' on the door. When he saw the door, it had the name plates of whom was residing in the room. It held the names 'Mathew Miller & Zeru Odol' on the front, and Zeru held his stance. He looked at the family behind him, and looked back. He set the guitar next to the door, and opened the door, and took the case back with him, entering the room. He found a boy whom he thought was Mathew Miller, setting up his game station. He went to the closest bed to him, and set his stuff down. He set them in an order to where he had his guitar case in the middle, the two big bags beside the case, and the small bags at the foot of the bed. He wanted to go get the amp now, but he didn't know how long that would take. He took his sunglasses off and tossed them onto the bed, and walked to the door. He turned around.

"You Mathew Miller, right? Can you help me get my amp up here?"

She just smiled at the other girl's retort, motioning to her own hair as she did, before the announcement for everyone to go to their dorms came. After the other girl introduced herself as Felicia, she accepted the handshake as she replied, "I'm Katie, nice to meet you." Then breaking off the handshake, she continued with, "We should be getting across to the dorms now, see you around Felicia." Walking away from the other girl, with a smile on her face, she headed across to the female dorms amongst the crowd heading that way. Slipping past the people lining up to figure out which room they were in, Katie made her way across to her room for the next few years. 

After removing her suitcases off her bed in the still empty room, she started to unpack, setting up a laptop on one of the desks and a few of her personal belongings along with it, amongst them a small locked box, the key of which was sitting around her neck as a necklace. She also put up an art piece featuring a grass-swept plain with a mansion sitting of in the distance under a blue sky, one of the few things she brought to remind her of home. That done, she started unpacking her suitcase into the wardrobe, awaiting the arrival of her to-be roommate for the next few months.

Mathew looked up from the back of his Xbox, to see that his roommate had entered their quarters. Instantly noting the guitar case that Zeru had draped over his shoulder, and that the boy was around his age; Mathew couldn't help but smile. “Yo!” Mathew nodded towards the other boy, as he watched him drop his stuff off. When the boy turned back towards the exit, Mathew also noted that the Zeru was into allot heavier music then himself. 'Looks like he wont be too bad...'

"You Mathew Miller, right? Can you help me get my amp up here?" Mathew chose to simply give the boy a thumbs up in response, and quickly placed his Xbox360 on one of the room’s desk, before walking out right behind Zeru. Once the two had entered the hallway, they were instantly greeted by Mr., and Mrs. Miller; to who Mathew left with a short wave. “Oh, hey guys, this is Zeru. I’m just going to help him out with something, so I'll be back in a few.”  Not waiting for their response, Mathew pressed the down button on the elevator, before boarding it with his new roommate.

“Wintersun, eh? So I see your into the heavy stuff. I'm more of a dubstep guy myself, but I guess I dabble in a little Electrocore from time to time..." 

"Hm? Blair...?" Dylan heard the door open through his headphones, and turned to see what appeared to be a family of three entering the dormroom. "Oops sorry thought you were someone else..." Dylan reached for his registration papers on the nightstand, "you must be Flynn right, pleasure is all mine." Flashing a warm smile Dylan accepted Flynn's handshake, and waited patiently for Flynn and his parents to unpack. 

"So... you look like quite the reader..."Dylan asked once Flynn's parents had left, "you know my girlfriend's a pretty good writer. Anyway, you seem kinda shy, don't worry I'm not some crazy ax murderer, no need to be nervous or anything." Dylan laughed attempting to lighten the mood a bit, and hopefully make his roommate more comfortable. "I see you like tennis any other interests... well besides reading."

"Wow, really? That's quite interesting - she sounds quite diligent. Please introduce me to some of her works next time!" Flynn exclaimed, smiling in interest as his roommate divulged the fact that his girlfriend happened to be a good writer. As Dylan reassured Flynn that he was no psychopathic serial killer, he chuckled, the tension and unease constricting him loosening. 

