Dragon Quest: Heroes of Alfheim

Kyng's Old Account

"A fair? Oh joy...."

A fair? Oh joy....

To Loke...that was the last thing he wanted to take part in. What was scary was, not just Loke felt this way...but so did Fen. The young man dismissed it, as he knew Fen dismissed it as well, as he began folding his arms, slowly shaking his head. "I'm sorry, but to be perfectly honest...this whole fair thing doesn't sound all that interesting." he said bluntly, as he stared straight at Wyllt. "In case you all forgot...I don't do TOO well with things like that. I would appreciate it if you left me out of that and not bother me with your 'fun'..."

"Well, you seem to be a bit bolder today, Loke~"

Shut the hell up Fen... Loke snapped back to the werewolf side of him as he awaited to hear the midget's response.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes, a fair" Wyllt chuckled to Lumine. "You know: large tent, clowns and exotic animals, a good laugh." With this he listened to her, before sighing in agreement and nodding. "Plus you could've charged 'em for the dance, and put more gold in yer pocket too. Ah, well, maybe some other time." Noting Lumine falling silent Wyllt's attention shifted to Alessandra, who had her eyes on the ball even when hung over it seemed - quite the fetching trait, mind you - and saw the entirety of the situation as an investigative opportunity. Hearing her phrase it like so helped better picture what they were gonna be doing in Wyllt's head; as the old geezer rubbed his head he nodded. "Mhm. At the end of the day we're tracing these Echoes; this'll be another  chance to learn more about them."

Wyllt then outright ignored Loki's comment, partially due to not being to keen of the attitude, but mostly because his attention shifted back to Lumine. He had noted she'd fallen silent from her usual bubbly, energetic self and was somewhat worried when she had to get up. Noting she was leaving the inn implied she didn't need the restroom, and her hurried pace didn't necessarily make things any less suspicious. "She's off in a hurry." He commented before sighing with a chuckle. "You youths; I'll never understand ya."

When Lumine did come about to return Wyllt chuckled. "Have ya got everything?" He asked, just to be sure if she was ready. With this Wyllt then turned back to the rest of the table as he commented that "If so, I'd say we'd best get a move on. We can't be sitting around any much longer; fortunately, the travel will be quite short." The Great Dragon was, of course, still at their beck and call, which would make things easier in terms of reaching the destinations; when the heroes would eventually finish any left business they had in Tourp however, they'd come to a shocking discovery as the Dragon looked to the four with little amusement when he said:

"I cannot take you there."

Wyllt's jaw dropped before he snapped. "Hey now, you-er supposed to follow our every command and do as we say. Don't make Alessandra shove her Lanze through your gut!" To this the dragon yawned. "The town of Yule was one of my regular haunts, but eventually the guards had built these strange machines that shoot these metal shells. Ever since, attacking Yule has became suicidal for any and all Dragons; they have a zero tolerance for our kind, and rightfully so. In sum, you four will just have to walk to Yule." With this the Dragon settled and rested upon his back, yawning as he awaited for any response from the others he'd get, before simply finishing by saying "I can take you anywhere, but Yule. If you want my cooperation you will understand this." Wyllt sighed before looking to the others. "We're not getting anything out of 'im. Let's just get going, hm?"

Once everyone was ready to leave the tavern, Lumine found herself feeling a little better.  Still angry at Yule's current situation, actually making the trip would ease her mind somewhat.  Soon, she would be able to do something about the killings.  Just like the others probably thought, Lumine was expecting to take a quick trip to Yule by dragon.  Unfortunately, the dragon himself declined, and for good reason.

"Are you sure there's no way for you to take us there?" Lumine asked frantically.  She was practically pleading with the dragon, but the dangers were already made clear, and Lumine could not bring herself to risk the dragon's life.  "Maybe you could fly us north of the town or something... no that would take too long," she said to herself, pacing back and forth.  Wyllt then suggested that the party just walk to the destination, and Lumine sighed, realizing that this might be the best course of action if the group would make it to the town in a timely fashion. 

"All right, then," Lumine said as she stared down the road towards Yule.  "I'm ready if you all are ready."

Archived