The MANGA Blackwing Synchros

Y'all remember these guy right?

BlackwingNothungtheStarlight-JP-Manga-5D

Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight

1 "BlackwingTuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned from the GraveyardTarget 1 face-up monster on the field (if possible); that target (if any) loses 800 ATK, also inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

BlackwingTamerHawkJoe-JP-Manga-5D.jpg

Blackwing Tamer - Hawk Joe

1 "BlackwingTuner + 1 or more "Blackwing" non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher "Blackwing" Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Your opponent cannot select another "Blackwing" Monster as an attack target.

I cannot be the only one who wants these things, I just can't. Gram got nerfed a bit on his release, so I could see these getting a little, but I don't know if Nothung needs it. Discuss how much these have to offer one of my favourite homecoming decks.

I didn't know these existed.

Nothung is not half bad. It is actually stronger than Armed Wing in raw ATK, and I don't think is effect would be being triggered often but it still can be helpful. Use Call of the Haunted on it when your opponent has 800 or less LP for game?

Hawk Joe looks good. It would be a great addition to BW's Synchro 7 options: go for Hawk for field advantage and combos, or go for Armor Master to deal with a problematic monster.

If it's released someday, probably it will be nerfed with an on-summon effect ("When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target..."), and the summoned monster will have its effect negated and/or would be unable to attack.

The last effect is not clear (at least to me): Your opponent can only attack Hawk, or the monster Summoned by Hawk?

Archived