First time making a CXyz... - - - - Drakexx, Cursed Amethyst Dragon of Dark Ages + CXyz {Prime-Ace John}

PrimeAceJohn

I think I made the cards OP, but I really like them for some reason. Tell me what you think.

Reps 4 reviews, btw.

#inb4longassnames

2J4XukT.jpg

DRAKEXX, CURSED AMETHYST DRAGON OF DARK AGES

DARK

[Dragon / Xyz / Effect]

2 level 4 DARK monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to place 1 Cursed Amethyst Counters on 1 face-up card on the field. As long as a card has a Cursed Amethyst Counter on it: It cannot attack, change its Battle Position, or activate its effect. 

ATK/ 2300   DEF/  200

GLs1tMS.jpg

CXYZ DRAKEXX, CURSED AMETHYST DRAGON RULER OF DARK AGES
DARK
[Dragon / Xyz / Effect]

3 level 5 DARK monsters
Once per turn, while this card has an Xyz Material attached to this card: It cannot be destroyed by Trap Card effects. If this card has "Drakexx, Cursed Amethyst Dragon of Dark Ages" attached to it as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect:
- Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Destroy 1 card on the field then your opponent must send the top card of their Deck to the Graveyard. 

ATK/ 2700   DEF/  900

I have a feeling they need like big edits...

Not bad for your first time with a Cxyz, but though, it should be rank 5, not 4, since Cxyz's are associated with "RUM" cards. On to the reviews:

1st XYZ:
I actually like this effect. It has the same counter distribution as Master Key Beetle, and has that little lockdown bonus. However, based on the second half of the effect, it seems like the effect is specific to monsters. Was that the intention or was it meant as a general thing?

The Cxyz:
As stated, it should be rank 5. The 1-time self protection from traps seems a bit unfair, as cards such as bottomless and torrential tribute are rendered pointless. I suggest that the effect only applies while it has material. The second part, howevet, seems balanced. Not much brokenness going on here. The 1 card mill may seem broke, but Masquerade literally does that for free, while this thing has to destroy something first, so it's understandable.

Not bad for your first time with a Cxyz, but though, it should be rank 5, not 4, since Cxyz's are associated with "RUM" cards. On to the reviews:

1st XYZ:
I actually like this effect. It has the same counter distribution as Master Key Beetle, and has that little lockdown bonus. However, based on the second half of the effect, it seems like the effect is specific to monsters. Was that the intention or was it meant as a general thing?

The Cxyz:
As stated, it should be rank 5. The 1-time self protection from traps seems a bit unfair, as cards such as bottomless and torrential tribute are rendered pointless. I suggest that the effect only applies while it has material. The second part, howevet, seems balanced. Not much brokenness going on here. The 1 card mill may seem broke, but Masquerade literally does that for free, while this thing has to destroy something first, so it's understandable.

Thanks for the review and the CXyz stuff. 

I edited some stuff.

Archived