Aix

Nathaniel shook his head at his new roommate, who didn't seem to understand what he was doing. He looked at his servant, and gestured towards the door. "It's okay, Sebastian, I can handle this from here."

"Are you certain?" Sebastian asked.

"Definitely. Just leave the bags here, and you are free to go."

"Very well, young master. I wish you all the best during your stay here.

"Yeah, thanks." Sebastian bowed to Nathaniel, and also to Te'hk, before making his leave. When he was gone, Nathaniel turned his attention to the boy he seemed to be stuck with. "So you're my new roommate, I take it? Te'hk? Curious name. Must be really foreign. You may call me Nathaniel. Now if you don't mind, I'd prefer it if the guy this school put me with wasn't so freaking pathetic that he'd fall asleep by the window of all things." Nathaniel tossed a bag against the pillow on this bed, while he moved some of his suitcases up against a wall, keeping it all together and as far away from Te'hk's stuff as possible.

No sooner did Nathaniel sit down did he hear the announcement from the principal. Standing up again, he looked at Te'hk. "You coming?"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Te'hk had been laid on his bed, eyes closed, eavesdropping on the conversation that took place between his new roommate and his servant. Sitting up before the end, he eventually gave this Sebastian fellow a nod, resisting the urge to argue the needlessness of the bow he received. Te'hk thought to himself - 'Huh, is that really standard routine for that guy? Having to bow to every commoner he encounters before taking his leave?'

"England, actually". Te'hk corrected- while acknowledging this guy's name, he wanted to say more, but couldn't be bothered to get into debate so soon. But the thought still spoke in his head - 'Pathetic? I'd be surprised if this wasn't the first time you'd done something without your Sebastian babysitting you.But I'm sure you had a wonderful relaxing journey here with all your fancy servants and such'. This could cause quite a row, not only due to it's insults, but of course, this guy must have been at least a few years older than Te'hk, so it wouldn't exactly be wise. 

Only a few minutes of shut-eye did Te'hk then get before an announcement was made, and Nathaniel stood up, ready to leave. "I'm starving, of course I'm going." After this statement, Te'hk proceeded to walk swiftly out the door and towards the stairs. 'This better be good. There better be chicken. Hmm.' As he passed down the stairs, he surveyed each floor with his eyes, seeing students coming and going out of their rooms, but eventually he hit the ground floor. Te'hk then started on his way out of the lobby, intent on getting some decent food from lunch.

"Actually, I probably couldn't stop tennis even if I wanted to," Flynn mused as he scratched his head. "But I guess most wouldn't understand that... I don't really think I do either," he laughed, turning towards his racket bag.

It was almost immediately afterwards that the door creaked open. Flynn looked over curiously as  Dylan called out the name "Blair". He witnessed a blonde girl slowly entering the room. Flynn and Blair made a moment of brief eye contact, before her sudden reaction upon seeing him caused Flynn to jump. Flynn quickly turned away nervously, the thought of "Did I do something wrong?" passing through his head. Luckily, however, Flynn's unease towards the awkward situation quickly came to halt as Dylan explained Blair's childhood trauma. 

"Oh no, that's fine. In fact, I can relate - I've had my share of bullies in the past too, so it's easy for me to understand where she's coming from there," Flynn admitted in an embarrassed manner, as he gave Blair a soft smile. "Flynn Miller, nice to meet you," he greeted pleasantly.

Once Blair got herself settled in, Dylan reverted back to discussing his interests alongside his taste in music. "I guess we have more in common than I thought; I'm really glad I'm not the only one who finds classical music to be enjoyable. As for gaming, I have some experience as well, since my brother forced me into doing that stuff so often," Flynn responded, snickering, before the PA system went off, disclosing the principal's announcement regarding lunch. "Yeah, let's go," Flynn agreed, as the three of them began making their way to the courtyard.

• § • § • § • § • § •

Dylan, Blair, and Flynn were nearing the courtyard when they heard what appeared to be an argument between three people. Flynn ran ahead to witness the confrontation between an effeminate-looking blonde, male teenager dressed in a flamboyant, upscale pink turtleneck with a purple necktie, and what appeared to be a pair of tall, bulky, male twins dressed in typical black "gangster hoodies", who looked like they were roughly twice Flynn's weight. Flynn gulped as he watched the three of them exchange verbal insults...

