Paladins of Emeralda [OoC/Started/Now Only Accepting at least 2 Paladins!]

1z4k8rm.jpg

(New Logo by Tormented. <3)

NOTE: The first four spoilers are of the history of the setting. I consider reading it as it brings insight towards the plot (Plus, it'll be edited as time goes on), but you can skip it if you wish. You have been warned.

[spoiler=The Beginning]

At first, there was one, then there were two in place of that one...

The First was not only the most justified, but the most corrupt. Who the First was before rising up to be the one true guardian is hidden in mystery. He swayed away all evil, and now tested the power of the Royal Army, killing their best men in combat. He was rewarded the benefits of a king, minus the authority. He had all the women, gold, drink and many other things that he desired. He would not be denied anything that he wanted, especially of items belonging to citizens, and he became shunned as a result.

A long time passes, nearly months before the First dies of alcohol poisoning, and he finds out a remarkable thing: he has sons. One of his mistresses had become pregnant and disappeared from him to be able to start a life with them. These two were considered the Second, since they were twins, and were nothing like their father, the First. Living a normal life as a result would be temporarily catastrophic, as something special in those boys led to a change in history.

Soon enough, the boys realize that they have more power than what to do with, and would spend their time to train themselves and master their powers. But they never thought they would become the Second, for they knew not of the potential now within their genes, deriving from the DNA of the First, known as Amethyte. Their purpose was far bigger than they could have ever realized. But they took advantage of it and prepared for the worst.

Much like the First, the Second swayed away evil, but were renowned as heroes, guardians of their world. They were greatly accepted and the citizens of Emeralda always expected them and later generations of them to ensure they are protected. And they delivered. At the moment the Third generation came around, two of them being cousins, there was a surprise to everybody. There would be a third member, unrelated to the two. How that came to be is unknown.

From there, many generations pass and each member of a particular generation would all be unrelated, the occasional sibling/cousin clashes that appeared to be random with each generation. Regardless, each generation has been awarded again and again for defending the foundation in which Emeralda is based on. Being the strongest warriors/mages of each generation, evil is continually struck down. It appeared as if no evil could phase them...

The Paladins were known to be guardians, until perceived to be demi-gods...

[/spoiler][spoiler=The Dark Misperception]

"When one deceives all, chaos shall ensue, and darkness shall rise up once more..."

~ Unknown Writer

Nearly 24 generations of Paladins pass (30 years each), and soon enough, a man whose name is unknown, had a twisted idea. He believed the Paladins to be decendants of an ancient god, and believed that to be the justification of them being crowned as guardians with every passing generation. He announced it towards the public, and at first, nobody followed him in agreement. Instead, they denied any such thing. Regardless, one after another, more people began to follow this man for the years to come.

What happened as a result of that day, was that as each generation of Paladins passed, more and more people began to believe the lie and have lost their perception of who they really are, to the point where almost every man, woman and child believed the Paladins to be descendants of an ancient god each generation. Very few people in Emeralda still believe what was once believed beforehand. But what also came from that day, came terror.

It was believed that that man was the creator of the Garnet Syndicate, a terrorist organization that at first mearly planned days and years on end, only attempting minor attacks on major cities. Each generation passes and their level of violence and severity in crimes slowly begin to increase, to the point of the present time, where all major members of the syndicate each have their own personal army, and all individually have their own form of dark magic, one more powerful than the last.

Due to over two dozens of generations creating a plan and preparing for all-out war, the Garnet Syndicate finally found their catalyst to take action...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Our Story Now...]

When the Paladins can no longer protect the innocent, the innocent turn on them without second thought...

~ King Marius XIII

2-3 years prior to the present timeline (before the end of the second to current generation), there was a sudden tide and change in history that will effect all who come to realize it in Emeralda, whom of which all have. The current ruler of the time, King Marius Regnius XIII, had been given a gruesome message in the worst possible way. First, it appears as though one of the Paladins was murdered, as was proven by seeing the mutilated corpse on his doorstep. Other news spread that one had disappeared without a trace. This was never meant to happen, but because it did, nothing can stop the hysteria brought along with it.

When the citizens heard of the tragic news, they didn't cry in sorrow. In fact, they yelled in rage. Their minds have been so twisted after years of believing such irrational lies, that they've come to know the truth: the Paladins are human, just as are the citizens. However, their reactions was the last thing on King Marius' mind. To make matters worse, Marius' son Seth, the heir to the throne, was attempting to make peace with a less rebellious faction known as the Opalagon. It's been about a month, and he's expected to have already arrived (Since the Opalagon was in fact far enough from the Royal Capital to require at least a month of horseback travel to arrive). Regardless, without his son, Marius would have to face this alone for the moment.

The citizens of Emeralda were furious. They had begun to believe the Paladins were all different types of things, 95% of it negative. They considered them weak, cheaters, greedy warriors, and anything else they could come up with. They never wanted the Paladins to show up ever again. But it wasn't their choice. As a result, the citizens pushed away the Paladins, but they could only do that for so much. Plus, they now believe that the Royal Army is their first, second and last line of defense. But if that's the case, what will happen when the Royal Army and the Kingdom is extingushed. Many things, including mass hysteria.

About a year and a half passes, and Seth returns with unsuccessful news. After Marius had received this news, he wondered what to do next. If the citizens turn violent, things will go sour quickly. So, to be safe than sorry, Marius sends Seth to a remote island off the coast of Emeralda to train in the arcane arts. Marius doesn't know when such an event will happen, but he is not about to take any chances. But what he didn't account for was the fact that he chose a bad time to send Seth out. A couple months pass, and a sudden event occurs within a blink of an eye, and he now fears for his life.

