[Leaderboard] Therrion vs. Snatch Steal [Therrion Wins]

Therrion

All YCM and Leaderboard rules apply

First to 3 votes win

No writtens, Card A/B System, preferably using this site's Card Maker

Card Due: 10/2/13, Voting Closes 10/6/13

Requirements: Support the under supported Pyro-Type!

Card A:

J1XOjue.jpg

Tribute 1 Pyro-Type monster: Special Summon 1 Pyro-Type monster from your hand, then Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with the same name as that card. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect cannot declare an attack this turn.

Card B:

mistressofflames_zpsd279ed59.png

When this card is summoned, you can discard up to 3 Pyro-Type monsters from your hand to select and resolve 1 of the following effects for each card you discarded: 1)Destroy 1 face-up card. 2) Draw 1 card and reveal it. If that card is a Pyro-Type monster inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. 3) Pick up the top 4 cards of your deck, select 1 spell or trap card among them, and add it to your hand. Return the rest of the picked up cards to the deck.

Card A has something that I doubt the creator saw: it can set up an Xyz Summon. While that combination results in a -1, it can allow for a first turn Xyz Monster or a mid to late-Game Xyz Monster. May I add that the Xyz Monster can attack unlike its Materials before they were used for the Xyz Summon? I understand the purpose of that restriction, but it can be avoided.

Card B does too much for a Level 4. It is 1-for-1 destruction that can be done 3 times when Summoned, it is somewhat like Graceful Charity except the discard is the cost for the draws unlike Graceful Charity where it is draw then discard (and the degree that occurs depends on the discard), and it is like Big Eye (the effect monster, not the Xyz monster) that gives you a peek at the top 4 cards and gives you a Spell/Trap if one is there (x3 if that is the case).

Both cards have their flaws. A overlooked a key detail while B simply does too much. I have to vote for one of them, so my vote goes to Card A simply because it at least gives Pyros some life even though its restriction is non-existent. 

Card A, with the current pool of pyro monsters, is quite balanced. Eventhough it sets up Xyz Summon, a -2 for 1 monster seems kinda balanced. Card B does too many things all at once, while being a strong monster on its own. And making it to work with Circle of the Fire Kings made it even worse. Vote for card A, card B has too much things going on on it.

I will not use Striker's comments so as to further help you judge the cards.

Card A - This enables you to make a really funny, but still broken combo with cards like Volcanic Hammerer and more notably, Pyrotech Mech - Shiryu. It enables you to get 2 Level 5+ Beatsticks with either 2400 or even a shocking 2900 ATK, able to rip right through your opponent at the cost of a small monster. I reckon that binding the Special Summoned monsters to the Tributed' Monster's Level would have been a safe touch here.

Card B - In terms of use, it is too powerful. It is a 1900 Lv4, a powerful force in its own rights, which allows you to destroy a card at the cost of 1 monster in your hand which when used with Burning Algae can essentially provide a reverse Soul Taker; as well as allows you to draw and potentially burn, then followed up by a chance for any spell or trap.

As a result, my vote goes to Card A. It is the more balanced of the two, though lacking a degree of limitation.

Thanks for taking your time guys.

Therrion wins 3-0, gg Snatch.

As for the card, I took note of Pyrotech and Hammerer (more so Pyrotech). To prevent two 2900s from being far too OP, I made the attack stopping, leaving only Xyz as an option (yes, I know the Xyz can attack). Of course, making a Rank 8 must be overpowered? Well, they're running a Pyro Deck, and through the card pool I made sure that it was in no way blatantly breaking the game by it being of this level.

Archived