"Lunch eh? We can probably get the amp after that. Besides, they have wine. What better way to introduce students than with wine? C'mon, let's go. I'm sure they'll have some good food. I mean, a fancy school like this, it better have some damn good chefs. I wonder if they have some of the more exotic foods there. . ."

Mathew’s stomach began to rumble at the mere mention of food; having missed breakfast this morning, the promise of free nourishment was too good to pass up.  “You had me at ‘Lunch’! Com’on lets hurry and get there before the foods gone.” He flashed his roommate a toothy grin, before breaking of it a light trod towards the courtyard. 

*5 minutes later*

Upon reaching the school’s massive courtyard, the first thing Mathew noticed was the small crowd that seemed to be forming near the outer edge of the yard.  Content on completely ignoring the obvious disturbance, he began edging towards the promised barbecue; only to catch a glimpse of Flynn, who seemed to be moving towards whatever was happening in the center. 

“Hold up, Zeru, let me just grab my kid brother…” Mathew motioned towards the small gathering of people, before walking towards Flynn.

“eh?” Now able to get a clear view of what was going on in the center, Mathew couldn't help but grow slightly irritated. The two twins completely dwarfed their victim in every way, but apparently still thought it was ok to gang up on the unmanly sod. Unable to clearly make out what the three were actually saying, Mathew nudged Zeru lightly with his elbow. “Hey, you think we should do something?” 

As she made it to the courtyard, Felicia sighed when she saw what was going on within the centre of the crowd that had gathered there. Typical; a flamboyantly dressed young man was trading verbal insults with a couple of meat-headed twins, and by the looks of things, a fight was about to break out. Keyword being the word 'was'. Apparently having the biggest balls of the entire crowd, Felicia stepped right in between the three idiots.

"Break it up, break it up!" said Felicia loud and clear, "If you think you have to fight, then you can fuck off and take it elsewhere..."

All of a sudden, silence. Well, temporary silence anyway; Felicia could hear sharp footsteps from one of the twins trying to psyche out the other guy, but this was met with a look of pure venom to the culprit. Overall though, this was a noble risk that Felicia made, and it almost paid off... until the flamboyant idiot thought he could slide past Felicia and bum-rush the other two stooges. An equally swift kick in the crotch was in order, and it was enough to send him reeling in pain.

"Could be worse, I could've actually been in the mood to let you get owned by twin meat-heads," Felicia remarked in an uncaring 'serves you right' type of tone. With that, she walked back out of the crowd, a miniature celebration left in her wake by a few lads that may have been supporting the bulkier duo.

Valencia nodded at the girl. "Alright, let's be off."

Arriving at the courtyard, she found most people gazing in the same direction. There was a fight starting and Valencia grimaced at the sight of impending violence. In addition, it was obviously going to be a one-sided fight, two very large and bulky stereotypical "gangster" twins were standing off against some sort of hippy with a weird pink outfit. The tension was up and anger boiled in all three of them.

Fortunately, a blonde-haired girl stepped up to end the nonsense... but the idiot in pink obviously thought he was some sort of hero and ignored her to rush forwards to attack the two anyway. He was sent flying back with a kick to the crotch and it appeared the fight was over.

"Quite brave of you to intervene and save the poor kid," commented Valencia nonchalantly while lightly clapping her hands as Felicia passed by. Though Valencia only meant the best, her tone made it rather ambiguous if she was mocking Felicia or not. However before Felicia could respond or take it the wrong way, Valencia and her butler had walked off.

[hr]
After the meal, Valencia had wandered off to tour the school grounds and acquired a firm understanding of her surroundings. Satisfied with what she saw of the school, Valencia proceeded to withdraw into the library to browse the books in there, nodding to the librarian as she entered the massive, oaken room.

Upon exploring the library's sections, she found that, in the corner, interestingly, there was a particularly large shelf full of books on vampires. Not just vampire stories and myths and legends, but there were details on vampires as if they were a society and an actual race that lived in the shadows. In addition, there were manuals on how to defend yourselves against vampires. "Ha, ha, ha," said Valencia to her butler behind her with a rather bored inflection in her voice. "Principal Dracula loves vampire books." With that, the dark-haired girl walked on to the adjacent section. Considerably smaller, it contained a limited repository of information on magic and witchcraft. "No actual spellbooks, it seems," spoke Valencia as she glanced through the spines of the books.