Meanwhile, outside the Royal gates, Emeralda's capital Rubal has now been witnessed by 5 individuals. They appeared to be a mix of warriors and mages. They all didn't know each other and, since Rubal has 5 roads towards the Royal Castle, each one walked from each. They all stared in awe of the scale in which the castle reflects. But that would become short lived, as all they could hear from behind them, is the sounds of the innocent screaming in terror. All the 5 could see, however, were what appeared to be uniquely armored knights, the armor itself seen to be the color of Obsidian. Oddly enough, that's what they're called: the Obsidian soldiers. They proceed to line themselves up to allow someone else to walk up.

Eventually, another man, not wearing the Obsidian armor, walks up. As he does, each row of Obsidian soldiers straightened themselves in response. The man appeared sadistic and absolutely insane, and the 5 in front of him just wished to know who he was and what he's doing. But they stayed quiet, waiting for something special to happen. And then, with a simple deep breath, the man began to speak. "Bring forth your beloved King, and you shall be spared for now." The guards at the gate requested the King under high priority supervision and protection.

5 minutes pass, and the King and the strange man meet face to face. Confused, King Marius just watched as the man walked forward. "And who may you be, even daring to request my attendance?" said King Marius. "First and foremost, you may call me Gore, of the Garnet Syndicate." Marius' heart nearly stopped at the thought of the organization name. He never would have thought of something like this to happen out of nowhere. "Why have you summoned me?" Gore mearly stood there, his smile slowly appearing on his face as he prepared the monologue of his lifetime.

"It's quite obvious, actually. Through many generations of planning and plotting, our time of successful royal rebellion has come. Your time and your Kingdom are now over, for we shall rule Emeralda from here on out. You have lost all chances to redeem yourself, and now you stand here to die at my hand, and allow the Royal Kingdom of this corrupted continent to turn over to the ones who will truly bring forth peace, which should have been acheived long before your existence. Now you shall feel my wrath. And now, with your cold and selfish hearts in tact, behold!"

With a simple snap of his fingers, the sky turned black. Seconds later, you can hear the sounds of many warriors within the capital running towards the main gates, but from what? From what it looked like, it appeared to be a black fog of some sorts. The King was forced to retreat into the castle. With him, the guards urged any and all warriors to enter the Royal Castle before the fog come and consumes them all. Any warrior that could, including the 5. However, not all warriors could enter the castle in time. Many were able, but many were just to slow, and were consumed into the black fog...[/spoiler][spoiler=The ReRise of the Paladins]

"It has been a year, and the fog still remains. Thanks to the light barrier, we have been safe, but we can only do so much to hold back what is soon to come at us with full force soon enough..."

~ King Marius XIII; Usurper Chronicles

It seems rather impossible that a barrier could hold back an attacking evil force for a whole year. It would be even more surprising to see it last another. But within that year, the hundreds of warriors whom have entered the castle have been recruited to join the Royal Army and face the evil when the time comes. However, the 5 warriors whom have appeared as if fate stepped in have yet to prove themselves in that time. But now it seems as though the time for that is at hand. At this point, King Marius had already sent word out via a pidgeon to Seth so that he may aid him in the upcoming battle. Hopefully he'll make it in time.

The next day comes, and now the King wishes to rush things even further (Months ago, he had the warriors test their skills in teams of 3s or 4s. Now he's doing it in 5s). Surprisingly enough, the 5 individuals were asked to test their powers. Even more surprisingly, King Marius had a pendant, but it was special. It contained a reactant that would glow pink at the close proximity of Amethyte. After the 5 demonstrated their powers, he placed the pendant in close proximity of the 5. Each one caused the pendant to glow. To his amazement, King Marius redirected the 5 to his master bedroom, activating a secret entrance...

The path in which the secret entrance becomes leads to what appeared to be training grounds that resembled those of ancient history. King Marius said that this was the headquarters of the Paladins. They were all shocked in some form or fashion, as they were deceived in the lies that became the norm for many citizens as well. King Marius had left them alone from then on. About an hour passes and the 5 search through everything the headquarters has to offer. Then, they come across what appeared to be an old man. "I have been waiting for you all..." said the old man. He walked forward and bowed in respect of them.

"I am the sole surviving Paladin of my generation; you may call me Glam." said the old man in an introductory manner. Glam ends up explaining that they are the new generation of Paladins, and that they are the only ones who can destroy the Garnet Syndicate. Some of them disagreed, still in denial with the deception fresh in their minds. Glam ensures that they don't have much of a choice. As a result, Glam proceeds to train them to the point where their hidden potential shall begin to release. But time is not on their side, as they can only do so much before war shall break forth, and the Kingdom will be rocked, literally.

3 months pass, and the barrier finally shatters. But with that, the fog has also pushed forward. And the war has begun...

[/spoiler]

IC Thread

[spoiler=Plot]You are the newest generation of Paladins. You have been trained to the point of just barely unlocking your potential. As war devastates the Kingdom of Emeralda, you must prepare yourself for the worst. Gore and his Obsidian soldiers have advanced into the castle, and now you must face him with all your power.