"Oh, to answer your question - tennis honestly isn't as much an interest as something that I just do. I mean, I've been playing it since before I remember, so it's just become routine rather than fun. But aside from reading, I'm kind of into baseball... Oh, cooking too," Flynn responded to Dylan's question as he reached into one of his bags and began digging around.

After about a minute of fidgeting, Flynn removed three stuffed animals from the bag - a yellow and white-colored kitten, a chubby-looking panda, and a Mudkip - then brought them over to his bed, arranging them neatly alongside the pillow. He then sat down on the bed and turned towards Dylan. "So, what about your interests? I can see that at least you're into music - what genres do you listen to?" Flynn asked, eyeing his roommate's headphones.

The door to Katie's room swung open quietly enough that Katie would not have noticed had Valencia not entered the room with her butler bustling in noisily behind her dragging Valencia's luggage. She brought very little with her, only her clothes and toiletries without any personal belongings. Upon entry to her new dwelling for the next few months, Valencia scrutinized her surroundings and was apparently unimpressed, though her eyes did rest for a moment upon the piece of wall Katie hung upon the wall. At last, her eyes settled on her roommate who was busy arranging her clothing into the wardrobe.

"Katie Schulze, I believe? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Valencia Knight and I will be your roommate this year," said Valencia very formally while extending a hand forwards. Then, she smiled. "I hope to get along."

While Katie and Valencia exchanged greetings, Samuel went and squeezed through the slightly cramped space, carefully avoiding bumping into his mistress or his mistress's new acquaintance, and began hanging Valencia's clothing into the wardrobe so Valencia was free to sit herself onto the bed closer to the door and claim it. "I will be taking this one, if you do not mind," she said.

The loudspeakers in the hall suddenly blared on and Valencia winced at the sudden noise. The mellifluous voice of Principal Dracula came on and forced itself into everyone's ears. "Students, parents and guardians. Please make your way to the courtyard behind the main school building for lunch. An outdoor barbecue lunch will be served with a salad bar as well as complimentary refreshments and wine."

"Shall we go now?" said Valencia, standing up and straightening out her dress. Suddenly, looking at her roommate, she paused. "Are your parents around? I suppose we should wait for them."

"I'm sure you two would get along marvelously," Dylan smiled, "you seem to be feeling much better now!" Rising from the bed Dylan sat at the desk chair to get a better look at Flynn. "You know if tennis doesn't interest you anymore why not stop and take up something you have more passion for, like cooking."

"My interests, huh?" Dylan sat in thought for a minute, before a small knock came at the door. 

"D-Dylan...?" Came a small voice from outside the door.

-5 minutes prior-

Having finished packing Blair had decided to come see his boyfriend, and had rushed across campus to the boy's dorm. Tentatively the shy boy pushed to door of the building open peeking in, and when the dorm supervisor's view was blocked rushed up the stairs before he could be seen. Ascending three flights of stairs Blair kept his eyes to the floor hoping not to attract to much attention. 

As Blair ascended the stairs of each floor, he kept a careful ear and eye out for anyone that looked or sounded like his boyfriend to find his room. Finally on the third floor Blair thought she heard his voice coming from the room marked 307, and hesitantly knocked.

"D-Dylan...?"

-Present-

"Huh," Dylan gave the door a puzzled look, but recognized his girlfriend's voice, "come in Blair." Happy to see her Dylan flashed a smile, though he was a bit puzzled as to how she'd gotten all the way up here...

"Eeep!" Blair yelped as his eyes found Flynn, "y-you didn't tell me there was somebody else in here!" Blair blushed furiously fighting the urge to press down on his dress. 

"Relax, its just Flynn, he's my roommate. Sorry she was bullied pretty harshly as a kid, so she doesn't deal well with people," Dylan said with an apologetic smile. "Come on Blair, we were just getting to know each other." Dylan patted a lap, and sent the nervous boy a warm smile, which was enough to bring him over, albeit a bit hesitantly.