Another announcement came on and the parents and guardians were asked to leave if they had not already, then, students were invited to participant in sports and events behind the school. Bidding Samuel farewell, Valencia sat down upon a red velvet armchair by the window with a view of the students' activities outside. She wasn't one for physical exercise, she was always quite physically weak, but she found it contenting to gaze upon her fellows having fun, especially with the Alps off in the background. Having her fill of the scene outside, her eyes redirected to the book in her hands.

On occasion her attention drawn back to the ruckus outside, but she otherwise read for the remainder of time until the call for dinner time.

As Te'hk was on his way to the courtyard for lunch, he saw some commotion taking place. He had no intention of getting involved, but he still sat on a bench, head rested in his right hand which was supported by leaning on the armrest. He was rather curious to what was going on, but he was more intent on waiting for the crowd to clear up before getting his meal - he already saw some students taking advantage of the scene to get first feasting on the food. He was far away, and all he could make of what was going on inside the circle of audience, was two twins, who appeared to be causing trouble somehow.

Eventually the crowd dispersed, only following a loud whoop and cheer quite evidently from the male population of the audience it seemed, as a rather fetching girl strolled away. Around his height, but possibly older, whatever she did obviously caught the attention of the crowd. Of course it would have quenched his curiosity to know what had happened, but at the time - no, he couldn't be bothered. He eventually grabbed a bite to eat, and the food was pretty decent, better than what he'd eaten for a long time, or maybe that was just the illusion granted by an empty stomach.

Later on he heard something mentioned of sports activities, he hadn't taken part in any interaction with others, save for his roommate, and had no intention to for the meantime, and he decided on sitting atop a low stone wall on the outskirts of the archery range. He was perfectly positioned to judge for himself their aim, yet far enough away to hopefully avoid conversation. And here he waited, after taking a quick but refreshing shower, for the lunch bell to ring.

After the little incident was resolved - fairly quickly - Zeru looked at Mathew and shrugged, and went ahead to get some food. He didn't particularly care for incidents like these where the typical ape would shout fight chants at the targets. Let alone, he didn't care to get involved with these things to begin with, since it considered it beneath him to get into petty fights like this. . .

It was back in the dorm room 308 where Zeru was currently waiting. He just finished unpacking and placed all his clothes in the dresser that was across from the bed of his. The dresser had 5 drawers, each for: underwear (undershirt and boxers), socks, shirts, pants, and other clothing items. He used the larger drawer at the bottom for his other clothes, which include a few jackets, coats (normal and trench), scarfs, dress overcoats, ties, and other items that weren't categorized in his other drawers. His underwear and socks were simply black, nothing else about them. His shirts were mostly band shirts, coming from a wide variety of bands he enjoyed listening to, and some he considered influences on his life; a few white and black long sleeved dress shirts were also there, but covered in the mass amount of band shirts that were present. His pants were black as well, but were either cargo, denim, or dress pants. Next to his dresser, he placed his amp head and cabinet he brought upstairs from his car thanks to Mathew helping out. Luckily, the tubes and fragile components inside the amp head were secured and taken out so they don't break, should Mathew have dropped the head. Zeru simply carried the cabinet, since it was the heaviest and it made him look stronger than if he was carrying the head. He left his guitar case on the bed and just side next to it, and tossed the bags he just finished unpacking over by the amp and dresser. His little night stand with a draw held some of his smaller things, like chains, wristbands, rings, necklaces, picks, small tools, small pedal for the amp, and other miscellaneous objects.

The announcement for the parents to leave was made, and was noted that sports and activities were being held outside in the back of the school. "Ugh, too far away. I don't wanna go to some stupid sports activity. How 'bout you?" Zeru groaned at the idea of him leaving for something like that, and moved his guitar case over, and slipped his boots off, turning his body and laying down, looking at the ceiling.

