My Fist Try At XYZ (The Barbarian Minotaur)

TJDouglas13

[URL=http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/TJDouglas13/media/TheBarbarianMinotaur_zpsb75099de.jpg.html]TheBarbarianMinotaur_zpsb75099de.jpg[/URL]

Lore:

2 Level 4 EARTH Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and Target 1 Level 5 or lower monster on the field; Destroy it andinflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK to your opponent. When this card is destroyed: Both players take 1000 damage.

Hover your mouse over the underlined areas for OCG fixes.

Once per turn: You can detach 1 [acronym='It's spelt "Xyz", not "XYZ".']Xyz[/acronym] material from this card and [acronym='You have to specify a Target with the new PSCT (Problem Solving Card Text)']Target 1 Level 5 or lower monster on the field[/acronym]; Destroy it and [acronym='You just had some things backwards here.']inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK to your opponent.[/acronym] When this card is destroyed by battle: Both players take 1000 damage.

With the OCG fix aside, it's good for a bit of burn, I suppose. Rescue Rabbit into X Dinosaur and X-Sabers can make this card fairly well, and they can also get support from their good old friend Invoker. Good for a bit of burn, it's a more restrictive Volca that also allows you to still attack on the same turn, which may, in turn lead to potential OTK'ing. I would change the last effect to trigger if it was destroyed by anything, instead of just by battle, because I'm willing to bet at least 80% of the time, your effects won't activate from battle destruction this format, and instead from effect destruction. A bit simple, but it's still good.

OCG fix was redundant, saying "Inflict damage to your opponent" then at the end saying "to your opponent", so remove the last instance of "to your opponent". (Meaning the sentence ends after "ATK").

It is a nice card, getting in for a decent amount of damage provided your opponent has a card for this guy to kill off the bat. He will probably only be able to destroy one card via effect in his lifetime, but that is a nice burn to begin with (1600-2100 is the most likely area of which this guy will burn for, then the 1000 to boot on his death puts you ahead). It also follows Beast Warrior's nature in the fact they're simply trying to kill your opponent fast and with brute strength, so that is flavorful. Something I really like about this card is that it gives Rock Decks using Block Golem another Xyz (well, a good one, unlike Fairy King) they can go into without making future Block Golems useless, which is very noteworthy to me.

Side note: You put "Fist" instead of "First" in the topic name. At fist (bum dum tss) I thought you were doing a pun on Fire Fist (since you made a Beast Warrior), but it requires EARTH monsters so that was eliminated from my view.

It's basically a slightly more restrictive volcasaurus, with an additional when destroyed effect and no restriction on being able to attack. Although volcasaurus needs 2 level 5's, this only needs level 4's, but since they must be EARTH, I guess that makes it balanced enough. Although goblindbergh support makes this pretty easy to get out, the same could be said with level 5's and cyber dragon + gagaga magician or the tricky or most level 4 wind-ups etc. 

I would run this in my rank 4 swarm deck for sure, synchronizes brilliantly with star drawing too. 

Archived