Laying his on top of Blair's Dylan smiled, and continued from were he'd left off, "hmm, let's see well I like almost any type of music, but my favorites are classical, and electronic. Classical is just so relaxing, but I'm a sucker for anything with quick or fast paced beat, hehe... there kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum aren't they..." Dylan said scratching the back of his head. "Let's see I read a bit, thanks to this little lady, and I'm a bit of a gamer you could say, which I can again thank this little girl right here for, and I've studied martial arts quiet a bit-"

Interrupting Dylan the PA system came to life with the Principal's voice announcing a lunch for all the students and their parents. "Well I guess we'll have to finish this conversation on the go."  

Felicia sighed as she headed to the dorm building and tried to find her room. She probably should've gone ahead and asked the dorm supervisor, but being as defiant as she was, she decided that she'd find her room herself. Eventually, she stumbled upon Room 309, where someone, presumably her room-mate Blair, had sneaked out of. Felicia shrugged her shoulders and ventured inside, and clambered inside a perfectly made bed rather than the other one, only to end up unintentionally tossing the sheets aside as she tried out various sleeping positions. It took her a while but she found one, but before she could actually try to rest...

"Students, parents and guardians. Please make your way to the courtyard behind the main school building for lunch. An outdoor barbecue lunch will be served with a salad bar as well as complimentary refreshments and wine."

"A barbecue? Seriously?" Felicia stirred awake from the PA system, "Great... oh well, hopefully the salad bar's decent... or they serve fish to go with all that meat."

With that, she left for the Great Hall. She probably should've done something about those sheets, but she convinced herself that she didn't have the time.

Turning when she heard someone entering the room, Katie saw the girl and what appeared to be a butler enter with her. Accepting the handshake, she nodded once at the mention of her name, a slight smile on her face, before replying to her just as formally as the other girl had. "The pleasure is mine, I am indeed Katie Schulze. It's nice to meet you Valencia Knight." As the butler started to sort out Valencia's belongings, Valencia claimed one of the beds, "That's acceptable, I'll be fine with this bed." Katie said as she moved back over to the bed where her suitcases had previously been placed.

Looking around the room, first at Valencia and then at the butler she had brought along, Katie was starting to think that the other girl was from upper-class society as well, between the butler and the formal speech patterns she had used from the start. Finishing her own unpacking off, the two of them were interrupted when the PA system rather loudly announced that there would be a barbeque lunch out on the lawn. Looking back across to her roommate as Valencia spoke again, and dropping any semblance of formality in her speech, Katie replied with, "Well, my family has already left after dropping me here, so unless you want to be waiting here for a few months for them, we may as well just head on down now." Looking down at her current attire, a white blouse and a pair of blue jeans, she quickly made sure nothing was crumpled or out of place before moving to the doorway.

"Hmm?"

At first, Zeru didn't realize Mathew commented on his shirt, and had to look down for reassurance. "Yeah, I kinda grew up with metal ever since I was introduced to music. It's a weird story." He also heard that Mathew was more into dubstep and electronic music, rather than the music Zeru grew up with. He gave a few suggestions. "I know a few bands that have some electronic influence in them, you might like them, like Blood Stain Child, The Browning, so on. I'll tell you more later when we get back to the dorm room."

When the two reached ground level, they stepped out. As soon as the elevator behind them closed, an announcement was heard by the intercom above them.

"Students, parents and guardians. Please make your way to the courtyard behind the main school building for lunch. An outdoor barbecue lunch will be served with a salad bar as well as complimentary refreshments and wine."

Zeru felt a sheer reluctance to go, but it's probably required in some way. The two could probably get the amp when they return to the dorm room after lunch. But for now, he probably should go. The more he thought about the lunch, the more his hunger grew. "Lunch eh? We can probably get the amp after that. Besides, they have wine. What better way to introduce students than with wine? C'mon, let's go. I'm sure they'll have some good food. I mean, a fancy school like this, it better have some damn good chefs. I wonder if they have some of the more exotic foods there. . ."

Archived