Will you run, or will you fight? With every ounce of your being, will you stand for what you believe in? You better hope so, because the life of nearly a billion people are at stake...[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules][spoiler=General Rules]

• As always, you have to follow the up-to-date RP Guidelines. And if you don't know what they are, it's one of the first few threads in this forum, so check them out if you're unaware of anything.
  • No Godmodding! This is the most important one (Next to Power-Playing). You can't have powers that are OP and will kill enemies instantaneously. You can't make yourself a god in ANY WAY. If you do, then that's a warning.
  • No Power-Playing! You can't control anyone else's characters except your own. You'll need permission to even allow control over anyone else. Creating your own NPC's is a different story. If your given a specific amount of permission, DON'T take advantage of it. Use what you can and do go above it. That will be a warning if I see it.
  • No Meta-gaming! This one seems to be the one people forget exists. Your character can't be all-knowing. That includes knowing everything about a character that isn't your own. It even applies if you have two completely different characters that have no connection whatsoever. You break this, that's a warning you can't avoid.
  • Me and Tormented (And Phantom Roxas since he's a Super Mod) have the final say on accepting applications. If you're denied, you'll be given another chance to make it better. If you can't make it any better, just walk away. Don't wine. That makes you look even worse, just saiyan. ;)
  • Any other rules from the Guidelines I may have missed still apply, so don't break them either, or you'll get a warning for each one.
  • You'll have up to 2 warnings until you're banned from RP (temporarily). Anyone who is able to will control your character until your time being banned is over (Roughly 3 days to a week). If you continue to break the rules or even post while still banned, you'll be perma-banned and someone will have full control over your character.

[/spoiler][spoiler=RP-specific Rules]

• Possibly all positions for the Paladins have been filled. I am only accepting villain applications until I know if killing off one of the Paladins is a good idea. When I do, you will have a chance in the future to make a Paladin, so don't worry about where in the story it'll be in.
  • If I feel that time is being slow with us, I'll make another post to continue the story. Basically, this RP is turn-based (Unless said otherwise or I post in immediate response). I will post first, then everybody else will post (Who does and when doesn't matter), and then I will post again. It's very simple. Just remember who posted and you'll be fine.
  • Your choices on magic (In regards to being a villain) is totally up to you, but it has to be a form of evil/dark magic. If not, then give a reason why that character uses that ability.
  • There will a lot of twists and turns in regards to the plot, so when you start to see them, hopefully one of you has an opportunity for some character development.

[/spoiler][spoiler=Other Rules]

• When things do go to plan for you, just go back to the drawing board and try to come up with other possibilities to give out the same result. It'll take some brainstorming, but it can be done.
  • I'm not trying to scold anyone with these rules. I'm just trying to create an environment where we all can create a solid story and have fun while doing it. So, try to enjoy yourself. You're apart of an RP that is 2-3 years in the making. If you have this attitude, you will all make this story amazing. So, have fun! :D

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Application]*Remove everything in parantheses!*

[Insert Character Avatar]
[Insert Character quote here]

Name(Can be of any ethnicity. Be creative, though):
Age(Highly recommended that the age should be 16-20. But if you can pull off a younger or older character, be my guest):
Gender(You get the idea):

[spoiler=Appearance](Here's where you can get creative. I honestly prefer a picture with a description of the differences, but a description on its own is fine. But using a pic on its own is frowned upon for me. Your descriptions should be at least a paragraph each)
Formal Attire(It would be rare for you to be having this appearance, but you will have to use it regardless soon enough):
Paladin Armor(I honestly prefer a pic from DeviantArt with a description, but I wouldn't mind a description on its own):[/spoiler]

Personality(Be creative here. Your character isn't the run-of-the-mill average joe of a character who just wanted to be a hero. Put some time into your description, with at least a paragraph worth of description to make your character unique.):
Biography(Unfortunately, because of how I intend on having the protagonists act, their history before coming to Emeralda will be a mystery. But do not fret, your character's story will be revealed. Just PM me the story in mind and I'll see what I can do. But what you can do with this, is express your character's experiences of coming to Emeralda, living within the Royal Castle, and your experiences with becoming a Paladin and training as one. Preferably, the minimum I need is 2 paragraphs.):
Weapons(It can be any weapon from Feudal Japan or medieval times, so you have many options.):
Magic(This is where your elements would go and the spells you can cast with them.):
Main Element(You only have one at the moment. When you get stronger, a new main element will be available to you.):
Sub-Elements(You can have up to two for your one Main element. When you gain a new Main Element, you will eventually gain a new Sub-Element for the other one.):
Spells(You can have up to 3 spells for your main Element, and one for each Sub-Element. You will gain new spells along the way, so be creative.):
Other(Anything else you wish to put down for your character, by all means.):

[spoiler=App in Code]

[Insert Character Avatar]
[i][Insert Character quote here]
[/i]
[b]Name[/b](Can be of any ethnicity. Be creative, though):
[b]Age[/b](Highly recommended that the age should be 16-20. But if you can pull off a younger or older character, be my guest):
[b]Gender[/b](You get the idea):
[spoiler=Appearance](Here's where you can get creative. I honestly prefer a picture with a description of the differences, but a description on its own is fine. But using a pic on its own is frowned upon for me. Your descriptions should be at least a paragraph each)
[b]Formal Attire[/b](It would be rare for you to be having this appearance, but you will have to use it regardless soon enough):
[b]Paladin Armor[/b](I honestly prefer a pic from DeviantArt with a description, but I wouldn't mind a description on its own):[/spoiler]
[b]Personality[/b](Be creative here. Your character isn't the run-of-the-mill average joe of a character who just wanted to be a hero. Put some time into your description, with at least a paragraph worth of description to make your character unique.):
[b]Biography[/b](Unfortunately, because of how I intend on having the protagonists act, their history before coming to Emeralda will be a mystery. But do not fret, your character's story will be revealed. Just PM me the story in mind and I'll see what I can do. But what you can do with this, is express your character's experiences of coming to Emeralda, living within the Royal Castle, and your experiences with becoming a Paladin and training as one. Preferably, the minimum I need is 2 paragraphs.):
[b]Weapons[/b](It can be any weapon from Feudal Japan or medieval times, so you have many options.):
[b]Magic[/b](This is where your elements would go and the spells you can cast with them.):
[i]Main Element[/i](You only have one at the moment. When you get stronger, a new main element will be available to you.):
[i]Sub-Elements[/i](You can have up to two for your one Main element. When you gain a new Main Element, you will eventually gain a new Sub-Element for the other one.):
[i]Spells[/i](You can have up to 3 spells for your main Element, and one for each Sub-Element. You will gain new spells along the way, so be creative.):
[b]Other[/b](Anything else you wish to put down for your character, by all means.):