After all the emotional goodbyes and whatnot caused by all the parents leaving, an announcement was made, notifying all the students of sports practice and activities taking place down by the sports facilities. In contrast to the many students around him who appeared not to care, Flynn instinctively reached for his racket bag, and made his way down to the tennis courts. It wasn't long before a teenager with short, black hair had challenged him to a match. The two began to rally around, and just two shots in, it was evident to Flynn how much the difference was between their abilities.

* nearing the end of the match *

Flynn made a full-body stroke as he hit an aggressive down-the-line groundstroke, before dashing up to the net in anticipation as the ball came wobbling back weakly at him. "As expected..." he thought, lowering his arm, as the strings of his racket lightly brushed the incoming ball in a volley drop-shot. The ball, now devoid of what little power it had before, rose just above the net, then gently bounced twice on the opposing court, his opponent much too far to catch up to it. "Game, set, and match to Miller! Six games to two, six games to love!" the referee called out loudly as Flynn and his opponent met at the center of the court to shake hands.

Almost immediately following the end of the match, Flynn heard what appeared to be the bell signifying the call for dinner. He quickly packed his racket into his racket bag and draped it over his shoulder, before heading over to the Great Hall in the central building of campus. As he arrived, Flynn once again noted how overwhelming the size of the building was, standing at least several-hundred feet tall.

Katie split off from her roommate to wander around for a bit once they arrived at the barbeque, saying hello and briefly chatting to various people around the place, before finding her way over to where the barbeque was being served. After finishing her own meal, she wandered around, still chatting to various people around until an announcement came over the loudspeakers about saying goodbye to family if they haven't already left, and about some sports and events being set up over at the sporting fields. After walking over along with quite a large group of people deciding to have some fun with them, Katie managed to find a spot set up over to the side where fencing gear was being set up on a wooden floor.

A few other people seemed to have the same idea she had, walking across to join the fencing area, and after being suited up in the protective gear managed to get a few bouts against some of the other experienced fencers, while one of the staff members supervised the less experienced in some drills before pairing them off to fight those near their skill levels. Between bouts, some of them wins and some of them losses, she would wander over to talk to the rest of those participating in the informal matches, chatting about techniques and analysing the fights that took place in front of them, as well as introducing themselves to each-other as they went.

When the call came over the loudspeaker once more, announcing that dinner would start in half an hour, Katie walked back across to the girls dorms along with a few of the other girls she'd been fighting against, keen to have a shower before coming down to dinner. The shower worked exactly as she hoped too, cleaning her off and allowing her to regain enough energy to last a while longer before collapsing from exhaustion, as it had been a while since she'd gotten that much of a workout from sparring.

Dylan and Blair had found themselves quite uncomfortable in the little scene, and elected to remove themselves before things took a turn for the worst. Though it seemed a young woman had taken care of it, and thankfully nobody, for the most part, had gotten hurt... though the pink sweatered boy might be feeling sore later, both physically and pride-wise. 

Walking around the school to were many of the students seemed to be taking part in sports activities the couple observed from a distance. 

"Want to do anything," Dylan asked, though he suspected he already knew Blair's answer, and was responded with a predictable shake of the head. Shrugging Dylan led the boy towards were Flynn was playing tennis, this time hoping Blair might make a better impression.

It wasn't until the arrived in the dining hall though they were finally able to catch up to Dylan's roommate.

"Hey!" Dylan called out with a wave. "Mind if we joined ya? Looking sort of lonely over here." Dylan laughed lightly. "Besides Blair felt bad about how you two got off."

"H-hello," Blair said nervously, "my name is  B-blair Thornblake, nice to meet you." 

"Thanks, I guess," Felicia stated sarcastically, unsure of the tone of which the woman that had "congratulated" her had used. With that whole episode over, Felicia had just gotten herself a big feed on lunch, having no plans to stick around for dinner. Never mind any sports and such, which she quite frankly didn't have the time for. Instead, Felicia returned to her room and flogged her room-mate's bed again. At least she had the courtesy to quickly make it again, but it wasn't as neat as it was before she even laid a finger on it. Regardless, Felicia took off her dress and slipped on something more appropriate to sleep in.

Felicia remained asleep in her room-mate's bed for a good length of time... well, several hours anyway.

