Card Maker Update!

YCMaker

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen since I have no real knowledge of card rarities whatsoever (I haven't gotten any Yugioh cards in like... a decade), but Super Rare Xyz Monsters have black names, making it nearly impossible to see the name. So, unless this is supposed to happen (and ABC further proves he is the stupidest member of this site ever), could the Super Rare Xyzs have a different color for their name?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, it's always done that.
It's more or less a performance issue, in the sense that it lowers the quality of the image so they load faster.
Or something like that.

No it's not that. I also devoloping a similar image program with YCM for my school project. Infact it's a cardmaker that the student can type in his/her first and last name, some info about him/her, his/her school etc. I must tell you that I use the best quality of png file but still the php functions cannot generate the image like the GIMP or Photoshop can do, but the speed of generating the image is great.. anyway I'm doing that on localhost, so I'm not sure how the program will run on an online server but you get the "picture".

The card pictures really are quite LQ.

LQ? They are great! The old ones were LQ...but those, those are almost as real! o_O.. LQ, yeah, right!

• Administrators

I would like to report a bug.

Sometimes the spell card text block, the one on the right that says SPELL CARD, sometimes get space added in, like there's meant to be like a quick-play spell card. Not always, it happened to me one time.

When did it last happen to you?

Just now. Not even 5 seconds ago. I'll be sure to post it when it happens. I'll go trigger it.

BUT OH MY GOD YOU'RE TALKING TO ME. THIS IS KIND OF AN HONOR.

EDIT: GOT IT

1Xt5yVt.jpg

Seems to happen when someone loads an old spell/trap card. Re-generating the card, or switching to a trap and back fixes it.

ALSO, Tuners, effects, and more also seem to be affected.

LQ? They are great! The old ones were LQ...but those, those are almost as real! o_O.. LQ, yeah, right!

No they are LQ in comparison as I've already explained. For some reason the one it generates in the card maker isn't actually the one it generates-or at least if it is, they are stretched up. I feel this is worthy of a fix as the larger cards turn the smaller generated cards into crap looking cards.  

756ea2d77b5a41c106164e3d2645c5c7.png < this is the one it "generates in the card maker"

D6kdzFT.jpg < this is the one it actually generates

Both of the cards images are LQ as is, but the second one is much more LQ as it's stretched further out, the card itself is far from LQ. Also I Just want to say that the YU-G for the (not sure what it is) in the bottom right seems awfully off.

No they are LQ in comparison as I've already explained. For some reason the one it generates in the card maker isn't actually the one it generates-or at least if it is, they are stretched up. I feel this is worthy of a fix as the larger cards turn the smaller generated cards into crap looking cards.  

756ea2d77b5a41c106164e3d2645c5c7.png < this is the one it "generates in the card maker"

D6kdzFT.jpg < this is the one it actually generates

Both of the cards images are LQ as is, but the second one is much more LQ as it's stretched further out, the card itself is far from LQ. Also I Just want to say that the YU-G for the (not sure what it is) in the bottom right seems awfully off.

I don't see a difference, the quality of the bigger one actually looks better in quality then the smaller one.

Either way it shouldn't be the case. I know the images pixel size seeing as I made it and it's 300x300 each one is stretched or formed incorrectly. As increasing the size will lower the quality as will making it smaller. The CardMaker should generate what it's officially generating not some "preview" this would mean that confusion between image quality would be reduced.

To my eyes they both look equally LQ due to the CardMaker but I can see the pixelation a little more in the second.

That most likely has something to do with the template separately not supporting the characters whereas the normal monster template does and I doubt you would really need special symbols if you mean stuff like ☩ᴇᴀʀs also the Card Maker isn't meant to support foreign languages. 

Thank you SO much for this update!

Pros:

1. The template is very well done.

2. The picture and text box now fit with the current official card template.

3. Text in the text box fits MUCH better now.

4. XYZ cards have finally been added.

Cons:

1. Still can't use the "dot symbol" for specific effects. For example, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning.

2. Cards are VERY stretched when put on the actual forums compared to the Card Maker. While the text may be easier to see...this DOES make the picture quality much worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that part should be changed back to the way it was. ...We can always add a lore under the card if the text is too small.

Overall:

Still a GREAT update, but BOTH Cons are still a HUGE thing that would make opinions a lot better than they've already become lately. Please fix these Cons A.S.A.P.!

Grade:

8/10

*Sigh* Supporting other languages should get a higher priority.

Not really, since this is a site that uses English as its main language, and English is main language for the forum. Other languages are not high priority because they do not have any kind of effect on the Card Maker or the site.

Archived