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Characters will be in a separate post...

[spoiler=Terms to Know]This will be updated when I have time, so be patient, k? ;)[/spoiler]

This RP has been nearly 3 years in the making. Only you, yes YOU, can make it worth all the brainstorming. Enjoy! :)

EDIT: I have already chosen who will be my Paladins, so you can only be accepted as a Garnet Syndicate member. So, any Paladin app not made by my team will be denied immediately. You have been warned.

[hr]

Story

[spoiler=Pre-Saga/Prologue]The training of the new Paladins is cut short as the Royal Castle is under attack and is nearly destroyed. The Paladins have purposely separated to cover more ground. Since the castle is so large, they have to split up and attempt to push back Gore's forces. When they do, they must face Gore himself, one who outclasses even them in some way or another. What will happen when the battle to save the Kingdom reaches its conclusion? With perseverance, it's safe to say that the Paladins will survive, but what will come of the fate of Gore?[/spoiler]

This section shall be updated as the RP advances.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to reserve a Garnet Syndicate app, if at all possible.

Here is my app:

NOTICE: Tentatively finished..

[spoiler: Garnet Syndicate App]

"The most potent of weapons that can be given a man is a cause."

Name: Eskay Rebb

Size: 6'4'' tall; weighing 220 lb w/o his armor, which is almost another 70 lb

[spoiler: Appearance]vicelord_ver_emityn.jpg[/spoiler]

Personality: He has a rather cruel sense of humor. He never removes his armor; no one seems to know why (the exception here is his helm, which he takes off to eat). As his sense of justice is what others may call 'twisted,' he like to personally preside over the military tribunals of his army. He possesses a deep, sonorous voice which only helps to compound his foreboding appearance. He has a heavily disguised superiority complex and will become defensive and enraged if his position or power is truly threatened; this is in only extreme cases, however. His hunger for power drowns out most other wants, including those toward the fairer sex. Despite all of these glaring psychological problems, he is unmatched in sheer cunning.
Biography:  

In the serf's village outside Rubal, the capital of Emeralda, there lived a poor couple who had a son. This young boy was always prone to violence, constantly picking fights and seemed besieged by a disgruntled aura. He grew to be bigger than most others of his age; stronger, too. Eventually, his parents could not provide enough food for the young man, who was forced into stealing from vendors and shops in the city to satisfy his hunger. There was one thing that only his mother could cook, though. This was the marinated, unflamed flesh of birds that his father had trapped in the fields. No other dish compared to this signature, simple preparation of his mother's. When the father caught a particularly large prey, or more than one, the son would eat heartily of his portion and not be forced to steal. This is one of the only truly happy times in an otherwise unfulfilled life for the young man.

His eagerness to combat with others, along his growing need for food forced the boy to join the ranks of the army at the ripe, old age of 13. Through his training in this organization, he was able to read about and see the fabled Paladins and the favorable treatment they received. He heard the rumors and scoffed, for they looked nothing like gods to him. He resented everything they were given, however, as well as how they used such resources.

Through time, his cunning intellect and excellence in combat allowed him to rise very rapidly through the ranks and gain valuable contacts, although he was no real officer yet. Suddenly, the son of two serfs was a marginally powerful individual in the emerald capital. Despite his accomplishments, the young man snapped one fateful day. One of his mentors took notice of this and introduced him to something that would hopefully quell the churning of his heart, the Garnet Syndicate. This did not quell the churning as his mentor had hoped, however, it only gave it a vent. The young man, now almost 17, dropped from the army to study the dark magic at the heart of his new organization. To do so required, however, that the young man leave the only home he had ever known and train in the region known as Hyland, for this is where his masters-to-be ordered him to be taught. Regardless that he had never dabbled in the arcane arts before, the young man was a natural at it. A mere 2 years later he was one of the marquis men of the group--having been given the prized, enchanted artifact of his teachers in the arts of the arcane--and 1 year of isolated magical refinement further down the road, he found himself at the head of one of the syndicate's armies in a position of true power. He was one of the GS Cadre. Now he had the raw power and influential sway to actually enact change in the society which with he had grown so frustrated.
Weapons:

The picture shows him holding an axe, this he stole from an adversary's corpse. Additionally, his primary weapon is a black-bladed claymore (two-handed blade) given to him by his masters of the arcane arts. It is unbreakable and never dulls or dents, as well as being bound to its wielder by a proximity spell. Apparently, each wielder of the blade gives it a name, and he chose 'Luna Nova,' meaning new moon, the darkest night of any lunar cycle.