[hr]

- Broadcasting Message -

Due to technical difficulties the rest of Episode 1 has been cut. It was mundane stuff anyway, so we’ll skip it.

[hr]
"You know us vampires are much more civil than humans," said the vampire lord, as if to no one in particular, but he had felt the creeping sensation that told him he was under magical observation. He was never wrong. His observer's lips curled downwards as she realized she was being spoken to. "We have always settled conflicts amongst ourselves through honest competition and thus we avoided the massive bloodbaths that humans tend to partake in."

"Honest? They were anything but honest, they were simply another dirty means for you to get what you want and rid yourselves of troublesome and outspoken youths," growled the observer distastefully, though she knew Dracula could not hear her.

"Humans are foolish. Very foolish. Their stupidity knows no bounds," continued the vampire lord. "Living with them for so long, perhaps you were infected with their foolishness."

[hr]
[spoiler="Opening Theme"]

Magenta by devilishP and nano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoC_qvx7Cs

[/spoiler]
[hr]

~ Episode 2: Humans’ Stupidity Knows No Bounds ~

What is this? Valencia stared with eyes wide with shock at the object that lay on her desk and on the desks of all her classmates around her. The middle-aged, slightly balding English teacher stood with a goofy smile on his face as he regarded the class before him as if nothing were wrong. Tentatively, the dark-haired girl poked the Desert Eagle’s black grip, before picking it up and flipping it over in her hands.

“Woah! Is this real?” exclaimed a brown-haired, lightly freckled boy sitting by the window. He held it up in the light as if to see whether it was a hologram or not.

“Of course it is real,” replied the teacher a little too happily. He clapped his hands. “You have all been issued one of these... for your safety, of course.” It was as if it were standard stuff for him, allowing his students to handle guns in a school.

“What is the meaning of this?” demanded Valencia, suddenly speaking up quite seriously.

“Did I not just explain? It is for your safety,” responded the teacher. He seemed genuinely puzzled.

“The principal really thinks that handing kids guns is a good idea? That it’s safe?” asked Valencia.

“Oh, now, now, we have Miss Responsible over here,” said the teacher with a light-hearted chuckle. He gave her a wink to show that he meant no harm while Valencia shook her head and slowly sat down.

Watching as Velencia returned to her seat, Mathew continued to weigh the gun in his hand; he had no doubts the weapon was real, but that part didn't seem to bother him much. What really concerned him was the choice of weapon that the school had provided; the Desert eagle was in no way a “Beginner” fire arm, that and the fact that the teacher had used the word “Safety” multiple times didn't sit right at all.

Removing it’s clip, Mathew waved the gun in the air, as he shouted from his seat near the back of the room. “She's not wrong, dude.These things fire Magnum rounds; you think you guys could have gone with something just a tad less… extreme?”  As he spoke his mind suddenly flashed to an image of Flynn holding a weapon of his own, causing Mathew's eyes to narrow. Pointing the barrel of the the pistol towards the room's window, he continued.

“What the hell’s out there, that we'd need a .44 to put down? Lord Voldemort?!”

While everyone was complaining or commenting about the recent "present" they've been given, Zeru took the Desert Eagle, and made sure the safety was on while it was pointed at the desk. He removed the magazine, set it down, and moved the slide back to see if there was a bullet in the chamber, to make sure that he wouldn't accidentally shoot someone, despite the mag being removed. Since there was a bullet inside, he took the bullet out and set it down next to the magazine. Since he was clear to wave it around, although shouldn't, he grabbed the gun by the front end, and asked in a serious tone.

"Do you realize how many innocent students would be shot for the hell of it? Do you realize that you just put everyone in danger in case some lunatic decided to go trigger happy? Who the hell is in charge here? No. Seriously. Who the hell is so f*cking high and retarded that they decided to give students guns?! Hey look, Mathew right here is pissing me off over something stupid and trivial!"

Zeru turned next to Mathew, and pointed his unloaded gun next to him. He pulled a trigger, and shouted "Boom!"

