Machina Onslaught (TCG Card)

Ben Rogers

Hi fellow YCM Members,

I made this card after downloading this image from google image search.

*Please be aware that this a TCG card (therefore has TCG wording) so stop claiming it has OCG errors

CARD-EN002.jpg

Card: Machina Onslaught

Type: XYZ Monster

Attribute: Light

Level / Rank: 7

ATK: 2600

DEF: 1500

Effect:

2 Level 7 Machine type monsters.
Once per turn during either players turn, you can detach 1 card to negate the effect of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls (the selected card cannot activate effect(s) in response to this cards activation). If this face-up card was to be removed from play, change this card to defence position instead.

Detaching a material from this card negates the selected cards effects (this is permanent - until the selected monster leaves the field) and cannot activate in response so cards such as Evilswarm thunderbird (but must chain to thunderbird otherwise pointless).

Changing the cards position prevents this face-up card from being removed from play aka banished (I like remove from play better),

however doesn't prevent Bottomless trap hole but works against Karma Cut.

It does have OCG errors. OCG, when referring to the wording of a card, is "Official Card Grammar", which is simply how Konami words cards. TCG Cards follow the OCGrammer as well, so even if it is a TCG card, it can have grammar errors.

Any who, to the card itself, it is okay. It provides a decent beater with an amazing effect negation effect that can stop D-Prison. The effects seem random, effect negating being the go to on High Ranks and the prevention from being banished simply out of the left field, especially for a "Machina" Card. The Attribute also goes against the archetype, so I must wonder why exactly you chose to do that.

OCG Fix...

Once per turn, during either players turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effect of a monster your opponent controls (the selected card cannot activate effect(s) in response to this card's activation). If this card you control would be banished, change it to face-up Defense Position instead.

OCG Fix...
Once per turn, during either players turn: You can detach 1 card; negate the effect of a monster your opponent controls (the selected card cannot activate effect(s) in response to this card's activation). If this card you control would be banished, change it to face-up Defense Position instead.

Your "OCG Grammer" is off. Xyz Monsters must say 'Detach an Xyz Material from this card" not Detach 1 card. Also it has to target because its not responding to a Card's activation. (Note: Effect Veiler)

Overall I like the card. It's not insanely powerful, but will work great in a Machina Deck too. Other then the attribute which should be EARTH. Beyond that, awesome card!

Archived