The armor he wears is made of a substance nonnative to Emeralda but exclusively formed in Hyland, called 'typhonide.' It has an incredible resistance to heat.
Magic:
Darkness (M)

*Hand of Shade-creates a giant silhouette of a hand out of darkness magic that can be freely controlled by the caster

*Vapor Shroud-disappears in a burst of darkness magic and teleports somewhere nearby

*Midnight Seed-a seed forms from darkness magic and can be implanted in another person to gradually force them to sleep
Tar(S)

*Lake of Pitch-a portion of earth converts to a boiling pit filled with tar that the caster can move freely on/in without suffering harm or impediment, as well as creating controllable tar constructs within the boundaries of the spell

*Black Tar Transformation-whatever desired portion of the caster's body is transformed into controllable, boiling tar; requires superhuman concentration to maintain

Poison(S)

*100 Dart Swarm-100 projectiles of concentrated poison, type picked by the caster, are shot at the enemy
Other: 

*He has an insatiable craving for birds, which he eats raw. 

*Even for his large size, he has disproportionate strength, though his quickness leaves something to be desired.

*Due to his preference for tar magic and his immunity to all magics of the sort, as well as his currently undefeated record in battle, he has been dubbed 'the Untarnished.'

*His horse is one of the possessions he takes the utmost pride in, affectionately known as 'Tar Heel'.

*He has recently taken two proteges under his wing, two sixteen year old twin males he met during his year apart from the GS in Hyland named Eibel and Keihn, both of whom know why he doesn't remove his armor.

*His helm is enchanted: the horns glow blue when someone powerful nearby is going to die.

[/spoiler]

Note my tentative interest (am in 2-3 RPs at the moment and will take another when it is finished planning, so, unsure)

When you have the time, you can join in.

I would like to reserve a Garnet Syndicate app, if at all possible.

Here is my app:
NOTICE: IT IS NOT FINISHED YET. DO NOT LOOK!
[spoiler: Garnet Syndicate App]
"The most potent of weapons that can be given a man is a cause."

Name: Eskay Rebb
[spoiler: Appearance]
vicelord_ver_emityn.jpg
[/spoiler]
Personality: He has a rather cruel sense of humor. He never removes his armor; no one seems to know why.
Biography: He
Weapons: The picture shows him holding an axe, this he stole from an adversary's corpse. Additionally, his primary weapon is a claymore (two-handed blade).
Magic:
Darkness (M)
*Hand of Shade-creates a giant silhouette of a hand out of darkness magic that can be freely controlled by the caster
*Vapor Shroud-disappears in a burst of darkness magic and teleports somewhere nearby
*Midnight Seed-a seed forms from darkness magic and can be implanted in another person to gradually force them to sleep
Tar(S)
*Lake of Pitch-a large portion of earth converts to a boiling pit filled with tar that the caster can move freely on/in without suffering harm or impediment
Poison(S)
*100 Dart Swarm-100 projectiles of concentrated poison, type picked by the caster, are shot at the enemy
Other: He
[/spoiler]

Had to look. Looks good so far. Take your time.

Also, a little note, being apart of the Garnet Syndicate would most likely be done similar to the discussions of the Akatsuki in Naruto Shippuden. All members would be able to watch the battle that ensue. And when it's time to choose another, based on how strong I'm guessing they are, I will use a random number generator to determine who goes next. And, the first member of the Garnet Syndicate (Gore) will be controlled by me, so be aware of that.

[hr]

Paladins (WIP)

[spoiler=Kazuto Kirigaya ~ Tsunugai Tamashī]5mcy9k.jpg
"I don't know why I'm here now, but I know that I will not be the same person I was before...

Name: Tsunugai Tamashī
[spoiler=Formal Attire]largeAnimePaperscans_Record-of-Agarest-W
Minus the hair, fingerless gloves and the sword, this is pretty much what Tsunugai looks like at times. As what is seen in the Avatar, Tsunugai has medium-long black hair and blue eyes. Although the armor is incorrect, his actual Paladin armor is very much similar, but much slimmer to allow more movement.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Paladin Armor]the_paladin_by_dagethe3vil-d58y6mj.png
At times, Tsunugai will have the helmet on, but he will most likely keep it off, unless decided otherwise. At this moment, he doesn't have the sword shown, but will have it in the future.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Personality: Tsunugai can be described primarily in one word: broken. Only knowing who he was since merely years before the battle with Gore, Tsunugai cannot seem to understand the main issue with himself: who is he? He has a longing of knowing who he was before realizing he can't remember anything. But at the same time, what has been revealed to him puts fear and distance from others within him. He only knows of one moment in his life, but it is vague in itself. Whatever he will remember will most likely lead to him pushing away others, along with being angry towards himself. In time, though, he will begin to realize the horror that is his true identity.
Biography: The life of Tsunugai from before a few years ago is a mystery. He never knew if he had parents, what his life was like, what careers he was attempting for, none of that. All he remembers, is being sent to the city of Topazion (The lesser mainstream city of Emeralda) to be put under illegal slave labor. It was grueling. He didn't even know who he was, and the only thing he was known as (By the slave owners anyways), was "Freak". However, not even a week passed, and something snapped in him, instincts he never realized he had became active, and he escaped the clutches of isolation and duress, bringing himself into the outside world, not knowing of where he is or what to do.

Many months pass, and he had begun to learn of what the city is about, along with enough history of Emeralda to get him by. He had come across what appeared to be a presentation of a training class in the ways of sword and shield fighting. The best part about it, was that anyone, regardless of what they can afford, if at all, can come and experience this class. Tsunugai offered to be apart of it. Over the first few classes, he's realized how much it takes to actually fight with a sword and shield. But as he kept going, he adapted and after a few months, he was awarded basic armor along with a steel sword and shield.