"Great, I shot Mathew! Now, not only am I charged with murder, I can rid his body of the evidence, and take his gun. Now I have two guns with twice as much ammo." He put his gun on the table, slide the gun back, and saw there was a barrel inside, and muttered about how he forgot to check the barrel. He took both guns, and walked around him and towards the front. Since both guns were clear for handling, and he pointed indiscriminately, making gun noises where the guns were pointed. When he reached the front, he looked at the teacher. "Please tell me for the love of the gods that you plan on at least GIVING the students courses in Gun Safety, a lot of them don't even know how to handle a gun."

"Again, what's to stop a trigger happy lunatic from shooting us up?" Putting on of the guns in his side pocket, he pointed at the dark-haired girl (Valencia). "She could be some blood-crazed pyscho, and she wouldn't know about it until it's too late."

Te'hk put the gun in an inside pocket on his jacket planning for an easier way to access it, thinking- 'I'll have to make a holster for this later...' But checking the safety catch and making sure nothing was in the chamber were not the only precautions he took, after gaining the weapon, he also surveyed the class to see if anyone seemed stupid or hot headed enough to actually use the weapon, or those that may seem to have no clue of how to use them. He himself had never had to use a gun in self defence, but he'd tested out an old pistol out at the warehouse he lived in for some time. That was nothing like what he had now though, but it couldn't be too hard to get to grips with, he'd always been a quick learner anyway. He'd have to speak with Nathaniel about this later, it just didn't seem right that they would be given guns for the reasons specified.

Some students had called out in protest, some attempting to relinquish ownership of their firearms straight away, but the teacher was stubborn, and no such things would happen. These pistols had been effectively a forced burden, and as much as he was curious, he didn't want to have to use it. He had been early into class of course, and so only a few students had entered, a good 70% of the class hadn't arrived yet, oh they were in for a surprise. But for now he'd just say no more and await for the continuation of the lesson.

Flynn stared curiously at the questionable object that lay on each student’s desk before carefully scooting his seat a couple feet backwards. “Cool! These look totally badass! I wonder if they actually work!” a voice called out excitedly near the back of the classroom. “Wait, no! Don’t do tha-“ the high-pitched voice of Professor Polly Nomial, the stout math teacher called out. But it was too late. Flynn looked back, only to see that the bearer of the voice – a tall, not so bright-looking boy aimed what the teacher had called the “Desert Eagle” at a window and fired. Obviously, the idiot had skipped out on the part of the lecture which had confirmed that the guns were real…

A loud *bang* had echoed throughout the room, Flynn and many of his classmates flinching as it happened. The window had shattered completely, and Mrs. Nomial appeared completely flustered. “Young man, never do that again. Those are for your safety, not for you to cause trouble with. Please make your way to the principal’s office,” she stated nervously, motioning to the boy to leave the room. Flynn took a deep breath before his head fell on his desk. “If this is how things turn out in the first seven minutes of class…this is going to be a long year…” he thought to himself, exasperated at the very thought of handling a gun.

Looking curiously at the gun in front of her as various people started speaking up, her own roommate among them, Katie picked up the gun she was given. Remembering what she'd learnt about gun use, she carefully checking the safety switch was on before ejecting the currently loaded magazine, as well as the bullet already in the barrel and examining them. Magnum .44 rounds, why would a school be giving us such powerful guns on the first day. Speaking up to enter the discussion, Katie aimed a question directly at the teacher, "What interests me more than why we are being given these is, how did the principal managed to acquire a couple of hundred of these pistols in the first place?" As she asked, Katie placed the loose bullet back into the magazine, before placing both into the gun once more, now grateful for the rudimentary gun control course she had taken a few years back to teach her how to handle a gun in case it was necessary.

"W-what is this...!?" Blair stuttered looking down at the gun on his desk, "what is the meaning of this? P-please tell me these aren't-" Blair's head jerked up to see the boy in front of him waving the gun around like a toy, the teacher flustered attempted to stop him, but the gun was fired off all the same. "O-o-oh, oh God..." 

"Are you daft!?" The girl sitting next to Blair shrieked, she then turned on Blair, "and what do you mean 'what is this'! It's a gun you dips***, stop blubbering over there and get a hold of yourself!" The girl then wheeled on the teacher, the fire of anger blazing in her eyes, "I oughta pop you for being so friggin' stupid, I mean what idiot gives a bunch of teenagers guns." The girl swung the gun in the air, and for a moment Blair thought she really might shoot the teacher. "Of course... your a bunch of animals... all of you... make me sick." 

The girl flopped down into her chair, seemingly deflated, began examining her gun. Blair did the same taking the opportunity to sink into himself, and decided he would just go through the motions of the day. Checking to make sure the safety was on Blair was ready put the gun away when a hand reached out to his desk an stopped him.

"If you put away like that your going to get somebody shot," looking up Blair realized this was the same girl who had just yelled at him, "sorry about earlier, I guess I was just a bit high strung," the girl rubbed the back of her head a bit sighing. "Anyway you have to pop the magazine out first, then open the chamber, and make sure a bullets not in it already," along the way the girl explained and pointed to everything she was doing slowly so Blair could understand, "now it should be safe. By the way my name's Nina Ellison." 

"B-Blair Thornblake."

----

"Jeez," Dylan scratched the back of his head looking down at the weapon in front of him, "you gotta be kiddin' me." Dylan looked up to see several outbursts from his classmates. What was so dangerous that the school would provide kids with the means for such needless and brutal violence. Standing Dylan decided he should contribute his own two cents.

"Hey, guys!" Dylan clapped his hands together, now looking at the red-haired (Nathaniel) kid who had been speaking, "I get what your saying, but everybody freaking out about it is not going to help. We all need to keep a cool head about the situation," Dylan turned to face the teacher now, "I hope there's a damn good explanation to go along with this..." 

In his office, the principal snickered at the gunshot sound before snapping his fingers. Each of the teachers around the school suddenly stood straight, arms to the sides, with blank faces. Then, each of them, as if coming out of dazes, shook their heads in confusion and looked around to get a grip of their surroundings. As if nothing happened, they calmed and addressed their respective classes. "Please calm down, the gunshot was fired at a window, not a person. Now, now, we must get on with class. Everyone please secure your firearm in a safe place on your person so that we may proceed with your education here."

"Yo! What is this? You expect us to just take it?" Another student in Valencia's class jumped up. He had ruffled black hair and wild eyes, he wore a simple muscle shirt that showed off his tanned and toned arms. With a agitated expression, he pointed his gun at the teacher, but the teacher remained smiling. "Speak up or I'll shoot!"

"What are you doing?" demanded Valencia sternly, standing up as well, but the kid simply looked at her serious expression and sneered.

"Tough girl are you? You want to go?" With that, he directed his gun at Valencia instead.

She froze and stared in disbelief at the weapon directed right between her eyes. Slowly, her eyes rose to the hazel eyes of the boy who wielded it. He was scared, she realized, but this was an unreasonable response, it was pathetic. Thinking it through, she realized sadly that there was really nothing she could do in this situation, if she moved at all, he could easily pull the trigger and she wasn’t willing to risk it.

"Speak up or I'll shoot!"

Zeru was at the front of the classroom where he ranted on about the use of guns, and how some trigger happy idiot could start up something serious. This was already proving his point, he was threatening a staff member about the ownership of guns within the school. He looked at the teacher, where he spoke in a guttural voice. "Ya see? We already have one idiot to deal with now."

"Tough girl are you? You want to go?"

Zeru directed his attention before the teacher could mention anything, and looked at the boy who had his gun pointed at the girl he used as an example before. She couldn't do anything, because she would be shot. However, no one else in the room would do anything. Zeru assumed that he would have to do something, but he didn't want to do it, and he shouldn't have to do anything about this. He silently took his initial gun, and loaded it quickly. He took a gun stance, both hands on the gun, and pointed directly at the boy's hand that was holding the gun. He took his aim carefully, and pulled the trigger.

The gun was airborne, with the boy's hand flailing backwards and taking him with it, he quickly grew worried. He didn't take the precautions of the in-built safety of the gun. He quickly examined the gun's built-in safety mechanisms, and gave an immediate shout, "Duck!"