Before he knew it, a year passes, and he began to realize he was able to cast spells. Not only would that give him an advantage in battle, if ever, but it also means that he can learn how to master what he can do. But what really got his attention, was when he realized one day, about the Paladins. And of course, being in the wrong crowd, had been deceived by the people talking about them with the lies that are fresh in their minds. But in all honesty, he never really understood them, so he didn't pay that much attention anyway. But regardless, he would soon come to realize that he would need to explore all of Emeralda to get the full experience.

Another year passes, and Tsunugai has traveled to the Royal Capital of Rubal. After training on his own during that time, he's finally given himself a break to travel and learn many things about Emeralda. Most of the day was used purposely for sightseeing and learning all that he could in that time. But nothing was more amazing than seeing the Royal Gates. And, oddly enough, he didn't realize that there were 4 others, 2 each on either side of him. He didn't realize that Rubal had 5 roads to the gates, but he definitely kept that in mind for next time.

But there wouldn't be a next time. Suddenly, black armor-clad soldiers appeared down the road Tsunugai was walking down previously. He observed what would happen next, and saw a man appear before the soldiers, requesting the King's audience, so to speak. The man revealed himself as Gore, a member of the Garnet Syndicate. He spoke of a new order shall commence with this attack towards the Kingdom. Next thing he knew, a black fog was coming forward, pushing back nearly over a hundred warriors towards the Royal Gates. The guards urged all able warriors to enter the castle for safe haven.

Another year passes, and Tsunugai, along with the other 4 he remembered encountering, have now prepared to test their powers in an attempt to be apart of the Royal Army, and fight back when the time comes. Oddly enough, Tsunugai and the 4 were brought to King Marius' master bedroom, and were taken to a secret location, in which the Paladins once trained. Tsunugai remembered hearing things about the Paladins before, and realized that he may could be one of them. But how? He wasn't sure, and even the appearance of Glam and his vague explanation didn't help, especially with the opinions of the others.

Months pass, training as Paladins was a nightmare at first. But like all things, he adapted and was able to unlock his potential, barely. He then realized that he had a special form of light magic that is immune to all other types of it and is compatable with all natural and eatheral elements. It would prove useful. And when the barrier finally came down, Glam had to teach them one more thing, which he didn't even understand. Afterward, Tsunugai began his first mission as a Paladin, and was now prepared to risk his own life with 4 others that he had only begun to know, and vice versa.

The Paladins come forth, jumping into the battle within the war-torn Kingdom...
Weapons(It can be any weapon from Feudal Japan or medieval times, so you have many options.):
Magic(This is where your elements would go and the spells you can cast with them.):
Main Element(You only have one at the moment. When you get stronger, a new main element will be available to you.):
Sub-Elements(You can have up to two for your one Main element. When you gain a new Main Element, you will eventually gain a new Sub-Element for the other one.):
Spells(You can have up to 3 spells for your main Element, and one for each Sub-Element. You will gain new spells along the way, so be creative.):
Other(Anything else you wish to put down for your character, by all means.):[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Paladin (WIP)]6101c35e-a0a2-4bf8-819b-66018870f441_zps
"I will deal with this. Please, do not strain yourself."

Name: Cyrus Raustaire
[spoiler=Appearance][spoiler=Formal Attire]Cool20Anime20guys20tablet20wallpapers201

Cyrus has green eyes.[/spoiler][spoiler=Paladin Armor]Silver-hairedanimeguys_1__zpse9f38bb2.jp

In spite of the wolf's presence in the picture, Cyrus has no animal companion. His upper body is entirely accurate, including the cape, but he doesn't have that many belts, and rather than the baggy pants, he has silver armor covering the rest of his body. He stands at just about 6 feet tall, and the back of his cape is marked with a four-pointed star. As shown in his formal attire, he wears a cross necklace.[/spoiler][/spoiler]Personality: Cyrus still very much a believer in the legend of paladins being descended from a god. Reasoning that the blood had diluted over the generations, Cyrus thinks that he and his fellow paladins are the results of the bloodline maintaining its purity, although even he doesn't think of himself to be immortal. He realizes that his theology would make him very unpopular amongst his comrades, so he often speaks through his actions rather than his words, but when he does speak, he has a convincing display of kindness, making special care not to let his true feelings surface. However, he cannot restrain himself when in battle, thrilling on staining his blade with blood. Fighting another person and being able to prove his superiority as a paladin makes him happy, but this in turn makes him less than ideal as a protector of justice.
Biography: Cyrus holds a deep resentment towards the Opalagon Society, so he'll use his position as a paladin to fight back against them. Cyrus isn't particularly impressed with his element, finding it too chaotic and primitive, but he was nonetheless able to master control of it. He's comfortable working alongside his fellow paladins, but has tended to keep to himself.
Weapons: His only weapon is the silver sword shown in his paladin appearance. Beyond the hilt and guard, the blade itself is mostly simple, although the four-pointed star is engraved in a line of the along the long end of the blade, close to the guard, on each side of the blade.
Magic:
Main Element: Nature magic. Can control any forest or uprooting in an area, and can toss seeds to create wild roots.
Spells:
- Heart of the Jungle: Cyrus summons branches that he can completely control with his mind, although the more branches there are, the harder it will be to control them.
Other(Anything else you wish to put down for your character, by all means.):[/spoiler]

Before I decide what character I want to use, how many characters are we allowed to run?

One Garnet Syndicate member and as many sub-plot villains as you can come up with, as long as you can manage them. And since this world is yet to be made, so to speak, you guys have to fill in the blanks. You can make the environment how you shape it. You can create cities, villages, and even special shops for other things. I've said this too many times, but go nuts! ;)

[Spoiler=App]

MordredFace_zps5a57fbc3.jpg

"Too long has this world been ruled by the corrupt and impotent."

Name: King Moderatus Draconicus 

[spoiler=Appearance]

Mordred2_zps77b1de6b.jpg

To answer the questions unanswered by the image, Moderatus stands a healthy six feet in height and, as one would likely expect, is quite muscular beneath that armor of his.  This young man's eyes are the most startling shade of red, not the pink of an Albino but Blood Red in coloration.  His hair color is as seen in the avatar, dark brown.  Now, yes this image is of a female character, but the armor was too cool-looking not to use.  There are of course going to be differences in the appearance, namely the lack of armored "high-heels" and also the lack of feminine curves.[/spoiler]

Personality:  Moderatus is a driven young man, seeking to make the world a better place through every use of his skills whether that involves the battlefield or the debate room.  Something of an anomaly among nobility, he sees his duty as protecting those less fortunate than himself rather than simply using them to further his own goals.  Furthermore, this young boy has an ingrained code of conduct centering around the virtues of Honor, Honesty, Valor, and Loyalty.  Most important is his definition of loyalty, which requires that the one to whom he swears to be loyal be worthy of such an oath.  If one to whom he swore loyalty were ever to become unworthy of it, Moderatus would of course be bound by honor to destroy them.  He has sworn loyalty to the Garnet Syndicate because he believes that Emeralda has been ruled for too long by impotent kings dependent upon these so-called "paladins" for their authority rather than their own strength or virtuous nature.  It is because of this that he will seek, at whatever cost to himself, to slay the current king.

Biography:  The young boy by the name of Moderatus was born the bastard son of a king allied to Marius of Emeralda whose neighboring kingdom of Britannia had been seen for many years as a sort of paradise, ruled as it was by Artorias and guarded by his Knights of the Round.  Growing in obscurity as he did, Moderatus saw very little of this.  The forest in which his mother, Morganna, raised him was near the edge of the kingdom and as such there were many problems which befell them.  Out of necessity, Moderatus taught himself to fight from a very young age, and used this skill not only to fend off bandits from his mother's home but also to protect the peasantry in the few villages neighboring the forest.  Though he did not wear armor, the black cloak he wore led the peasants to call him "The Black Knight" and he was greatly beloved by them.  Eventually, by chance in fact, he met his father while clearing a road of bandits.  Artorias, seeing only a boy who was far too young to lift a sword fight with such skill, invited him to come to the castle at Camelot and to become a squire.  The lad eagerly accepted, taking only time to bid his mother goodbye.  At Camelot, the skill he'd fostered in his young years was compounded upon as he was trained by the more senior Knights of the Round and in only a few years became one of that order's two youngest members, along with Sir Galeas who was trained as a squire alongside him.  For many years he served honorably, but soon he saw the kingdom gripped by uncertainty.  Many people he spoke to along his travels through the kingdom to keep it safe spoke of the king as seeming all too distant, and when Moderatus returned to Camelot after a particularly long journey he saw the same thing for himself.  Artorias seemed distant and unemotional, even with his knights.  Moderatus felt himself growing uncertain, and s confused as the people.  Their king was beginning to seem more like a Judge than anything else.  Taking a leave of absence from the knights, Moderatus made his way back to that same humble forest on the edge of the kingdom.  Of course he found bandits had returned, and dealt with them most severely before returning to his mother to discuss his troubles with her.  She seemed to share his concerns, having an idea of a king that was more like Artorias in his youth.  As Moderatus prepared to make his return, his mother told him something greatly important.  That the king was his father.  This brought an idea to the young Knight's mind, an idea he thought could very realistically bring much needed change to the kingdom.  He made his move when Artorias left on a visit to another kingdom, claiming his right to rule and immediately setting about preparing for his father's return.  As expected, when the king made his return and learned of Moderatus' actions he set about gathering all those he could, including half of his knights, and leading them in an attack on Camelot.  Moderatus had of course expected this, and had his own forces, the other half of the knights among them, ready for battle on the fields before the castle.  The ensuing clash was the bloodiest in Britannia's history, and culminated in the duel to the death between father and son.  Despite being run through by Artorias' lance, Moderatus managed to strike a killing blow upon the king.  Some weeks later, after he'd had time to recover, Moderatus was crowned king and set about the difficult process of rebuilding.  Some seven years after that battle, Moderatus was approached by the Garnet Syndicate and asked to assist them in deposing the king of Emeralda.  Moderatus posed the question of whether to act not just to his knights, but to the people at large.  Many debates sprung up, but after hearing all that he could from both sources he knew and the mysterious leader of the Syndicate, Moderatus agreed to assist.  Thus it was that an army of soldiers clad in not onyx black like the other soldiers of the Garnet Syndicate, but brilliant white departed from Britannia, their king at their head, to go to war.

Weapon:

Moderatus wields only a single sword, the sister-blade of the Legendary Excalibur that his father had carried. Moderatus' blade, named Clarent, is every bit as unbreakable as its sister and has yet to find a material which it cannot cut with ease.  This sword is the one seen in the appearance image, and despite its size Moderatus can fight with it just as well in one hand as two.