Nathaniel was just as confused as everyone else about receiving a gun, but just as he was about to voice his major problem with a firearm to everyone in the classroom, a student did the very thing he was afraid of. A rather loud student was prepared to shoot the teacher, exactly as Nathaniel would have expected. As far as he knew, there was nothing that could stop one or many students from just shooting the teacher, and then as many of the other students as they could. Nathaniel tried to consider what possible reason there was for all this nonsense, he decided to speak. "Could all of you just shut up?" He grabbed his gun, and although he kept his hand on his desk, he had the gun pointed at the student who seemed to have changed his focus from the professor to a girl in the classroom. "Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that this is exactly what they wanted to happen. Give everyone a gun, see what happens."

However, one of the students shouted for everyone to duck, so Nathaniel dropped his gun, rolling down onto the ground. The gun shot off, and after a few seconds, Nathaniel sighed, grabbing his gun back from his desk, and stood up, shaking his head. "Bunch of idiots."

The teacher slammed his fist on the table repeatedly to grab everyone's attention. "That is enough! Everybody, sit down!" he thundered. "NOW!" The silly grin was removed from his face and replaced by a look of silent fury. Then, to everyone's surprise, he pulled a double-barrelled shotgun from under his desk and shot the ceiling. Even the boy who had his gun shot out of his hand quickly took his seat.

Valencia quickly looked to the tall blond kid who saved her and gave him a nod of appreciation before following the teacher's instructions and settling back down in her chair. Stunned by the teacher's sudden outbreak, as well as fearful of that gun the teacher held in his hands, the rest of the class passed deathly silently and uneventfully.

"Now head on to your next classes," ordered the teacher gruffly at the end of class. "Out! Out! Out!" And everyone hastily grabbed their bags and hurried out.

[hr]

It wasn't until lunch time that Valencia got the opportunity to properly thank the boy who took the initiative. Personally, it was quite a foolish, if not a little cliche, to try shooting the gun out of someone's hand, but thanks to him, no one really got hurt. After grabbing her lunch from the kindly serving lady on the far right, she set her tray down on the table and sat down across from Zeru. "Thank you," she said quite sincerely.

Zeru had arrived to the cafeteria fairly early compared to the rest of the students, because his prior class was closer to the cafeteria. When he went to the line, he found some pretty good things to eat. He found recipes from all parts of the world like Japan, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Australia, etc. He figured that since they would have some of the same food for a while, he'll go ahead and, well, try all of them. The logic didn't stick to him, he was just hungry, and quickly grabbed whatever he thought looked delicious. He ended up having two slices of pizza, hot wings, sushi (with wasabi sauce), chow mein, bratwurst, crepes, and a side salad with all kinds of vegetables. He also sneaked in a few fruits, particularly strawberries, lemons, limes, and kiwis. It was amazing how his considerably small tray could hold all of these food items on there, excluding the salad. All he really had for a drink was a large milk.

When he barely starting his meal, someone appeared in the upper part of his peripheral vision, and he looked up as he was starting off the pizza. It was the girl he "saved" earlier from the boy who was about to shoot her. Since his his mouth was full at the second, he quickly moved the pizza away from his face, and swallowed. Giving a sigh of sated taste buds, he looked into her eyes, and gave a quick response. "You're welcome, I guess. Someone was bound to do it, regardless of who it was. If it wasn't me, someone would have swallowed their guts down and did something about it. I just decided to it first." He finished and quickly finished off the pizza, and decided to start off the chow mein he picked up, grabbing a pair of chopsticks he snagged at the line from earlier.

"Besides, I still think this school is idiotic to give us guns. I don't think many people here have taken a single course in gun safety, let alone even know how to handle a gun. It didn't even want to use my gun, shooting the gun out of that guy was probably the most craziest thing I'll do at this sch- . . . okay one of the most craziest things I'll do at this school."

Once she'd finished serving herself some food, ending up with a plate of Thai red curry with rice and a glass of water, Katie made her way across to where her roommate was sitting with the guy who'd protected her in class earlier. Sitting down on the table opposite her roommate, Katie managed to listen to the last part of the conversation, talking about the issue with the guns, and joined in to the conversation. "It may seem idiotic, but there has to be some reason behind the decision. The organization required to give everyone a gun would be huge, not something to be attempted lightly. Whatever that reason is, it doesn't seem likely to be explained to us any time soon." That said, she started to eat her own meal, delicately chewing each piece as she went, years of training ensuring her table manners were perfect.

Archived