Magic:

Divine (M)

Consecration - Makes the ground beneath the caster's feet, out to a radius of 10 meters, holy to the point that the caster's enemies are burned across their whole bodies simply by standing on it.  Particularly weak foes might simply burst into golden flames, and be burned away to ashes.

Judgement - A burst of raw, holy power is unleashed to deal damage to a single enemy.  Further effects vary depending upon the active seal.

Divine Radiance - A radial burst of holy power, this spell has a unique effect.  Nearby allies find their wounds knitted shut and their energy restored.  However, nearby enemies are harmed by the holy power and find themselves disoriented.

Seals (S)

Seal of Righteousness - A seal which fills the caster with holy power, making each strike with their weapons deal Holy Damage.  Judgement's damage is greatly increased by this seal.

Summoning (S)

Valorous Steed - After reciting a brief incantation, the caster calls forth a mighty steed to carry them into battle.  In Moderatus' case, this steed is a Crimson Pegasus armored in bone white.

Other:

As you probably guessed, Moderatus is an adaptation of Mordred from Arthurian Legend.

Moderatus' favorite food is actually something very simple.  Stewed Venison like his mother used to make.

Due to the circumstances surrounding his conception, Moderatus is often affectionately referred to as "The Bastard King" by his subjects.

His armor is enchanted, allowing it to sustain a great deal more punishment than standard plate armor and granting it self-repairing properties.

His army is divided into nine legions, each one headed by one of the Knights of the Round.

Moderatus carries with him a magic pendant, allowing him to communicate with Camelot and even project his appearance into the throne room.  Thus, he is able to rule his kingdom even while away.

[/spoiler]

Alright, here's my app.  Lemme know if I need to change anything.

This is my first app. Introducing the second-in-command of the Garnet Syndicate!

[spoiler=Mnemo omenM]
pnSsVRb.jpg
"Murder is bad, Gow. You shouldn't do those kinds of things."

Name: Mnemo omenM
[spoiler=Appearance]
LittleGirl.jpg?=123
Constantly dressed in peasant clothing and seemingly without any defects, Mnemo's appearance may seem underwhelming to many. She also possesses long light-brown hair and emerald eyes, along with a birthmark on her left wrist. Due to her powers, many suspect this to be an illusion, but if anyone says so, she'll offer to let them touch her to prove that it's not. However, she can change her appearance if need be (preferably into an adult form), though it would disparate upon contact.

The box displayed is her 'home', an object that appears to be something she can summon upon will, and every now and then she would retreat into it and close the lid, presumably to sleep.

Curiously enough, her base appearance shares a great similarity with the younger sister of a certain someone.
[/spoiler]

Personality: Mnemo is a child, and many of her comments seem ignorant, often mistaking what other people say for something far more innocent. At the same time, she often interjects into others' business to remind them that violence is bad, that strangers shouldn't be trusted, that they shouldn't stay out too late, etc. However, despite this supposed childishness, Gore trusts her, and it is due to this personality of hers that she has successfully approached and personally recruited many members of the Garnet Syndicate without being killed on the spot - not that they could even if they tried. She's just as annoying in battle as she is outside.

If this 'persona' of hers is fake, she has never shown it, though those who have been with her long enough suspect it. One clue is that she never seems totally appalled at the prospect of mass murder or torture, though she will scold those responsible. She may turn out to be surprisingly knowledgeable should anyone talking to her know how to work around her innocuous attitude. But every now and then, should she see it necessary, she will offer crucial advice or support to any one person. While she has no way of knowing the histories of other people, she is able to sense the emotions and true intentions of all those around her - this is most likely the ability she uses to accept members of the Garnet Syndicate.

It is impossible to tell whether her intentions are good or evil, and if so, whether she has an ulterior motive.

Biography: Remains unknown, even to those closest to her, and nobody knows how long she has even been inside the organization. However, what is known is that she spends most of her time patrolling towns and streets has handpicked many of the Garnet Syndicate members, and those who weren't are people who have gained her personal approval to join. Everyone whom she disapproved of have all been rejected, regardless of their talents.

Magic: When it comes to actual magic, Mnemo shows little to no talent, and appears to be incapable of learning anything else other than her signature illusions. Being her only weapon, she has no way of interacting with the real world, and is only capable of mentally affecting others. As if to make up for this, it seems that her illusions possess little to no limits in regards to detail and range, and her physical capabilities are also surprisingly high.

Main Element: Illusions:

Someone who sees her ability for the first time may assume that she can create things out of thin air, though it's over once they realize that these illusions are harmless and cannot actually affect the real world. In order to confuse and confound her opponents, she can utilize it to create mazes, traps and mirrors, slowing them down and enabling her to escape. She can also use it to trick others, such as making the illusion that there's a door on the wall, making everyone in the room look like the same person, or having it look as though somebody entered an entirely different world. They aren't limited to images either, and she can also create the illusion of sound.

Mostly effective upon those who are dumb or easily scared.

Sub-Element: Memories:

A more advanced form of illusions, she draws directly upon the memories of a subject in order to generate illusions. While they're limited to the memories of the subject and cannot be expanded upon, the memories will be able to affect - and even attack - the subject as long as it has a mental impact upon them. However, these special illusions cannot affect those unrelated to the memories, and if the subject manages to mentally overcome his own past (or forget it), they will revert to harmless illusions.

Mostly effective upon those whom are psychologically tormented.

Other:

I'm pretty sure that this is obvious, but she is no way what she appears to be.

Mnemo omenM Boss Battle

[/spoiler]

You should probably go through it to see if it's acceptable first, Kirigaya. Also, I'll work on my Paladin app a bit later.

Archived